Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Chuck Knoblauch and Emmitt Smith Do America

Comments

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    In case anyone just plain forgot Matt's idea for the thread.

from Page 1 Post 1

"I want to see how long it takes for a card to show damage traveling "dumb ebay seller style". "

I rest my case
  • Options
    baseballjeffbaseballjeff Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭
    Chuck has made his way to Alaska!!!

Tonight, I've got him going to an Alaskan Wild football game, and I figured I'd show him some of the finer sights of Anchorage. The Great Alaskan Bush Company, the Ocean, and the football game tonight! I'll get the pictures up shortly! Where's he going next?

Jeff
  • Options
    unishipuniship Posts: 490 ✭✭
    wouldnt this be even more interesting if the card were sent without the top loader - old school style?
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Wow Alaska! Matt are we going to hit all 50 states? That would be great!
  • Options
    UphillUphill Posts: 360 ✭✭
    The Great Alaskan Bush Company

Pictures!!!!
    Jamie

Looking for Charlie (Charley) Maxwell cards.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow Alaska! Matt are we going to hit all 50 states? That would be great! >>

Given the time frame thus far, most of us will be dead by the time he made it to all the destinations.
  • Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    Pictures will be uploaded today, sorry for the delay. Chuck and I were involved in a car accident on the way to work Monday. I had other pressing issues than trying to get pictures uploaded. I was doing ok to get it mailed. Hope everyone understands.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    Chuck sitting on the dash in anticipation of the Sunday afternoon game....

The Celebration after Michael Young's walk off blast. Chuck would have been in the picture but he was polishing off my beers...

Chuck wanted to go out after the game and take some grounders at his old position (I had to hold his hand). Unfortuantely he still threw the ball in the stands....

Chuck was looking for an old friend out in the bullpen. No Chuck Kurt Rodamsky isn't the clubhouse attendant here....

Chuck wanted to go say high to old pal Nolan Ryan. Chuck was 3 for 18 (all singles) with 4 Ks lifetime against Ryan.

Chuck got up close and personal. I wonder how Chuck did against Nolan's kiddo in college they were SWC rivals (Chuck went to a&m and Reid Ryan was at UT and tcu). Whats that in Nolan's Glove....

Closer look....

Right Field Foul Poul, area known as the "wedgie"

Closer look.....

This was the point I got yelled and left the ballpark. Don't worry more pictures coming....TONIGHT!!!

Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options
    Leaving the stadium I snapped these photos of "Mecca." Probably won't go to a game there until Texas Tech plays a game there.

Since Chuck was back in his home state, he wanted to see Texas Stadium one last time...

I had to give Chuck a boost to get on top of the stadium...

The famous star in front of the stadium...

What's the spec in the middle????

Its Chuck of course....

One Last one on the way home.....
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159

<< <i>The famous star in front of the stadium...

Its Chuck of course.... >>

Hopefully George Teague didn't come knock his block off. image

Nice pics and thanks for sharing. Looks like Chuck had a good time while he was there.
  • Options
    To everyone that had an issue with me keeping it so long, sorry I realize the turn around should be about a week. I did have clearance from the OP to keep it through my deadline and it was out the following Tuesday.

To those that took a bit more sarcastic attitude: I want your life. Because obviously you have nothing important going on, work, kids, deadlines, car wrecks, general day to day life BS that we all have to deal with that you have time to drive around a 2 cent 1992 piece of cardboard with a picture of a dude in tight pants where ever you live and take pictures.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The famous star in front of the stadium...

Its Chuck of course.... >>

Hopefully George Teague didn't come knock his block off. image

Nice pics and thanks for sharing. Looks like Chuck had a good time while he was there. >>

Good point..I should have looked around before I did that. That might be one of my favorite Cowboy memories seeing TO get blasted by Teague.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options

<< <i>That might be one of my favorite Cowboy memories seeing TO get blasted by Teague. >>

Especially now, I'd imagine. image
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>.........Because obviously you have nothing important going on, work, kids, deadlines, car wrecks, general day to day life BS that we all have to deal with that you have time to drive around a 2 cent 1992 piece of cardboard with a picture of a dude in tight pants where ever you live and take pictures. >>

If that's the low opinion you have of this venture, then why did you ask to be included? Many of the other "hosts" have looked at being included in this almost as an honor, not as a waste of their time.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>.........Because obviously you have nothing important going on, work, kids, deadlines, car wrecks, general day to day life BS that we all have to deal with that you have time to drive around a 2 cent 1992 piece of cardboard with a picture of a dude in tight pants where ever you live and take pictures. >>

If that's the low opinion you have of this venture, then why did you ask to be included? Many of the other "hosts" have looked at being included in this almost as an honor, not as a waste of their time. >>

Exactly. Also, I was very busy when I had Chuck too. I had to wait a couple days for things to die down slightly at work, but then I was able to get an afternoon off and take him out.

