Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

YN Forum Member Essay Contest Huge Jumbo Mega Multi Senior Member Contribution Prize Pot.

Comments

• Options
    My first "100" capture!. Now I am going to have to add ANOTHER contribution to the giveaway. Jeez. Take my colllection, why don't you....Respectfully, John Curlis
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As of some of the PM's that I'm reviewing there seem to be a new "Everybody Wins Prize Pot" that's growing...
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    So Broadstruck, how about a talley of the number of entries so far? With respect and without Malice image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options

<< <i>So Broadstruck, how about a talley of the number of entries so far? With respect and without Malice image >>

As things stand we are at 5 YN Essays that have been submitted early... but there's still plenty of time! image
  • Options

<< <i>As of some of the PM's that I'm reviewing there seem to be a new "Everybody Wins Prize Pot" that's growing... >>

This is a very cool development!!! image Glad I could help!!! image

Good luck to all!!! image

Perry
    TheZooKrew
    Morgan, modern sets, circulated Kennedys, and Wisconsin error leaf quarter Collector
    First (and only - so far) Official "You Suck" Award from Russ 2/9/07
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    I think that there are more than enough prizes for everybody to get a small wheelbarrow full of loot.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options

<< <i>Don't despair! This is how Will Shakespeare got his start! >>

And Virgil Brand?!? image
  • Options
    imageMore prizes posted below! image

• Options
    zrlevinzrlevin Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So Broadstruck, how about a talley of the number of entries so far? With respect and without Malice image >>

As things stand we are at 5 YN Essays that have been submitted early... but there's still plenty of time! image >>

Mine is nearing completion, and will be submitted in a few days. image
    Zach
  • Options
    Numero 6 has been submitted! image
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    Meet my YN.

He has a hard time typing, but you should have it's essay shortly.

Thank you.

imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    just turned mine inimage
  • Options

<< <i>just turned mine inimage >>

And you thought the work was over when school let out!image
  • Options

And then there where 7! image
  • Options
    I have a question, how will the winner be picked? Poll?
  • Options
    CheddyCheddy Posts: 411 ✭✭

<< <i>

And then there where 7! image >>

Number 8 is coming soon. I finished mine, I'm going to proof read it a few more times and then send it in.
  • Options
    For the new YN's just signing up on the forum please read the rules and updates for this contest within this thread.

You must be an existing YN Forum Member prior to May 20th 2008, otherwise if you are the child of an existing Adult Forum Member and you are signing up for this contest your Parent must confirm you are their YN.
  • Options
    WalmannWalmann Posts: 2,806
    "And then there where 7! "

That's magnificent.
  • Options
    CheddyCheddy Posts: 411 ✭✭
    I just sent mine in! image
  • Options
    Page 7!
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    Am I allowed back yet, or do I really need to wait till 9:01pm on June 1st, Broadstruck? image
  • Options

<< <i>I just sent mine in! image >>

Got it thanks!!! image
  • Options

<< <i>Am I allowed back yet, or do I really need to wait till 9:01pm on June 1st, Broadstruck? image >>

nutz4coinz, I know you have multiple children from your 80's rocker dayz... so why haven't you introduced them to your hobby and signed one up as a YN? image
  • Options
    123!
  • Options
    Well, three reasons....first, they are concentrating on their futures..one in college and a football star (Div 3, talented, but education comes first...good shot at an Arena League future, but due to the small college, NFL unlikely...and I am serious about his potential), so, its chicks, beer, football, school (BETTER not be in that exact order, though I know its studies first for him)....the other is a budding pro wrestler, so he's busy travelling on his off time from being a small pub/restaurant manager. He travels all over the east coast, getting bloodied, fractured, spit on, stuff thrown at him, and making those big paydays of $20-$30....$50 if its a good gate. The dues they pay, its unreal. So, thusly, the second reason is they are 21 and 23 (he loves coins...as long as they add up to dollars...he's one kid that cant see paying $1,000 for a nickel...does that sound familiar to some of you, that kind of reaction when those that are not in the hobby find out you pay uber $$$ for a lusy dime?), so they are too old for YN status. The third reason is I only have enough money for my collection, not theirs. Though, the youngest DID show an interest in Merc dimes for almost 2 years, and he has all but the '21 P&D and '16-D. He had a decent eye....and its nicely matched from AU sliders to Uncs (nice, sharp, untoned...though, the aforementioned ones will not be as such...I did pick him up a '21-D, VF35 PCGS, and he's gonna get it tomorrow. Maybe re-ignite that interest. It was very cool going to coin stores with him, as he wanted to get into it because I enjoyed it, and he told me so. He did that, as he realized I never missed a game, regardless of the sport (along with 90% of the practices), so he thought 'why not reciprocate?'. Though I dont know much about the series, and couldnt help him, he did the right thing, got the book and read (more like perused carefully, girls still took precedent). I was quite happy he chose a series that had intrinsic value, just in case he tired of the hobby. I do believe he was a bit bummed when he realized how much the '21's are in his chosen grade to match the set, and how expensive that '16-D is, even in AG. Hopefully, the '21-D will rekindle it, as he is going to have to crack it on his own (he has watched me do it, and I will supervise)....we shall see. The set was started in about '02ish, so it has appreciated, and all his coins are nice, unmessed with (is that a word?)...if he doesnt take to it, hell, I'll finish it...but then I'll have to read up on them, then get the upgrade bug...oh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

