Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official Football HOF Rookies Thread**********************************************

Comments

• So Iam working on the future HOF rookies and I was following the 2002 Upper Deck XL Alan Fancea rookie.... It went for $76... REALLY!? What the hell over?
    Anybody else see this? Crazy!
  • FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>BTW, my least favorite card in this set has to be the Jim Taylor RC....it's not even him! >>

yep. I have to agree, as an LSU fan that hurts too. One of the greatest players ever to go to your school and his rookie card is of some other Jim Taylor. >>

Yes, the Taylor is the worst by far. when Jay and I put the Packer Of set together we included the 1961 Tops so the right guy is pictured.
  • JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>BTW, my least favorite card in this set has to be the Jim Taylor RC....it's not even him! >>

yep. I have to agree, as an LSU fan that hurts too. One of the greatest players ever to go to your school and his rookie card is of some other Jim Taylor. >>

Yes, the Taylor is the worst by far. when Jay and I put the Packer Of set together we included the 1961 Tops so the right guy is pictured. >>

Unfortunately Beckett doesn't see it that way. So no chance of ever changing the Taylor on the HOF RC set. I agree, that card has always been one of the quirks...

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, the Taylor is the worst by far. when Jay and I put the Packer Of set together we included the 1961 Tops so the right guy is pictured. >>

Isn't the fleer the more valuable of the 2?

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well to change the subject. I hit a mini-milestone today. I added my 100th Card to my HOF Registry.

1970 Topps Alan Page (I thought this was a nice 8)

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
    Congrats. Only 6 more cards until half way!

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!

<< <i>

<< <i>Yes, the Taylor is the worst by far. when Jay and I put the Packer Of set together we included the 1961 Tops so the right guy is pictured. >>

Isn't the fleer the more valuable of the 2? >>

Many people think the 61 Fleer set in general is more valuable. Many cards are not higher in value compared to the Topps set. If you VCP the Taylor, the Topps has been getting more money for the all of the years shown. A Fleer PSA 8 has sold for over $80 four times since 2006 and the Topps has sold for over $80 eight times. The PSA 9's don't have a lot of sales but the Topps has sold for 15-25% more during the same time. This was brought up when we created the set and we came up with the Topps card due to the value of the PSA 8 on previous Ebay sales.
    Cool. Thats news to me. I just assumed fleer was higher. I wonder how the Otto and Maynard compare. If they are similar, I wouldnt be oppossed to the "OR" option.

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Cool. Thats news to me. I just assumed fleer was higher. I wonder how the Otto and Maynard compare. If they are similar, I wouldnt be oppossed to the "OR" option. >>

Same here, I always assumed the 1961 Fleer Taylor was more valuable as well. I picked-up a 1961 Topps Taylor for my PC well before I even started the set b/c I wanted a "rookie card" that actually pictured him.

I wouldn't be opposed to an "or" option for those rookies.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.

<< <i>Cool. Thats news to me. I just assumed fleer was higher. I wonder how the Otto and Maynard compare. If they are similar, I wouldnt be oppossed to the "OR" option. >>

The Maynard dwarfs the Topps nearly double but the Otto is closer but still no comparison from prices sold. The Topps Taylor was above the Fleer prior to the Packer HOF set so it did not inflate the price since most of us already had the card that are actively collecting the set.
  • I didn't mean to put that TIVO alert post on the whole Set Registry Forum just wanted to put it here...can't figure out how to delete it. Anyway here it is for just the Football HOF thread:

Anyone who missed the Full Color Football and The NFL's Top 100 Players on the NFL network earlier in the year have a chance to see it this time around, they are scheduled for replay beginning Sunday March 13th. All five hours of Full Color Football (The History of the AFL) will air that Sunday and during the following week. The complete ten hours of The NFLs Top 100 Players will be shown over a week or so. I missed the Top 100 players when it first aired except for one episode. A great way to see archival footage of some of the real old-timers. Full Color Football kept me riveted to my seat absolutely awesome. A great way to feed your off season football jones

David

By the way I saw that the new players were added to the Future HOF Modern set. Five seems to high to weight the Greene.
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them-Adlai Stevenson

<< <i>Well to change the subject. I hit a mini-milestone today. I added my 100th Card to my HOF Registry.

