Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official Football HOF Rookies Thread**********************************************

Comments

• Haven't posted on here in a while. My two year old twins (Connor and Alexis) are keeping me plenty busy. Have a 1967 Hanburger PSA 8, Several 1952 Richters (PSA 6 small and Large and a nicely centered PSA 7 large), 2002 Chrome Ed Reed PSA 10 on Fleebay with some other cards I've picked up including a PSA 10 1987 Michael Jordan 2nd year and a 1957 Ted Williams PSA 6. Check em out. Reaaly did well on my free gradings.

I agree with the comments on the "discussions". We all have votes, we've used them in the past and will continue. We are all different people, with different personality and goals. Please try and take the high road as this thread and set are really highlights of football card collecting, especially in this economy!

Hope to make it for the Luncheon for the first time as well. Hope to meet some of you in person.
  • thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It's just that in an earlier point you said that selecting a card because PSA 10s of it are more common would ruin the set. >>

Never once said this. Please copy and past where I posted that.

jason >>

2/27/11 you said "To select a LESS valuable card simply because it's pretty or because it is in a set where finding PSA 10's is common would have ruined this set".

Looks like everyone here said what they needed to say on the subject. Just thought I should tie up this loose end. I'll idiocally go back to my village now. I'm not nearly surly or vintage enough to hang in these sorts of discussions, anyway.

Fantastic Warner card, btw! Too bad the Tony Horne is the key card forever.
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭✭
    Bill, were you as shocked at the price of your raw Hutchinson RC as the rest of us were?
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Yeah, I couldn't believe it. I was out of town working 20 hr days and my significant other called me. After 5 minutes of CPR, they were able to save me. I almost bought the last PSA 9 on ebay, I think Tom had it, kicking myself. Are the rookie cards in that set limited? I've searched everywhere and everyone I know looking for another to no avail.
  • JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>It's just that in an earlier point you said that selecting a card because PSA 10s of it are more common would ruin the set. >>

Never once said this. Please copy and past where I posted that.

jason >>

2/27/11 you said "To select a LESS valuable card simply because it's pretty or because it is in a set where finding PSA 10's is common would have ruined this set".

Looks like everyone here said what they needed to say on the subject. Just thought I should tie up this loose end. I'll idiocally go back to my village now. I'm not nearly surly or vintage enough to hang in these sorts of discussions, anyway.

Fantastic Warner card, btw! Too bad the Tony Horne is the key card forever. >>

Apparently reading comprehension isn't good enough to hang in these discussions either.

Still waiting to see where I said SELECTING a specific PSA 10 CARD because THE CARD is more common would ruin the set... Certainly not what I said on 2/27/2011. You must have missed the whole "LESS valuable" and "because it is in a set" parts...Meaning selecting a card the is LESS VALUABLE, but you pick it because you prefer 2002 Topps Chrome and/or becaue it is part of that set...would ruin the set...So sad I needed to spell this out...

Nice try though.

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
    I bought a box a few years back, but no luck on the Hutchinson.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Jesus Jason. Let it go. Let.... one.... thing.... go....

Collecting HOF RC's in hockey, baseball, football and basketball. A fool's errand some have said.
  • Bloody Wikipedia! All these modern lists seem to be dominated by modern players -- coincidence?

I never saw Parker play but I wouldn't disagree if he was #1. I have a huge issue with putting Flutie at #1 since he played in the CFL era that was completely watered down by the NFL attracting the top talent.

Moon played 6 years and won 5 Grey Cups. Then went on to have a HOF career in the NFL. I believe he was the last truly great player in the CFL. But Flutie was fun to watch and that's what keeps the league going. Plenty of big plays and lots of passing.

Damn, now I've got to add the CFL cards onto my list of collecting goals. Should be fun though.
    Collecting HOF RC's in hockey, baseball, football and basketball. A fool's errand some have said.
  • JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jesus Jason. Let it go. Let.... one.... thing.... go.... >>

Doing my best Vince...But I'm not going to be mis-quoted on something I said weeks ago, when the point was to dredge it up and throw it in my face (mistakenly I might add), and let that go...Prior to it, had "let it go"...

If attacked, I will defend. Sorry man.

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Doc1962Doc1962 Posts: 203 ✭✭
    Well the countdown begins, do you guys think we will have a seaon or not????? The Billionaires vs. the Millionaires, greed isn't always good.

Doc
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    I got an interesting thing in the mail from ebay the other day. I was a program from a Sept 1994 Packers vs Bucs game. Inside was an insert (multi-page) on the 75th Ann Team. It has little bio's on all players. I havent had a chance to read it fully. But if people are interested in it I would be willing to scan and provide a PDF to those that would like to see it. PM if your interested.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Scan it in Jay, that would be cool to see
  • BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭
    Just got this in today...

