Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Official Football HOF Rookies Thread**********************************************

Comments

• Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Boy that's depressing....I just realized that from the Sr. list........I only have 3 currently graded...and a few more raw....image >>

I still need 18 of the Seniors...Picked up a PSA 8 1966 Taylor and a PSA 8 1959 Karras in the past 2 days...

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Boy that's depressing....I just realized that from the Sr. list........I only have 3 currently graded...and a few more raw....image >>

I still need 18 of the Seniors...Picked up a PSA 8 1966 Taylor and a PSA 8 1959 Karras in the past 2 days...

Jason >>

Jason
    do you have a link to your lists for all to view? Thank you for all of this, I love this thread

joe
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Jason >>

Jason
    do you have a link to your lists for all to view? Thank you for all of this, I love this thread

joe >>

Every card I own is listed on the Registry...Either in a regular set, or in the Collector's Showcase...

Here are my future HOF RCs:

Future HOFers

Of course, those are only cards that don't fit in to any of my other sets..The other Future HOF RCs are intermixed in my other Registry sets.

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭
    Heritage has a PSA 9 Mac Speedie in their upcoming auction:

Mac 9
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    Jayson question for you.
    If and when any of these players do make the HOF are then then deleated from this set?
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    Yes they will be deleted from either the Sr.'s set or the "future HOF" set..

dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    I'm not familiar with Rich Jackson. Just looked up his stats. Only played 7 years, made 3 just Pro Bowls. Looks pretty ho hum. Obviously there's more to him than that though. What's the story?
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    Here's a nice write up on Jackson, Floyd Little and Gradishar...

