Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Thanks to John Nanney's Discovery, 2008 ASE's with 2007 reverse going through the roof

Comments

• Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>On the subject of Unc ASE, I have 2 unopended 08s I was going to send in. Will the TPG automatically indicate the variety attribution of teh 07 reverse?? >>

Most TPGs will charge extra for any variety designation.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    This is just nuts auction # 380018869457.........

and it's only a 69 !

Dan
    Fishing is not a matter of life and death.......It's much more important than that........
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the link dan383. This is crazy. None of mine have the 07 reverse, shat!

$500 ASE
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>On the subject of Unc ASE, I have 2 unopended 08s I was going to send in. Will the TPG automatically indicate the variety attribution of teh 07 reverse?? >>

Most TPGs will charge extra for any variety designation. >>

I believe that NGC is not charging any more.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NGC MS69 at $521.77.

Looks like coin collecting is still going strong.
  • Options
    How were these released?

Rolls?
    Peace and Prosper.............
  • Options
    Checked all mine this weekend, none of them have the 07 reverse.image
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>How were these released?

Rolls? >>

No these are the ones sold by the mint with the W mint Mark, comes in a box w/COA...
  • Options
    I was offered a few NGC69s at $125 ngc 70s at $275. Would you pass or play?

Play.

I got the same offer and I'm buying some PCGS FSs
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>How were these released?

Rolls? >>

No these are the ones sold by the mint with the W mint Mark, comes in a box w/COA... >>

Cool and Thanks...................you think its worth a shot to buy a few from the mint still?
    Peace and Prosper.............
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gainsville continues to sell these at $150.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    I think it was a one time Operator Error and they have a couple thousand out, at the very most.
  • Options
    There is a reverse of 2007? Cool! Wish I had bought more than my usual 1 now. If Gainesville is selling them for $150 everyone should be buying them and flipping them on eBay ASAP. Even a cold auction should yield you 100% profit easily.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Gainsville continues to sell these at $150.

Miles >>

Do you have a link, please?
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Thank you.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Though I collect these, I think I'll wait to see what happens with these.
  • Options

<< <i>Though I collect these, I think I'll wait to see what happens with these. >>

It's happening right now.
  • Options
    jmcu12jmcu12 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭
    Any word on if this is also seen on the Proof versions?
    Awarded latest "YOU SUCK!": June 11, 2014
  • Options
    I think Coinkid reported it on the proofs as well but I can't find the link...
  • Options
    ca0100000ca0100000 Posts: 362 ✭✭

<< <i>I think Coinkid reported it on the proofs as well but I can't find the link... >>

Think Coinkid was asking, not reporting
    http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=652475

Looks like Kaelasdad found some Non-Burnished http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=652849&highlight_key=y&keyword1=2008
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭

<< <i>Any word on if this is also seen on the Proof versions? >>

I do not know about the Proofs, However there are some unc. WITHOUT the " W " with the 2007 reverse.
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>We shall see. The only way to win is to buy EVERY piece of $&!% that the Mint sells and hope for another rebate from the gov to cover the losses. >>

Why try to "win"? Why not just collect what you like? Or, is it all about flipping for a profit?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I think Coinkid reported it on the proofs as well but I can't find the link... >>

Looks like Kaelasdad found some Non-Burnished http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=652849&highlight_key=y&keyword1=2008 >>

Looks to me like whether he was asking or not, that his pics show the reverses of (2) 2008 proof ASE's, one with a 2007 reverse, he also said sorry for the crappy pics I just guessed he had them in hand and if so I consider this a first report...
  • Options
    Why not just collect what you like? Or, is it all about flipping for a profit?

Why is this mutually exclusive?

One can do BOTH
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Looks like Kaelasdad found some Non-Burnished http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=652849&highlight_key=y&keyword1=2008 >>

Looks to me like whether he was asking or not, that his pics show the reverses of (2) 2008 proof ASE's, one with a 2007 reverse, he also said sorry for the crappy pics I just guessed he had them in hand and if so I consider this a first report...
    image >>

There are a lot more Bullions coins made, my opinion is that the Proof would be the best one to get, the "W" would be second and the bullion third. Just based on the simple fact of Mintage. They strike more coins per die for the bullion then they do for the "W" or the Proof.

