Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Chuck Knoblauch and Emmitt Smith Do America

Comments

• Options
    Have no worries, like the real Chuck...his mojo comes and goes.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    just like his career, he will fade into nothingness. i'm surprised he made it out of the rubecave.
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i heard my nameimage
    in only had him for 2 days to, got him one day, out the next day, rube quck, 3 -4 weeks is pretty lameimage
    "quoth the rube-pert near it all the time everyday"image
  • Options
    i should have said, made it out of the rubecave alive and in one piece
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    So where is he now?

I think a new policy is in order. He has to be sold on ebay for a BIN to the next person on the list. That way if someone keeps him for too long they get negative feedback.
  • Options
    It does seem like we could do better then a couple photos every 6 weeks.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    he left me along time ago, and i sent him to dj spann, and he sent on to someone else, ask matt, he knows thingsimage
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I had Chuck for a total of 3 hours.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Chuck is heading to Ted in Mass as we type
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I will get him right out as I have 3-4 PLANNED (yes I planned ahead) stops and then he is going back out. I might even send him before I download the pictures. I hope everyone else can help this move along and have fun!
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Did Chuck get lost again?
  • Options

<< <i>WHAT are people doing to CHUCK??? I bet I have him 1-2 days at the MOST...MY GOD >>

Not to pick on you Ted....but this is kind of a funny quote now.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>WHAT are people doing to CHUCK??? I bet I have him 1-2 days at the MOST...MY GOD >>

Not to pick on you Ted....but this is kind of a funny quote now. >>

I got the card today, Postmarked 3/5. I am looking at a PWE and I am SHOCKED someone would actually ship me something in it! Then I did chuckle when Chucky leaped out! Please Pm next name on the list! BTW I saved the envelope if you need proof of the 3/5 PM date image
  • Options
    Chuck has missed the beginning of bikini season down here! image
  • Options

<< <i>Chuck has missed the beginning of bikini season down here! image >>

DAMN YOU ALL!!!
  • Options
    ttt had a great almost 60 degree dayhere, and though recovering from the flu, made 3 stops with Chuck. Please Pm next address and I will get pics up later tonight
  • Options
    Address sent.

Too bad the next guy in line for Chuck will now be getting the flu.

Who wants him next?? LOL
  • Options
    I've got strep, if you want to send him my way.

Promise I won't keep him 3 to 4 weeks again with little or nothing to show!
    There's a hole in my head where the rain comes in.
  • Options
    Chuck thought he'd play a little Second base at the Old Huntington play avenue grounds, where The Red Sox won the first world series ever played.

Then paid a little up close and personal visit to the winner of that game...Mr Cy Young

After that a quick trick to Fenway park to Visit Ted Willaims. He observed Ted Giving a hat to a young boy...

but upon closer inspection it seems that Ted was also giving the boy something else to cherish

Yes , he was giving him a Chucky to take on his journey of manhood

The youngster took the card, and the hat, and went on his way.

Then it was trip over the see the Golder Greek, Harry Agganis.

Though Harry is know for his Quarterback days at BU, he played first base for the Red Sox for 2 years before tragically dying at age 26 of a Pulmonary Embolism. Again, chucky got up close and personal with HArry

After a long day out, Chucky didn't want to go home, I had to Coerce him and he'll be flying out tomorrow!

• Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    After that a quick trick to Fenway park to Visit Ted Willaims. He observed Ted Giving a hat to a young boy...
    image >>

Did the people in the background think you were odd, taping a baseball card to this statue and then taking a picture?
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    ya think! They were all waiting for a picture too. At one point I thought people were gonna steal it, since they were all talking about how I had a Ted Williams card. image
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭✭
    nice job...finally a Chuckie sighting worth looking at!
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    excellent set up
    lets hope this might set this back on a track worth watching
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    Great job Ted! I enjoyed that.
  • Options
    I had a couple more of Cy Young, but they wont upload off my camera image Sending Chuck out once again. BTW did I miss Clayshooter's Chucky pics?
  • Options
  • Options
    Great pics, Ted. I'm glad to see Chuck back on track.

Doug
  • Options
    Nice pics.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    Chuck arrived yesterday. Busy through this week, will post some pics this weekend and have Chuck moving on.