Hall of Fame has eluded former Broncos greats
    By Patrick Saunders
    Denver Post Sports Writer
    Sunday, January 25, 2004 -
    In 44 seasons, the Broncos have played 636 regular-season games and 29 playoff games, including six
    Super Bowls. Twice they have carried the Vince Lombardi Trophy home to Denver.
    But after all those games and championships, not a single Bronco is enshrined in the Pro Football Hall
    of Fame.
    Zero. Zilch. Nada.
    The most likely longtime candidates - running back Floyd Little, defensive end Rich "Tombstone"
    Jackson and linebacker Randy Gradishar - seem far removed from being immortalized by a bronze bust.
    Barring an upset of Biblical proportions, former Broncos quarterback John Elway will be elected to the
    Hall of Fame on Saturday in Houston, a day before Super Bowl XXXVIII.
    There is a chance left tackle Gary Zimmerman, Elway's Super Bowl XXXII teammate and one of this
    year's 15 finalists, also will be deemed worthy.
    Elway said he should not be the first Bronco in Canton's hallowed halls. When asked recently who
    should have gone in ahead of him, Elway said: "Floyd Little. If you look at what Floyd Little did for
    Denver and the AFL ... So Floyd Little's No. 1. Randy, No. 2. Randy Gradishar (was) a guy who was so
    mentally far ahead of anybody else, who knew where the ball was going. If you look at him and what
    he did in short-yardage situations, it was unbelievable."
    Little says it's unbelievable no Broncos are in the Hall of Fame.
    "It's totally ridiculous," Little said last week from the office of his car dealership near Seattle. "What
    does that say? I mean, Denver is one of the top franchises but it has no representation? Someone
    needs to sit me down with a hot cup of tea and say, 'Floyd, you don't deserve to be in because.' ... And
    then make me understand."
    Making the cut is tough
    When the 39-member board of selectors meets Saturday, they will consider 15 finalists for induction.
    After plenty of discussion and debate, the 15 will be whittled down to six. The selectors are required to
    pick at least three but not more than six for induction.
    To be elected, a finalist must receive 80 percent of the votes. This year, Elway and former Detroit Lions
    running back Barry Sanders appear to be locks for enshrinement. Good for them, not so good for the
    rest of the field.
    "That leaves only four spots open this year," said longtime Miami Herald sports columnist Edwin Pope,
    who has covered every Super Bowl and been a Hall of Fame selector for 28 years. "Every year it's like
    having 100 more cars looking for the same number of parking spots. It's becoming more and more
    difficult. To me, it's misleading to say: 'Well, why don't the Denver Broncos have someone in there?
    They have been a good franchise.' Well, the team really doesn't have that much to do with the
    selecting. It's the individual player and how he's measured by the selectors that counts. That means
    you need to be a super-superstar to get in."
    Back in the day, Little, the first first-round draft choice signed by Denver, was just that. At least in
    Colorado.
    An original Ring of Fame member and the franchise's saving grace during the lean days of the late
    1960s and early 1970s, Little put up some impressive credentials. He retired in 1975 as the NFL's
    seventh leading rusher with 6,323 yards. The six backs ahead of him on the list at the time - Jim
    Brown, O.J. Simpson, Jim Taylor, Joe Perry, Leroy Kelly and John Henry Johnson - are all in the Hall of
    Fame.
    "It takes a little bit of luck and the right timing to make it," Pope said. "With Floyd, I guess it's just that
    he wasn't quite dominating enough in the big picture."
    Stuck in no-man's land
    Little has theories on why he, Jackson and Gradishar haven't made the grade.
    One is that the Broncos were so bad early in their history that Little and Jackson's feats were
    overlooked. Consider: the Broncos' overall record during Little's career (1967-75) was 47-73-6.
    "It's an indictment on the fact that I played on a team that wasn't any good," Little said. "But the Hall
    of Fame should be based on individual performance, not team performance."
    Theory No. 2 is that Denver in the late 1960s and early 1970s was still thought of as a Rocky Mountain
    cowtown. Media attention was relatively rare and fleeting. That's why few seemed to notice when
    Jackson was voted all-AFL in 1969 when he was credited with 11 sacks and 25 quarterback pressures.
    "You have to remember, we were playing in Denver," said Jackson, now a public school administrator in
    New Orleans. "We were playing in no-man's land as far as the media was concerned."
    Little's third contention is that old-time NFL writers, who dominated the voting for the Hall of Fame
    when he played and during the early years of his retirement, were biased against players who had
    roots in the old AFL - even after the league's merged in 1970.
    Paul Zimmerman, the longtime Sports Illustrated football writer, said that might have been the case at
    one time, but said times have changed.
    "I think that existed previously," Zimmerman said. "But if you look at the age of the selectors now,
    their average age is probably in the 40s somewhere. The old AFL vs. NFL stuff is only remembered by a
    few of us. So I think that's kind of fading. So now, I think you have to blame something else if
    someone doesn't get in."
    Jackson stands tall
    Zimmerman has been on the board of selectors for 14 years and has covered 36 of the previous 37
    Super Bowls. When Zimmerman picked his all-century team, Jackson stood tall.
    "I had Rich Jackson and Deacon Jones as my two best defensive ends of all time," Zimmerman said. "I
    think I would have to say that (former Eagle and Packer) Reggie White was probably better than
    (Jackson), but he's still among my three best ends of all time."