1970 Topps Alan Page (I thought this was a nice 8)

image >>

Great looking 8, congrats on getting to 100.

title.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Yes, the Taylor is the worst by far. when Jay and I put the Packer Of set together we included the 1961 Tops so the right guy is pictured. >>

Unfortunately Beckett doesn't see it that way. So no chance of ever changing the Taylor on the HOF RC set. I agree, that card has always been one of the quirks...

Jason >>

I understand there is no way of changing the set but I was curious if there were any member who would want to stick w/ the 1959 Taylor if we could change to either of the 1961's? I'm w/ those who can't stand the 1959 rookie but I was wondering if anyone prefered it over either of the 1961 Taylors.

title.
  • recbballrecbball Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭
    Just added my cards to the modern set, 1988 TOPPS KEVIN GREENE shouldn't be weighted a 5.00.
  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just added my cards to the modern set, 1988 TOPPS KEVIN GREENE shouldn't be weighted a 5.00. >>

yep I third that opinion. More like 1.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies

<< <i>I understand there is no way of changing the set but I was curious if there were any member who would want to stick w/ the 1959 Taylor if we could change to either of the 1961's? I'm w/ those who can't stand the 1959 rookie but I was wondering if anyone prefered it over either of the 1961 Taylors. >>

My preference would be to have the 1959 Taylor picture the correct Jim Taylor.

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.

<< <i>

<< <i>Just added my cards to the modern set, 1988 TOPPS KEVIN GREENE shouldn't be weighted a 5.00. >>

yep I third that opinion. More like 1. >>

1.0 is correct. I will get with Gayle and find out what happened, have it fixed.

Jason

<< <i>

<< <i>I understand there is no way of changing the set but I was curious if there were any member who would want to stick w/ the 1959 Taylor if we could change to either of the 1961's? I'm w/ those who can't stand the 1959 rookie but I was wondering if anyone prefered it over either of the 1961 Taylors. >>

Jason >>

If anyone on the board has mastered time travel and can correct this misjustice it would be appreciated.lol

title.

<< <i>

Jason >>

If anyone on the board has mastered time travel and can correct this misjustice it would be appreciated.lol >>

Me too! Probably the same guy who could go back and get PSA to NOT use the Beckett RC Encyclopedia as the bible. Of which, it automatically blocks half the cards we've debated or wondered about or were curious about the past few weeks. lol

But since we are only talking in hypothetical, unattainable possibilities...Having the 1959 Card picturing the right guy would be my personal hypothetical, unattainable preference. I'm entitled to express my opinion and preference too, right? image

Jason

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Jason >>

If anyone on the board has mastered time travel and can correct this misjustice it would be appreciated.lol >>

Me too! Probably the same guy who could go back and get PSA to NOT use the Beckett RC Encyclopedia as the bible. Of which, it automatically blocks half the cards we've debated or wondered about or were curious about the past few weeks. lol

But since we are only talking in hypothetical, unattainable possibilities...Having the 1959 Card picturing the right guy would be my personal hypothetic, unattainable preference. I'm entitled to express my opinion and preference too, right? image

Jason >>

I don't collect rookie cards from any of the other sports but are there any other HOF rookies that feature the wrong player?

title.

<< <i>I don't collect rookie cards from any of the other sports but are there any other HOF rookies that feature the wrong player? >>

I'm a football only guy, so no idea here. I think Dave used to collect all the sports HOFers, maybe he knows.

