• Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    calling all Chucks...
  • Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭
    Who's up? And how do I get on the list? I'll take him Caribbean bound image
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure where chuck got off to. I'll track him down and report back.
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    I'm all for showing Chuck around South Korea but don't blame anyone for not wanting to pay his airfare. image
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm all for showing Chuck around South Korea but don't blame anyone for not wanting to pay his airfare. image >>

I wish I would have known someone would be in South Korea when I had Chucky last October.
    We have a sign here at the 38th parallel. Wouldnt it of been cool to see Chucky there in
    Korea and Missouri. Of course, that parallel might be a bit more testy on your side of the
    planetimage

Edit: Of course, if Missouri was Korea, I would live in North Koreaimage
    Who put that line so far south anywaysimageimage
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm not sure where chuck got off to. I'll track him down and report back. >>

I think Chuck is trying to make it to the National again this year. He enjoyed ripping 1983 Topps at the BBCE booth and then ripping every Sandberg card he got his hands on. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm not sure where chuck got off to. I'll track him down and report back. >>

I think Chuck is trying to make it to the National again this year. He enjoyed ripping 1983 Topps at the BBCE booth and then ripping every Sandberg card he got his hands on. image >>

Any idea who has him Mike?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I think Chuck is trying to make it to the National again this year. He enjoyed ripping 1983 Topps at the BBCE booth and then ripping every Sandberg card he got his hands on. image >>

Any idea who has him Mike? >>

After Chuck left me based on our little ripping disagreement, he went to Missouri for a bit and then made his way to the great white north to take in some hockey games. After that, I'm not sure. He could still be sleeping it off with icelander. image

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Chuck is on his way to Wisconsin as of today. If he gets here by Thursday Chuck will make it to the Worlds Largest Music Festival call Summerfest and a meeting with The Zac Brown Band. There are a lot of things in store for Chuck so I hope to not disappoint.

• Options

<< <i>Chuck is on his way to Wisconsin as of today. If he gets here by Thursday Chuck will make it to the Worlds Largest Music Festival call Summerfest and a meeting with The Zac Brown Band. There are a lot of things in store for Chuck so I hope to not disappoint. >>

Awesome!
  • Options
    Chuck arrived in Wisconsin today. He had a 35 day trip through the Canadian postal system. I will be updating the Cardboard Talk Thread for all to see.

Link to Chuck on CBT
  • Options

<< <i>Chuck arrived in Wisconsin today. He had a 35 day trip through the Canadian postal system. I will be updating the Cardboard Talk Thread for all to see.

Link to Chuck on CBT >>

Glad he finally got there!
  • Options
    Just received Chuckie in today's mail from Troy. Chuck will be taking a trip to California next Wednesday and from there Las Vegas. I'll be sure to take lots of picsimage
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool Matt!

I don't think I remember Chuck going to the Alamo?

Let me know.
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Cool Matt!

I don't think I remember Chuck going to the Alamo?

Let me know. >>

Okay Mike. He will be on his way to you once I'm done with him.

I'm leaving next Wednesday and will return the following Tuesday. I'll pm you when I get back.
  • Options
    After a nice long week or so in Wisconsin Chuck got to go camping, visist Wisconsin State

Fair, see a Hip Hop concert and lastly sit down with the greatest WR in NFL history.

As I was pulling into our campground I could not help but see something was wrong with Yogi.

Well by George it is Chuck waiting to see me. What a nice guy.

While at the camp site Chuck had an opportunity to meet with not one, but TWO Super Bowl

Champions. On the left is Craig Newsome who picked off a pass in every playoff game on the

way to winning the Super Bowl against the Patriots. Also with Craig and one of my all time

favorite players is "The Grave Digger" Gilbert Brown.

You can see Newsome looking at the card asking WTH is that here for. I explained the card

to the guys and they loved the story and posed for a pic.

After camping Chuck was entertained at the Wisconsin State Fair. He saw loads of animals,

very large Wisconsin people and even a long lost friend of his with the same name.

BUT, the best was yet to come for Chuck. He got to see his favorite Hip Hop artist.

Yes, that is right. We went to Vanilla Ice. And take a look at those seats. The show was

actually very good.

After a long day at State Fair Chuck wanted to get back to his baseball roots. So we made a

pilgrimage to Miller Park. Home of the 1st Place Milwaukee Brewers.

First thing Chuck got to see were two statues of Milwaukee HOF players. Hank Aaron and

Robin Yount.

On our way around the stadium Chuck noticed a memeber of his 2nd Base Frat.