Even though Jackson's career lasted only seven seasons and was marred by a serious knee injury, he is
    Hall-worthy in Dr. Z's eyes.
    "He's a Hall of Famer in my book because he's one of the three greatest I have ever seen," Zimmerman
    said. "I don't care how long he played. He was great. The selectors set up these phony guidelines in
    their minds telling them how many years somebody has to play to qualify. But there are no guidelines
    given by the Hall, just the greatness."
    As for Little's Hall of Fame credentials, Zimmerman said: "It's all about who you come up against. If
    you come up against players with bigger numbers, you get lost. They rely on numbers. There are a lot
    of great running backs. So for Little it's always been, yes-but, yes-but. They'll say, 'He was a great
    player, but look who we've got this year.' It's always the competition that shuts some guys out."
    Compared to the 38 current Hall of Fame running backs, Little ranks 15th in rushing yardage, 10th in
    receiving yards, third in kickoff returns and fourth in punt returns. More than that, he was the Broncos'
    heart and soul.
    It will be tougher than ever for Little or Jackson to make it. Both are more than 25 years removed from
    the game. That means they must first be selected by the nine-person senior selectors committee. In
    years past, only one senior candidate was chosen each year, but that candidate needed only a rubber
    stamp from the board of 39 Hall of Fame selectors.
    This year, the rules changed to include two seniors for consideration. However, the two senior
    candidates will be thrown into the same pool with the 13 other finalists. That means it's possible no
    senior candidates will be elected Saturday.
    Gradishar still has a shot
    Gradishar has an easier road to Canton. He made the list of 15 finalists in 2003, only to be omitted
    from this year's group. But rule changes have helped Gradishar's cause. A player now is considered a
    "modern era" candidate for 25 years after his final NFL season, giving Gradishar four more years.
    Beginning in 2009, he would need to be nominated by the senior committee.
    Gradishar still is on the radar screen. The Broncos' inside linebacker from 1974-83 played in seven Pro
    Bowls and finished his career with a franchise-record 2,049 tackles. He never missed a game in his 10-
    year career, led the Broncos to their first Super Bowl in 1977 and was named the NFL's defensive
    player of the year in 1978.
    "I don't know if I use the word 'deserve' about my going into the Hall of Fame," Gradishar said. "But I
    think my statistics, my numbers, are very favorable."
    Gradishar's main competition comes from former New York Giants linebacker Harry Carson, who played
    from 1976-88 and was a nine-time Pro Bowl selection. Carson automatically made the final 15 this year
    because he was one of the final six last year.
    "You have two 3-4 inside backers right now, and Harry Carson has more support than Gradishar does,"
    Zimmerman said. "Once we clear away Harry, I think Gradi- shar will make it. But we have to get Harry
    in there first."
    Making the Hall of Fame is a game in and of itself.
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Is anyone interested in a PSA Otis Taylor PSA 8 rc?

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options

<< <i>Is anyone interested in a PSA Otis Taylor PSA 8 rc?

Regards,

Greg M. >>

I picked one up a few days ago for $50, otherwise I would be...How much are you asking?

Jason
  • Options
    Jason,

$50 sounds cheap. I was thinking around $80. What do you think about the Tingelhoff rc that sold for $100 today? I saw that you were bidding and was surprised that you didn't go after it a little harder.

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>Jason,

$50 sounds cheap. I was thinking around $80. What do you think about the Tingelhoff rc that sold for $100 today? I saw that you were bidding and was surprised that you didn't go after it a little harder.

Regards,

Greg M. >>

I'll have to pass at $80...I would be buying it for my friend in Iraq Gswass (Glenn's HOFers on the HOF RC set), same for the Tingelhoff...I already own that card in PSA 9, was trying to pick up the 8 for him...

Jason
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I picked my Taylor up a couple weeks ago for $56. I also picked up my Johnny Robinson PSA 8 a couple weeks back. Seller was asking for $65 BIN, I offered $40 and he accepted. Then as luck would have it, both of these guys were added to this set. image I was actually kinda bummed for a couple days that I had even bought these as I then got offered a couple other cards for my HOF set that I had to pass on. I don't feel quite as bad now.

$100 for the PSA 8 Tingelhoff is a reasonable price. It'll be a steal if he makes the hall next year. The first one I ever bid on went that high to MAD. Then I was bidding on a 9 and didn't think anyone else cared about it and I lost out by a couple bucks. Finally another 9 showed up and I bid (strongly I thought) and Jason had to squash me from that one. Then yak put up an 8 with a BIN of $80 and I snatched it up. So now a very nice 8 sits in my collection.

Greg, did you get a PSA 9 Otis Taylor or do you have dupes?

Oh and you'll appreciate this, I picked up just a few more Randles. As if I didn't send in enough last time. image
  • Options

<< <i>

Oh and you'll appreciate this, I picked up just a few more Randles. As if I didn't send in enough last time. image >>

I think the 1991 Randle is going to be a POP 50 in PSA 10 by the end of 2007..lol..You aren't the only one with a bunch of raw ones..They are almost always in PSA 10 condition if you get them from their little update packages...

A lot of the Senior rookies are fairly cheap, but some (like the 48 Leaf Conerly) are going to be super expensive...In the modern rookies the only real expensive one I still need is the Tom Brady RC..Which I just can't bring myself to spend $700+ on for a PSA 9 from 2000...

