* DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    I've been good, and they all still remain intact. It's gonna be difficult waiting through the crap to get to the good stuff. If I want 88 topps, I got three rack cases in my closet waiting to be opened.
    Always buying 1984 Ralston Purina PSA 9s and 10s I NEED 19,21, and 29!!!
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭
    Over 250 posts and we have not yet officially started ripping.

p.s. My packs are all still intact.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    Guys, I'd like to keep track of who's received their packages. I've updated the first post with those that I know received their packs. If you have received yours and are NOT listed as such in that first message, please let me know (PM is fine, if you don't want to add to the thread).
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    For those of you who have opened your '81 Fleer packs....how's the centering? Smile for good, frown for bad....without giving anymore info, please. image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    drew..i received it on friday.

i DIDNT take the packs out from the shipping box because i was afraid that over the weekend, inebriated, i would be tempted to open one of the packs.

let me know when i can start ripping the 81 Fleer pack!
  • Options

<< <i>For those of you who have opened your '81 Fleer packs....how's the centering? Smile for good, frown for bad....without giving anymore info, please. image >>

How about this imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    Collecting
    Minnie Minoso Master and Basic
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    1960's Topps run Mega Set image
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>For those of you who have opened your '81 Fleer packs....how's the centering? Smile for good, frown for bad....without giving anymore info, please. image >>

How about this imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage >>

about the same here. Unfortunately there were no imageimageimageimageimage's
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

How about this imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage >>

about the same here. Unfortunately there were no imageimageimageimageimage's >>

I got no imageimageimageimageimage's either so I guess there will be plenty of imageimageimageimageimage's for everyone else.
    Collecting
    Minnie Minoso Master and Basic
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    1960's Topps run Mega Set image
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options
    I recieved them today! I'm not opening them b/c I also got another package...hopefully it's contents will hold me over. OH Snap! It's my Topps Ripken rookie! Thanks BoSox! Awesome awesome mail day.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    Opened the box to check it out anyway....couldn't help myself.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    mine are here too!!
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Cards arrived today safe and sound. Thanks. I haven't ripped any yet, but I was able to make out a name on one card through the wax. Is that cheating?

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    what name and what pack?

yes it's cheating...haha.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    Ok, I've got a contest. The prize is yet to be determined, but its value will be somewhere between a red paperclip and a house. Right now, I'm leaning towards the prize being a box of freezy pops, but only because I ate about ten of them last night. Mine were frozen, but they'd likely melt before reaching you, which may lessen their value as a prize. Given that, I will likely reconsider my choice of prizes, and a new prize may include rectangles of cardboard. Or it may not.

Anyway, the contest itself is easy. Guess the number of posts this thread will have as of midnight eastern on the night of October 1, 2006. That should be one week after we all rip our 1980 packs.

The only rules are that your guess has to be in by 11:59 pm Eastern on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 and that you can't make extra posts just to bump up the total. Since I'm the one making up the rules and giving away whatever it is that is >red paperclip but <house, I'll decide if you're cheating. One more rule: we're NOT going by Price Is Right rules. Your guess can be over or under the actual total. If you're within five, I may give you a special bonus prize. But only if I'm in a good mood that day.

Oh, group rip participants AND observers are welcome to play. I'll put the guesses in the first post of the thread, so we can see who's guessed what. I'll guess, too. If I win, maybe one of you nice fellas will reward me with a prize. While I'd recommend staying within the paperclip/house guidelines, that's up to whomever provides the prize.

So, how many posts will this thread have on October 1?

Oh, if you want to PM me your guess, I'll enter them all on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. That way, no one will know your guess before the deadline.

Any questions?
  • Options
    2222image
  • Options
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    2501 image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    3000 even.

shawn
  • Options

<< <i>what name and what pack?

yes it's cheating...haha. >>

I don't want to name names ahead of schedule, but I'll say it was the '82 pack and the name, alas, was not Cal.

• Options
    ok....

I'm leaving for Canada on July 28 and won't return until Aug. 3. Want me to rip that week's Prior to me leaving and scan any keepers?

Same thing on Aug. 16.....Leaving so Will need to tear them the 15th.

