Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213
    Some new additions to my 1960 Topps set....

• Options
    A couple more.....

• Options
    SOme new Mike Schmidts... All Gem Mint....

• Options
  • Options
    ANd a new Gem Mint Carlton....

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Superb Justin! Thanx for sharing.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    purduepetepurduepete Posts: 791 ✭✭✭
    I recently just purchased my first PSA graded card, so now I have something to show on this thread image

imageimage

I still haven't decided on whether or not to crack it for my completed raw set (since the slab has 2 frosted corners), or to start a graded set... image
    Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • Options
    I always enjoy looking at the variety of cards on this thread. I have been slowly working on a cabinet card type collection. I try to pick up 2 different examples a year. Here is the first one for 2009:

• Options
    Congratulations on your first graded Tom!

Here is something for the Dodger collector - I was a fan as a small child - the "Duke" was my favorite - of course.

This is the original production art used for the small oval insert in the 63T card - #550.

I'll be framing the card and the art insert - should make a nice companion piece.

This is not my card - I'm gonna be picking it up - don't need a really good one since I'm framing it.

Here's the production photo which was carefully 'whited' out and then the green background was added.

Thanx for veiwing.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Tom- For Petes sake don't go to the dark side and start a graded setimage What are we going to do w/o you on raw Saturdays? Did you know the Rose looked tampered with (IYO) when you bought it? Crack it! crack it! Doug

Mike- That's a cool insert and should look nice when they are put together. Thanks for sharing
  • Options
    AUPTAUPT Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    DrJ . . . Too bad your 1981 Fleer Schmidt is mislabeled. That ain't the portrait.
  • Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    Here's one I just added to my 1960 Bell Brand set. This is one of those sets where you don't see the cards much at all, so I'll be happy to finish it in any condition.

I'm not sure what Will is doing in this picture. The back says he had been battling painful foot injuries, so maybe he's just walking carefully.

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>One of those cards that doesn't fit into any particular collection I have going... except maybe the "Just Had to Have" collection.

image >>

Nice card! I'm going to have to put together the '53 Bowman sets one of these days. >>

As far as photography goes, I think the 53 Bowman Color Set has to be the best ever. OMG these are amazing. I wish they weren't so darn expense.
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    Here is a few more of my cards:

1919-21 W514 #25 Eddie Collins SGC 70 EX+

1919 W519 Numbered #15 Ray Schalk BVG AUTH (Beckett didn't know who this card was of, last Almanac only had 3-4 cards identified)

1922 Neilson's Chocolates V61 #40 Urban Shocker BVG 1

Anyone a Black Sox Fan?

1911 M116 Sporting Life Eddie Collins

1922 American Caramel Co E120 Urban Shocker SGC60 EX

1928 W513 #70 Paul Waner SGC92 NM/MT+

1928 W502 #14 Pie Traynor GAI 4 VG-EX

1956 Topps Ted Williams BVG 4 VG-EX

Enjoy,

Dave
  • Options
    Got these unopened yesterday...

1973 Topps Baseball Unopened Wax Box
    1975 Topps Baseball Unopened Cello Box
    1975 Topps Baseball Unopened Wax Box
    1976 Topps Baseball Unopened Wax Box

The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Got these unopened yesterday...

1973 Topps Baseball Unopened Wax Box
    1975 Topps Baseball Unopened Cello Box
    1975 Topps Baseball Unopened Wax Box
    1976 Topps Baseball Unopened Wax Box

image >>

imageimage
  • Options
    From time to time, I'll pick up an auto item.

I have a few auto'ed PS cards - like Ted Williams.

This one is very light - but a PSA/DNA and thus, I feel genuine and worth having in my collection - it was priced accordingly.

Thanx for veiwing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Just purchased from Moosedog -

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    And this came today ( friday) a few minutes ago...

74 wax box...

84 Racks here's one of the boxes and ol Dan Marino's RC right on top...

I love unopened stuff!!

The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    Great wax boxes. I never get tired of seeing those unopened boxes. I really like the '74 box with the images of cards on it. It is a nice touch.
  • Options
    Here are some 1933 Goudeys that I received last week for my set.

imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    Felicia
    That rack with Marino on top couldnt be any better! It also has the Glossy Marino for the insert in the same pack! Good going!
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Felicia,

Does that 84 rack have two Marino's on top of the same rack? If so, that has to be pretty rare and valuable to the right buyer. Are you planning on ripping all of those boxes? That looks like a ton of fun!!!
  • Options
    Its not cards..but this came today and its fun and I wanted to share...

I've been playing all day and its a blast.. ( for those of you younger kids we played these all the time before playstation and nintendo)!!

Eight Ball Deluxe Pinball...

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Awesome pinball machine...I hope to pick up a "Big Hurt" Pinball machine in the not too distant future.

As always, beautiful unopened material.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    I like the pinball machine. However, I love the Galaga game.
  • Options

<< <i>I like the pinball machine. However, I love the Galaga game. >>

Me too! Liked it way more than packman. I go back to pinball machines without electricity!

BTW - sweet run of Goudeys David. I remember having a book somewhere that listed cards that one 'should' have in their collection and the 33G Hack Wilson was on the list.

On the pinball thing - when I was stationed at Ft. Gordon, GA - a guy who repaired pinball machines had a mess of really old ones that were fully operational - he had a baseball game - where if ya hit one of the ramps the ball went into the upper deck - it was really cool - he only wanted 250$ for it - but I had no where to put it - wished I had it now.

I also like unopened - I picked up mine back in the late 80s/early 90s when it was more affordable. I have a Topps run of wax from 1976 to 1985. And a run of vending from 1985 to 1979.

Dave - also a nice run you picked up! I see 2 Shocker cards - are they the same issue?

Thanx for sharing this stuff.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Dave - also a nice run you picked up! I see 2 Shocker cards - are they the same issue?

Thanx for sharing this stuff.
    mike >>

No, both are from 1922 with the same photo and design. One is the American Caramel E120 and the other comes from the Neilson's Chocolates V61 (Canadian Issue).

Dave
  • Options
    Thanx Dave - that's what I thought.

Back then, I was wondering if the same printer produced the sets for both companies for their promotion? Or in some instances 'stock' photos were sold to the printers of the sets for the individual companies. But, in this case the design looks the same - so I'm guessin the same printer?

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Haven't purchased in a while, won these two:

imageimage
  • Options
    Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    This just came back from Newport Beach. I bought it raw off eBay in July of 2007 for $22.
    Needless to say I am very happy!

imageimage

Charles
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This just came back from Newport Beach. I picked it up for $

imageimage

Charles >>

Excellent card , nicely centered .

Nice pick up.image
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    Nice cards! Hey Stingray, I recognize the Trammell. I sent it in for grading several yrs ago.
  • Options
    A few new additions to the 1960 Topps Set...

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    And a Bunning for my player set if PSA ever gets around to adding it to the registry...

• Options
    Sting - as usual - some really great cards for your set.

Charles - the Aaron is absolutely sweet!

Dr J - some really nice additions to your set - I've never seen that "coach's" card before - kinda cool - the 60T Snider is one of my favorites with respect to the player cards they made of him.

Thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    I just picked this up the other day and received it today. My first '54 Bowman. No creases and I thought good eye appeal for the grade.

Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    Here are two cards that I received today for my set. This brings me to the 75% mark. It has been a slow process.

imageimage

• Options
    Congratulations on getting to 75% David - that Doc Johnston card is absolutely a beauty!

Also, congrats to daddym on picking up your first 54B card! A Willie - very nice!

Thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    That is a great looking '75 Topps Aaron. That should provide a nice ROI for you.

• Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Congrats on 75%! I love the Cracker Jack sets. Do you have a link to your set?
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    Here is a 1914 Cracker Jack that I received today.

• Options
    AUPTAUPT Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    Who's "Willie May"?
  • Options
    I am still scanning my CJ cards. However, here is the 1915 CJ set. 1915 CJ set
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Nice Cracker Jacks packman. And also great cards posted here by all. image

I'm just getting started on a set of T218s. Grabbed these five from Bryon (Elemenopeo) on the BST board. Many thanks Bryon.

I have a few more in the mail. image
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Very cool cards...though the variety information on the first slab is kind of disturbing.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    Great T218s. I think they are one of the best looking sets ever made.
  • Options
    Wow this dropped to page 5!!

Just won these, at the prices these are going for just might have to do this one, maybe??

imageimage