Jason

• Options
    I couldn't let the Tingelhoff pass especially since I am getting close to completing my Vikes All-Time Set.

I have to agree with Envoy when I started to expand to the Team Sets I figured it would be a nice collection but I added the following cards without thoughts of them fitting anywhere else:

1957 Butler 8
    1959 Karras 9
    1959 Lipscomb 9
    1966 Taylor 9
    1967 Hanburger 8
    1967 Jordan 9
    1968 Russell 10
    1971 Parrish 8
    1975 Harris 9

In the past week -

1955 Wilson 7
    1963 Marshall 8
    1966 Hayes 8
    1967 Nobis 7
    1967 Robinson 9
    1968 Little 8

I think I have a Kramer 8 and if I have anything else, I'll let you know

I also may have some modern extras. I'll check and see if anyone wants/needs them.

Marc.
    Have shine box will travel
    ------------
    BOBBY ORR
    THE BEST THERE WAS!
    THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE!
    ------------
  • Options
    Marc, did you pick up the Robinson 9 from Triple S? I put an order in on Sunday, and they told me someone beat me to it on Friday. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Oh and you'll appreciate this, I picked up just a few more Randles. As if I didn't send in enough last time. image >>

I think the 1991 Randle is going to be a POP 50 in PSA 10 by the end of 2007..lol..You aren't the only one with a bunch of raw ones..They are almost always in PSA 10 condition if you get them from their little update packages...

A lot of the Senior rookies are fairly cheap, but some (like the 48 Leaf Conerly) are going to be super expensive...In the modern rookies the only real expensive one I still need is the Tom Brady RC..Which I just can't bring myself to spend $700+ on for a PSA 9 from 2000...

Jason >>

Ahem... I think it'll be over 50. I have nearly twice that many sitting in my next sub and I have 15 or 20 sitting there now. I graded anything that looked like a 9 or better. I do expect a bunch of 10's though. I'll hold on to most all of them though. I need one for my Vikings set and I promised one to Greg. I'll probably sell off any 8's that I get and all of the solid 9's, keeping the 10's til he hits the hall. The price on 10's is still very solid, even 9's do well. All but 3 of the ones I've ever purchased have come from the sets. I found a guy that had 71 of them, so I bought them all. image I don't remember the last time I had a 100ct lot of anybody. 1988 Matt Nokes maybe? lol
  • Options
    Shag --

Yes, it was me.

Marc.
    ------------
    BOBBY ORR
    THE BEST THERE WAS!
    ------------
  • Options
    I picked up a 67 SGC 88 Nobis Tuesday, BIN $20. I am hoping it will cross to an 8. It looks pretty well centered.
    Collector of NFL HOF RC's & Brian Urlacher
  • Options
    Nice pickup.. thats a steal..

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    Tough to tell from the scan, but the centering is good enough for an 8. It should cross.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    Yep, should be a nice price if it crosses to PSA 8...$20 is probably actually pretty close to PSA 7 price...

I've got a couple of new availables that are needed for the Future HOF RC set (Modern) if anyone is interested:

PSA 9 1989 Score Supplemental Dermontti Dawson
    PSA 9 1995 SP Curtis Martin

Still have these as well:
    PSA 9 1986 Topps Andre Reed
    PSA 9 1984 Topps Darrell Green
    PSA 8 1997 SP Authentic Tiki Barber
    PSA 9 1999 SP Authentic Torry Holt

Not to mention a couple of new HOF RCs:

PSA 7 1951 Bowman Ernie Stautner
    PSA 10 1989 Score Bruce Matthews

Scans and prices of most of these can be seen here: Trade/Sale Inventory

Anyone interested can PM me or e-mail me at jabeduco@yahoo.com. Always willing to trade for cards I need as well...

Jason
  • Options
    Was looking over my tracking sheet today and thought I would throw this out. Here's a list of HOF RCs that are truly the hardest to find..Some are low pop, others aren't..But NONE of these cards have sold at auction in at least the past 6 months if not longer. Not that I have record of anyway...

