Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Official First Spouse Thread-'Cause Consolidation is a beautiful thing.

Comments

• Options
    I have 5, 5, 5, and 5 all still "in process" - I am burning incense and ringing my good luck gong
    Eric Woodard,
    National Treasure Shop
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Congrats Gummibear, you did real good!image

• Options
    LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭
    Not really sure if these will ship anytime soon, they need time to cancel all the duplicate orders like for the Adams FDC.

Those just went in stock today, and cc charged.
    Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• Options
    Mine says:

Order number: 25431xxx

Order Date: 06/19/2007 at 12:55 AM

Order Status: Your order request is on hold.

Each line says: 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 7-5-07.

I ordered 1 of each (and I'm kicking myself), but I do intend to collect thewhole series. I'll be pissed if any get cancelled.

I'm really hoping this goes through. I was stupid and mis-calculated the timezone difference. doh!

I really hope the mint does a subscription for all remaining coins. There's no reason they can't do a 1-unit subscription.
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,683 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How long will it take before we have an idea of how many uncirculated vs. proofs were ordered? >>

Good question. One of these will be come KEY very soon.

• Options
    Judging by action on Ebay and discussion here, my guestimate is 65-75% proofs.

Now the real question is - has the mint not yet struck any of these coins? Did they for the orders before minting or did the make up a few of each and hold off on the rest until the orders came in?
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭

ddink, it ain't a lock.

My card was charged 3 times in 3 months on an AGE set. I called the credit card company and they said everything good to go. But in the end the Mint did not send me a set.

• Options
    ONETHREEONETHREE Posts: 1,126
    Not that it means all that much, but my order was changed to ship date 6/28 this morning.
    "It's not that the Irish are cynical. It's simply that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody." - Brendan Behan

Proud Participant in Operation "Stone Holey" August 7, 2008
  • Options

<< <i>Not really sure if these will ship anytime soon >>

Several people, including Coinboy (iirc) have reported that they have already received theirs.
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Some of my orders were moved up to 7/6 and some to down to 6/28.
  • Options
    Maybe if this is at the top, others will use it instead of creating more and more threads about the first hag coins.

• Options
    My order has been changed. Everything's the same, except ship date changed to 07/06/07.
  • Options
    cucurbitcucurbit Posts: 182 ✭✭
    I've been billed and my coins have shipped. I ordered 5 of each proof/unc and they have been 'In stock and reserved' (cancel box gone yesterday) since the start.

Ship date Jun 21, 2007
    Estimated delivery Jun 22, 2007 by 10:30 AM

Order # is 25422xxx.
  • Options
    Wow my order is 25423xxx at 12:09 EST. Still backordered. (it took me nine minutes to complete the order due to web delay.)
    "It's not that the Irish are cynical. It's simply that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody." - Brendan Behan

• Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    I'm 25423xxx and mine is "in stock and reserved" but they haven't charged me yet.

Order says "on hold"

I called the mint to make sure there was no problem with my card and I got...

"That's just a security hold...we do that for any large order (my first is 860..large?). That hold should be there for a week to 10 days then they will ship it"

You never know what you are going to get when you call the mint.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've been billed and my coins have shipped. I ordered 5 of each proof/unc and they have been 'In stock and reserved' (cancel box gone yesterday) since the start.

Ship date Jun 21, 2007
    Estimated delivery Jun 22, 2007 by 10:30 AM

Order # is 25422xxx. >>

My order is also 254226xx it does not have a shipped date yet, I usually do not see a shipped date until after I have it though. It did not come today, so maybe tomorrow.

I hype, I mean I hope. image
  • Options
    cucurbitcucurbit Posts: 182 ✭✭
    Go here and put your order number in the 'Reference' box and choose the country and your zip code.

See anything? image
  • Options
    UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Go here and put your order number in the 'Reference' box and choose the country and your zip code.

See anything? image >>

That's COOL! Says I'll have all 20 of mine by 10:30 am 6/22.
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • Options
    I think they are enjoying the torture. Order 254247XX at 12:19 still on hold. Called CC company twice and they said it would go through.

I'd just like to know that they are coming. I think I ordered soon enough!
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!
  • Options
  • Options
    Double in a few days is not bad.image
    San Diego, CA

• Options

My boxes are gone on the Martha Proofs, but no shipping yet.

• Options
    Man this is torture. I ordered in the first 40 minutes, 15 of which was trying to get my order through.

My order # is 25429*** and I am still on hold. The idea that they are shipping some and many people are in process is freaking me out. My card is good and I have ordered via the mint many times. Ugg. Anyone around my order number different in terms of in process and/or shipping? Oh yeah my ship date is now 7/6 as well from 7/5 yesterday.

