Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Chuck Knoblauch and Emmitt Smith Do America

Comments

• Options

<< <i>[
    Maybe you can take him skiing and he can have an accidental falling off a mountain incident?

image >>

Well, Chuck didn't make it skiing, but there was a near accidental falling off a mountain incident...

Here's what Chuck did in Colorado this week.
    First, he browsed the message boards and reminisced about his time in the Rube Cave.
  • Options
    The rest of the night started out calmly enough -- a couple beers for Chuck and me:

But then, we got into the Tequila...

And Chuck started looking for a fight.

I convinced him to tone it down, have another shot and play some Joust:

Then he started thinking about his playing days...

Then more Tequila

Then I convinced him that we should go for a hike on Friday, so we scouted one out that we thought he could handle:

And finished with too much Tequila:
  • Options
    Chuck and I hiked Estes Cone today in Rocky Mountain National Park. I figured he could handle it, but after his bender, he barely made it.

The weather turned out overcast and a bit snowy today, but we took some pictures. Estes Cone usually has some great views, but not today! Here's a view of the Cone from the trailhead:

Here's the Cone from about 2/3 up the trail:

Here are a few pictures from the summit:

There was a little wind -- we measured it and had to put the anemometer on top of him to make sure he didn't have a falling off the mountain accident:

Here's a picture of the GPS on the summit, to help Chuck convince his friends that he made it:

He only fell in the snow once. Luckily, he didn't need snowshoes.

Chuck will be off to the next stop soon!

Doug
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    That was great Dougimage

Thanks for the pics, they are cool!

How cold was it at the summit?
  • Options
    Thanks Matt! It wasn't too cold, actually. I measured 22 degrees, but I'd been holding the thermometer. It was probably close to that, maybe just a few degrees colder. The summit is fairly exposed -- it's right at the edge of treeline, and there's no protection from the wind up there, so the wind made it cold. I was happy to get down in the trees again.

Doug
  • Options

Looks like another fun outing for Chuck. Well done, Doug!

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Chuck is one tough dude. He's not even wearing a jacket at the summit.. Great pics.
  • Options
    Chuck is hard core.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Chuck had an excellent adventure!
    Tonya
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    me and chuck would have had fun playing joust, i need a pinball machineimage
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Well, Chuck made it safe and sound to Orange County, California from Colorado. I'll be showing him around and post some pictures shortly.

/s/ JackWESQ

• Options
    Chucky is starting to look very road weary lol
  • Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    Good God man, give chuck some new threads already. That top loader looks like my mothers old ****** bag, but that's in Ohio.
  • Options

<< <i>Good God man, give chuck some new threads already. That top loader looks like my mothers old ****** bag, but that's in Ohio. >>

Good idea! jack, if you have a new toploader for him that would be great. That way we can see more clearly the effects from his travels.

Also lets ship it without the tape on the toploader. Any sustained damage, will just add character image
  • Options
    and i didnt shoot him or cut him up in 10,000 pieces, i was looking for a double too,found one week after i sent it to doug in co.
  • Options
    First stop for Chuck, Memory Lane, Inc., one of the most [fill in the blank] auction houses in the hobby. Chuck wonders if the pictured Bently belongs to one of the owners/associates at Memory Lane, Inc.

/s/ JackWESQ

P.S. Next stop for Chuck, PSA Headquarters.

• Options
    take him to brainsaw ansd see if they can help your friendimage
  • Options
    That's a great stop for Chuck!
  • Options
    Chucky starting to show his age.

imageimage
  • Options
    chuck is a hoimage
  • Options
    clayshooter22clayshooter22 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭
    Twinsfest is only three weeks away....

Let's get him up here for a reunion with his WS Trophy and one last trip on the metrodome carpet (I hear they want to continue Twinsfest at the Metrodome but I can't belive they can afford to keep the dome up without the baseball/football team revenue).

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • Options

<< <i>Twinsfest is only three weeks away....

