phutphut Posts: 1,087
    61 marym
    62 DesertRat
    63 wazari777
    64 Sapyx
    65 GaCoinGuy
    66 30AnvZ28
    67 BobGreene

68 and 69 are now open to the general public.
  • Options
    i'll take one please!!!
    4/92
    4/123
    -----------
    Invested $216.76
    Return on Investment $0.68
    Found but keeping $.15
  • Options
    Sign me up, quick.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
  • Options
    I dont think there is an opening, but if there is please sign me up. Thanks

Joe
  • Options
    Yeah me too! image I didn't reply sooner cause those last 2 had already filled up.
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Hey Walker,

I just want to say you're a class-act for donating your win to the prize round. You're a kind & generous member of this forum!

Mary
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    Missed again, but just in case Phut is feeling generous with the last few spots, and one is open...
    How about me boss?
    (figure Phut is probably one of the only ones that could name the cartoon that this quote comes from imageimage )
  • Options
    70 and 71 are open for the general public
    72 guess a letter between d and y. Only one guess per person. be sure to include 72
  • Options
    61 marym
    62 DesertRat
    63 wazari777
    64 Sapyx
    65 GaCoinGuy
    66 30AnvZ28
    67 BobGreene
    68 walkerminus1
    69 Laserart
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    I'll take 70.
  • Options
    70?
  • Options
    oops......wrong order.
    70 and 71 are open for the general public
    72 guess a letter between d and y. Only one guess per person. be sure to include 72
  • Options
    71?
  • Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Last post edited because i hopped on and read 70 and 71 open and didn't waste time reading! Looks like they are taken so I edited to guess for 72!
  • Options

<< <i>(figure Phut is probably one of the only ones that could quote the cartoon that this quote comes from >>

Ha! I'm one of those Rick!

You'll love this site -> image<-
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    72h
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    72 T
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, 70 and 71 ARE taken?

If so, then for 72 - X

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    72m
  • Options
    <<Ha! I'm one of those Rick! >>

Pretty funny GR! ... we bought the looney tunes dvd collection and my daughter (almost 4)
    was the one to use this quote at the dinner table when my wife was handing out dessert!!!

(how 'bout me boss? **Bugs sticking his hand out to get his share after the bank heist**)
  • Options
    72 E
    Always on the lookout for a silver opportunity.
    imageimage
  • Options
    61 marym
    62 DesertRat
    63 wazari777
    64 Sapyx
    65 GaCoinGuy
    66 30AnvZ28
    67 BobGreene
    68 walkerminus1
    69 Laserart
    70 Dockwalliper
    71 dan8402
    72 Omega
    The letter was p

He's not in da stove!image
    I had hundreds of those wavs before the computer crash. There all on a back-up disc somewhere now.
  • Options
    Coooould be raaabitt...coould be...
    My twins are 3 and a half and LOVE those DVD's!
  • Options
    haha!!! imageimageimage

you guys crack me up... figures we'd all be in the same crowd!

<<Coooould be raaabitt>>

From the "Niiiiiightie Night Raaaaaaabit" ?

<<He's not in da stove!>>

Would I turn on the stove?
    Aye, yooou might rabbit...

• Options
    ROUND 6

Digger: phut

Date(s) dug:January 6th and 7th
    Site(s):Newmarket NH woods and a mill site in Amesbury MA

Detector: Whites IDX with 9.5 inch coil

Newmarket woods. This area is off Great Bay. One of the first settlements in the country. The site I was on is a wildlife management area that has been hammered pretty hard, as most of the non-private spots are.

Here's me hunting in Newmarket woods. Notice the branch that tried to poke my eye out.
    (re-enactment, that is not really me)

61. marym
    A name plate. I didn't know there was another name on the back until I cleaned it up. Nice to know they were recycling back in the 1700s.

62. DesertRat
    Half of a colonial buckle

63. wazari777
    A large forged nail. This one barely made by the 'interesting' rule, but it is an early one.
    History of nails

Next site.
    Late 1800 early 1900 Mill in Amesbury Ma.
    I had eyeballed this site from a distance for more than a year, never knowing what was behind the treeline.
    Sunday, Jan 7th, a friend and I decided to check it out.
    After twenty minutes of walking through tick infested undergrowth, we get to a clearing and notice a large stone structure. As we get closer we can see that it is a large, collapsed dam complete with a spillway. I brought my camera, took a picture...snap....image saving.....screen goes black. Batteries died before I could even save one image. Grrrr.

Here's me walking through the mill woods. Notice the branch trying to poke out my other eye. Good thing I was wearing my lucky hat.

64. Sapyx
    Magic Yeast porcelain covered steel barrel plate.

65. GaCoinGuy
    An old pocket knife

66. 30AnvZ28
    An old buckle

67. BobGreene
    A gold plated naked lady ring

68. walkerminus1
    1874 IHC. This coin is cleaning up nice. AU details. A few more weeks in olive oil, then into the keeper folder.

69. Laserart
    Can you see them under that large root?
    My first Canada large cent. Two of them stuck together. These should also clean up nice enough for the keeper folder.
    1906 and 1909

70. Dockwalliper
    A 3/4 inch flat button. I'd have thrown the site on the back burner if not for this find. It tells me there is stuff older than late 1800s there.