Can someone help me with the pop report in PSA for 8 and higher on this card?

Also got this in a while back...

I have a PSA 6 for sale in the Matson if anyone is interested.
  • DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    Very nice!

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭✭
    That Gino is simply spectacular.

Is there a 9 out there?
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets

<< <i>That Gino is simply spectacular.

Is there a 9 out there? >>

-------------------------------------------

Thanks! In SGC there are 2 8.5's with none higher....does anyone know the pop report in PSA for the Marchetti?
  • cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Sweet Gino RC!

PSA pop shows (for '52 Bowman Large)
    149 total graded
    2 PSA 9
    1 PSA 9 w/Q
    21 PSA 8
    3 PSA 8 w/q
    2 PSA 7.5
    32 PSA 7
    Anyone have any HOF RCs avaiable? I havn't upgraded anything in a while.

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • I have a 1983 Topps Marcus Allen PSA 10 for $190 if anyone is interested. Its on ebay.

Thanks
    Mike
  • CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭
    Mine are all available

Fletch
    Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
    What is your set named?

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭
    The Fletcher Collection
    Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • Nice looking 5, Ryan!
    I reduced the Battles to $320 if any one is interested.
  • I don't have these in hand yet, but just a feeler to see if any interest in these recent pops before ebay. Let me know
    thanks,
    Mike

GEM MINT 10 2002 TOPPS CHROME 208 EDWARD REED
    MINT 9 2002 TOPPS CHROME 208 EDWARD REED
    what are you asking for them?
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets

• << <i>what are you asking for them? >>

taking offers right now.
  • I do have these in hand now. Taking offers if anyone is interested.

MINT 9 2002 TOPPS CHROME 208 EDWARD REED SOLD
    Does Anyone have a Nagurski Chicle in PSA or SGC available for sale? Email me at rymadison@AOL.com with asking price and grade.

<< <i>I do have these in hand now. Taking offers if anyone is interested.

MINT 9 2002 TOPPS CHROME 208 EDWARD REED >>

Be VERY wary of Celts. He is Tim Mastin, the guy that faked his death on this site some years ago trying to get $5000 cash out of us. There are three or four threads exposing him out there.

This alone will explain most of it.

thread exposing Celts

• << <i>

Be VERY wary of Celts. He is Tim Mastin, the guy that faked his death on this site some years ago trying to get $5000 cash out of us. There are three or four threads exposing him out there.

thread exposing Celts >>

No need to worry...Whatever delusional stories Favrefan dreams up in his head, will have no bearing my ebay account, facebook account or my personal being. I will maintain my high seller rating on ebay. By the way favrefan, are you happy exposing all of my personal information on this board. Creating images from satellite imaging and posting them, as well as my address and facebook account (you and your followers). Please be careful what you say or post on this board. I would really hate to see this thread go poof because of your idiosyncrasy. For all those who have purchased from me, all of your cards are shipped as well as tracking number supplied. Whether it may be ebay or through paypal.
    Thank you
    Just be careful if you enter in a transaction with this guy. I will explain offline if anyone needs more information on this guy.

• << <i>Just be careful if you enter in a transaction with this guy. I will explain offline if anyone needs more information on this guy. >>

Please do contact him. He knows everything! LMAO!!! I have had far too many positive transactions for you to screw things up for me, but good luck to you. Ebay and PSA have been contacted Troy, so we will see what happens.
  • gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Just be careful if you enter in a transaction with this guy. I will explain offline if anyone needs more information on this guy. >>

Please do contact him. He knows everything! LMAO!!! I have had far too many positive transactions for you to screw things up for me, but good luck to you. Ebay and PSA have been contacted Troy, so we will see what happens. >>

Well, Tim, are you still glad you contacted PSA...especially now that it appears YOUR account was removed? Feel free to respond from your next alt account. image

As for those who would deal with Tim Mastin (ebay id: cincy_celts), I would recommend that you tread lightly. He has already faked his death once and said nothing to me when he saw I was leading fundraising efforts to raise over $5000 for his "widow" and their children. By failing to respond to PMs, phone calls and voice mails to tell me of his mistake and instead sitting back waiting for the windfall of cash, I think Tim's true colors show through. Now he says all of these things are in Troy's head, taking no responsibility for his unethical and downright abhorrent behavior. I doubt many here would be interested in dealing with someone who was willing to do such things, so I just thouht id do my part to warn anyone else who might be his next target.
    I'm looking for a PSA 9 1999 SP Champ Bailey. If you have one for sale, hit me up.
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭
    Did any of you guys win the 82 Lott from pristine_paper?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Here's to the winner of the Larry Little rookie. I can just hope that you are as much of a Dolphin fan as I am. image
    Any team on any given Sunday, can beat any other team...unless they were playing the Miami Dolphins in 1972.