Thanks.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options

<< <i>Chuck arrived yesterday. Busy through this week, will post some pics this weekend and have Chuck moving on.

Thanks. >>

Is Chuck ready to go to his next stop yet?
  • Options
    I can send him, no pics though. This came at the worse time of the year for me, tax season. If it can wait 12 days, I promise gold, Ranger Games, Texas Stadium, (maybe a strip club..lol). I'll leave the decision up to whoever.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options

<< <i>I can send him, no pics though. This came at the worse time of the year for me, tax season. If it can wait 12 days, I promise gold, Ranger Games, Texas Stadium, (maybe a strip club..lol). I'll leave the decision up to whoever. >>

I just realized, the guy next in line, never sent me his address. I'm sure you will have a few more days if you want to do something with Chuck.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Why does everyone pull the same BS with Chuck?
  • Options
    First off I apologize for the delay. Secondly I can't control that it happened to come to me when I am at my busiest point in the year at work. After working 75 hours a week I don't really feel like driving around the metroplex taking pictures of a 1992 Pinnacle Card. I'll have a lot more free time in 11 days. Third, I have offered to mail it and the OP said keep it. At that point the BS will stop Allen and this will become the priority of my life.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options
    Took Chuck to Sunday afternoon's Rangers game. We then made a stop through Irving on the way home to check out Texas Stadium one final time. I dropped him in the mail this morning and will post pics this evening.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options
    Please tell me Chuck got to hang around long enough for the Michael Young walkoff HR.
  • Options

<< <i>Took Chuck to Sunday afternoon's Rangers game. We then made a stop through Irving on the way home to check out Texas Stadium one final time. I dropped him in the mail this morning and will post pics this evening. >>

Can't wait to see the pics!
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159
    Who is Chuck Knoblauch?
  • Options
    Not only that, but Chuck stayed long enough to get yelled at by a rent-a-cop security guard.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    Chuck has only 13 more visits until he stops by my mailbox. Chuck facts: So far he has had 23 stops in 15 months (Started 1/2008).
  • Options
  • Options
    These "dog ate my homework" Chuckie excuses are really dragging this thread down..................
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Well another month vacation at someone's home. Chuck is seeing America very slowly. What was once a great thread has been derailed repeatedly with extended stays and forgetful hosts. Maybe he wont be held hostage so long by the next receiver.....
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159
    Whose project is this? Last time I checked, it was Matt's. We sure seem to have a lot of comments from the peanut gallery about length of stay. If Matt says it's okay for people to hang onto Chuck for a little bit, then everyone else should have a coke & a smile and....well...you know the rest.
  • Options
    DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213

<< <i>Whose project is this? Last time I checked, it was Matt's. We sure seem to have a lot of comments from the peanut gallery about length of stay. If Matt says it's okay for people to hang onto Chuck for a little bit, then everyone else should have a coke & a smile and....well...you know the rest. >>

Hello Peanut.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Whose project is this? Last time I checked, it was Matt's. We sure seem to have a lot of comments from the peanut gallery about length of stay. If Matt says it's okay for people to hang onto Chuck for a little bit, then everyone else should have a coke & a smile and....well...you know the rest. >>

Hello Peanut. >>

We once had a cat named Peanut. We ended up getting another cat to keep her company but Peanut didn't like it. She starting urinating on things throughout the house. First a shirt that was folded up on the girl's floor. Then a towel, the carpet and the final thing she whizzzed on before I gave her the boot was me.

I was asleep in my bed and woke up to her whizzing all over my legs.

We gave her to a friend because he wanted a cat and likes a challenge. In addition, we thought a change of scenery away from the other cat would fix the problem. Last I heard, she was whizzing on the floor, his couch, his bed and on him LOL

I think he should make her an "outside" cat. I'm glad I don't have that cat anymoreimage
  • Options

<< <i>These "dog ate my homework" Chuckie excuses are really dragging this thread down.................. >>

The dog ate my peanut.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>These "dog ate my homework" Chuckie excuses are really dragging this thread down.................. >>

The dog ate my peanut. >>

I guess your dog ate Chuckie and the pictures too.........