Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow - so much great stuff!

Thanx for posting!

But Ted - that's a great pickup - Is that Adam Vinatieri the FG kicker for the Colts? If so - tremendous!

And MD - that auto card is superb! Robinson, Musial and Aaron on the same card! I would like to have a card like that framed!

thanx again
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Yeah, I agree. MajorDanby, you've outdown yourself. That auto card belongs in a museum. Congratulations and thanks a lot for sharing with us.

Arthur
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Stuff for the sets...
    imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

• Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭

<< <i>But Ted - that's a great pickup - Is that Adam Vinatieri the FG kicker for the Colts? If so - tremendous! >>

Yes it is Stone. image Those were worn by Adam when he was with the Patriots against the Steelers in the Patriots last AFC Championship game. I was bummed to see him go, but I'm still a huge fan.
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Another for the set:

• Options
    Nice '75 Phil Niekro...looks like a 9 to me.

Kirk, keep it going! image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options

Lots of amazing stuff on this page. That triple auto is just remarkable... AND it's an 8. Wow. Nice going.

• Options
    Couple more Luis Tiant's for my "hopefully soon to be approved and added" Luis Tiant basic player set registry. image

* '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Another Camilo for my "soon to be added", I hope, basic player set. Also, another Tony Perez on my 'side' basic player set that I've started image

* '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    A new pickup of a couple of T3 Turkeys framed and matted together. Not in the greatest shape, with a couple of pinholes, but T3's nonetheless and didn't have to break the bank.....

• Options
    edited to remove dup posting
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Arny,

Nice 65', always liked the look of that set.
  • Options

<< <i>here are a few pickups. I now have dust left in my pocket. I really like the auto. I was thinking of getting one of those modern dual or triple autos...but, then i saw that card up for auction...

image >>

BEAUTIFUL!!!!image
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Scooter,
    Nice pickup. I saw that in the Heritage auction. I was going after the B18 blanket display but I was outbid. Not a big deal since I'm not a St. Louis fan, but I really liked the two pieces, including the one you picked up. If it had been a team I like, you would have had some serious competition. image
  • Options

<< <i>Scooter,
    Nice pickup. I saw that in the Heritage auction. I was going after the B18 blanket display but I was outbid. Not a big deal since I'm not a St. Louis fan, but I really liked the two pieces, including the one you picked up. If it had been a team I like, you would have had some serious competition. image >>

I really liked the blankets that Heritage had as well, but figured I could only spend for either the T-3's or the blankets, not both. They went for a reasonable price (under $100) considering what the framing probably cost. I'm a Boston fan so the St. Louis part didn't have the appeal to me, but I couldn't turn down a couple of cabinet cards. Thanks!
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Since this is a memorabilia forum, here is my latest college football program. Great artwork at a bargain!
  • Options
    Got a bunch of Dorsett's in the mail today for the master, all from the seller .

Dave
  • Options
    A few more Tony Perez cards to add to my basic set....

* '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Couple more Luis Tiant's for my "hopefully soon to be approved and added" Luis Tiant basic player set registry. image

>>

Arny, did you see this article?
  • Options
    Nice T3's and Great Matty!

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Couple more Luis Tiant's for my "hopefully soon to be approved and added" Luis Tiant basic player set registry. image

>>

Arny, did you see this article? >>

Thanks....I hadn't seen that. I agree that Tony Oliva should be in there too! image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options

<< <i>Nice T3's and Great Matty!

image >>

Sweet Wagner - what is that, from one of the caramel series?
  • Options
    Scooter

Great pickup! You know I'm lovin' those T3s.

Very cool.

thanx
    mike
    Mike
  • Options

brumbach -- Holy smokes! Any idea when the Lindstrom and Manush were signed?

• Options
    Brum

That Heine is just totally sweet!

Is Lindy a tough sig?

Thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options

FOR THE MODERN COLLECTION
  • Options
    Not sure when they were signed, probably either period or 50's/60's for both. Manush was elected to the HOF in 1964 and passed in 1971; this was an absolute coupe at $154 I think, I outbid two other dealers and a 1954 Topps collector for it, I don't think that many people that collect autographs are aware that he's in the set.

Lindstrom isn't really all that tough, a nice Lindstrom in ballpoint on a Goudey on the other hand will set you back $260. It has back damage though from having been mounted in a scrapbook though that I was not aware of when I bid. The damage is excess paper from the scrapbook as opposed to paper loss, but I don't know how I would get it off if I ever decided upon going that route.
  • Options
    This poor thread fell all the way back to page 5.