Edited to add: Nice pics, though. I'm glad Chuck got to see some more sights. Chuck has had some very long stops on this trip, so really any complaining at this point about wasting time is ridiculous. I do wish, though, that Chuck would spend no more than a week at each stop, and then a week in the mail.

Doug
  • Options
    The project was to scan Chuck and show the damage. Some people went above and beyond to add some other pictures, but it was not required. If people are busy then scan him and roll him on his way. Some people are acting like Chuck is the kid from a divorce and want to send him home with lots of pictures to rub in the other parents face. I am seriously waiting to see who is the first to keep Chuck for a month and then post pictures of him at space camp.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>To everyone that had an issue with me keeping it so long, sorry I realize the turn around should be about a week. I did have clearance from the OP to keep it through my deadline and it was out the following Tuesday.

To those that took a bit more sarcastic attitude: I want your life. Because obviously you have nothing important going on, work, kids, deadlines, car wrecks, general day to day life BS that we all have to deal with that you have time to drive around a 2 cent 1992 piece of cardboard with a picture of a dude in tight pants where ever you live and take pictures. >>

drama queen
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Cool pictures of Chuck in Texas. Let's get the ball rolling again and keep Chuck moving across the country.
  • Options

<< <i>drama queen >>

hatter
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The project was to scan Chuck and show the damage. Some people went above and beyond to add some other pictures, but it was not required. If people are busy then scan him and roll him on his way. Some people are acting like Chuck is the kid from a divorce and want to send him home with lots of pictures to rub in the other parents face. I am seriously waiting to see who is the first to keep Chuck for a month and then post pictures of him at space camp. >>

I do live in Houston...
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    Is it ok if I hold on to Chuck for a little more than a week? I am flying down to Kodiak Island this Friday for work, and was hoping to get him to sneak inside my carry on? I promise I'll get some sweet pictures if it's not a problem!

Jeff
  • Options
    Alright everyone, this weekend I am taking Chuck to Denali National Park. I figured he deserves a trip to this highest point in North America before he leaves the great land of Alaska. Where do I need to mail Chuck when I am done?

Thanks everyone, I think I've showed Chuck a good time. It's kinda funny, I've been bringing my camera with me everywhere to get Chuck to meet a Moose, and I never see them when I am looking for them. And the few times I leave the camera, I ALWAYS see a Moose in the city. Argh!

Jeff
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Jeff, I pm'd you the address for the next guy in line.
  • Options
    DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213
    Any pictures from Chuck's most recent month long visit?
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭✭
    turn out the lights, the party is over.....

DOA thread
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

<< <i>Any pictures from Chuck's most recent month long visit? >>

They'll be coming shortly, I promise!

How do you post pictures on the forum? I know how to attach the pictures as files, but I'd rather see them up and big on the forum.

Jeff
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Any pictures from Chuck's most recent month long visit? >>

They'll be coming shortly, I promise!

How do you post pictures on the forum? I know how to attach the pictures as files, but I'd rather see them up and big on the forum.

Jeff >>

I use photbucket to host the pics. Its free and they give you a link for each picture which is displayable on message boards.
  • Options

<< <i>turn out the lights, the party is over.....

DOA thread >>

Like the real Ironman, Chuck is hanging around way past his prime image
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I'm going to add a little twist.

So this past weekend, I went out to dinner with a couple of friends.

You ask, "What does this have anything to do with Chucky?!?!"

Well, I'll tell you.

We have a friend in common and he, along with his wife, came along.

Seriously!

I went in thinking he was going to be a pompous a-hole but the dude was a really good guy. Very down to earth, laid back, and such. We talked some baseball but it wasn't, like, the focus of our conversations.

So here's where the peanut gallery says, "Pics or it didn't happen!"

I know the skeptics will come out in full force, all things considered. I mean, what are the chances?!?

If I were a betting man, which I haven't been in the past couple of years, I would put the odds at 1,000 to 1.