?
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭
    Got my packs today!!!! One problem....It looks like my 1988 pack was tampered with and resealed!!!!!!!!!!image
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    Mine arrived today, my 87 pack was stuck to the pack below it and ripped open when I seperated them. I saw the back card when I resealed it. image
  • Options
    OnlypsahockeyOnlypsahockey Posts: 1,479 ✭✭
    1725 posts
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    Still no packs but my guess is 2424

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    Got them today.
  • Options

<< <i>I've been good, and they all still remain intact. It's gonna be difficult waiting through the crap to get to the good stuff. If I want 88 topps, I got three rack cases in my closet waiting to be opened. >>

Or if I kept any of the 50,000+ 87-89 that I gave/threw away. Opening is going to bring back my bad memories of the late 80s again but I'll suck it up. Now I wish that we pushed harder for 79-8?.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as no one brings up woodpeckers or squirrels.

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>As long as no one brings up woodpeckers or squirrels.

image >>

Or moans about what years we should have done instead.

• Options
    So, you guys are saying that lookin' at the back of the pack is cheatin'? image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    digdugdigdug Posts: 216 ✭✭
    got mine today...

i'll say 1776 posts
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    wed we bust?
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭
    Are we going to keep this thread with the busts or start one each week?
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    Y'all should start a new thread each time. Otherwise things are going to get way too cluttered. Just my .02c
    Everything I write is my opinion.

Looking for alot of crap.
  • Options
    rvcrvc Posts: 559 ✭✭
    got my packs today
    i'll guess 3156
    Bob
  • Options
    Total posts by AJWs setdate=3920
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭

<< <i>wed we bust? >>

Loth - bust we wed the '81F! (Thanks to you, too, btw, for helping to come up with the idea for this rippin' good time!!)

Everybody got their scanners warming up?? Mine's probably so old and well-used it'll go on the fritz the next time I use it...image

My guess for the total number of posts is 2,345. Thanks for the extras, ajw!
  • Options
    I lost a cable for mine, so I actually haven't used it in over 8 months. lol, it's so pointless.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    i'm ready...

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    I can't wait to see the rash of 12:01 AM posts tonight. image

Do you guys have a set time where you rip them all at once or is it a throughout-the-day type thing? I sure wish I could've gotten in on this.
  • Options

Would that be 12:01 a.m. Eastern or Pacific?

• Options

<< <i>Everybody got their scanners warming up?? Mine's probably so old and well-used it'll go on the fritz the next time I use it...image

>>

I, too, have an old scanner so I'm not going push its luck by scanning what will end up in the trash. image Now if I get a nice 83 Gwynn or 82 Ripken or 85 Clemens, then I'll let you know. Henderson is 80, right? Who, besides the HOFers, are we looking for in 81? The years 79-81 were black holes for me in my first 20 years of collecting.
  • Options

<< <i>Would that be 12:01 a.m. Eastern or Pacific?

. >>

By the fevered posts by some of the participants here I would assume it will be 12:01 AM some place in Europe.
  • Options
    I think it would be better if we don't set a time. I think it would be cool to see the rips peppered through the day. Anyone think there should be a set time?
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭
    One dollar, Bob.

Er, I mean 3010.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    So far everyone has confirmed receiving their packs except those listed below. I also listed the day on which I mailed your packages via priority mail. Please let me know if you guys have received your packs. We're planning on busting our 1981 packs tomorrow, and I think everyone should have their packs in hand by then. I haven't received any returned to me, so they should all be either delivered or on their way.

JW (7.11)
    MontanaFan (7.11)
    SoFLPhillyFan (7.13)
    Downtown1974 (7.13)

Some asked if we should post in different threads. Personally, I think we should post in this thread each week. That way people can look at all the years in one thread, rather than having to search for each individual year. It will be a *very* long thread, but it's easy enough to get to the last page to see what's new. Anyone strongly disagree?

• Options

<< <i>So far everyone has confirmed receiving their packs except those listed below. I also listed the day on which I mailed your packages via priority mail. Please let me know if you guys have received your packs. We're planning on busting our 1981 packs tomorrow, and I think everyone should have their packs in hand by then. I haven't received any returned to me, so they should all be either delivered or on their way.

JW (7.11)
    MontanaFan (7.11)
    NJMeathook (7.11)
    Mcholke (7.13)
    theczar (7.13)
    Spahnfan (7.13)
    SoFLPhillyFan (7.13)
    Downtown1974 (7.13)

Some asked if we should post in different threads. Personally, I think we should post in this thread each week. That way people can look at all the years in one thread, rather than having to search for each individual year. It will be a *very* long thread, but it's easy enough to get to the last page to see what's new. Anyone strongly disagree? >>

I strongly agree.

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    rvcrvc Posts: 559 ✭✭
    i agree: post here and we wait til everyone has their packs. we post when ajw gives us the green light
    Bob
  • Options
    I sure it's in my pack but just in case, I'm looking for the '81 Fleer #6 Steve Carlton.