Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Come share any picture!

Comments

• Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    this one is 18 inches long-a rube special gutripper,nice and sharp too
    deer handles-brass hilts, all punched a billiion times it seems,brass is so much easier to do than tempered steel,try it sometimeimage
    chopper-army button
    pleiku
    eng castle
    motenyard quiver and crossbow-san pan is on there to beside it( a asain boat)
    im working on 3 diff more ones right now for different eras ,is a very slow & aggrivating process-but you end up with a knife that rivals gil hibben,who is very good at custom knives-hes been doing it a little longer than forever though!!!!!his stuff goes for big bucks
  • Options
    all of this metal was scrap brass and steel to i cut, is not a blank knife,its all done from blank blocks and my twisted imagination,i have a very large scrap metal pileimage
    rube is now going to go lay down, i have felt like chit for 2 weeks for some reason
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭
    WOW!
    that is sweet,how many hrs does something like that take?
    great piece.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    I like that Gut Rippa !

That thing is crazy lookin
  • Options
    thousands of hours ,is definately not something people are going to jump into and make a master piece right off the bat, i got a buddy im trying to teach it to-he hasnt got a straight line down yet ,but hes workin on it-have to have lots of patience,i dont have a whole lot with people or crowrds,but i can work on something like this or a rubeplane or chopper or something for 12 hours and before you know it, its tomorrow!!!!
    1st one pictured took me 4 months or so piddling around with it because of all the designs and is both sides,prob longer on other one,its double sided too-they take an average of a good 6 months id say ,i dont get in no big hurry or anything ,im definately not a mass production machine image
  • Options
    Like my Mr. T? image

Giovanni
  • Options
    Very cool Mr. T website!!!!!! image

LINKY

Giovanni
  • Options

BASEBALL'S BACK, BABY!!!!

• Options
    Randy, hope you feel better. You are probably getting the plague we just got over.

When I first saw those knives I thought that's cool probably just a kit you bought and etched something on it LOL. But then I read you made them from nothing. You get to wear the crafty crown now.
    Tonya
  • Options

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,i wonder if that guy ever saw that pic of him looking like a weenieimage
    1Applause;
  • Options
    I bet that guy is a Red Sox fan.

Lou
    Collecting Roberto Clemente and Willie Stargell cards.
  • Options
    Wow !

What a pic !

For the life of me I can't figure out what he might have ben doing miliseconds before the pic was snapped .

• Options
    Just wanted to share these and I hope they're not in bad taste .

The one with Ruth looking at Gehrig , it was like a shock to me seeing this pic , I mean a complete mind blower ! a few years later he would be gone too .

In the pic at Ruth's ceremony , it is just mind blowing the amount of people coming to see him at Yankee Stadium , I have posted before about visiting Ruth's grave and every single time I go there , there have been at least 10 people there as well, visiting , In the pic and what I have seen with my own eyes really just baffles me all these years later they are as loved now as ever .

• Options
    bluemarlinbluemarlin Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    That pic of Babe looking at Gehrig is kinda creepy.

• Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    Like they say, Babe Ruth is probably the only man whose legend actually pails in comparison to reality. I have read a couple of books on him...he was truly bigger than life! Thanks for sharing.image
  • Options
    Yea , I agree Blue Marlin , That is a crazy pic man , looking at that pic in the newspaper blew my doors off , I have seen a lot of pictures of Ruth laid out at Yankee stadium . .

I have never seen that one of Ruth at Gehrigs funeral .
  • Options
    Wow.. thanks for sharing, TNT. I have never seen that pic of Ruth viewing Gehrig in the coffin, either. Pretty touching, since I have an aunt that is in her last living days as we speak, resulting from Lou Gehrig's disease.

At least my aunt has been able to live more than 70 years, but Gehrig was just too dang young. Such a shame..
  • Options
    Wow Stan , I'm sorry to hear that of your aunt ,
    That is a horrible disease .

Can you say how long ago she was dignosed with Amyotrophic Lateral sclerosis ?

That disease seemed to take him rather quickly !

• Options
    I appreciate the kind words, TNT.

Sure, I do not mind at all, as it is something that might help others understand some of the complications from this nasty disease. She was diagnosed last summer, about August I do believe. She has went down hill pretty fast. As time has passed, you can hardly even make out anything she says. He speech is pretty poor at best, almost that of a 1-2 year old child right now.