Inside of Miller Park a personal collection of autographed baseballs are on display. There

are some sweet sigs here. I am guessing everyone should get these right but I will post the

names at the bottom.

In Order, Vince Lombardi, Mel Ott, Joe D, Mantle, Red Grange, and two of the Bambino

After Visiting Miller Park I told Chuck that the Packers played at County Stadium decades

ago and he asked if he could sit down and talk to some of my favorite player.

Chuck got a visit from the best knick name if all of Pro Football Johnny "Blood" McNally. Very tough auto to get, even though it is not true pen auto Chuck thought it was pretty cool.

After meeting with Blood Chuck was dumbfounded when the Best WR off All-Time stopped on by.

Lastly, as most of you know I was born and raised in Green Bay. I have kept most of the tickets of the games I have attended. And when I did not go to the game with my Dad he sent me his tickets. If you look in the middle all of my Playoff Tickets or other important games are in there. One in particular to see is the one of the Bengals. That was Favre's First Packer game that he played in and won. I don't remember the game but I know I was there.

Thanks to Chuck for Visiting Wisconsin. He is now on his way to Las Vegas with Lawnmowerman Matt.

• Options
    Awesome job Troy. Glad Chuck enjoyed himself. It doesn't look like you let him drink which is good as he is a wild man when he drinks. He especially likes vodka, I think from his travels to Russia. At last year's National, he was ripping every pack in sight at the BBCE booth, luckily it was just junk wax.

I just hope Matt doesn't give in to his constant demands to go out drinking. At least he has protection. image

Collecting:
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that the original Knoblauch card? His upper right corner seems to have heeled itself...not that there's anything wrong with that!
  • Options
    Hey! When's Chuck going to come visit me in Indy?! image
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It doesn't look like you let him drink which is good as he is a wild man when he drinks. He especially likes vodka, I think from his travels to Russia. >>

I hope somebody took a wet wipe to the top loader after what happened in Russia.

• Options

<< <i>Is that the original Knoblauch card? His upper right corner seems to have heeled itself...not that there's anything wrong with that! >>

I was wondering the same thing. I remember Chuck being pretty beat. I have a pic from when he was only on the road for about 6 months. Going by the centering it seems it is the original.

edit: After seeing the pic on the previous page, I appears it's not the same card.

• Options
    Awesome job Troy. The pic with the players is priceless!
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    I foresee throw up in the near future with chuckie.
  • Options
    Dang, you guys are good. Unfortunately Chuck went down in fiery blaze while camping. After meeting the Super Champs I took Chuck to the camp fire for some nice bourbon. As I propped Chuck up on my glass he fell into the flames. By the time I could get him out he was unrecognizable. I ended up buying on on Ebay and smacking it around a bit but I did not do a good enough job for the PSA sleuths.

I am truly sorry for jacking this up by destroying the original card but we have it in Matt's hands now. I guess this is the born again Chuck.
  • Options

<< <i> I guess this is the born again Chuck. >>

So does this mean I can't take him Vegas now?
  • Options
    Aw man, it won't be the same. The original chuck had character due to all the handling and adventure. I myself was beginning to like all the wear that was appearing on the card. Up to you Matt. Regardless, I'm gonna stab it in the neck in my drunken rage. Dan will then soil on it and we can bury him in the Vegas desert.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm gonna stab it in the neck in my drunken rage. Dan will then soil on it and we can bury him in the Vegas desert. >>

Sounds like a plan Bryan haha!
  • Options
    Now that I think about it; it would of been pretty funny to have original burnt chuck in Vegas. He's dying, so we take him to nudie bars, get him wasted and then bury him. It all started with Matt and ends with Matt. Oh what could have been.
  • Options
    Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! image
  • Options

<< <i>Now that I think about it; it would of been pretty funny to have original burnt chuck in Vegas. He's dying, so we take him to nudie bars, get him wasted and then bury him. It all started with Matt and ends with Matt. Oh what could have been. >>

I think Troy smoked him. Nothing left.
  • Options
    I say we start a new dude.
  • Options
    Text RIPCHUCKY to make a $10 donation to the Yips Foundation in Knoblauch's name.

• Options
    Thanx Troy!

Chuck has logged more frequent flyer miles than Hilary Clinton!
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>I say we start a new dude. >>

I like that idea. I'll dig something up and also bring chuckie.
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    RIP Chuckyimage

Dang it, now I wish I would of got off my lazy butt sooner with his very unimpressive North
    Missouri picsimage

Here is 1 he was in although you cant really tell, he is sittin on the right fencepost of the sign

I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    I feel terrible about this but don't want it to end. I do think it is fitting though that Matt gets to start it all over again.
  • Options
    I never posted these here after last year's National and figured I would post them in memory of Chucky.

