Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Chuck Knoblauch and Emmitt Smith Do America

Comments

• Options
    Seems to be holding up damn well . . .

I guess compared to a slab , it has a lot of give , I have never been inside the post office to see, but I remember a few threads about slabs being damaged by some kind of rollers they use to move the mail around ?

I guess when going through these rollers the Slabs just crack , whereas Chucky is allowed to bend and move without showing much stress .

Interesting thread . . .
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭

ha-ya got that right
  • Options
    chucky arrived in KC today. no damage. i'll scan him later and get some pics sometime Mon-Wed.
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear he made it safe and sound.

prscott933, if the DEA come knocking on your door, deny knowing anything and you're all good.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Will update the map tomorrow. Sorry loyal Chucky followers...
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    glad to see Chuck is still safe.

• Options
    i just took a closer look at chuck in better lighting. the top two corners are looking real bad. hopefully it'll show up in the scan.
    White Whales:
  • Options

<< <i>i just took a closer look at chuck in better lighting. the top two corners are looking real bad. hopefully it'll show up in the scan. >>

Just as a side note: After I scanned Chuck, he went into the envelope and was mailed the next day. While I didn't look very closely at the card, I didn't notice corner wear.

Not saying it wasn't there, just didn't notice anything. So, any obvious damage must have occured while in transit.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    White Whales:
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Whoever gets it next, loosen the tape.....it's tighter than a twelve year-old
  • Options

<< <i>Whoever gets it next, loosen the tape.....it's tighter than a twelve year-old >>

....and?? image
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we should just stop sealing the toploader with the tape?
  • Options

<< <i>Maybe we should just stop sealing the toploader with the tape? >>

You can't change the whole thing half way through it! What kind of scientist are you Lawnmowerman?!

Oh well, just make sure that Chuck still has a head and can see when he gets to me.
  • Options

<< <i>

You can't change the whole thing half way through it! What kind of scientist are you Lawnmowerman?!

Oh well, just make sure that Chuck still has a head and can see when he gets to me. >>

Dammit Jim, I'm a landscaper not a scientist!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Oh well, just make sure that Chuck still has a head and can see when he gets to me. >>

Dammit Jim, I'm a landscaper not a scientist! >>

Aren't they the same thing? image
  • Options
    Map is updated. Sorry for the delay Knobby's faithful followers.

Knobby World Tour '08
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

• Options
    due to more bad weather and chuck being a wussy his photo shoot got cut short and he did not make it to the Negro League Baseball Museum or Kauffman Stadium as planned. However, he did have some exciting times image

Chuck started off by checking out my spectrometer
    imageimage

Then he made a stop on my new grill that is getting too little use due to this dang weather and my old grill
    imageimage

Chuck and I then admired our next batch of beer. Yummy! Irish Stout!

Chuck stopped by my Broncos bear and then decided to brag about how he hit a game winning homerun at the 1985 NLCS. I quickly corrected him!!!! LIAR!!
    imageimage

Chuck finished off his day by chatting with Albert (not the Pujols type)

White Whales:
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Hang on, wasn't Chuck supposed to go to Bryon next?
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    What exactly is this contraption? Is it your time machine or something you use to make beer?

Either way, Chuck seems to like it. Maybe you can take him back in time to teach him exactly how to hit the first baseman with the ball instead of throwing it to the fans behind the first base foul line. ( Sorry Chuck image)

• Options

<< <i>Hang on, wasn't Chuck supposed to go to Bryon next? >>

Originally yes, but at his request I bumped him down the line.

Also, the card will be going to Gumbyfan next. We changed it due to a really cool "surprise" he may be able to do with the card image
  • Options
    Nice chalkboard!

What are you up to with EM and particles at relativistic energies?

<< <i>image >>

After all this excitement, Chuck may not be very interested in what I have planned...

Doug
  • Options

<< <i>Nice chalkboard!

What are you up to with EM and particles at relativistic energies?

After all this excitement, Chuck may not be very interested in what I have planned...

Doug >>

i was measuring the radius of particle travel of some relativistic particles that i was flowing through a magnetic field. i wrote those up there so i could visualize the correlations between r, mass, B and q

i love my chalkboard image i hate white boards...
    White Whales:
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    >>

i was measuring the radius of particle travel of some relativistic particles that i was flowing through a magnetic field. i wrote those up there so i could visualize the correlations between r, mass, B and q >>

I though it was the equation on how to determine a PSA 8 to a PSA 8.5
  • Options
    For the numbers geeks: Chuck has travelled 6309 miles (not including him dumpster diving and strip club incidents, or the indiscretions suffered at the expense of the furry creatures he met) in what, 26 days...Lots of road time for Good ole' Chuck

• Options

<< <i> >>

i was measuring the radius of particle travel of some relativistic particles that i was flowing through a magnetic field. i wrote those up there so i could visualize the correlations between r, mass, B and q >>

I though it was the equation on how to determine a PSA 8 to a PSA 8.5 >>

Nice.