1948 Bowman Bulldog Turner PSA 7+
    1948 Leaf Sid Luckman PSA 6+
    1948 Leaf Doak Walker PSA 7+
    1948 Leaf Bobby Layne PSA 7+
    1948 Leaf Bob Waterfield PSA 7+
    1948 Leaf George McAfee PSA 7+
    1948 Leaf Leo Nomellini PSA 6+
    1948 Leaf Chuck Bednarik PSA 6+
    1950 Bowman YA Tittle PSA 8+
    1950 Bowman Joe Perry PSA 8+
    1950 Bowman Marion Motley PSA 8+
    1950 Bowman Dante Lavelli PSA 8+
    1951 Bowman Ernie Stautner PSA 8+
    1955 Bowman Jim Ringo PSA 8+
    1955 Topps All-American Fats Henry PSA 8+
    1956 Topps Bill George PSA 8+
    1956 Topps Stan Jones PSA 8+
    1957 Topps Raymond Berry PSA 8+
    1962 Topps Mike Ditka PSA 8+
    1963 Fleer Nick Buoniconti PSA 8+
    1966 Philadelphia Bob Brown PSA 8+
    1967 Philadelphia Leroy Kelly PSA 8+
    1970 Topps Elvin Bethea PSA 9+
    1971 Topps Joe Greene PSA 9+
    1972 Topps Charlie Joiner PSA 9+

Anyone have info on any auctions for these card recently that I might have missed?

I think every one of these will sell very high if/when they eventually come available because of the limited availability. Some of these are not super low pop, so not sure why they don't show up more often..

Jason

• Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    A friend of mine picked up a Ringo PSA 8 in December or November in a buy-it-now for only $500. It was an Ebay auction that only made it 3-4 hours.
  • Options

<< <i>A friend of mine picked up a Ringo PSA 8 in December or November in a buy-it-now for only $500. It was an Ebay auction that only made it 3-4 hours. >>

Steal of the century...lol

I don't usually track BIN's, especially if they are gone quickly before I can put them on my watch list...

It would sell more than double that at auction....Even in Nov/Dec of last year...

Jason
  • Options
    J I think i have a extra 66 Taylor let me check when i get back home will let you know

Always happy to help 1 of our guys over seas
  • Options
    Anyone interested in the Baugh PSA 8 on Ebay?
    ------------
    BOBBY ORR
    THE BEST THERE WAS!
    ------------
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone interested in the Baugh PSA 8 on Ebay? >>

Interested yes, but I also like to feed my family. 8 large for that, that cant be normal

joe
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Indeed. I'm interested about the same way I'm interested in having dinner with Rosario Dawson.
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone interested in the Baugh PSA 8 on Ebay? >>

Way out of my price hemisphere..I'll stick with my PSA 7..lol

Jason
  • Options
    OK I get it. Was just inquiring, you guys can allay the sarchasm.

BTW, the Baugh 8 in Robert Edwards Auction finished at 11k plus the 17.5%. Granted it looked a lot better than the one on Ebay and I believe Jason's 7 looked pretty close to the 8 Ebay.

I admit my high bid in Robert Edwards was only 7k.

I guess I will have to avoid using euphemisms like "interested" and flat out ask if anyone is going to bid on something. This was obviously a card that not a lot of people would be biddinbg on and that is why I asked.

I would not ask the question about obvious cards where bidding will be taking place. For example has anyone seen that....

Ha, only kidding. I don't want to be bringing everyone's attention to cards that might have been overlooked. As Jason pointed out previously in this thread there is no reason to be using a bull horn to announce cards that others might not have seen.

Marc.
    ------------
    BOBBY ORR
    THE BEST THERE WAS!
    ------------
  • Options
    Jason --

How would you compare your 7 (not considering the holder of course) to the 8 that was up on Ebay?

Marc.
    ------------
    BOBBY ORR
    THE BEST THERE WAS!
    ------------
  • Options

<< <i>Jason --

How would you compare your 7 (not considering the holder of course) to the 8 that was up on Ebay?

Marc. >>

• Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>OK I get it. Was just inquiring, you guys can allay the sarchasm. >>

Actually, I'm glad you brought it up. I hadn't seen it, and it's a beauty.
  • Options

<< <i>Was looking over my tracking sheet today and thought I would throw this out. Here's a list of HOF RCs that are truly the hardest to find..Some are low pop, others aren't..But NONE of these cards have sold at auction in at least the past 6 months if not longer. Not that I have record of anyway...