Before heading out to the National in Chicago which would end up being the only one he'd make, I gave Chuck a little something to calm his nerves before the plane trip.

Now that he was feeling better, we took a limo to JFK and hung out for our flight.

He insisted on checking out the plane before getting onboard. He didn't want to take one of those cheap planes.

Collecting:
  • Options
    After talking with Chuck on the plane while watching SportsCenter, I found out he enjoy checking out virgin unopened as much as I do. So we made a beeline right to the BBCE booth once we arrived at the National on Thursday morning. Once we got there, he made fast friends with Steve and insisted that he have his picture taken with him.

Well, unfortunately I was duped by old Chucky and he did a little ripping while I was distracted by all the unopened packs and boxes lying around.

Collecting:
  • Options
    On the Friday of the National, Chuck and I went off to the PSA luncheon as he heard about the free food. While we were waiting to get in as Chucky was getting real hungry, I snapped this picture of him. Btw, Chucky can sure pack it in.

Lo and behold, we bumped into Mr. Joe Orlando himself. Chucky complained to him about his current holder so Joe explained about the new and improved PSA holder. Chucky declined to be part of the test group for that after he learned he wouldn't be able to hop out whenever he wanted. In retrospect, this was a fatal decision. image

Well, I must say that Chuck was on his best behavior after the ripping incident and we enjoyed walking the floor of the National together. I am glad that old Chucky enjoyed himself and we had some nice after hours activities for which there were no pictures. He lived life to the fullest and didn't do anything halfway.

RIP Chuck. image

Collecting:
  • Options
    The "Joe" shot?

Priceless.

Joe - tuck in your shirt!
    Mike
  • Options
    Hi everyone.

This is going to be a new chapter in the travels of one of the icons in Matt's stable of athletes.

Emmitt Smith recently arrived at my house and will be doing a bit of traveling around San Antonio.

Emmitt was watching what arguably may be the best catch in Football this weekend!

My wife decided she wanted to watch FB this year and picked Dallas as her team - since we live in Texas - that makes sense. It's been fun and last week's game was super!

Stay tuned! image
    Mike
  • Options
    Nice Mike!

Emmitt has officially taken Chuck's place on the America tour. Since the original Chuck literally went up in flames in a Wisconsin campfire, it just didn't feel right using a "replacement" Chuck.
    It makes sense that Emmitt's first stop was in Texas.

Whoever wants Emmitt next, please send me a pm.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    That sucks about Chuck.
  • Options
    Where is Emmitt at? If we can work it out, I'd like to take Emmitt to the National at the end of July. I know I may lose it thinking of the good times Chuck and I shared in Chicago, but I know Emmitt will help me with the healing process.

Collecting:
  • Options
    I'll have him pay you a visit Mike
  • Options

<< <i>I'll have him pay you a visit Mike >>

Thanks Matt!! I hope Emmitt enjoys steak as I see a visit to Gibson's in our future. image

Collecting:
  • Options
    Hiya Matt and Mike

I have to apologize - I havent' gone anywhere interesting.

This summer - starting right after the 4th of July weekend - we're taking a big trip and Emmitt is looking forward to the traveling.

So, if anyone wants Emmitt beforehand? Please PM me and I'll send it out.

Our plan - and it's a great one.

A lot of what I'm doing is for Mary - so first up - Dollywood - then to Lancaster, PA (Amish mafia country) - then to Portland, ME - then to the HOF - then to Niagara Falls (Emmitt wants to go over the falls in a barrel!) - then to Chicago - the National - and then home where Emmitt will need a much needed nap and then off to the next traveller.

So let me know.
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Hiya Matt and Mike

I have to apologize - I havent' gone anywhere interesting.

This summer - starting right after the 4th of July weekend - we're taking a big trip and Emmitt is looking forward to the traveling.

So, if anyone wants Emmitt beforehand? Please PM me and I'll send it out.

Our plan - and it's a great one.

A lot of what I'm doing is for Mary - so first up - Dollywood - then to Lancaster, PA (Amish mafia country) - then to Portland, ME - then to the HOF - then to Niagara Falls (Emmitt wants to go over the falls in a barrel!) - then to Chicago - the National - and then home where Emmitt will need a much needed nap and then off to the next traveller.

So let me know. >>

Hi Mike! I'll pm you the address of the next guy in line.