• Options

<< <i>

I do not know about the Proofs, However there are some unc. WITHOUT the " W " with the 2007 reverse. >>

Where has this been reported?
    Has it been confirmed?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I do not know about the Proofs, However there are some unc. WITHOUT the " W " with the 2007 reverse. >>

Has it been confirmed? >>

Look up, click link..
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭
    Gainsville has to be loving life.

Figure total cost per coin, including grading and selling is about $50. Leaving $100 profit. It looks like they have a lot, so even 100 coins will net $10,000 !! 1000 coins $100,000.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Has it been confirmed? >>

Look up, click link.. >>

Ah, missed that. Thanks.
    TD
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I opened my sealed box of 50 2008-W ASE burnished.

This is what I found:

46- 2007 reverse.
    5- 2008 reverse.

Yes that equals 51.....the US mint shipped one extra.

• Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    I may have to rescind my statement doubting Mint planning on this because it is too easy to have prevented it. A new font change? Come on. Who authorized it? I'm sure it will be tied to President Bush and the Iraq peace effort. BS on the Mint as if that is new!

• Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the US mint gave the 2008 ASE a little touch up. Heck the "U" needed a thingy.image
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

Miles >>

thanks Miles...i picked up one because i can't do without..
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    This is what I found:

46- 2007 reverse.
    5- 2008 reverse

SCORE ! ! ! image
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options

<< <i>

Miles >>

thanks Miles...i picked up one because i can't do without.. >>

I hear you!
  • Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

There are a lot more Bullions coins made, my opinion is that the Proof would be the best one to get, the "W" would be second and the bullion third. Just based on the simple fact of Mintage. They strike more coins per die for the bullion then they do for the "W" or the Proof. >>

It was a question, not a statement. I have yet to recieve the coin, and I ahev a feeling it will be a normal reverse.

-Paul
  • Options
    Looks like I need to go to the bank tomorrow and have some fun looking through all my 2008 ASE rolls. It looks like I picked a good year to stock up on green monster rolls.
  • Options
    2008 AE SILVER UNC MM 1 OZ 1 $25.95 $25.95 1 unit shipped on 03/27/2008 ....still unopened...anytakers??
  • Options
    I just purchased (2) from Gainesville coins. $150.00 ea, 1/2 price from the 'Bay
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I opened my sealed box of 50 2008-W ASE burnished.

This is what I found:

46- 2007 reverse.
    5- 2008 reverse.

Yes that equals 51.....the US mint shipped one extra. >>

Some on these boards are saying that you could only get melt minus a bit for your bullion rounds. I would be happy to offer you melt plus $10 for any of your unwanted 2008 reverse of 07 bullion rounds that you will sadly only get melt for later on according to some on these boards.image
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I opened my sealed box of 50 2008-W ASE burnished.

This is what I found:

46- 2007 reverse.
    5- 2008 reverse.

Yes that equals 51.....the US mint shipped one extra. >>

Some on these boards are saying that you could only get melt minus a bit for your bullion rounds. I would be happy to offer you melt plus $10 for any of your unwanted 2008 reverse of 07 bullion rounds that you will sadly only get melt for later on according to some on these boards.image >>

That's funny shimaget

Try buying a 1995-W

Have a good one!!
  • Options
    ibzman350ibzman350 Posts: 5,315
    My normal order of 2 arrived today...............one with a thingy on the U and one without.

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I bought 2 NGC Early Release MS69 2008-W, rev. of 07 coins yesterday for $69 ea.
    Gary
  • Options
    SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797
    The mint now has these on B/O...
  • Options
    Looks like Gainesville has pulled the NGC MS69's @ $150 off their site. So either they are sold out or are changing the price.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ordered 25, on back order.

Guess I'll get someone else's return, already searched for the 07 reverse.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

The Mint keeps sucking me in.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    Gee.......I was glad to be able to get a MS 70 from Modern Coin Mart for $199 early this past saturday. I'm sure glad I did. They sold out quick.

Adam
  • Options
    Got 10 Ordered and in Process with the Cancel Button gone, dated from April 20th.
    We'll see......

Miles

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file