Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Official First Spouse Thread-'Cause Consolidation is a beautiful thing.

Comments

• Options
    Order went to "In process" but the date on the Uncs changed to 7/7. Proofs are still 6/28.

I'm guessing that there was an initial mintage of coins and then the final mintage will be done to fill the rest of the orders.

Why do I have a feeling that most of these coins will eligible for "First Strike" except for the returns?
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

When I got my 2 orders, I sent them to PCGS...got PR70 on both reverse proofs.

So I'd not be worried about receiving someone else's junk. >>

That sick, I went 10 for 10 on reverse proofs but they were all 69's and they were all first strike. But I am still not complaining. >>

I may be mistaken but I think the 2 rev proof were Gold Eagles which are more common to receive and yours were the Silver Eagle(harder to get 70's)
    If true don't feel bad... my reverse Silver eagles came back 50% PF69 and 50% PF68 (First Strike)
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Mine said, "On Hold", with ship 6/22, tracking had them at my door!!!image
  • Options
    As far as final mintages, from my experience, the mint began taking orders around 11:53 a.m., but only for the Martha Washington Proofs. At least for that issue, with orders being taken at a speed of 11-15 per second and lasting for around 6 minutes, anyone ponder a guess at the final numbers given this apparent proof head start? image
  • Options
    LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭
    Well, maybe some later proofs order will be cancel. On my OLO the proofs were cancelled and the BU's are still there for now.
    Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• Options
    That's interesting, and from the speed of delivery, sounds like the mint may have already predetermined the mintage?
  • Options
    Do you think the mint will fulfill any orders placed after the sellout? (around 3:00 EST)
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My first MW Proof just shipped this morning. Looks like the FS deadline will be July 22 on or around that date. At least I got one and won't have to buy in the aftermarket. I really want to try to collect the proof versions of these for a couple of years at least.
    All my other orders are backordered and were ordered in the first hour. I hope they didn't mint all these and that is what is causing the delay. >>

• Options
    UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My first MW Proof just shipped this morning. Looks like the FS deadline will be July 22 on or around that date. At least I got one and won't have to buy in the aftermarket. I really want to try to collect the proof versions of these for a couple of years at least.
    All my other orders are backordered and were ordered in the first hour. I hope they didn't mint all these and that is what is causing the delay. >>

Is PCGS doing First Strike on these? >>

Yes, but it would seem ALL qualify for 1st strike....
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Is PCGS doing First Strike on these? >>

Yes, but it would seem ALL qualify for 1st strike.... >>

I figured they'd come around. Why wouldn't they.

• Options
    fastrudyfastrudy Posts: 2,096
    Order #25428XXX on hold
    Order #25429XXX just went to 'in process'

go figure?!
    No Martha, but 1 of each abagailimage
    Successful transactions with: DCarr, Meltdown, Notwilight, Loki, MMR, Musky1011, cohodk, claychaser, cheezhed, guitarwes, Hayden, USMoneyLover

Proud recipient of two "You Suck" awards
  • Options
    all my orders now in progress.. CC has not been charged yet tho...ship date 07/07
  • Options
    GUINZO1975
  • Options
    I am so excited about these gold spouses! My order is currently in process! I'm going to spend all my profits on hookers! I can't wait! I really love coin collecting now!
    GUINZO1975
  • Options

<< <i>Do you think the mint will fulfill any orders placed after the sellout? (around 3:00 EST) >>

Personally, all that red verbiage they put up around 3:00 EST was just a "white flag". They surrendered. The coins may have actually sold out long before that. We're at the mercy of the order fulfillment people.
    Anyone can make a difference, but most people probably shouldn't. -- Marge Simpson
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    casman -

the mint is nuts with that order status.

my martha proofs went from on hold, to in process, cc charged, back to on hold, now the guy said they are shipping today or monday? what gives?

you said your's still said "on hold" and you have them?
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebay sale are cooling quickly, best hold until the next wave!

Sold Marthas
  • Options
    Wood Box looks very similar to the one used for 2006 Anniversary American Gold Eagles.
    COA is nice touch also...

See pictures from auction link below.

EBay auction with pictures
  • Options

<< <i>Ebay sale are cooling quickly, best hold until the next wave! >>

not gonna happen is it. good luck with them people, may not be worth
    tying up money in them unless one plans on collecting them for the sake of collecting.
    that wasn't what i was doing so i cancelled. image

RUN
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy to report here for the sake of consolidation on this series. It actually gives me great comfort knowing someone had the wherewithall to do this.