Thanks!
  • Options
    unspendableunspendable Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    same here.. #25425xxx
  • Options
    They are very strange, my last order 2 hours later is in process, my 15 min 9:00 order is on hold.
    San Diego, CA

• Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Go here and put your order number in the 'Reference' box and choose the country and your zip code. >>

Mine shows TODAY as the shipping date, with delivery tomorrow by 10:30 a.m.! I hope that's the First Spouse coins, but it could be some silver eagles that I ordered at the same time.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options

<< <i>They are very strange, my last order 2 hours later is in process, my 15 min 9:00 order is on hold. >>

How many did you order on each? It seems like the 20 coin orders are going later than the smaller orders (IMO).

A set of the 4 different coins is going for $4K BIN on eBay.......

Well, we're waiting..... (Ted Knight from Caddyshack)image
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!
  • Options
    It seems like the 20 coin orders are going later than the smaller orders (IMO).

Not true.
    San Diego, CA

• Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭

<< <i> It seems like the 20 coin orders are going later than the smaller orders (IMO).

Not true. >>

Maybe not but my 20 coin order is still slated for 7/6 and it was ordered within the first 45 minutes.

Only time will tell.
  • Options
  • Options
    Well, if I receive my sets (3) I am a big winner image.

If I don't receive them, I really don't lose much do I? I am amazed that people are already receiving them. I wonder what the first 1st strike (if eligible) 70 set will go for.

BTW, I hate not knowing lol.

Swest
  • Options

• Options
    UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many coins do you think the mint holds back for replacement and lost shipments?
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • Options

<< <i>How many coins do you think the mint holds back for replacement and lost shipments? >>

As far as I know replacements come from returns or orders with bad credit cards that were canceled.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remember: The replacement you receive just might be someone else's return.
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    I received 2 of the AGE Gold Anniversary sets right before they cancelled all of the "waiting list" orders. Months after they went on sale. I had placed my order after the "sold to max" notice went up so I was on the waiting list.

When I got my 2 orders, I sent them to PCGS...got PR70 on both reverse proofs.

So I'd not be worried about receiving someone else's junk.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big Daddy, that's good to hear. Congrats.
  • Options
    holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

When I got my 2 orders, I sent them to PCGS...got PR70 on both reverse proofs.

So I'd not be worried about receiving someone else's junk. >>

That sick, I went 10 for 10 on reverse proofs but they were all 69's and they were all first strike. But I am still not complaining.

• Options

<< <i>Well, if I receive my sets (3) I am a big winner image.

If I don't receive them, I really don't lose much do I? I am amazed that people are already receiving them. I wonder what the first 1st strike (if eligible) 70 set will go for.

BTW, I hate not knowing lol.

Swest >>

I haven't seen any confirmed pictures. None on this website or Ebay. Provide a link if you've seen them.

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    have 5 martha's that have been charged to my CC, cancel box has been gone, order went from on hold to in process a day ago, now its back to "on hold"

called the mint and they said its been "picked for shipment", call the claims dept to have hold released.....credit card has been charged already....so why the change in status?
  • Options
    I have a couple of small orders (2 of each). Of my two early orders one has changed to "in process" with a delivery date of 7/06/07 while the other order remains "on hold" and yet the delivery date has changed to 6/28/07? What does the order status really mean? Why is it open to so much interpretation and confusion? Can anyone interpret the US Mint order status system? What does the Mint gain from keeping everyone guessing????
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein.
  • Options
    usually when your cc gets hit, the coins ship

this is the first time that one of my orders went back on hold

the rep told me to call claims dept early tomorrow morning to get the hold released to ship-since the order has been "picked" and boxed.
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭

Good luck. Been there and done that.
  • Options
    everybody most likely will face this once in thier dealings with the mint....

this is the first time cc charged and order back on hold....who knows, maybe they started flipping switches late in the day.....
  • Options
    i'm still in process backordered expected to ship 7/06
    couple times i've considered cancelling. tough call on these doing anything.
    i think not.
  • Options

<< <i>i'm still in process backordered expected to ship 7/06
    couple times i've considered cancelling. tough call on these doing anything.
    i think not. >>

Rather than cancel, allow me to buy your order...
  • Options
    fastrudyfastrudy Posts: 2,096
    +1
    Successful transactions with: DCarr, Meltdown, Notwilight, Loki, MMR, Musky1011, cohodk, claychaser, cheezhed, guitarwes, Hayden, USMoneyLover

Proud recipient of two "You Suck" awards
  • Options
    My first MW Proof just shipped this morning. Looks like the FS deadline will be July 22 on or around that date. At least I got one and won't have to buy in the aftermarket. I really want to try to collect the proof versions of these for a couple of years at least.
    All my other orders are backordered and were ordered in the first hour. I hope they didn't mint all these and that is what is causing the delay.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file