This could be the beginning of a new set! All the HOF rookies of cards featuring the wrong player. Let's get this up and running along with the All-Time Punters set...lol

Jason
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭✭
    I actually like the uniqueness of the Jim Taylor 'rookie' error.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Unless you count some of the early caramel and tobacco cards that feature generic artwork rather than drawings of the specific named player, I can't think of any other HOFers who have the wrong player pictured on their rookie card.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
    Closest thing I can think of is Johnny Ray being on Barry Bonds' '87 Donruss Opening Day card.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Closest thing I can think of is Johnny Ray being on Barry Bonds' '87 Donruss Opening Day card.

Good one Shag. I also remember Gary Pettis being on Terry Pendletons 1985 Topps RC card.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
    Also, Juan LeBron (whoever the heck that is!) is on Carlos Beltran's rookie card and vice versa.
  • aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    For hockey Al Arbours RC in the 1953-54 parkhurst set pictures Bill Dineen and Dineen's card pictures Arbour.

Also, in hockey Bernie Federko's RC is in the 1978--79 OPC set. However, in the 1977-78 set the RC of Rick Bourbonnas is actually a picture of Federko.

• About 50 posts later:

Great Jackie Parker card Jay. Love the old CFL cards -- it was a great league until the mid-80's. NFL salaries skyrocketed and the CFL lost any ability to attract top talent.

I have an early 80's Jogo card of Warren Moon's RC, one that I will someday get graded. Still manage to catch a game every once in a while. Thanks for posting.
    Collecting HOF RC's in hockey, baseball, football and basketball. A fool's errand some have said.
  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to the guy with his 100th card. Nice milestone.

Here is the Arbour card. he's a HK HOFER

Vince you are absolutely right. BTW the Moon card is a great one and in demand also. CFL players of the 50's and 60's were content to
    stay in Canada. Certainly Parker could have played anywhere he wanted. Many of the CFL stars in the 60's that were lured into the NFL had their best years behind them.
    Once the salaries of the NFL attracted all (most...I wouldn't want to say all) the better players then the CFL also became a dumping groung for NFL has-bens. A league where Doug Flutie could become a 5X MVP and arguably (yes I would argue this) its greatest player.

Back to a discussion brought about by Dave. RC's....is it a first appearance or 1st recognized major issue card.
    Jackie Parker is an example. 1958 Topps is the 1st CFL major issue. He appears on earlier off the wall cards. Now there is no CFL RC HOF set.
    Do you choose a card manufactured many years after his first issues?

Here is some HOFERS. FYI these are very hard to find and never in great condition. PSA has graded maybe 10 Parkers and PSA 7 is the highest graded.
    a PSA 5 or 6 is considered good.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets

Did anyone know Bronko Nagurski's son played in the CFL?

Pardon the intrusion....but I thought fellow members might like to see some out of the ordinary stuff.
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    Since we're sharing CFL cards, here's my PSA 9 '81 JOGO Warren Moon:

Definitely one of my faves. It's a pop 1 and a real beauty. I know many collectors prefer the '83 Moon because it's normal card size and color, but this is Moon's true rookie to me. I believe I outbid Dave for it years back! image
    This brings up a great point...The Beckett Ultimate RC Encyclopedia recognizes the USFL cards as rookies, but not CFL cards...Just another of its inconsistencies...

Another "Beckett" rookie rule, they must only be American cards...lol

Jason

<< <i>

yep I third that opinion. More like 1. >>

This has been corrected, not listed as 1.0.

Jason
    Trumped me andy. Awesome card.

What if someone wants to do a CFL RC HOF set? Is not Topps a major manufacturer?

Inconsistencies......in the HK HOF RC set obscure cards from off the wall sources are allowed...
    dad's cookies, postcards, candy cards, dairy cards, opc, parkhurst, berk ross, cigarette cards.....the list goes on and on.

Why does FB need to be stricter than other sports?
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets

<< <i>Trumped me andy. Awesome card.

What if someone wants to do a CFL RC HOF set? Is not Topps a major manufacturer?

Inconsistencies......in the HK HOF RC set obscure cards from off the wall sources are allowed...
    dad's cookies, postcards, candy cards, dairy cards, opc, parkhurst, berk ross, cigarette cards.....the list goes on and on.

