Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Official Football HOF Rookies Thread**********************************************

Comments

• Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wish I had seen this last night Greg, I would've bid more than $55 on it.

Anybody know who melomelisa is on ebay? I'm assuming it's a registry member.

Great sells too Dave! I hope the couple raw Hickerson's I have coming in at least net me a 7.

Oh and Greg, I finally snagged a Buoniconti in a 7. I see there is one listed now as well, unless you upped your want to an 8 now. I know you were looking for one for quite some time.

..and Dave, thanks for not adding the Hickerson 8 to your set. I'm now ahead of you by .01. image Albeit for a short time I am sure. >>

Jason,

I was VERY dissapointed with the final sale price. I was hoping for circa $100.

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    Dave,

Was definitely a good idea to get an "Official" Thread for us...In the past we would have multiple posts, messages that would get lost in the mix...Thanks for the kickoff...

Now, I'm going to provide those who read this thread and collect with us some valuable info. Most of us who collect the HOF RC set also collect the All-Time rushers and WRs sets as well. For the Rusher and Receiver sets, there are specific milestones that will qualify a player to be added. Dave might remember this from way back, but it goes back to when someone was requesting PSA to create a 10,000 yard rusher set in addition to the All-Time Rushers set. Instead of having two different but very similar sets, PSA combined the 2. So if an RB collects 10,000 yards rushing in his career, he is automatically added to the All-Time rushers set. No poll needed. Same for the WRs...For them it's 800 catches AND 12,000 yards. Now guys with LESS than these numbers CAN BE ADDED. But a poll would be needed as it wouldn't be automatic. For the QBs and Defense, there are no milestones, so polls are needed for any additions there. The only possible QB adds in the near future are Tom Brady and Donovan McNabb..If either or both of them can have another All-Pro and/or Super Bowl season, I think they make a serious case for inclusion. On defense, it would seem Champ Bailey, Michael Strahan and Brian Urlacher would be closest. But IMO, all 3 are at least 2-3 Pro Bowl type years away...

Anyway, next year could be a big one for both the RB and WR sets. MANY players are closing in on these numbers. The lists below show you the possible inclusions for these sets next season, along with how much they need to make the cut and the card you guys should be looking for if you want a jump start.

RUSHERS
    Fred Taylor- 1998 SP Authentic- Needs 487 yds
    Warrick Dunn- 1997 SP Authentic- Needs 539 yds
    LaDanian Tomlinson- 2001 Topps Chrome- Needs 824 yds
    Shaun Alexander- 2000 SP Authentic- Needs 1,287 yds
    Ahman Green- 1998 SP Authentic- Needs 1,509 yds

RECEIVERS
    Terrell Owens- 1996 SP- Needs 285 yds
    Rod Smith- 1995 Ultra- Needs 611 yds
    Keenan McCardell- 1994 Stadium Club- Needs 883 yds
    Randy Moss- 1998 SP Authentic- Needs 124 rec, 1,300 yds
    Torry Holt- 1999 SP Authentic- Needs 88 rec, 1,325 yds
    Keyshawn Johnson- 1996 SP- Needs 1,429 yds

Remember, the card needed is the BASE card from these sets. While I have heard of cases where the 1998 SP Die-Cuts have worked, I wouldn't assume that they will...So I would beware of buying parallels of the cards above such as 1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Rod Smith or 2001 Topps Chrome Tomlinson Black Refractor, etc.

Best of luck to all interested...Luckily I am planning 3-4 years ahead based on averages so I already have all these..lol..Although i would like to upgrade my Ahman Green from a PSA 9 to a PSA 10...I've got 10's on all the rest..

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that info Jason. I didn't realize LT was that close. Seems like he was a rookie 3-4 years ago.... Time flies.

<< <i>Keyshawn Johnson- 1996 SP- Needs 1,429 yds >>

Do you think someone will pick him up??

dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for that info Jason. I didn't realize LT was that close. Seems like he was a rookie 3-4 years ago.... Time flies.