1948 Bowman Bulldog Turner PSA 7+
    1948 Leaf Sid Luckman PSA 6+
    1948 Leaf Doak Walker PSA 7+
    1948 Leaf Bobby Layne PSA 7+
    1948 Leaf Bob Waterfield PSA 7+
    1948 Leaf George McAfee PSA 7+
    1948 Leaf Leo Nomellini PSA 6+
    1948 Leaf Chuck Bednarik PSA 6+
    1950 Bowman YA Tittle PSA 8+
    1950 Bowman Joe Perry PSA 8+
    1950 Bowman Marion Motley PSA 8+
    1950 Bowman Dante Lavelli PSA 8+
    1951 Bowman Ernie Stautner PSA 8+
    1955 Bowman Jim Ringo PSA 8+
    1955 Topps All-American Fats Henry PSA 8+
    1956 Topps Bill George PSA 8+
    1956 Topps Stan Jones PSA 8+
    1957 Topps Raymond Berry PSA 8+
    1962 Topps Mike Ditka PSA 8+
    1963 Fleer Nick Buoniconti PSA 8+
    1966 Philadelphia Bob Brown PSA 8+
    1967 Philadelphia Leroy Kelly PSA 8+
    1970 Topps Elvin Bethea PSA 9+
    1971 Topps Joe Greene PSA 9+
    1972 Topps Charlie Joiner PSA 9+

Anyone have info on any auctions for these card recently that I might have missed?

I think every one of these will sell very high if/when they eventually come available because of the limited availability. Some of these are not super low pop, so not sure why they don't show up more often..

Jason >>

Didn't Jon win his PSA 6 Bednarik off ebay a few months back? Seems to me it went in the $1800-2300 range, but I don't keep nearly as good of records as you do so I could be mistaken. The PSA 5 Nomellini went for nearly $600 last night to a board member. I wanted that card more than the Baugh 5 and Berry 7 and it went way over what I thought it would bring. (I figured $350-450) so I backed off the Berry and Baugh. Should've left my snipe in on the Berry.

I own a PSA 8 Bill George and was always curious what it would sell for. I paid $14 for it raw at the Nationals 2 years ago. Took me a year to submit it too and it came back an 8. Currently pop 70 w/ 12 higher. SMR is $90 but I figured it would go substantially higher than that. Haven't seen one though.

• Options
    Its possible Josh..I don't catch everything, only 99%....lol

On a VERY BRIGHT NOTE, I am FINALLY back to 100% on my NFL HOF RC set...Took just short of 5 months, but I went from 74% after the mini sell-off back to 100%...Some of the cards I was lacking are/were some of the toughest around..So thanks to all who helped me get back to where I belong..lol

Obviously, I'm still missing quite a few of the more highly graded cards that I more than likely will never own again, simply because they are impossible to find..But I'll keep upgrading where I can..But it's a great feeling to be the 2nd collector to reach 100% after the most recent HOF inductions...I'll never catch fight4olddc or MOSH, and there are others climbing the ranks that will most likely surpass me. For me though, the competition is with myself and my collecting goals. I'll never look upon anyone else on the set as adversaries, but rather teammates working towards the same goal.

Jason

• Options

<< <i>Its possible Josh..I don't catch everything, only 99%....lol

On a VERY BRIGHT NOTE, I am FINALLY back to 100% on my NFL HOF RC set...Took just short of 5 months, but I went from 74% after the mini sell-off back to 100%...Some of the cards I was lacking are/were some of the toughest around..So thanks to all who helped me get back to where I belong..lol

Obviously, I'm still missing quite a few of the more highly graded cards that I more than likely will never own again, simply because they are impossible to find..But I'll keep upgrading where I can..But it's a great feeling to be the 2nd collector to reach 100% after the most recent HOF inductions...I'll never catch fight4olddc or MOSH, and there are others climbing the ranks that will most likely surpass me. For me though, the competition is with myself and my collecting goals. I'll never look upon anyone else on the set as adversaries, but rather teammates working towards the same goal.