I'll report later what I think.
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ebay sale are cooling quickly, best hold until the next wave!
    >>

I don't see cooling...I see $800 for a $400 investment
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Looks like the official release date from the mint may be June 21.
  • Options
    Yes, mine said on hold and I have them and have not been charged for them either, also no email saying shipped and reports of no email confirmations of orders as well....
  • Options
    MrBearMrBear Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    According to PCGS, the first strike deadline is August 3, with the Mint's official release date of July 5.

http://www.pcgs.com/articles/article_view.chtml?artid=5005&universeid=313
    Occasionally successful coin collector.
  • Options
    Is it just me, or is "first strike" silly for these coins? If the US Mint completes production and shipping by mid-July, all 40,000 coins are eligible for first strike designation - as long as they are submitted quickly or submitted sealed.

And does first shipped mean first struck? I don't think that is necessarily the case.

Personally, I think the FS designation is crap, but they do grab higher resale values for whatever reason.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is it just me, or is "first strike" silly for these coins? Personally, I think the FS designation is crap, but they do grab higher resale values for whatever reason. >>

It isn't just you who thinks it's crazy...
    A farmer once told me about the manure smell on his property after I said; "P U.. that image stinks"
    He said: "smells like money to me".

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, mine said on hold and I have them and have not been charged for them either, also no email saying shipped and reports of no email confirmations of orders as well.... >>

Hit the "jack pot" again ... U b one lucky "Irishman." Mine are not scheduled until 6/28 & 7/8.... image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    After seeing some of these other threads I gave the mint a call today to check on my "on hold" order. She said my order was fine and it was in the queue. Checked later today and it has gone to "in process." Coincidence? Or was it my phone call.

Mint order time: 12:55am.
  • Options
    ProofModerns I think you may be onto something there...I had a problem with my order over the website (after placing it at 12:02 pm it vanished online around 4:00 pm) - I called the Mint to plead my case and it has been 'in process' ever since....although the day keeps moving back - I'm now on 7/9....very nervous about the whole thing....did the mint imply that if you are in process you will get your order eventually?
    Eric Woodard,
    National Treasure Shop
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Process does not mean anything. When they start moving the shipping date further and further up is when you may not get them.
  • Options
    No, I was not assured of getting my order eventually.

I know people keep saying sellout in 3 hours, but I have a feeling that we'll find out they sold out in less than that. I won't be satisfied until I have them in hand.

Lots of sales yesterday (June 23):
    MW Proof: $725-860
    MW Unc: $610-800
    AA Proof: $712-810
    AA Unc: $765-802
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Just checked and my order has been bumped to an estimated ship date of 7/9. It was 7/4 a couple of days ago.
  • Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    From the eBay listings it appears that I was one of the few that placed multiply orders for one coin at a time. It took me awhile but I had them all placed within the first 40 minutes. They should bring better prices in sealed boxes.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • Options
    ONETHREEONETHREE Posts: 1,126

<< <i>Just checked and my order has been bumped to an estimated ship date of 7/9. It was 7/4 a couple of days ago. >>

That is the same date My Washington FDCC I ordered April 12 are supposed to ship, 7/9. (it also was 7/4 previously) I am not sure if there is any relation, or that is the system default date when ship date is unknown.

Cancel button on the first spouse coins I ordered at 12:09 disappeared today. No evidence of a fed ex shipment as of yet.
    "It's not that the Irish are cynical. It's simply that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody." - Brendan Behan

Proud Participant in Operation "Stone Holey" August 7, 2008
  • Options

i havent ordered these yet - im counting my pennies for the jefferson.

however, im want to find a correlation between how many coins you ordered, time you ordered and the ship date.

sooo...i guess the easiest thing i want ppl to do is post how many you ordered and at what time and when did the mint ship/schedule you for shipment.

Sometimes I wish I was dead. Wait, not me. You. - Jack Handy
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i havent ordered these yet - im counting my pennies for the jefferson.

however, im want to find a correlation between how many coins you ordered, time you ordered and the ship date.

sooo...i guess the easiest thing i want ppl to do is post how many you ordered and at what time and when did the mint ship/schedule you for shipment. >>

just my gut......i think the mint will have different ordering guidelines from now on for the Jefferson and Madison FSpouse

like having to camp out in front of the mint days before and getting a lottery number, like they do for concert tickets. quite possibly dividing the angry mob, confiscating cell phones, "crack"berry's and laptops. Cash up-front, oh and the price will be higher.

better get more pennies, that is my advice.
  • Options
    Do you think they'll increase mintage or reduce max ordering quantities, or both? I don't see them increasing the price unless the price of gold changes significantly.

I still vote for them providing a quantity 1 subscription option. Maybe qty 2, but at least 1 - that way anyone who wants one will almost assuredly get one.
  • Options
    CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭
    image.....Liberty design?....Well I hope they at least double the mintage. This one there will be a high demand. I will "voice" something along these lines, to the mint...Perhaps others will also.image
  • Options

<< <i>No, I was not assured of getting my order eventually.