Why does FB need to be stricter than other sports? >>

Jay, I think it depends on how the set is constructed. For instance, a the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame set consists of players in the Packers HOF. It was not constructed as a RC specific set. There are cards in it that are first appearance on a card in Packers jersey. So hence, the rookie card standards do not apply.

The Hockey RC set i think you speak of looks like it is constructed to allow multiple cards of players rather than specific cards. I'm guessing that is why all of the oddball cards are allowed.

Now using the 2 above examples...

Packers HOF set- 11 collectors
    Hockey HOF rookie set- 30 collectors
    NFL HOF RC set- 113 collectors

So I feel like we've gone the correct route with the football HOF set.

In Baseball, it is set up exactly like football, although they do have a few more either/or selections with the 48/49's there. I'm not a fan of them, but could live with it on the 48 Bowman/Leaf or something if the majority voted it that way. We do have a few either/or's already with the Stautner and Creekmur as well as the 1952 Bowman Large/Small.

Basketball is set up exactly the same way as the football set.

So I'm guessing Hockey had to do that just to HAVE enough cards to make a set. I don't think there was much if any mainstream hockey cards being printed back in the day.

As far as a CFL HOF RC set, I don't see why not. We have a College HOF set already. I'm not sure many would be interested in collecting it, but many, in fact, MOST of the sets on football registry now are like that anyway. At least you'd have to actually buy some different cards to get the free grades...lol

Is Warren Moon also in the CFL HOF?

Jason
    Yes Jason Moon is in the CFL HOF. He was part of 5 grey cups.

As far as I know he is the only man inducted into both halls as a player.

Ok trivia question: There is another man inducted in both halls but not as a player. Who is he? No cheating and look it up!!!!!

One cannot compare HK collectors to any other sports. It is not our usa sport in a longshot.
    The sport with the most world folowing has to be Soccer/football to some. They do make soccer cards and yet few collectors.
    If ya all think older FB cards are hard to find ...try HK cards. Much scarcer and that might be a reason other alternatives are allowed in the set.
    I was not involved in the initial set.

I don't have an interest in starting a CFL set. They are in the company sets already. I merely wanted to show a few I have. I have a few others of assorted years and not all stars.

I'll stick to the NFL set. Yes I think its doing quite well.

On the USFL cards as RC's. Fine. But why not Landetta ? He has a 84 card and yet his 86 Topps is the required one.
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets

<< <i>Yes Jason Moon is in the CFL HOF. He was part of 5 grey cups.

As far as I know he is the only man inducted into both halls as a player.

Ok trivia question: There is another man inducted in both halls but not as a player. Who is he? No cheating and look it up!!!!!

. >>

Cal Hubbard - Green Bay Packer HOF - Pro Football HOF and Baseball HOF (umpire)

<< <i>
    On the USFL cards as RC's. Fine. But why not Landetta ? He has a 84 card and yet his 86 Topps is the required one. >>

If Landeta were to ever make the HOF, his correct rookie card WOULD BE his 1984 USFL card. The Team of the Decade sets do not feed or filter to the HOF RC set. Nor do any of the All-Time Key card sets. It's the main reason i got out of them altogether. Way to many opinions and sets resulted in mass confusion and a lack of consistency throughout.

Jason

<< <i>

Jay, I think it depends on how the set is constructed. For instance, a the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame set consists of players in the Packers HOF. It was not constructed as a RC specific set. There are cards in it that are first appearance on a card in Packers jersey. So hence, the rookie card standards do not apply.

The Hockey RC set i think you speak of looks like it is constructed to allow multiple cards of players rather than specific cards. I'm guessing that is why all of the oddball cards are allowed.

Jason >>

Hey now, that looks like a rip on Packer fans. Just kidding.

I thoroughly enjoy updating this set each year with two new players. Yeah we have some funky cards in it. For instance last year both guys inducted did not have regular issued cards graded by PSA. Marv Fleming - a punishing blocker only had a Drenks Potato Chip pin and Greg Koch a lineman who started all but two games at right tackle for the Packers over 9 years only has Police cards to grade. So finding these is a blast.