Jason >>

Congrats Jason, I just saw you got that Lou Creekmur psa 8, and didnt waste any time adding it to the registry I might add.

joe
  • Options
    Congrats Jason. I hope to join you someday. It's going to take me a lot more than 5 more months and I'm near 80%. Even still, I won't be anywhere near you, probably not even top 10. But it will be a great feeling of accomplishment if and when I make it.

Dave needs to watch out though, I'm .01 behind him. image I want my coveted #17 spot back. lol image

I feel the same way about this set as well, definitely feels more like a team working towards common goals than it does a competition. Though I do always get excited about moving up a spot in any set. I continue to enjoy this set every time I look at it.

Since we're teammates here, anybody have a PSA 10 Tim Brown? I have a stupid 8 sitting in my sets... I know he's not a HOF'er yet, but it's one that eludes me. Also if anyone is interested, I have a PSA 6 Len Ford, PSA 7 Largent and PSA 9 Irvin available.

• Options
    Congrat Jason!!! I'm glad you made it back to 100%. I can not image the feeling of reaching that goal. I'm at 80% and looking foward in 5 or 10 years to being 100%!!
    Collector of NFL HOF RC's & Brian Urlacher
  • Options
    Congrats (again) Jason !!

You have "reassembled" a VERY nice set !!

Gabbs

1963 Deacon Jones PSA 7 on ebay now if anyone needs one for their HOF set
    Normally goes for $40 - $50

ebay ID vianneyvbcoach
  • Options
    I love 20 cent listing day.....

Hickerson 8

Shaw 7

Not a bad little profit. Now, What to buy........image

Dave

BTW....CONGRATS JASON!!!!!!!

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    Dead on market price for the Hickerson at $400, WOW on the Shaw 7...I had a feeling it would go high since none had been listed in awhile, but $291 is way higher than I would have imagined..I guess I'll never get my PSA 8 back barring a miracle...I paid $100 for a Shaw 7 about a month ago in an offline deal.

Congrats Dave. Good to hear you are doing the right thing which is putting the money back into the card fund...lol..I sold everything I listed during $.20 cent day as well except my 1973 Jack Ham 10 and my 1999 SP Torry Holt 9...I spent all of that money last night on the PSA 8 1951 Creekmur!

Jason

• Options
    Cool congrats on the Ham! Did you get the 3K for it??

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    Now if I can get this one to sell, I'll move up to the top 10........image

Link

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Cool congrats on the Ham! Did you get the 3K for it?? >>

No, I sold everything EXCEPT the Ham and the Holt which I still own...I had some offers on the Ham, but not willing to give it up for less than $2800..Not with Lambert and Riggins PSA 10's selling for $4500...I will sell it eventually..Same with the Holt, if I have to sell it for less than I paid, then I just assume hold on to it. He has a good chance of making the WR set next year, and when he eventually does I think I will be able to sell quickly for $90..All of the others I listed (about 6-7) all sold with BIN's.

Jason
  • Options
    Gotcha. I missed the Except part..

Dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    I have a PSA 8 Jerry Kramer rc ending tonight under greg_n_meg. I will offer 1/2 shipping for all CU members.

E-Bay Auctions

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Wish I had seen this last night Greg, I would've bid more than $55 on it.

Anybody know who melomelisa is on ebay? I'm assuming it's a registry member.

Great sells too Dave! I hope the couple raw Hickerson's I have coming in at least net me a 7.

Oh and Greg, I finally snagged a Buoniconti in a 7. I see there is one listed now as well, unless you upped your want to an 8 now. I know you were looking for one for quite some time.

..and Dave, thanks for not adding the Hickerson 8 to your set. I'm now ahead of you by .01. image Albeit for a short time I am sure.
  • Options
    Thanks, The good news is that there is a big gap between 18 and 19. I only have 2 cards won that are not entered yet. A 50 Groza 5 that I won 2 weeks ago, still havn't recieved, and seller is not answering emails. I may have to file a claim on that one. Also a PSA 6 Weinmeister.

Dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    Post #1000 in 4 and a half months!!

I guess there is some interest in this set after all!!

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!