Let's get him up here for a reunion with his WS Trophy and one last trip on the metrodome carpet (I hear they want to continue Twinsfest at the Metrodome but I can't belive they can afford to keep the dome up without the baseball/football team revenue). >>

pm was already sent to Jack. Chuck will be there...no worries
  • Options
    Chuck arrived here in Orange County shortly before my wife and I took off to S.F. for the holidays. Below are some pictures courtesy of the undersigned and the wife.

Chuck approaching Downtown L.A.

Chuck enjoying Downtown L.A.

Chuck overlooking Lake Merced near San Francisco State University (JackWESQ's favorite place to run).

Chuck marveling at the engineering that is the Bay Bridge.

Chuck wishing he had tickets to the Emerald Bowl held at AT&T Park.

Chuck paying his respects to Willie Mays!

Chuck admiring the Conservatory at Golden Gate Park

Chuck overlooking the iconic Golden Gate Bridge on a muggy day.

I'll be taking Chuck to Disneyland tomorrow and then send him on his way!

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Any word, still patiently awaiting
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Dude you have a Joust machine, your my new hero. I want really bad a Karate Champ or 10 Yard Fight Machine.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options

<< <i>Any word, still patiently awaiting >>

Chuck took a "special" trip to Minnesota to make the Twinsfest.

You are next in line after Clayshooter is done with him in a few days
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Did Jack kidnap Chuck?
  • Options
    Thanks for the pics Jack. SF and the bay area is always one of our favorite spots. I think last year was the first year in many years we didn't make it up there.

brian
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pics Jack.
    Did Chuck try to jump off the Golden Gate Bridge?

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    where the F*%$ is Chuck??? Now we have a huge snowstorm, hopefully it will be about 30 degrees when he is here.
  • Options

<< <i>where the F*%$ is Chuck??? Now we have a huge snowstorm, hopefully it will be about 30 degrees when he is here. >>

He is in Minnesota. The trip from Cal to Minn took longer than expected. He arrived there on the 24th even though he was mailed on the 12th.
  • Options
    Post padding, almost to 5000.
  • Options
    WHAT are people doing to CHUCK??? I bet I have him 1-2 days at the MOST...MY GOD
  • Options
    clayshooter22clayshooter22 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭
    Chuck arrived safe in MN. Unfortunatly he was a couple days late for Twinsfest. I really wanted to reunite him with his WS trophy and run him around the Metrodome one last time.

I've been sitting on him for two weeks because, well because there isn't a hell of a lot to do in the frozen north so I'm taking him on a trip to Florida next week. I'll have pics and send him on his way soon.

Mike

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • Options
    <WHAT are people doing to CHUCK??? I bet I have him 1-2 days at the MOST...MY GOD>
    i desecrated chuck when he was here in the most unsavory manor,while watchingdeliveance and listening to dueling bajos-
    "squeql like a pig chuck, you ho" <--insert illlicit substances icon hereimage

• Options
    Mike, not for nothing, but are you gonna have the card for 4 weeks after you broke the chain trying to get him to Twinsfest?
  • Options

<< <i>Mike, not for nothing, but are you gonna have the card for 4 weeks after you broke the chain trying to get him to Twinsfest? >>

RM,

I typically don't get into verbal spats but you need to tone it down. First, I can't control the mail. He arrives when he arrives. I can't slow down the USPS any more than you can speed it up. Twinsfest would have been a fun idea but after he arrived late I was out of an idea. You know what, I thought this was going to be fun. I'm not participating to be villified. If this is where it's going then I'll just forward him and opt out further. I don't have time to play your childish game.

Second, I didn't break the chain. Matt can choose to send to whomever. To say I had any part in the choice and then call me out is poor form.

PS. what I really wanted was to have Chuck last September when I traveled to Cyprus with the US shooting team for our world championship but Chucky spent more than a month with Roger in NJ.