I know people keep saying sellout in 3 hours, but I have a feeling that we'll find out they sold out in less than that. I won't be satisfied until I have them in hand. >>

I agree with you, the only way I'll be sure that I'm getting these is when they show up. It looks like they charged me for the proofs only, so I might be getting those shortly. The uncs are still backordered. I ordered 5 of each in the first 15-20 minutes.

Any guesses as to what PR70 and MS70 would bring?
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, on the dealer network, COINNET, Bob Lecce is offering $575 each for futures in quantity, a couple of dealers are offering $625 each in four-coin sets, and one dealer is offering a 20-coin set in sealed boxes when he gets them at $17,000, or $650 per coin.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    ONETHREEONETHREE Posts: 1,126
    Link

Alright which one of you gets the "you suck" award.
    "It's not that the Irish are cynical. It's simply that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody." - Brendan Behan

Proud Participant in Operation "Stone Holey" August 7, 2008
  • Options
    planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Link

Alright which one of you gets the "you suck" award. >>

Looks like he's already sold one lot at that price, too -- a tidy 155% markup. I wonder what time of day he ordered... or if that even mattered.
  • Options

<< <i>Link

Alright which one of you gets the "you suck" award. >>

I really don't get the sealed box thing.

I got 4 Martha's in one box and 1 Martha in the second box. I was thinking of selling the 1, unopened, but I opened it. It turned out to be the worst coin of the five. Someone would have paid top dollar for the unopened box and got my worst coin. Too funny.

By the way that's $1000 a coin when they are selling for $800 opened.

• Options
    bwjetsbwjets Posts: 119 ✭✭
    Question is it safe to send in a sealed box? Isn't there a invoice with your information in it?
  • Options
    To the people who have received some coins...did you get your whole order?

I am wondering how many people that ordered both the proof and unc of each coin and what they have received. My order was in the first 40 minutes and I just switched to in process. I am hoping I get my full order but wondered if they had more proofs than UNC ready or how orders are playing out.

I also am curious if there was a big difference in ordering between Washington and Adams. I wonder if their individual splits were really different as well.

Swest
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>No, I was not assured of getting my order eventually.

I know people keep saying sellout in 3 hours, but I have a feeling that we'll find out they sold out in less than that. I won't be satisfied until I have them in hand. >>

I agree with you, the only way I'll be sure that I'm getting these is when they show up. It looks like they charged me for the proofs only, so I might be getting those shortly. The uncs are still backordered. I ordered 5 of each in the first 15-20 minutes.

Any guesses as to what PR70 and MS70 would bring? >>

If you think about it, there's no way they could have minted all the coins and sold the exact amount they minted. Thus, they will have to Mint coins to match the orders.

To take it further, we know they oversold, how might they break up the Unc. and Proofs. Will they go 50/50, cancelling some Proof orders to fill Unc. orders. Will they distribute a 75/25 split of Proof/Unc. , cancelling Unc. order to fill Proofs ??

I wonder how they are going to do this.. image

• Options
    My CC was charged for the proof coins only. I ordered 20 coins (5 of each) and the cancel box is gone on all 4 lines but the uncs are scheduled to ship on 7/10 now (the date keeps moving).
  • Options
    VTCoinsVTCoins Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

<< <i>FWIW, on the dealer network, COINNET, Bob Lecce is offering $575 each for futures in quantity, a couple of dealers are offering $625 each in four-coin sets, and one dealer is offering a 20-coin set in sealed boxes when he gets them at $17,000, or $650 per coin
    TD >>

Sounds like $850 per coin.
    Tim Puro
    Puro's Coins and Jewelry
    Rutland, VT

(802)773-3883

Link to my website www.vtcoins.com

Link to my eBay auctions

Buy, sell and trade all coins, US paper money, jewelry, diamonds and anything made of gold, silver or platinum.
  • Options
    Really! I hadn't heard about no email notifications...

My order was all set on the track order history page minutes after ordering - I stupidly didn't write down the order number - then when I went back to look at my tracking page my number was gone...because I never got a confirmation email either, I assumed my order was lost....

Has anybody else who didn't receive a confirmation email had their order vanish from the track order history page? If there is anybody who was smart enough to write their order number down before that happened...does your order still show up when you enter your number?

I'm in limbo - don't know if my order exists or not (the mint says they don't see it, but I'm hoping the phone operators just don't have a way to track it w/o my order number - which vanished/wasn't emailed to me)
    Eric Woodard,
    National Treasure Shop
  • Options
    If anyone is planning on going forward with this series, is it better to order Proofs or Uncirc?

I only ordered one MW and one AA proofs. My ship date was initially 7/4 and changed twice with the ship date at 7/9 before my order went to In process and ship date changed to 6/28.

My order was confirmed at 12:19 on 6/19.

K.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file