Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Chuck Knoblauch and Emmitt Smith Do America

Comments

• Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭

was thinking, I wonder if we should use a bubble mailer instead of a white envelope? I want to see how long it takes for the card to show effects of bouncing around inside a toploader. It would move alot more inside a bubble mailer than a white envelope. Plus in a white envelope its most likely gonna get machine crushed.

Matt, send Chuck in the white envelope and a different card in a bubble mailer. Be interesting to see the difference.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i> was thinking, I wonder if we should use a bubble mailer instead of a white envelope? I want to see how long it takes for the card to show effects of bouncing around inside a toploader. It would move alot more inside a bubble mailer than a white envelope. Plus in a white envelope its most likely gonna get machine crushed.

Matt, send Chuck in the white envelope and a different card in a bubble mailer. Be interesting to see the difference. >>

Good idea.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i want to touch itimage
  • Options
    Okay Andy, Chuck departed about an hour ago image
  • Options

<< <i>i want to touch itimage >>

You're in image
  • Options

<< <i>Okay Andy, Chuck departed about an hour ago image >>

Ill be waiting with bated breath.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Knobby's Trip >>

Well done!
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Ha, pretty cool Paul image

I will update the participant list to show city and state.
  • Options
    All I ask is that when Knobby makes his rounds, please post a scan of the card on this thread with your city and state so we can see the journey and destruction of the card.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

• Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    I'm in. I want to take a crap on it.
    I don't think much will happen if it remains in a top loader
    with tape, even though it's in a white envelope. I think our
    main gripe is that we receive them in a white envelope while
    paying $4 for s/h.

Matt, you should do one with a Card Saver, and white envelope.
    But seriously, I still want to crap on it.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    How about just slapping a stamp on the taped top loader? Jay at quality cards did that couple years back to a few guys. (as a farce) not as part of his business model.

They would then ship it to someone else and so on.

edited: on second thought they used a PSA slab not a top loader.

So...........nevermind.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Im gonna hit it with a large dose of radiation when I get it image
  • Options

<< <i>Im gonna hit it with a large dose of radiation when I get it image >>

Cool! image
  • Options
    i wont shoot it either, promiseimage
  • Options
    Did I miss out on this? I could be the final guy before sending it back across the state to you Lawnmowerman!
  • Options
    matt went to pet his emmmitt beanie bear,he back afterbitimage
  • Options
    lol -- I just read the first page edits...Yes, the Herschel Walker trade...good times.

Doug
  • Options

<< <i>Im gonna hit it with a large dose of radiation when I get it image >>

along the same lines... i could turn it into a refractor. should i do it?
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    baseballjeffbaseballjeff Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    If you want the card to make it to Alaska, I am in! It'll sit in my -5 degree mail box till I get home from work to get it out! So far the cold hasn't hurt my PSA cards coming in!

Jeff
  • Options

<< <i>If you want the card to make it to Alaska, I am in! It'll sit in my -5 degree mail box till I get home from work to get it out! So far the cold hasn't hurt my PSA cards coming in!

Jeff >>

hopefully you're getting them in bubble mailers. just bring them indoors and let them sit for a several hours before opening the package. they'll be fine if you let them warm up slowly.

i'd love to visit alaska! got any pictures of your place? i lived in colorado for awhile and loved it, i've heard alaska is even better!
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options

<< <i>Did I miss out on this? I could be the final guy before sending it back across the state to you Lawnmowerman! >>

Nope you're in. Anyone who wants in can join anytime. We are gonna do another as well. As Steve and Ted suggested, I'm just put a stamp on the toploader and send it as is. That should be pretty fun image
  • Options
    Here is another idea for this thread.

When each person receives the card, take a photo or two with the card in a different setting, maybe appropriate for your location so Chcuk gets the full experience of traveling around the country.

J
  • Options
    sign me up for another stop in New Jersey
  • Options
    If it was during baseball season, we could have Knobby in pictures at the different stadiums! image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    clayshooter22clayshooter22 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭
    Arny....cool idea. I'd take him to Ft. Meyers in mid-March.

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Matt - put me on the list for Chuck's arrival in central Cali. Sounds fun!

Geordie
  • Options
    There has been a sighting in Des Moines! LMM message me on the next destination please........

imagey
  • Options

<< <i>Here is another idea for this thread.

When each person receives the card, take a photo or two with the card in a different setting, maybe appropriate for your location so Chcuk gets the full experience of traveling around the country.

J >>

I like this idea a lot.
    My collections Puckett, Biggio & Graded
    Keep your collection organized on iTaggit
  • Options

<< <i>7. stown...............Hitting the local retirement homes hunting for "real" red heads somewhere in Houston, TX >>

The current flavor of the month is a brunette but she more than makes up for it in the sack.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>There has been a sighting in Des Moines! LMM message me on the next destination please........ >>

No scan of the card...and perhaps a photo of the card somewhere in your city?
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options

<< <i>There has been a sighting in Des Moines! LMM message me on the next destination please........ >>

Andy, post a scan of it to the thread so we can see if anything has changed. Make it the same size I listed in the original post.
  • Options
    LWMMLWMM Posts: 471
    I'm in.
    Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Just noticed the small bio edit on the first post........Matt, there are some writing jobs open in California I hear.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Wha no witty comment next to me!
  • Options

<< <i>Wha no witty comment next to me! >>

You singned after I was done for the night. I still have to add some to the new guys image You're next Ted image
  • Options

<< <i>

Andy, post a scan of it to the thread so we can see if anything has changed. Make it the same size I listed in the original post. >>

Ill have the scan up by tomorrow matt.

imagey
  • Options
    OK, Chuck made it to Des Moines without sustaining any damage as you can see from the scan(white mark on right border is from my filthy scanner that i promise is now cleaner)-

However, there is some bad news. Chuck is a disgusting individual. I was going to take him and do the expected Iowa corn field picture, but on the way there, his disturbing behavior showed itself. We passed something disgusting; and he wanted his picture with it. I told him "No way chuck, because you sucked at throwing." But after we argued it out, i had to relent and agree that throwing has nothing to do with what he gets his picture taken with. So, i relented and let Chuck have his way. Here is the proof that chuck is a sick individual, (this may be disturbing)-

imagey
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    LMAO - nice pic
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

A fine start to Chuck's journey. Godspeed.
  • Options
    Dude, that's just wrong--I get Chuck next...

Now question is, does the map get updated with Chuck's condition? Or with Chuck and the roadkill?

• Options

<< <i>Dude, that's just wrong--I get Chuck next...

Now question is, does the map get updated with Chuck's condition? Or with Chuck and the roadkill? >>

I say with the local pics.

imagey
  • Options

<< <i>Knobby's Trip >>

I just wanted to bring this link to the back page.

imagey
  • Options
    Great. Now we have to change the title to "Lyme's Disease Does America"
  • Options

Andy, that is just great image

It's gonna be tough for anyone to top that pic. I hope everyone tries though image
  • Options

<< <i>image

Andy, that is just great image

It's gonna be tough for anyone to top that pic. I hope everyone tries though image >>

It was Chuck's fault. He is very convincing.

imagey
  • Options

<< <i>Great. Now we have to change the title to "Lyme's Disease Does America" >>

LMAO! This is one of the funniest things i have read on here, ever.

imagey
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    100!