71. dan8402
    A small ball type button covered in leather.

72. Omega
    1913 US cent

Picture for size comparison.

Stay tuned for Janet's wardrobe malfunctionimage
  • Options
    That '06 looks to be in mighty fine shape, how deep was it?
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>That '06 looks to be in mighty fine shape, how deep was it? >>

The 06 is the better of the two, but they are both in nice shape.
    They were around 4 inches down on the edge of a hay field about 200 yards from mill. A high and dry spot.
  • Options
    Something tells me you had a close encounter with a tree branch.
  • Options

oh no... half time...

<<Stay tuned for Janet's wardrobe malfunction >>

NO - PLEASE - NO!!!!!

Another Looney Tune quote:
    "How's about a game of penalties?"
    "No-no ...Not the Thinkah!"

(anyone remember that one? image )

• Options
    Very nice digs Tim. Georgeous IHC. It amazes me how indians manage to hold their highlights even after years of use, or in this case non-use. I truly believe indians were hammered much harder than many other coins. Keep it up! image
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Good evening folks. It's halftime! Even though this is my first VTH to participate in, I'd bet this is the best so far. The finds have been great and the players have kept the jockeying for a number at fever pitch. I think the diggers and the virtual players both deserve a big thumbs up. image

Stay tuned because I have an intermission activity I think you'll enjoy. The prize is something you don't want to miss. image

A little bit later this evening I'm going to post a new thread ya'll can hammer at. Keep your eyes open, because there IS a wardrobe mal-function in this one. Be it a small one though.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭
    WooHoo, I'm thrilled with the pocketknife...........somewhere, theres a tree that some lovesick dude carved his girls name on.............I just know there is.

Nice finds all around, this has been an amazing hunt for everyone.
    imageimage

• Options
    The trees, and nature are out to get me, Kenimage. Falling off a giant granite boulder is the only thing to draw blood yet.

'And dis time we didn't forget da gravy'

The tree is there, GaCoinGuy. The oldest date I can read is 1929.

• Options
    Sweeeeetttt! I got a naked lady! image True, she's only on a ring, but beggers can't be choosy. image Great job on the dig! That 1874 Indian cent looks really nice.
    Bob
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I see the halftime show is goin' down on another thread.

Have fun, everybody.

I have not yet been able to dig Round 7, so there might be some downtime once the halftime show is over.

Wanted to dig yesterday but was rained out. I am off Sunday, though, I believe. Weather permitting, I might give it a go.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>The trees, and nature are out to get me, Kenimage. Falling off a giant granite boulder is the only thing to draw blood yet.

'And dis time we didn't forget da gravy'

The tree is there, GaCoinGuy. The oldest date I can read is 1929. >>

In about 3 months we can go to that place I told you about and it's mostly level ground so if you don't fall into the well you should be ok.
  • Options
    WOW... Only half over and already 790 posts.... NICE!!!
  • Options
    Hey Tim,

Great finds, as we would expect! I'm going to attempt to reseach the name badge. I can see Felix Lauzon's name clear enough, and the town of New Warket (do you think that's correct?) in NH. On the flip side though, is that name Joseph Paul? I'm curious what this plate was used for, especially because it has two names.

Mary
    Be Still and Know
  • Options

<< <i>In about 3 months we can go to that place I told you about and... >>

Can't wait to see what your neck of the woods has to offer, Ken.image

Mary, You have the names correct. The town is Newmarket. I didn't notice the M was upsidedown, on the Felix side, until I read your post.
    Let me know if you find anything. I tried a google search for the names, but didn't spend a lot of time. I was planning to go to the library next time I hunt there.
  • Options
    Very nice round phut! I am amazed, as well, at the indian head cent.
  • Options
    The amount of snow we are pummeled with is in direct proportion to the increased urge to go metal detecting.

-Omega's First Law of Metal Detecting.
  • Options
    I'll take a spot...oh wait, is it still half-time???

Rob

I think I need to buy me a Garrett Ace 250 with a bigger coil, soon.
    4/92
    4/123
    -----------
    Invested $216.76
    Return on Investment $0.68
    Found but keeping $.15
  • Options
    Hey Tim,

My searches on Felix Lauzon seemd to end during the 1800's. I haven't been able to locate anything on a Joseph Paul, or a Paul Joseph. Or a Feliz Joseph Paul Lauzon. lol
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    Well, folks, I've been absent a few days, but I am still alive.

Went digging the other day but have not completed Round 7 yet.

I also will update the scoreboard to show Tim's Round 6 results and so on, when I get home.

Sorry for the absence, but it looks like Halftime was in good hands, and y'all might not have even noticed me missing, eh? image

I will possibly open Round 7 for entries sometime Wednesday, but only for a target or two. Stay tuned.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Tell me again who you are?
  • Options
    Okay. I'll take one entry, for Target #73.

To the first NEW player who asks for a slot. (Somebody who hasn't gotten a target in the first six rounds of the game.)

• Options
    Any new players/takers?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?