Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Come share any picture!

Comments

• Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    701 -hi steve -we need hand wave icon rube waves to steve 12:59 image
    i didnt take any pics after nam- i suppose most guys were like that,1st war is the best,everything from at least 77 to 92 for the most part if u took a pic, i prob would have got killedimage
    i never took any of the big ol 3 day "war" lol last pics i took in nam were in 1970- when i shipped out i had a ton more that was being developed i remeber but i never got em forwarded to my apo in frisco,somebodys got em somewhere image
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing, Randy.

Doug
  • Options
  • Options
    My friends Jet ,
  • Options
    My friends incredible P 51 Mustang .

This thing one of the most wild rides .
    The second pic was taken over the South shore of L.I.

Some people collect cards/memorabilia , he collects airplanes .

He also has a P-40 , a similar airplane

• Options
    427 L 88 Chevy engine , 67 Camaro
  • Options
    427 rebuilt , tunnel ram 2, 4 BBl carbs , talk abot a gas chugger !
    Gets into the low 9,s in the 1/4

You can put a nickle on the manifold and rev it to 4 grand and that nickle will not move !
  • Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    If someone was smart they would steal the images from this thread and do something with them.
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    My friends single engine Cessna .
    I remember doing barrel rolls in this airplane even though this type of airplane isn't really built for that , the P-51 in the pic above was made for that type of flying though .

The man is crazy ! He kinda reminds me of Randy image
    Crazy as a fox, but one of the coolest people you could ever meet .
  • Options
    This one is my friends P-40 , the pic was taken at an airshow , both airplanes the P-51 and this one were completely rebuilt inside and out .

I am not sure what this one cost , but the P-51 is a 2.5 million dollar airplane and it looks every penny worth .
  • Options
    The stock panel of the P51 Mustang before it was redone ,

And the P51 Mustang panel after , with the GPS installed .
  • Options
    Cool pictures TNT.
    Tonya
  • Options
    Thank you Tonya , I love this thread , a place to share some of your life outside of collecting is nice .
  • Options

My kid loves sweet potatoes

But he hates prunes

• Options
    Very cute kid! image

Nice planes too by the way TNT!

Giovanni
  • Options

<< <i>My kid loves sweet potatoes

But he hates prunes

image >>

Why? What did I do to him?
    #10 PSA Set for Topps Baseball currently on eBay under seller deeppurple1.
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013

<< <i>Thank you Tonya , I love this thread , a place to share some of your life outside of collecting is nice . >>

Life outside of collecting...? Am I supposed to have one of those?

Snorto~

P.S. P-51 Mustangs still rule the sky!
  • Options
    gotsparks, how old is your boy?
    Tonya
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice pic Ray!

Don't wanna go there.

Mine is out of the house, off the family dole, has his OWN everything and NOTHING needs to be whiped anymore! image

Thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>gotsparks, how old is your boy? >>

He'll be 7 months on the 25th

Here's a pic with a clean face. Good thing he got his momma's good looks!

• Options
    What a cutie! He has teeth early too. Our boy is a few days from 9 months and he doesn't have any teeth yet.

Thanks for sharing. image
    Tonya
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Christmas photo before teeth. I will post our easter pics, she turns 1 April 17th.

Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    Those are such cute pictures guys , I would love to have a daughter now , but I am afraid that is never going to happen, my wife get's terribly sick during pregnancy and the doctors say it is just too risky ,

Something can happen to the baby or something can happen to her or both of them , so we only have our one boy who is a miracle, it is kinda sad sometimes that he does not have a brother or sister, I think about when he is grown up and we are no longer around , but by that time he should have his own family .

He does have a lot of cousins, nieces and nephews though.
  • Options
    The young boy standing next to Gehrig's locker in Cooperstown , last year during Ripken's/Gwynn's induction .

And my little Bronco Fan . . .
  • Options
    OK, just this one more I promise , you will have to forgive me for posting so much , but my boy is the one thing in this world that I am so greatful and thankful to have and we were very close to losing .

I don't know if I ever posted this picture before but this is him a week or so after birth , they had to move him to a different NICU hospital 40 miles from the hospital mom was in , he was born 2 mos premature and was 4lbs 3oz at birth , it was a very scary time for us even moreso for my wife because she was in one hospital and he was in another , so far away , her mind after losing our first after 8 mos was all messed up worrying about him .