On top of that, the muscles in her throat that allows a person to swallow, are failing, and she gets choked on almost everything she tries to eat. The doctors told her it will come down to a feeding tube in the near future, but she has already said she will not go that route, so if she sticks with that decision to not use a feeding tube, her time will not be much longer after that. It's a bad deal.
  • Options
    Geez Stan, thats horrible to hear of her decline. Best wishes to her and your family.
    Collecting Interests:
    Ripken, Brooks & Frank Robinson, Old Orioles, Sweet Spot Autos, older Redskins - Riggins, Sonny, Baugh etc and anything that catches my eye. image

My ghetto sportscard webpage...All Scans - No Lists!!! Stinky Linky
  • Options
    My God that has to be one of the worst diseases I have heard of ever and how fast it acts on the body !

At least she was able to make her wishes known to the family , Me too, I would not want to go through that prolonging either .

That is so sad , I am so sorry to hear of your aunt's condition man , it is so hard to watch that happen .

The doctors found Cancer in my sister in law's Breast and in her hip , she went to the hospital today and they told her it is also in her ribs .

They were going to remove the breast , but for some reason now they can't do that ?

She is very scared , her whole life just changed in a matter of like a week , matter of fact all of ours has .
  • Options
    Thank you, gentlemen, for the support. It means alot that this board has some good and decent people, who we can enjoy our hobby with.

TNT, I feel for your family as well, and pray your sister in law can somehow beat the odds, and live through this with success. Miracles do happen, just gotta stay strong for her.
  • Options

edited to add: HOORAH!
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Figured I'd give the thread a bump with this gem that I found on the local papers online photo gallery tonight. The meet was about a month ago but I just stumbled upon this while looking for pictures from our spring football practice (which they don't have up yet)

Me handing the baton off to my main man Troy during the 4X800 relay. We placed 2nd out of 6 at the meet. I know, "Get a haircut you hippie". Now just imagine that thing under a football helmet. image

• Options
  • Options
    image Ya mean that's not a football helmet ?
    Is that Tiger Woods you're handing the baton to , just posing as Troy ?
  • Options
    kidzfundkidzfund Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    I just figured your hair was like that all the time...

• Options
    Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    RIP Iron Horse. Goot, nice photo. Did you guys win the meet? Go Satellites Beach!

Pretty excited to find this digital photo as a companion to the postcard.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options

Goodbye Yankee Stadium....one of the most memorable experiences
  • Options

<< <i>Goodbye Yankee Stadium....one of the most memorable experiences
    image >>

I like that pic of The Babe's plaque. Never been to Yankees Stadium, but hoping if all goes right, we will be there in August.

Gee, that must be your daughter in front of you. You could never deny her, my friend. I know the feeling, my son looks just like me, too. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Goodbye Yankee Stadium....one of the most memorable experiences
    >>

I like that pic of The Babe's plaque. Never been to Yankees Stadium, but hoping if all goes right, we will be there in August.

Gee, that must be your daughter in front of you. You could never deny her, my friend. I know the feeling, my son looks just like me, too. image >>

I had the opportunity to go when my work sent me to NJ for school (some proprietary software program). I took advantage of the time, and had my wife and daughter join me. I had so much fun at the Yankee stadium, I dragged them to a 2nd game. The hecklers, food, and eastern accent made it a very memorable experience (the beer didn't hurt too much either). I was wearing Yankees caps, and rooting for Seattle (Ichiro was the new kid, and had quite a bit of both hecklers and fans). Seattle won both. At the time I was a real yankee hater (after killing my padres), so i would root for anyone but the yankees. They have had their spoil so I dont mind rooting for them again, although not against boston.

THose games at Yankees stadium aren't like any other ball game I have ever been to...if anyone gets a chance, and hasn't had the opportunity, GO! I hope they carry on the atmosphere at the new stadium, but if they don't, I had the opportunity!
  • Options
    athleticsfanathleticsfan Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    A's World Championships-1910, 1911, 1913, 1929, 1930, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1989
  • Options
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭
    nice shark!!!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
  • Options

Legit ?
  • Options

I thought this picture was so dog gone funny ,
    I wonder what was going through Bond's mind seeing that ?
  • Options
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Great pics Goot! And you may not go out with my daughter.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    Cute pictures Goot!

If you ever get a hair cut, please post pictures image
    Tonya
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭
    Hello, I'm Johnny Cash.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goot looks like a 70's rock star! image
  • Options

<< <i>Hello, I'm Johnny Cash. >>

Have you seen Walk The Line with Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Whitherspoon? It is one of my favorite movies.
    Tonya
  • Options
    I don't collect cards or do anything that interesting to show off. But I do seem to collect babies image Here is my collection so far:

The oldest is holding our new impulse purchase we named Cleo image

Tonya
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Great looking kids Tonya.
    I think it's time to get Matt fixed.