I think the equation for determining PSA 8 vs PSA 8.5 is best captured with a magic 8 ball.

Doug
  • Options
    Hey Matt,

Is there any way I can get Knobby on 10/4? I'll take him to my wedding so he can participate in the festivities and we'll get some good photos!

• Options

<< <i>Hey Matt,

Is there any way I can get Knobby on 10/4? I'll take him to my wedding so he can participate in the festivities and we'll get some good photos! >>

October 4th? That's a long way off.

I don't see a problem with that as long as there are no pictures of you, Chuck and your wife on the first night of your honeymoon....sicko image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Hey Matt,

Is there any way I can get Knobby on 10/4? I'll take him to my wedding so he can participate in the festivities and we'll get some good photos! >>

I don't see a problem with that as long as there are no pictures of you, Chuck and your wife on the first night of your honeymoon....sicko image >>

somewhere in there is a bad joke about sloppy seconds and a crappy second baseman....

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    there is a sloppy second baseman?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Hey Matt,

I don't see a problem with that as long as there are no pictures of you, Chuck and your wife on the first night of your honeymoon....sicko image >>

somewhere in there is a bad joke about sloppy seconds and a crappy second baseman.... >>

Well, Knoblauch couldn't even get to first base, and now he's gonna have to watch someone head for homeimage
    Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Hey Matt,

So the "Knobby does America" scandal with my wife is out of the question? HAHAHA

Naa, I just figured it would be cool to get a photo of Chuck cutting up the dancefloor and stuff, lol.
  • Options
    My guess, if you try to take pictures of Chuck on the dancefloor at the reception, he can stick around and get some pictures with you signing the divorce papers as well. image
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options
    Actually no, my fiancee is all about it after she saw this thread. She thinks it's hysterical.

• Options

<< <i>Actually no, my fiancee is all about it after she saw this thread. She thinks it's hysterical. >>

Then I'm acutally worried about you for many different reasons. In order for a marriage to work, she is not suppose to like anything you do. Too much togetherness is a very bad thing. image
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options

<< <i>Chuck and I then admired our next batch of beer. Yummy! Irish Stout!
    image >>

You know, I have a picture of Chuck.. Um.. Experimenting, yeah, experimenting with, uh.. Stuff too but if I post it, a bamming would be inevitable.

• Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    when it goe sto me simply put

"The Republican in Massaschusetts" and it will get here (gulp) safe
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Actually no, my fiancee is all about it after she saw this thread. She thinks it's hysterical. >>

Then I'm acutally worried about you for many different reasons. In order for a marriage to work, she is not suppose to like anything you do. Too much togetherness is a very bad thing. image >>

HAHAHA... dont get me wrong... she HATES when I spend money, but she digs the boards. Actually, she's a lurker herself :-)

She especially likes Neil because he's always saying "Good Day" and that's what she always says, lol.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Chuck and I then admired our next batch of beer. Yummy! Irish Stout![/IMG] >>

You know, I have a picture of Chuck.. Um.. Experimenting, yeah, experimenting with, uh.. Stuff too but if I post it, a bamming would be inevitable.

image >>

and you didn't put any of that in the envelope?! image

ps. i bottled that up on monday night. 45 bottles and it measured 7.4% image
    White Whales:
  • Options
    Allan, just be sure to remind me a month or so in advance of your wedding.
  • Options

<< <i>Allan, just be sure to remind me a month or so in advance of your wedding. >>

Will do man, thanks!
  • Options

<< <i>and you didn't put any of that in the envelope?! image >>

Because it becomes a Federal offence once it crosses state lines.

• Options
    did chuck ever make it to his next destination?
    White Whales:
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Chuck is missing again I think.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159
    Chuck is here, but someone wants to speak to him before I send him off to his next spot. I will be trying again tomorrow (and the next day...and so on) until I can convince Chuck to go to the meeting. I just hope the other party is agreeable to the photo once I talk to him. image
  • Options
    WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH CHUCKY?!?!?!

• Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    FREE CHUCKY
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Dont be a slacker! Who's got him and who receiving him? Chucky wants a new daddy!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159
    Chucky is still in Milwaukee. He went on a brewery tour at Sprecher and hasn't left the beer tent. He is going to try to have his meeting again today and if he can't get in this week, he's going to be back on the road. Chucky may be a bit intoxicated, but he's safe and in good hands.