This year will be even more challenging with Marco Rivera. He has a jersey card from 2004 Bazooka but it is a Pro Bowl card. He has some Police Cards too. But the earliest card is from the NFL Showdown game. Tough to find let alone even see one. So, if you think you have it tough here, join the odd ball set of the Packers HOF
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

In Baseball, it is set up exactly like football, although they do have a few more either/or selections with the 48/49's there. I'm not a fan of them, but could live with it on the 48 Bowman/Leaf or something if the majority voted it that way. We do have a few either/or's already with the Stautner and Creekmur as well as the 1952 Bowman Large/Small.

Basketball is set up exactly the same way as the football set.

So I'm guessing Hockey had to do that just to HAVE enough cards to make a set. I don't think there was much if any mainstream hockey cards being printed back in the day.

As far as a CFL HOF RC set, I don't see why not. We have a College HOF set already. I'm not sure many would be interested in collecting it, but many, in fact, MOST of the sets on football registry now are like that anyway. At least you'd have to actually buy some different cards to get the free grades...lol

Is Warren Moon also in the CFL HOF?

Jason >>

cool, so does this mean that of NFL collectors 10% are Packers Fans!!! Because the point of the Packers HOF set (which again as Jason stated before is not the same as Packers in the Pro Football HOF) was for Packers fans to collect. Thats why we went with first Packer cards instead of Rookie cards. For the most part we have stayed away from non-players, unless there is a "mainstream", ie widely available, card.

now what Jason isnt happy about is where the set was listed. for the record when we requested this set we asked for it to be placed in the key card category. psa placed it in the HOF category.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
    Jason agree 100%
    The old saying KISS

Let's keep ONE card and have it UNIFORM throughout the sets. If the packers guys want thier card and its for them...all the power 2 ya.
    On the trivia question. Not FB and BB hof. so wrong answer. Although it was correct for the question you thought it was.

He was inducted in BOTH CFL HOF and NFL HOF

I may be giving up a sure fire hint here. He also played in the NBA and won 2 championships.
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
  • aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    I believe Bud Grant is in both the CFL and the NFL Hall of Fames.

The hockey HOF RC set is unique. In 1933 there were 5 or 6 different sets. Choosing which one would be the main set to determine a players rookie card was difficult. Also, at the time the Hockey set was started PSA did not grade 1939 or 1940 OPC cards because they were too big. So everybody who had a RC in that set had another card listed on the registry. Once PSA started grading the 1939 and 1940 cards it would have been problematic to remove all of the other RC's, especially for those that already had listed them.

<< <i>cool, so does this mean that of NFL collectors 10% are Packers Fans!!! Because the point of the Packers HOF set (which again as Jason stated before is not the same as Packers in the Pro Football HOF) was for Packers fans to collect. Thats why we went with first Packer cards instead of Rookie cards. For the most part we have stayed away from non-players, unless there is a "mainstream", ie widely available, card.

now what Jason isnt happy about is where the set was listed. for the record when we requested this set we asked for it to be placed in the key card category. psa placed it in the HOF category. >>

Definitely wasn't a slight to you guys. I think you did a great job to make it a different TYPE of set. My point was just that it is more of a niche set, as you explained. And not a set for the masses, which the NFL HOF RC set is and was always meant to be since the day we listed it.

And for the record, the HOF category is way more clogged now than it was then, so it really doesn't bother me anymore. I think it belongs there moreso than the autograph sets, which IMO all belong in their own separate category that PSA declined creating. They started the Mega-set category, but not an autograph set category. Makes total sense..lol

Jason

<< <i>I believe Bud Grant is in both the CFL and the NFL Hall of Fames.