A few new additions. The Dempsey is a pop 1/none higher. I've only been collecting boxing fot about 8 months now but this is the finest looking example of this card I've seen. Not sure if the set is notoriously tough or not but I've picked up two other copies in my travels (all raw) that would grade in the 2-3 range. The #1 guy in the Dempsey registry has a PSA 3 and the #2 guy has a PSA 4 so I'm pretty happy about this one.

And this guy ...

Arthur
  • Options
    Superb additions to your collection Arthur.

I don't know about others, but I haven't picked anything up.

I did get another game - hasn't come in yet.

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    brumbach, those are some great vintage autos. However, as a diehard Will Clark collector, I have to say that auto looks like no authentic Clark auto I've ever seen. Did you get it in person? There are traits that are similar, but the "L" just seems way off. I know some athlete's signatures change dramatically from one to the next, but Will's has always been quite consistent.

• Options
    Almost forgot about this one. Not slabbed yet (and it appears it won't be for at least another 30 days image ) but it will be as soon as we have a pre-war special.

1926 W512 Hand cut

Arthur
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>Superb additions to your collection Arthur.

I don't know about others, but I haven't picked anything up.

I did get another game - hasn't come in yet.

thanx for sharing
    mike >>

Thanks Mike. Something about that 1901 PSA 6 of a HOFer that just makes me smile when I look at it. image

Arthur
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭✭
    Work has been keeping me fairly busy (grrr) but here are a few new additions this week. The Mecca Double Folders came from a board member here. My first sampling of these cards. The set is small enough that Ii may make a run at it.

Arthur, I wish I could stay as focused as you!!

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    A few more came in today image This is more what the hobby is about for me. The love of a wide range of cards.

• Options
    Matt, another nice Cartledge. I finally broke down and got a Dempsey in 8. I had been waiting for a 9 to show up but the price was right. I'm sure glad you already have one for your set. image

Arthur
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Those are some awesome T201s!

Thanks for sharing image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Thanks guys ... I don't scan every incoming card but was trying to bring a little normalcy to the board.

Arthur ... there are some great graded boxing cards on the Bay now. Maybe I should check the raw pier more frequently.?.?.
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Picked up a couple Orrs this week from the ol post office, my favorite place to go... everyday image

• Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    Sorry guys no drama here, just some mail

Big thanks to Matt for this Emmitt he sent to me . . I told him how much i miss working on the Emmitt set after i sold off about 60 Emmitts and he was nice enough to send this card for nothing. What a guy ! Thanks Matt

#'d / 229

#'d / 500

Dave

• Options

Dave

I don't remember seeing a Crunch set thru UD in 97. How was it distributed?

Chrunch time! What game was that? Does it say on the back?

mike

Mike
  • Options
    Mike, to be honest with you i don't know much at all about this set.

Picked it up about a week ago on Ebay

On the back it says the game was against Seattle where he came off the bench to hit a big basket with 1.45 left in the game. Lakers won 104-103

Dave
  • Options
    Goodsport40Goodsport40 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    Kobe:

That 97 Bowman's Best refractor is one of the coolest modern cards I've seen. Great job!

Robert
  • Options
    Thank you Robert , appreciate that

Dave
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Picked up a couple Orrs this week >>

Those are both exceptionally nice. I think the 8 might just have a touch more eye appeal, but they're both stellar.
  • Options

<< <i>Mike, to be honest with you i don't know much at all about this set.

Picked it up about a week ago on Ebay

On the back it says the game was against Seattle where he came off the bench to hit a big basket with 1.45 left in the game. Lakers won 104-103

Dave >>

Thanx Dave

It's a cool card - I look food issues - I used to chase them in the early 90s.

Remember the 92UD McDonald's BKB?

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Your welcome Dave!

Have fun adding it to your new set image
  • Options
    My laptop is back from the shop (again) so my scanner's gonna be smoking this weekend. Here's the first. The 1966 and 1970 Marichals came from a board member. The Standup has a wax stain on the back, but the card presents wonderfully for the price.

• Options
    This is the first non-Giant card I've bought in a *very* long time. I think it's also raced to the front of the pack and is now my favorite card. While I've been a Will Clark fan for 20 years, he's never really been a "hero" to me. I'm not sure if Marvin Miller is, but he's pretty damn close. It's shocking that the HoF Veterans Committee failed again to induct him. How any player could vote against his candidacy is simply beyond me.

(Oh, Stone193 also has this same card, and it was after seeing his in this same thread that I went out and tracked down my own copy. Thanks Mike!)