Mike

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    Guys... and Ladies....with all the crap going on in the world and even here on this board, do we really have to argue about a subject that is supposed to be fun? Really...if Chuck gets to the next destination a week or 2 later does it really matter? I mean come on. We have better things to argue about here!
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    Mike, maybe it is my own naivety, but wasnt the point of this whole experiment

... to send him on a tour of America in nothing more than a toploader (less penny sleeve) and a white envelope. I want to see how long it takes for a card to show damage traveling "dumb ebay seller style".

This was not and is not what type of shenanigans or places we could take him. Sorry if it seemed like I just singled you out on this, and I understand you have only had the card since Jan 24th. So it has only been there for 2 and a half weeks and next week you are going to Florida etc. Which is where I came up with four weeks. It has been express a few times throughout this thread, and though I am not going digging to find the quote, that everyone should try to move this list along and get the card back to Matt to show the damage. Just a note to your snippy comments

Second, I didn't break the chain. Matt can choose to send to whomever. To say I had any part in the choice and then call me out is poor form

I realize it it Matt's choice, as he posted chuck was on his way to you for a small detour. Let me ask you this, whose bright idea was it to take the card to attend Twinsfest? Does Matt know every single event happening in the United States and arbitrarily decided to send it to you? Or did you possibly make a small recommendation that it would be a cool thing to do? In case you forgot I posted your comment below.

Twinsfest is only three weeks away.... Let's get him up here for a reunion

Which I agree it would have been, since I have never attended. So again, sorry for singling you out on this, but you undeniably were planning on taking four weeks from you received the card to send the card to the next member, forget the two weeks in transit. And please dont single out Roger by name saying since he did it it was fine, that my friend is poor form.
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭

<< <i>Guys... and Ladies....with all the crap going on in the world and even here on this board, do we really have to argue about a subject that is supposed to be fun? Really...if Chuck gets to the next destination a week or 2 later does it really matter? I mean come on. We have better things to argue about here! >>

I agree, this is a fun thread, lets keep it that way.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I think we should all keep Chuck for at least a month.
  • Options
    i knew i should have set him in fire when i had him, i coulda got me another one of those bench rose flames maybe,that pic rockedimage
    no fighting or talking ranks dammitimage
  • Options

<< <i>i knew i should have set him in fire when i had him, i coulda got me another one of those bench rose flames maybe,that pic rockedimage
    no fighting or talking ranks dammitimage >>

FIRE FIRE!!

• Options
    Anyway I can jump on the mailing list? I'd like to take Chuck on a tour of big D. Ya know show him the sights - steakhouses, strip clubs, and riverboat gambling. Wait that's Kansas City. I guess he'll just have to settle for steakhouses and Strip clubs. Maybe he could make a trek through Texas Stadium.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options

<< <i>Anyway I can jump on the mailing list? I'd like to take Chuck on a tour of big D. Ya know show him the sights - steakhouses, strip clubs, and riverboat gambling. Wait that's Kansas City. I guess he'll just have to settle for steakhouses and Strip clubs. Maybe he could make a trek through Texas Stadium. >>

Yep, pm me your name and address. I may bump you to next in line after Ted being that I am a Cowboy fan and would love to see some stadium pics
  • Options
    I thought you'd rather see him partying in strip clubs and such....
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    If it gets too boring for Chuck K. - send him down to Chuck - THE HUN

... barbarian bare-handed BBQ eating ...

... bare bathing beach babes ...

balmy beer bottle belching ...

aaaah ... BFlorida ...
  • Options
    Where is Chucky??? I would love to give him a tour of Raleigh Manhattan Studios while I'm there. I'm not allowed to take any photos on the movie sets, but I can still show him around and get some good pics of him around the studios.

Brian
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭
    this thread lost its mojo about 8 months ago
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

<< <i>this thread lost its mojo about 8 months ago >>

For sure. It all started when people held onto Chuck for 3 or 4 weeks at a time and then had nothing decent to show for the "effort". A few people forgot to send him off as well.

It was fun while it lasted, but the air has definitely left the sails for multiple reasons.