• << <i>

thread exposing Celts >>

If anyone is interested in buying any of the four cards listed above, of course there is a VERY easy way to NOT get ripped off by this guy. He SAYS he is honorable and you WILL get the card. Fine, make him prove it. After you make a deal, HE sends YOU the card FIRST. After you get it, THEN you pay him.
    On another thread on this board, a new person who I did not know, with only a couple of posts, said that they had a signed Bill Hewitt photo. I wanted to buy it, but didn't know for sure if he was for real, or someone trying to scam me or another potential buyer. We agreed on a price, HE mailed me the photo, ( which is FANTASTIC ) then I sent him a MoneyOrder for the full amount of our agreed upon price. Nowhere is it written that you must pay for an item before the seller mails it to you. If the buyer is a honest buyer and a LEGIT person on this board, and the seller is some unknown, or a person of QUESTIONABLE integrity, THEY can make the first move ( mailing the item ). Then you pay for it.
    By the way, just to clarify, I have NEVER met Tim Mastin, NEVER heard of him until reading this thread, and have NEVER bought anything from him on Ebay. If he did what is alleged here, those actions are DEPLORABLE. Just wanted to make a suggestion if a fellow collector wants to own any of those cards, and would be taking ZERO risk of getting ripped off by him.
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

thread exposing Celts >>

If anyone is interested in buying any of the four cards listed above, of course there is a VERY easy way to NOT get ripped off by this guy. He SAYS he is honorable and you WILL get the card. Fine, make him prove it. After you make a deal, HE sends YOU the card FIRST. After you get it, THEN you pay him.
    On another thread on this board, a new person who I did not know, with only a couple of posts, said that they had a signed Bill Hewitt photo. I wanted to buy it, but didn't know for sure if he was for real, or someone trying to scam me or another potential buyer. We agreed on a price, HE mailed me the photo, ( which is FANTASTIC ) then I sent him a MoneyOrder for the full amount of our agreed upon price. Nowhere is it written that you must pay for an item before the seller mails it to you. If the buyer is a honest buyer and a LEGIT person on this board, and the seller is some unknown, or a person of QUESTIONABLE integrity, THEY can make the first move ( mailing the item ). Then you pay for it.
    By the way, just to clarify, I have NEVER met Tim Mastin, NEVER heard of him until reading this thread, and have NEVER bought anything from him on Ebay. If he did what is alleged here, those actions are DEPLORABLE. Just wanted to make a suggestion if a fellow collector wants to own any of those cards, and would be taking ZERO risk of getting ripped off by him.
    Rocke >>

I actually bought one of these cards from him before all this information came out. Information came out the day after I bought the card. Got the card the next business day no problem. Figured I would though.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
    Made a significant purchase (well significant to me) for my Pro Football HOF Set. I picked up a Ken Strong 1935 Chicle from DAVEMRI. PSA 2. I will post up a scan of the front but I have one of the back now.

Here you go!

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • recbballrecbball Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭
    That's a nice looking 2.

I upgraded two of my National Chicles and have the following for sale here:

1935 National Chicle Cliff Battles #10 PSA 4 $150.00 Delivered

1935 National Chicle Turk Edwards #11 PSA 4 $150.00 Delivered
    Thanks Dave! Hopefully the page turn will work soon and others can see my first non Packer Chicle.
  • PubliusPublius Posts: 1,306 ✭✭

Sorry I havent' posted in awhile guys, apparently my old signature line offended a few people and I got myself bammed. image

What did I miss? Anyone going to the royal wedding tomorrow?

Welcome back mr publius.
    I didn't realize u got bammed...just that u forgot us little people.

Wise words some of our founding father's decreed upon our sad souls.......

P political
    S statements
    A Are not allowed

As far as the wedding I Declined to 10 downing st as I didn't appreciate the BYOB inscription.
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    So, how come Todd Christensen gets no love for the HOF? He was a monster for a good 5-6 years at that position. He was sandwiched between Winslow and Ozzie so his name does not come up that often. I think he will get a decent shot on the senior slot? What do you think?
    I think that Christensen falls just a hair short of the Hall of Fame, but I do agree that he should at least be recognized more as a candidate.
  • dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think that Christensen falls just a hair short of the Hall of Fame, but I do agree that he should at least be recognized more as a candidate. >>

Jerry Smith and Keith Jackson were other stand out TE's but I'm guessing neither has a shot at the HOF.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
    Anybody have an extra (centered) PSA 9 '70 Page for sale? Shoot me a PM if you do. Thanks.

Andy