He was not much larger than the palm of my hand , but now he is a little monster , very strong and very healthy which the doctors worried might not be the case .
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    thanks for sharing the pics the one of him painting had me laughing out loud. great pic!!!

adoption could be an option to get him a play buddy, good luck and keep the pics coming.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TNT, looks like you got blessed with a great little boy! You post as many pics of him as you want, its a great thing! You must be very proud of him! Thanks for the great pics!
  • Options
    I really apperciate that guys , it means a lot to me .

Yea, I saw that pic of the finger painting in the album and figured many would get a real laugh out of that .

As soon as I saw it , I died laughing and it reminded me of when I walked into the house and seen his face , I quick grabbed the camera before his mom could clean him up , but I have a feeling she left him that way so I could see him .

I love kids , I honestly believe they're little angels on Earth
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    i often wonder what the hell we would do with out kids, and what i did before i had them.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    So true and I am like a big kid at heart , I love being around them , they can brighten your day even when you have had the most miserable day imaginable .

• Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    I don't think I have shown a photograph of me on the boards yet.

I appear to be semi-retired now in life, but up until recently I chased down, or tried to at times, a lot of meteorites and space related collectibles. I don't know if any of you followed along the X-Prize contest a few years back. The X-Prize foundation has progressed along now to other like things, but it was a $10,000,000 prize to whoever could launch the first private space craft into space and do it twice.

I helped out a number of teams in finance and other ways, knowing we were all going to likely lose to Burt Rutan and Paul Allen. But hey, no dishonor in losing to those two. One of the worlds greatest aviation minds and one of the worlds biggest pocket books.

In our lifetime we will all have the chance to go to space and it is a good chance it will be through the private enterprises.

So here I am with the Rubicon 1 rocket, which I own, and interesting the main rocket model company made a model of it, which I do not own. OK, maybe not that interesting, but I learned a valuable life lesson with this thing. Space rockets do not fit through doorways. I am holding up the X-Prize logo which was the door of the rocket at one time.

Clear Skies,
    Mark

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Wow ! that is a crazy pic !

The guys you are talking about , are they the ones who made a vehicle that was the Aurora only about 1/10 scale ?

I remember seeing something like that on TV but I am not sure if it is the same thing you ate speaking of .

That is a huge prize , but I know these guys are litterally rocket scientists .

That is a great pic Meteorite guy !
    I love all things that have to do with flight .
  • Options
    What kind of camera's do you all use for this?
    -Rome is Burning

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark, cool! You must have done well finding and selling meteorites. My Dad used to own pasture ground in Kiowa county near Greensburg, and I wondered if there were any meteorites buried there. I don't know the actual size of the meteor field there so don't know if that ground was prime location or not.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

<< <i>Wow ! that is a crazy pic !

The guys you are talking about , are they the ones who made a vehicle that was the Aurora only about 1/10 scale ?

I remember seeing something like that on TV but I am not sure if it is the same thing you ate speaking of .

That is a huge prize , but I know these guys are litterally rocket scientists .

That is a great pic Meteorite guy !
    I love all things that have to do with flight . >>

The space craft that won the X-Prize was SpaceShip One.

Here it is being carried by the White Knight

SpaceCraft One would separate in flight, which interesting is how NASA first put people "in space."

And then it would rocket-glide up.

All the teams I was working with had much simpler plans, and I do not mean to imply I was a key member of these teams, which I was not. They were just going to build a "simple" rocket and parachute back. Which we all learned was not as simple as it may sound....even with a team of rocket scientist. But we all had a shot at that money.....and one has to entertain themselves some way.

Since I am not sure if the Aurora officially exists yet....I will leave that one alone.

Clear Skies,
    Mark

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The space craft that won the X-Prize was SpaceShip One. >>

Is that the one where its wings rotate when it reaches the atmosphere or something?
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>Mark, cool! You must have done well finding and selling meteorites. My Dad used to own pasture ground in Kiowa county near Greensburg, and I wondered if there were any meteorites buried there. I don't know the actual size of the meteor field there so don't know if that ground was prime location or not. >>

I have a fondness for Kiowa County and have been there many times. The meteorite fell between Greensburg and Haviland. I helped Haviland, Kansas start it's meteorite festival and was working in various Greensburg projects before the tornado wiped out the town last year.