<< <i>Keyshawn Johnson- 1996 SP- Needs 1,429 yds >>

Do you think someone will pick him up??

dave >>

Tomlinson is averaging over 1,500 per year...If he can stay healthy, he will chase Emmitt's all-time record...

If Keyshawn doesn't retire, then absolutely someone will..He's still a solid possesion type WR IMO..Although I think he's a longshot to ever get that 1,429 yds...He will likely need 3 more seasons to hit that...Wouldn't be surprised to see a team like the Broncos or Chargers pick him up. McCardell is currently a Free Agent as well, and I doubt he ever gets those last 883 yds either. He wants to play at least another year, but I'm not sure anyone is going to throw him a bone..Especially with a similar, younger WR available now in Keyshawn..

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    "2001 Topps Chrome Tomlinson Black Refractor"

Is there a Black Refractor, a Refractor, and a base card?

Oh... and I'm betting (and hoping) the Titan's pick up Keyshawn.
  • Options

<< <i>"2001 Topps Chrome Tomlinson Black Refractor"

Is there a Black Refractor, a Refractor, and a base card?

Oh... and I'm betting (and hoping) the Titan's pick up Keyshawn. >>

The card that is titled "Rookie Refractor" IS the base card in the set. Individually numbered to 999...

Jason
  • Options
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭

<< <i>Thanks, The good news is that there is a big gap between 18 and 19. I only have 2 cards won that are not entered yet. A 50 Groza 5 that I won 2 weeks ago, still havn't recieved, and seller is not answering emails. I may have to file a claim on that one. Also a PSA 6 Weinmeister.

Dave >>

Yeah, it's interesting that even at 80% complete we aren't even sniffing the top 10. This set has just exploded. Well over 60 registered sets already (might be over 70 now) and I know I have a pretty good chunk of change in my set and to just barely be in the top 20 is a testament to how competitive and popular this set has gotten. Not to mention some of the new guys that have popped in and made big leaps very quickly. Jon of course and Mike as well. It's fun watching some guys build their sets too.

...and you're right, there is a nice gap between 18 and 19. Let's hope it stays that way for our sake. image Not sure what I'll do if I have to start hitting "Show all registered sets" to see my own. lol
  • Options
    Yes, I definalty want to stay in the top 20, but I'm not gonna hold my breathe. Some of these new comers go all out and go right to the top....

Jason, any word as to when the new sets will be listed? I know it usually takes a while...

Dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    Envoy,
    If you are trying to pick up some of the relatively higher pop 60's cards in nice shape and are watching the price, there is no doubt how popular this set has become. I used to buy HOF rookies in 9 at SMR or even less from the 60's. Now I can't get 8's at triple SMR. Can't wait till this cools off for a bit so that I can sneak in a finish a few things up without having to sell the kids.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options

<< <i>Yes, I definalty want to stay in the top 20, but I'm not gonna hold my breathe. Some of these new comers go all out and go right to the top....

Jason, any word as to when the new sets will be listed? I know it usually takes a while...

Dave >>

Dave, Cosetta estimated that it should be up sometime this month..All depends on their workload...

Jason
  • Options

<< <i>Envoy,
    If you are trying to pick up some of the relatively higher pop 60's cards in nice shape and are watching the price, there is no doubt how popular this set has become. I used to buy HOF rookies in 9 at SMR or even less from the 60's. Now I can't get 8's at triple SMR. Can't wait till this cools off for a bit so that I can sneak in a finish a few things up without having to sell the kids.
    Fuzz >>

Believe me, after 2+ years of collecting this set, I'm sell aware of how much the prices have jumped. It's crazy. I do have some that I got early that didn't cost me my first born, but there are still plenty of others that are going to start out in my set as 5's and 6's now instead of 7's and 8's just because of the price.
  • Options
    Cool ad in this month's SMR......Congrats Jon, that is some great publicity for this set..

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    What do you guys think? Does this have a shot at an 8 or is there too much tilt? I have a 6 now so even a 7 would be fine with me.

DAve

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Hi Dave,
    Very nice Bob Brown RC. The tilt doesn't matter much. I've seen many DSLS tilted PSA 9 NQ's over the past year. It's the degree of centering at the worst point that matters. Your card looks like it might be close to 30/70 l-r near the bottom, so it's a borderline candidate of getting the straight 8 grade. Hopefully you will. But I would bet it's a PSA 7 NQ. The top half of the card looks mint. Still a nice pick up raw. PSA 7's sell for $45-55 range. Good luck with it and let's the scan once it's graded.

Rich
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree w/ CB. I've seen several cards with that much of a tilt as unqualified 8's. You should get a 7, at least.
  • Options
    I agree, great looking raw card. If the centering at the worst point beats the 70/30 mark, it's an 8 I think. Assuming there is no color loss on the back corners. I don't think it looks off-center at all, there is a tilt but it doesn't detract IMO. I think you have a good shot at an 8.
  • Options
    Does this seem like a good deal? I would think the Hickerson alone would bring at least $50+ but I could be wrong. I will be keeping the Hickerson and selling off the rest.

1966 Philadelphia Lot psa 7's

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    nice pickup on the hickerson. i was hoping to get that lot. my snipe was not enough. i might be interested in the starr and the gregg. let me know what you want for them.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    You may remember I spoke about this earlier in the thread:

NFL Classic Games

This is only the beginning of what is to come. Looks like they are going back in time with their games, starting off with newer ones and eventually showing some of the older games. This is going to bring the vintage stars to life for a whole new generation of NFL fans...Another project I've heard is being worked are specific player highlight packages/shows. They've already done a few of these, but only on mostly modern players like Favre, Emmitt, Payton...I'd love to watch 1 or 2 hour shows, something like the awesome America's Game series, but focused on a particular players career. Johnny Unitas, Norm Van Brocklin, Steve Van Buren, etc...I think this is going to have a nice impact on the vintage football card market...

For those of you who weren't as familiar with some of the Senior candidates we debated, keep an eye on the NFL Network schedule for games that will give you a glimpse of some of these guys in live game action...

Jason
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Hey guys,
    This thread is great. I was looking for an entry level into this set. Why not now?!?! Does anyone have any PSA 8-10 extras for this set that they may be interested in selling, or possibly trading? Either PM or reply to this note...

Thanks,
    Mark
  • Options

<< <i>Hey guys,
    This thread is great. I was looking for an entry level into this set. Why not now?!?! Does anyone have any PSA 8-10 extras for this set that they may be interested in selling, or possibly trading? Either PM or reply to this note...

Thanks,
    Mark >>

I've only got 2 available HOF RC's at this time:

PSA 7 1951 Bowman Ernie Stautner
    PSA 10 1973 Topps Jack Ham

I wouldn't consider either of these "entry level" type cards though...Neither is or will ever be cheap...lol..If you are interested let me know, my e-mail is jabeduco@yahoo.com.

Look forward to seeing you join the set...Every day you wait is the more it's going to cost you to complete the set in the long run...So no better time than the present!

Jason
  • Options
    MADMAD Posts: 386

<< <i>Hey guys,

Thanks,
    Mark >>

I have quite a few available and will glad to post for you or anyone else interested.

Marc.
    Have shine box will travel
    ------------
    BOBBY ORR
    THE BEST THERE WAS!
    THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE!
    ------------
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Hey guys,

Thanks,
    Mark >>

I have quite a few available and will glad to post for you or anyone else interested.

Marc. >>

Marc,
    Please post if you get a chance...
  • Options
    Jason,

Man, this set is getting more expensive all the time. Now I'm going to have to get NFL network!!

Mark,

I have the following HOF RC's available (for sale or trade)

1948 Bowman Pete Pihos PSA 3
    1955 Bob St Clair PSA 6
    1955 Frank Gatski PSA 6
    1956 Bill George PSA 7
    1961 Henry Jordan PSA 7
    1966 Gene Hickerson PSA 6
    1966 Gene Hickerson PSA 8
    1966 Gene Hickerson PSA 8

email me if you can use any jmgabbert@hotmail.com

Gabbs
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Hey Gabbs,

Just sent you an email regarding the cards. You should turn on your PM
  • Options

<< <i>Jason,

Now I'm going to have to get NFL network!!

Gabbs >>

Anyone who doesn't have NFL Network and NFL Sunday Ticket..I've got to ask..How do you survive day-to-day life especially DURING the football season? How can you stand to only be able to watch the force fed games on the Networks?? I also have the Superfan package which gives you :30 minute FULL GAME, EVERY PLAY replays of every Sunday game with all the commercials and huddles cut out...Its the best thing since sliced bread..lolol

The only GOOD excuse is if you have NFL season tickets...Seriously...

Jason

• Options
    I have some extras in my Ebay store: mikescardcloset

Jason, I don't even have a TV!! I watch the play by play on the internet and do lots of reading. It's not the same, but it helps get me through. During the playoffs I travel to my dad's place to watch all the games on his big plasma screen. I did a lot of travel during this Jan. I wish there was a way to see the games on the internet. Yahoo has a free service to watch NFL games if you are oversees. no luck in the U.S. I can't wait to get DirectTV with Sunday Ticket on 50'' screen, unfortunately it will be a few years.
  • Options
    What do you guys think is the estimated value of the Nagurski PSA 9? Any guesses? Just curious...
  • Options
    Well since I own the card - Id have t say at least as much as the Wagner PSA 8

In all sincerity - there was a press release from BMW that outlined the terms in which I paid for the card a little over a year ago - it was estimated to be $240K at the time. Who knows now.
  • Options

<< <i>What do you guys think is the estimated value of the Nagurski PSA 9? Any guesses? Just curious... >>

Here is the link to the sale about a year ago.
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    any thoughts on a Dan Hampton 81 topps PSA 9 just selling on Ebay for $102?
  • Options

<< <i>any thoughts on a Dan Hampton 81 topps PSA 9 just selling on Ebay for $102? >>

About average price..Not high or low...Good centering, definitely 9 worthy...What am I missing?

Jason
  • Options

<< <i>any thoughts on a Dan Hampton 81 topps PSA 9 just selling on Ebay for $102? >>

Last one I saw went for $81 and the one I saw before that went for $50 something. I picked mine up for $40 and was ecstatic. I then sold my 8 for $30.
  • Options

<< <i>

Last one I saw went for $81 and the one I saw before that went for $50 something. I picked mine up for $40 and was ecstatic. I then sold my 8 for $30. >>

Last 3:

5/10/07 eBay $102.00

4/24/07 eBay $99.75

3/18/07 eBay $113.75

Jason

• Options
    Mark:

Here are my lists of HOF RC's ($300 and under) for sale or trade:

I thought it would be helpful to Mark to break down by price range:

ALL CARDS ARE NQ.

under $100

1948 Leaf # 29 Charley Trippi PSA 5
    1955 Topps # 56 Ernie Nevers PSA 7
    1956 Topps # 71 Stan Jones PSA 7
    1959 Topps #140 Bobby Mitchell PSA 8
    1970 Topps #43 Elvin Bethea PSA 8 - SOLD
    1970 Topps #151 Tom Mack PSA 8
    1972 Topps #93 Ted Hendricks PSA 8
    1984 Topps #129 Dwight Stephenson PSA 8
    1985 Topps # 253 Mike Munchak PSA 9 - SOLD

$100-$200

1956 Topps #44 Joe Schmidt PSA 7
    1963 Topps # 44 David "Deacon" Jones PSA 8 - SOLD
    1963 Topps # 95 Willie Wood PSA 8
    1964 Topps #90 Bobby Bell PSA 8 - SOLD
    1964 Topps #92 Buck Buchanan PSA 8 - SOLD
    1967 Philadelphia # 43 Leroy Kelly PSA 7
    1969 Topps # 120 Larry Csonka PSA 8
    1971 Topps #245 Joe Greene PSA 8
    1973 Topps # 322 Dan Dierdorf PSA 9
    1981 Topps # 316 Dan Hampton PSA 9
    1984 Topps #129 Dwight Stephenson PSA 9
    1984 Topps USFL # 36 Jim Kelly PSA 9
    1984 Topps USFL # 58 Reggie White PSA 9