The hockey HOF RC set is unique. In 1933 there were 5 or 6 different sets. Choosing which one would be the main set to determine a players rookie card was difficult. Also, at the time the Hockey set was started PSA did not grade 1939 or 1940 OPC cards because they were too big. So everybody who had a RC in that set had another card listed on the registry. Once PSA started grading the 1939 and 1940 cards it would have been problematic to remove all of the other RC's, especially for those that already had listed them. >>

It is an interesting set up to say the least and I'm glad Jay brought it to my attention. I'd honestly never looked it at, much like the fact I've never watched a full NHL game live or on TV in my life...Just not into the whole ice skating thing..Probably the Florida (born) coming out in me...lol

Jason
    Thanks for all the replies to my question on the HOF rookies. I had no clue others existed in the different sports.

title.
  • Doc1962Doc1962 Posts: 203 ✭✭
    Gentlemen, two quick questions: Is Junior Seau a 1st ballot lock for HOF and what are the chances of Otis Taylor making the HOF with the backlog of wide receivers?

Thoughts, opinions?

Thanks,
    Doc

<< <i>Gentlemen, two quick questions: Is Junior Seau a 1st ballot lock for HOF and what are the chances of Otis Taylor making the HOF with the backlog of wide receivers?

Thoughts, opinions?

Thanks,
    Doc >>

Seau= Yes, 1st ballot lock, no question.
    Taylor= He has been the #1 WR on the Senior ballot since Bob Hayes went in. He's made the final 5 Seniors twice in the past few years. Meaning he's been very close. IMO, he will be the next WR selected from the Seniors pool.

Jason
  • Nice '81 Moon Andy. He was a freak back in the day. Better arm than Favre and in the Canadian game with the bigger ball and freezing weather from mid-October onwards he needed it. Some of his throws would destroy the average man's shoulder. I hated the Eskimos back then -- mainly because they regularly handed the Als crushing defeats. Moon made the right choice coming to Canada -- he never would have gotten a real chance in the NFL out of college. Not as a black quarterback in those days.

And Jay, Moon's the best QB the CFL ever saw. Not Flutie. Although Dougie was certainly one of the most entertaining. His scrambling was great to watch.

And let's not talk about the Hockey HOF RC set. 1985 postcards as prewar player RC's???? Please.
    Collecting HOF RC's in hockey, baseball, football and basketball. A fool's errand some have said.
    Vince

Surely I can't hold a candle to a FB fire breathing Canadian like you when it comes to CFL knowledge (and NFL also).

Flutie might make the top 5. Might is pushing it. I was refering to wikipedias list of top 50 all time CFL players.

Link to top 50

From this list.....Parker is player of the quarter century and played when it was a different and better era. How is he not #1 ???

In the HK set some cards are taken from the 1960 Topps ATG (all time greats) and that is the chosen RC. Much like the FB 1955 AA's.
    Postcards? Maybe thet's the ONLY available resemblance to anything to use. ...but I agree 100%

That's why I will never competete that set.

My pet peev is the 1970 Dad's cookies. Sorry they are not cards. More like tickets. They can throw a set comparison off.
    example is the 1970 OPC Gilbert Perrault RC. Last PSA 8 went for $1000 and population of 18 with only 8 higher.

Now Dad's: a PSA 10 is pop 14. A guy has completed the whole set in PSA 10 all 144 cards. Most are available in double didits.
    Last and maybe only PSA 10 went for $5000.00
    VCP has 9 PSA 10's sold since 2010 and they average $12.33
    They guy that buys the OPC 8 for 100x more isn't even given set points that a Dad's buyer would get. Not right !!

Imagine if Ya all bought a PSA 9 SP Manning for $1K and the next guy gets more value from his 1998 Topps PSA 10.
    As volitile as this group can be it would be the end of the world as we know it.
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
  • recbballrecbball Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

I upgraded my '48 Bednarik and I have this one to offer.
    The last PSA 3 with an orange background sold on e-bay on 08/06/07 for $430.00
    I bought this one from Jason on 04/28/08 for $350.00 and that is how much I'm selling it for.

Thanks,
    Tom

$350.00 Delivered