A good friend, Steve Arnold, found the largest Greensburg area meteorite a couple years ago. It got a lot of press so I imagine you heard something.

After the tornado hit, the Monday they let the town back in, I was there with Steve Arnold, money in hand to see what aid we could provide. I was amazed at the charity I witnessed, locally and non-locally. So I just helped Steve and a couple of his neighbors and we formed a fund raiser that collected over $15,000 (plus I even got to fight in the newspaper with a jealous professional rival).

I am still quite saddened by it and wonder what future holds for the towns citizens. Greensburg will be back I am sure. But small Kansas towns lost 2% population a year currently, and everyone was just given a good reason to move.

Clear Skies,
    Mark

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The space craft that won the X-Prize was SpaceShip One. >>

Is that the one where its wings rotate when it reaches the atmosphere or something? >>

SpaceShipOne's wings folds into a self-stabilizing, high-drag configuration for atmospheric re-entry that allow it to enter the atmosphere at any angle. The wings then fold back into a glider configuration for landing. It's pretty cool.

• Options
    Mark, thanks for the info. I just had lunch with my Dad, he thought the meteorite hit between Greensburg and Haviland, which you just confirmed. His pasture ground was north of Greensburg, so I guess no chance of meteorites.
    about a year ago they had a show on PBS about meteorite hunters searching in Kiowa county, and they found one. Don't know if it was Steve Arnold, or you, or who it was. image I think there were two guys plus the news reporter and they let the reporter pull it out of the ground
    Yes, I did hear about Steve Arnold's big find. That was cool.image

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    "Since I am not sure if the Aurora officially exists yet....I will leave that one alone."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yea, I am not exactly certain , but there was some kind of huge prize and these guys build a small scale Aurora , but definitely was not what you're talking about there .

I have never seen that before ,

In the pic with you and the Rubicon 1 Rocket , over your left shoulder it looks like it was shot with a large caliber weapon !

Those are really intersting pictures .

• Options

<< <i>image >>

Now THAT is funny! image
    3000 Hit CLub signed ball - 8/19 Living Members

Successful Deals: tennesseebanker, jvette,
  • Options
    Mark, I forgot to ask in my last post, what's the story behind your rocket's crashing. C'mon, you can't say it won't fit through a doorway and leave it at that.image Also where was pic taken?

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    That rapist they are looking for has a lot of similarities of the anchorman
  • Options
    Just cleaned and mowed the lawn (more just mulched the winter stuff) and sprayed for weeds. Next week I can start planting things.

q]Mark, I forgot to ask in my last post, what's the story behind your rocket's crashing. C'mon, you can't say it won't fit through a doorway and leave it at that.image Also where was pic taken? >>

Here is what happened to the rocket....

BBC Linky

Also I guess I could note, if anyone has a suspected meteorite, feel free to PM me. I have paid up to $50,000 for a meteorite.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
  • Options
    Funny!!

The anchor is Mark Brown from KABC in Los Angeles. I dont hardly ever watch the news. Laura Diaz is cute, I'll give them that.
  • Options
    Just a couple of throw aways from some no namer . .

These bats are a dime a dozen .

• Options
    A storefront window in Cooperstown , I think I was stuck looking into this window for a good half an hour before ever going inside .

Sorry about the window glare, the shot could have been a lot better .

• Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i had these on once, took emoff, not going too now, too annoying to put pics on when you have crazyfingersimage handmade by some guy that kinda like macgyver,this one is 14 inches, took me 4 months to make it, both sides are all hand punched on chisel hit at a time,with diff really small chisels, kinda like one shot, one kill , it one hit, one chisel,this is for my1st year in nam with 1cav 18 engs, and you can split a hair with it, i dropped it and caught it once by the blade,that was bad
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257

<< <i>A storefront window in Cooperstown , I think I was stuck looking into this window for a good half an hour before ever going inside .

Sorry about the window glare, the shot could have been a lot better .

image >>

I did the same thing when I went there this past September. That was an awesome store!

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey