Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1963 Topps baseball - official PSA thread

Comments

• Options

<< <i>patriots74....

That is simply a gorgeous card! And to have Koufax in it makes it really special. >>

Hey...So your the Gentleman right above me on the 1963 Topps Registry...LOL, Nice Set!!
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    ive often thought about picking up the HOFers in this set in PSA 6 form

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    So why is the #496 such a popular card and always get top cash way above book?.

• Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Dalkowski was a legendary flame thrower and the card is both popular and harder to find in higher grades.

• Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Just keeping this great thread fresh too.
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    keepin' it fresh.
    Don

ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    Just starting this set, wish I still had this one...
  • Options
  • Options
    thanks

• Options
    Wow...nice Mint 9 Coates.

Good luck, Patriots74, on your upgrades.
    Don

ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    Thank you sir! Always enjoy "the Hunt" !
  • Options
    The "hunt" is the best, but it is harder these days.
    Don

ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    Hello,

I have decided to try my hand at assembling the 1963 Topps Baseball set in a PSA 8 grade (Although I do have a few PSA 8.5s thrown in there which are available if you have a replacement in a PSA 8). I know this is going to tak me quite a while, but I've got nothing but time, haha. I think I have 72 or 73 cards in the set so far with a couple of big names (Killebrew SP, Clemente High #, Snider High #, Stargell RC, Freehan RC). If you can help with my set, it would be greatly appreciated! I have a bunch of other graded cards from the set in PSA 6s and 7s to trade towards PSA 8s that I need! I will let the pictures do the talking. (All cards are listed in order by card number)

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

Thanks for looking. Hal
  • Options
    PM me with a list of what you have, Id be interested in trading...
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Uniformly nice cards. Really vibrant colors.
  • Options
    Hal,

Glad to see you over here image
  • Options
    Super stuff! I love the '63s with the green at the bottom.
  • Options
    Great cards....thanks for posting the scans!
    Don

ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful Tom Tresh. Love the Tony Kubek! Great looking Felipe Alou,one of the best shots in the set IMHO. And I want that Killebrew!!! LOL.
    My collection is all over the place! If my Yogi is really a five then I'll put it on my kids bicycle spokes! My Robin Roberts is an 8 and my Yaz is a 5 but I love it with the serrated edge! I tried to scan these but my pics are 324kb and the file only holds 50! Effin' newbie...
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    poolpool Posts: 58 ✭✭

<< <i>Hello,

I have decided to try my hand at assembling the 1963 Topps Baseball set in a PSA 8 grade (Although I do have a few PSA 8.5s thrown in there which are available if you have a replacement in a PSA 8). I know this is going to tak me quite a while, but I've got nothing but time, haha. I think I have 72 or 73 cards in the set so far with a couple of big names (Killebrew SP, Clemente High #, Snider High #, Stargell RC, Freehan RC). If you can help with my set, it would be greatly appreciated! I have a bunch of other graded cards from the set in PSA 6s and 7s to trade towards PSA 8s that I need! I will let the pictures do the talking. (All cards are listed in order by card number)

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

Thanks for looking. Hal >>

null
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Great cards
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    Here are 6 new pick-ups!

• Options
    I wish I could show my 1963 Topps set as it is all that I collect. Just got back 51 cards on the sale and I want to show you guys what I got but cannot scan as my bytes are too much or something. I am currently 38th in the current list and 50 something in all time and moving up! My Yogi Berra as a psa5 has to be seen to be believed. If I could scan here I would post more often. I have a Willie Mays psa 6 for sale now that a 7 came back. Also a Drysdale psa 6. Psychump on eBay. Psychedelic Umpire's Crazy '63 on the Registry. I do not cruise the Universe much but will look for pm's for Mays and Drysdale. This thread Rocks!!!
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    Just got a grade back from PSA, a crossover from GAI. Duke Snider 1963 Topps #550 GAI 7. Came back a 6ST!!! I am so upset at this pissing contest! I can't stand sending in crossovers to PSA, especially from GAI! I also sent in a 1963 Tops Yogi Berra #340 BGS 7 and it came back a 5!! If this Yogi is a five I give up grading! Totally effing bummed! Please rip me a new one forum peeps. I would scan but this piece of crap scanner or the Universe won't let me!
  • Options
    I do believe in PSA grading...they do see things that we dont, People sometimes state that they under grade or over grade..but lets face it, they have the tools to determine the grade of the card...I trust them...Waiting on some 63' to come back from my latest sub...
  • Options
    Heres a Tough One....