Hey, that's okay, I completely understand.

Problem was, I didn't want to creep him out. When you're having dinner with a former player, it's not really appropriate to say, "Hey, we have this like 700 post thread detailing one of your cards traveling across America. Would you mind if I took your picture so I can post it, please?"

I mean, really?

Then I thought about taking one incognito with my cell. However, it was dark and couldn't use the flash (that would have defeated the purpose of being incognito, ya know).

So, take it FWIW. You don't have to believe me but regardless, thought I would share.

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Wow, no love for a Chucky sighting?

Not even for my undercover photography skilz?

Or even a pitty +1?

Bah!

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Cool pic.... I think this thread has lost so much steam that people are not expecting a great find like your own.

Chuck's head sure looks smaller after giving up the juice.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow, no love for a Chucky sighting?

Not even for my undercover photography skilz?

Or even a pitty +1?

Bah!

image >>

I thought the pics were funny as hell. Especailly how you stealthy took them image
  • Options
    onebamafanonebamafan Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    I thought that was Don Henley, where's Walsh and Glenn Frey?
  • Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    That photo is worth a +2!

Was his wife hot? image

Personally, I think you just took this thread to a whole new level!
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options
    Print that picture out and mail it to me. I will keep it for 39 days and then forward it to the next person.
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    OMG stown, I would have had to mention the thread. He might have got a kick out of it. Wasnt Chucky a random card picked for no reason? Nice story though and hope you had a nice time.
  • Options

<< <i>Cool pic.... I think this thread has lost so much steam that people are not expecting a great find like your own.

Chuck's head sure looks smaller after giving up the juice. >>

You're probably right. I'm guessing most aren't looking for an update of the magnitude image

As for his body shape, he's still pretty thick. I would guess his head is pretty much proportional..

<< <i>Was his wife hot? image >>

She was attractive but not "hot". His first wife, on the other hand, was.

<< <i>OMG stown, I would have had to mention the thread. He might have got a kick out of it. Wasnt Chucky a random card picked for no reason? Nice story though and hope you had a nice time. >>

I seriously considered it while on my 3rd margarita but knowing I'll run into him again, he will think I'm a stalker, for sure.

But yeah, we had a great time. Honestly, he blew my expectations out of the water.
  • Options
    If you start running into him more often then you have to mention this card's journey and THEN get the card signed. Of course the card would have to come out from hiding for it to be signed...
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options

<< <i>If you start running into him more often then you have to mention this card's journey and THEN get the card signed. Of course the card would have to come out from hiding for it to be signed... >>

He wasn't hiding, he had a GREAT time in Alaska.

All I got to do now is figure out how to upload these pic's!

Jeff
  • Options
    Welcoming Chuck to Alaska:

Chuck on the great trails of Anchorage:

On the trials:

Chuck in front of Mrs. Palin's house:

Going to Kodiak

• Options
    In Kodiak:

Sadly Denali was in the clouds when I drove by this scenic view, I assure you though, Chuck did see Denali, I saw the mountain everywhere else in the park!

For the longest time, this was the closest I got to getting Chuck to see a moose image

It's about time!

Beautiful, long hike, if you look close enough you can see a heard of Caribou

Pictures not aloud in there!

• Options
    Beautiful
    Collecting Interests:
    Ripken, Brooks & Frank Robinson, Old Orioles, Sweet Spot Autos, older Redskins - Riggins, Sonny, Baugh etc and anything that catches my eye. image

My ghetto sportscard webpage...All Scans - No Lists!!! Stinky Linky
  • Options
    Mental note: Visit Alaska. Awsome scenery!
    Tonya
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Please take me inside......HUBBA HUBBA!!!!!! I LOVE (hairy) Alaska Chicks!!!!! >>

I'm sure in this day and age , there are others that may be wondering , do you like extra parts as well image ?
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife and I received an Alaskan cruise as an anniversary present several years ago. I have never seen any place as beautiful. If I was Chuck I'd make a break for it and stay right there. Well , maybe go South for the winter.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    Chuck has been out of Alaska for almost 2 weeks now. Did he arrive in New Jersey okay?

Keep us all posted!
    Jeff
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    I have never seen any place as beautiful.

I completely agree. We had our honeymoon on an Alaskan Cruise up the Inner Passage. It was simply amazing. Its been 15 years now. Maybe I should start planning a return trip?

Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