edited to add: BUT, if either makes it to the bigs in their respective gig (football or wrasslin'...nothing is impossible), I am the manager, and will only charge them a fee of 15%, which gives me more money for MY coins...lol
  • Options
    Update: Wow all that was missing from the prize pot was the kitchen sink... Oops a Safe! imageimage

Well a Safe large enough to hold everything has just been donated by member "cinman14" to the 1st Place Prize Pot, full info will be posted below!

imageimage
  • Options
    My essay will be done soon!
  • Options
    zrlevinzrlevin Posts: 734 ✭✭✭
    I just submitted mine! image

I would like to thank everyone who made this contest possible. The generosity of the forum members here never ceases to astound me.
    Zach
  • Options

<< <i>I just submitted mine! image

I would like to thank everyone who made this contest possible. The generosity of the forum members here never ceases to astound me. >>

zrlevin, Got It... image
  • Options
    cinman14cinman14 Posts: 2,489

And decide what happens to your COINS...This is for all the YN's who submitted essays good luck to all
  • Options
    So does that make 7 or 8 essays now?

Perry
    TheZooKrew
    Morgan, modern sets, circulated Kennedys, and Wisconsin error leaf quarter Collector
    First (and only - so far) Official "You Suck" Award from Russ 2/9/07
  • Options
    i think that makes ten imageimage
  • Options
    I submitted my essay last night...did you receive it?
  • Options

<< <i>I submitted my essay last night...did you receive it? >>

Yes I got it twice... two words did not format correctly on either when you clipped-n-pasted into the PM, but I'll fix it! image
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭
    Good God Almighty... the response to the Give-Away is considerably larger than I expected it to be.

Where are the essays ? I for one would like to read them.

I bought a coin from JJ Teaparty because I thought it looked nice
    and realized that I already had a higher graded one - and I don't
    want to bother to return it to them. [ Yes, its another Barber Dime. ]

I mentioned I would donate a 1924 Mercury raw dime from my Dansco
    album to the Winner of the essay contest. I assume this means the
    concensus winner.

I'll donate the newp - 1901-P Barber Dime in PCGS AU 58 to the YN
    I feel has written the best essay.

The pot just got sweeter...

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    Thanks MFH for another generous donation! image

All ESSAY's will post on Sunday Night at 9:01 PM EST.
  • Options
    Just turned mine in!
  • Options
    imageMore prizes posted below! image

• Options
    UPDATE: Once again... NEW YN's please have your Parent Member confirm you are their YN via PM.

The prize pot is now full and overflowing... with the deadline of the contest approching rapidly, last chance for donations to be accepted for this giveaway. image
  • Options
    Page 8!
  • Options
    Update: We have 13 entries total so far from male and female YN's ranging in age from 10 through 17 years old.

Selecting winners will be by Senior Member's who have contributed to the Prize Pot posted within the thread, not an open POLL which might become somewhat biased? image

If your YN has become a New Member do to this contest, your vote might be biased also and as a Parent your not elligible to vote. image

All Essays will be posted at 9:01 PM tonight, it could take a week to figure out who will take the Big Prize Pot as all of the entries are great!

Again many thanks to all the Members Generous Donations that made this Giveaway Contest GROW well beyond anyones expectations!

Good Luck to all the YN's as they really worked hard!!! image
  • Options
    Yes, good luck to all who have entered.image

And a special 'good luck' to thezoocrew, who will be very busy mailing prizes after this ones over!image

Great thing you did here Broadstruck, and thanks to all who have donated prizes.image
  • Options
    Also Cinman14 wanted to know if all the entrants reside in the USA as the Safe must weigh close to 50 pounds and he's not looking forward to what the shipping fees might be to ship to Asia! image
  • Options

<< <i>Also Cinman14 wanted to know if all the entrants reside in the USA as the Safe must weigh close to 50 pounds and he's not looking forward to what the shipping fees might be to ship to Asia! image >>

At that point it would probably be cheaper just to send money and have the person buy the safe for themselves.
  • Options
    Now ESSAY #14 just appeared! image
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    TrainNut sent one.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options

<< <i>TrainNut sent one. >>

Got it #15! image
  • Options
    Less than 3 hours remaining!
  • Options

<< <i>Less than 3 hours remaining! >>

I'm taking a nap now... will set the alarm! image
  • Options
    Did you get my essay?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file