$200-$300

1948 Leaf #1 Sid Luckman PSA 5 - SOLD
    1951 Bowman # 91 Emlen Tunnell PSA 7
    1955 Topps All-American #28 Mel Hein PSA 8 - SOLD
    1955 Topps All American #64 Benny Friedman PSA 8 - SOLD
    1955 Topps All American # 84 Clarence (Ace) Parker PSA 8 - SOLD
    1956 Topps # 41 Roosevelt Brown PSA 8 - SOLD
    1956 Topps # 47 Bill George PSA 8 - SOLD
    1968 Topps #196 Bob Griese PSA 8 - SOLD

If interested, please e-mail me at vpprotege@aol.com.

Marc.
    SOLD
    Have shine box will travel
    ------------
    BOBBY ORR
    THE BEST THERE WAS!
    THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE!
    ------------
  • Options
    Been looking over some current players, and here are the top 5 guys I think we will possibly need to consider adding to the Future HOF RC set- Modern Players if (BIG IF) they have a Pro Bowl/All-Pro type season in 2007...IMO all of these guys are one more great season away from getting their names in the serious HOF discussion..

1-DT Warren Sapp-12 year career- (7 Pro Bowls, 4 time 1st Team All-Pro, 1 Super Bowl Appearance, Defensive Player of the Year 1999)
    2-OT Walter Jones-10 year career- (7 Pro Bowls, 3 time 1st Team All-Pro, 1 Super Bowl Appearance)
    3-DE Jason Taylor-10 year career- (5 Pro Bowls, 3 time 1st Team All-Pro, Defensive Player of the Year 2006)
    4-S Brian Dawkins-11 year career- (6 Pro Bowls, 3 time 1st Team All-Pro, 1 Super Bowl Appearance)
    5-OG Rueben Brown-12 year career- (9 Pro Bowls, 1 Super Bowl Appearance)

Keep these guys in mind as the 2007 season plays out...

Jason
  • Options

<< <i>Been looking over some current players, and here are the top 5 guys I think we will possibly need to consider adding to the Future HOF RC set- Modern Players if (BIG IF) they have a Pro Bowl/All-Pro type season in 2007...IMO all of these guys are one more great season away from getting their names in the serious HOF discussion..

1-DT Warren Sapp-12 year career- (7 Pro Bowls, 4 time 1st Team All-Pro, 1 Super Bowl Appearance, Defensive Player of the Year 1999)
    2-OT Walter Jones-10 year career- (7 Pro Bowls, 3 time 1st Team All-Pro, 1 Super Bowl Appearance)
    3-DE Jason Taylor-10 year career- (5 Pro Bowls, 3 time 1st Team All-Pro, Defensive Player of the Year 2006)
    4-S Brian Dawkins-11 year career- (6 Pro Bowls, 3 time 1st Team All-Pro, 1 Super Bowl Appearance)
    5-OG Rueben Brown-12 year career- (9 Pro Bowls, 1 Super Bowl Appearance)

Keep these guys in mind as the 2007 season plays out...

Jason >>

Wow, I think there's some surprising stuff in there I didn't know about. I never would have guessed that Ruben Brown has made 9 Pro Bowls. I think Jason Taylor is the biggest lock from that list, IMO...He's had some 'off' years, but his good years were REALLY good...
  • Options

<< <i>

Wow, I think there's some surprising stuff in there I didn't know about. I never would have guessed that Ruben Brown has made 9 Pro Bowls. I think Jason Taylor is the biggest lock from that list, IMO...He's had some 'off' years, but his good years were REALLY good... >>

Yep, Brown went to most of his Pro Bowls with the Bills in the late 1990's...The knock on him is ZERO first team all-pro selections..But if he hits 10 Pro Bowls (and he made his 9th last year with the Bears) I think he becomes a strong candidate...

The best indicator for Taylor (and Walter Jones) is that they are the youngest on that list, and would figure to have the most chances/seasons left to put up another monster year...Sapp got snubbed last year IMO, as he had one of his best seasons..Dawkins also made the Pro Bowl last year, so all these guys have legit chances of having another great season in their careers...