• Options

• Options
    Great looking Spahn. One of my favorite cards in the set and one of his best, from any year.
  • Options
    I agree....great looking Spahn.
    Don

ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    Wow! Hard to believe that the Nuxhall card has no 9's in the pop report and this is the only 8.5 ....this came from my presentation set.

Don

ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    AWESOME!!!!
  • Options
    Does the fisheye at the bottom keep the Nuxhall out of a 9 holder?
  • Options
    Beautiful card! I sent one in a couple of days ago hoping for a seven or better. How about the Robin Roberts #125 with 76 eights but none higher!! I recently got back an 8 I had been sitting on for 25 years hoping for a 8.5 or 9. I would scan it but not able to on this site.
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does the fisheye at the bottom keep the Nuxhall out of a 9 holder? >>

Maybe on that day it did, if the corners are mint I'd send him back at some point. I've seen '75s with much more distracting fisheyes in 9 holders. Either way great card and a great grade.
  • Options
    Fisheye probably did keep it an 8.5 because otherwise it is perfect.
    Don

ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Ok -so here is my question for you guys. I have a VERY modest collection of 63's (I am working on several sets at once, so I make slow progress on all of them). Is there any particular reason why there are so few registered 1963 sets in comparison to some of the other Topps sets? I hear a lot of people talk about how unpopular the 62's are, but there are basically the same number of collectors of that as there are for 1963. There are a ton more people working on 61's and 68's, etc. Anyone have a reason?
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    Excellent question and I don't really have an answer for it. I had not really noticed the difference in the number of registry sets between the years....very interesting.
    Don

ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    My first 9!! Sent in raw from my set I've had since 1989.
  • Options
    Great color on that card. The logo on Steve's hat really jumps out at you.
  • Options
    Very disappointed in this grade. I suck at grading. I was hoping for a 8! Corners are perfect.
  • Options
    I think that's the most upper border I've ever seen on that card. I sent one in a couple of years ago that had probably 1/3 of that border and I got a 6. Most of the 63 Mays that I've seen were like mine. Your card looks nice.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    The bottom two corners look to be touched from the scan, which appears to be why it got the 7. If that's just the scan then that card certainly deserves better.

I also own a PSA 7 that I think is undergraded (I didn't submit it myself; I purchased it graded)........

'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    Those Mays cards look great.....maybe worth a crackout and resubmit.
    Don

ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    Upper right on that Mays looks touched too... that's a very difficult card to get in 8.
  • Options
    I just can't see anymore! LOL I sent in this Yogi as a crossover (bvg 7) and it came back a 5! But my Robin Roberts has none higher!
  • Options
    I'd say the "snow" hurt Berra's grade... very nice Berra anyway.
  • Options
    that Yogi looks great. The PSA 5 screams that there is a "wrinkle" somewhere to me
  • Options
    ThoseBackPages, searched and searched for a wrinkle (good idea!) but I guess it's just the snow. Re-sub? I think I will along with this card I got back yesterday. A presentation set card graded an 8 comes back evidence of trimming! Really? Who trims presentation set commons? Geez...
  • Options
    Very nice Roberts! The Berra is the toughest HOF'er in the 1693 Topps set. The priniting defect or snow on the card would absolutely kill the grade on it. PSA is death on cards with snow.
    Don

ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    Here are some toughies I got in yesterday... Terry only 4 higher,Runnels 7, rookies 10 and Ueck just 12!