If I had to add a 6th guy, you might be surprised at the name...Alan Faneca, the Steelers OG..In his 9 seasons, he's got 6 Pro Bowls and FIVE 1st Team All-Pro selections...Not to mention the Super Bowl ring...That's alot of 1st Team All-Pro's..The ONLY active players with more? Junior Seau (7) and Larry Allen (6)...Faneca though, I think needs 2 more Pro Bowl seasons to become a serious HOF candidate..

Jason

Jason
  • Options
    If I had to add a 6th guy, you might be surprised at the name...Alan Faneca, the Steelers OG..In his 9 seasons, he's got 6 Pro Bowls and FIVE 1st Team All-Pro selections...Not to mention the Super Bowl ring...That's alot of 1st Team All-Pro's..The ONLY active players with more? Junior Seau (7) and Larry Allen (6)...Faneca though, I think needs 2 more Pro Bowl seasons to become a serious HOF candidate..

It doesn't surprise me. image Faneca's been a stalwart on the Steelers' line since they drafted him. He was very good from the get go. I would like to think he will attain those 2 more Pro Bowl seasons with the Steelers, though. Both he and Polamalu are free agents at the end of the year and the Steelers won't be able to afford both, IMO...
  • Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well since I own the card - Id have t say at least as much as the Wagner PSA 8

>>

At least your card isn't trimmed image

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    what's considered Faneca's best rookie card?
  • Options
    Wow, how ironic that this came out today about Faneca...

Alan Faneca confirmed Friday that he wants out of Pittsburgh.

Faneca wants Derrick Dockery money - or more. As great as a player as he's been, the Steelers are probably right to pass on giving huge money to a 31-year-old. "This will be my last year as a Pittsburgh Steeler," Faneca declared. He said he won't return again until training camp.
    Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Edited to say: I can see a trade coming pretty soon...
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Screw Warren Sapp. He does not deserve to get in, EVER. Okay, I have said my grief. The guy is a JAG but I think his numbers will get him in though. Too bad.
  • Options
    Fanecas best Rookie, I believe, is 1998 Press pass. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Fanecas best Rookie, I believe, is 1998 Press pass. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

image >>

Press Pass is a college card and not available for use in the football HOF and/or key card sets...

I can't remmeber exactly what his RC is..It's like 2001 UD Focus or something like that...

Jason
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Jason,

Do you know what Olin Kreutz's best card is?

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Screw Warren Sapp. He does not deserve to get in, EVER. >>

I agree, and I'm guessing it's the same reason.
  • Options
    Faneca's only 1998 card was from Press Pass, which means you need to jump to 2002 where his only rc i listed as 2002 Upper Deck XL #362 Alan Faneca RC $0.50 $1.25

Olin Kreutz - has two RC's listed.
    2002 NFL Showdown 58 Olin Kreutz RC $0.60 $1.50
    2002 Upper Deck XL 96 Olin Kreutz RC $0.25 $0.60

I have no idea what NFL Showdown is...
  • Options

<< <i>Faneca's only 1998 card was from Press Pass, which means you need to jump to 2002 where his only rc i listed as 2002 Upper Deck XL #362 Alan Faneca RC $0.50 $1.25

Olin Kreutz - has two RC's listed.
    2002 NFL Showdown 58 Olin Kreutz RC $0.60 $1.50
    2002 Upper Deck XL 96 Olin Kreutz RC $0.25 $0.60

I have no idea what NFL Showdown is... >>

Yep, that is the Faneca card I was trying to remember...

Not sure about Kreutz...For the record, I think his HOF chances are pretty low..Center is a tough position, you have to be very dominant for a long period...Kreutz has been a 1st team all-pro just once in his 9 seasons...He does have 6 Pro Bowls, so I guess if he can go to 4 more he might get in the conversation...As far as active OC's go, I would put Mawae ahead of Kreutz in any HOF discussion...Neither of them could hold a candle to Dirt Dawson...

Jason