Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Killer in full swing

• Options
    Nice Cincy, I must say that is one card I have never seen before. Congrats on the grade.

I wonder why Psa didnt put it in a coin holder though ?

• Options
    Up until my submissions, there were only 3 French Bauers ever graded (the only Rose was a PSA 3). They are not in the coin holders either. Personally, I like the card holders better. I wonder if the first submission requested the type of holder. Does PSA allow that when it is the first of its kind sumbitted?
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭✭
    These are freshly back from PSA ... obviously I remain all over the map in my collecting interests.

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great additions gents...

But the card that caught my eye tonite is the Joe Louis - sweet card Halo. Is that a British set?

Tom

Killer has a great swing and a superb sig! I would really like to work on that set - but my agenda is full.

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Tkd, That is one sweet sig from the killa ! I love the Greatest moments set as well.

I have a few of them, From what I have heard there are several cards from the set that are impossible to find autographed, as the set came out close to the players passing away.

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Killer in full swing

image >>

One of my favorites, Tkd. I took mine out of my ebay store and decided to keep it.
  • Options
    This is my last addition...

This Little League Baseball game is from about 1950 - there's no date - it's pristine!

Never been used - that's unheard of for something this old! The boardmen are in their original paper bag with a rusted out staple - intact!

For game collectors - this is like the ultimate!!!

thanx for giving me the opportunity to show it.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I just noticed the background of the Killebrew, Was it hat day at the stadium that day or what ??

• Options
    Mike that is a great looking game, The colors make it look like new !

Do you ever come across any games that were actually played with real BB cards ?
    I seem to remember having one of my brothers games that had 68 cards in it.

• Options

<< <i>Mike that is a great looking game, The colors make it look like new !

Do you ever come across any games that were actually played with real BB cards ?
    I seem to remember having one of my brothers games that had 68 cards in it. >>

TB

The Milton Bradley games from 69 and 70 feature players - it's a cool set.

This is the one from 1970. I don't have the one from 1969 which has more players in it I believe.

I also have the MB Championship Baseball game from 1984 which has cards that I believe some may have had graded - the one I have is still in the original shrink wrap - truly mint in box (MIB).

mike

edit: I think MB also made a set in 1972 - again a ton of players.
    Mike
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>These are freshly back from PSA ... obviously I remain all over the map in my collecting interests.

image >>

Matt,

Is there anything wrong with the Brady that makes it not worth cracking out and sending back in?

If not I would do it.
  • Options
    What I want to know is why that Louis isn't an 8? Are there surface issues we can't see or something going on in the back? C'mon Halosfan, give us a scan that justifies such a beautiful card. image

Excellent find! image

Arthur
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What I want to know is why that Louis isn't an 8? Are there surface issues we can't see or something going on in the back? C'mon Halosfan, give us a scan that justifies such a beautiful card. image

Excellent find! image

Arthur >>

It looks as if the lower left corner has a dark area which may indicate lifted paper.

Either way, its a nice card!

• Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭
    Picked this up a few years ago! (edit: thought I'd post it now for cincyfan to enjoy!)

rd

image Still the highest graded PSA example!
  • Options
    This one came in the mail today...my first T206 HOFer

• Options
    Nice Bender!

My friend Bob and I were big wiffle ball players and we would always compare notes on girls we met.
    The final evaluation was always "Can she hit the bender?" If she could, she was a keeper.

Enjoy the card!
  • Options
    Congratulations on your first T206 HOF'er Sparks!

I only have a few HOF'ers in my T3 set - unfortunately the first one I bought is trimmed.

Good luck in the future.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭
    Stole this 1976 GAI 9 OPC hockey pack for $28. An 8.5 just sold for over $60.
  • Options
    These two came today for my Dorsett sets

Dave
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    65 OPC Clemente, my first OPC Clemente card. Top left corner is dinged but overall it's ok.

• Options
    Calling BigDaddyBowman.....

My first '51 Bowman. I absolutely love this set.

• Options
    And another new one, to help turn the page....

• Options
    These are my fourth and fifth uncut strips of 1920s boxers. image

1923 W580 Uncut strip. This strip features Gene Tunney and precedes all his other sports cards by 3 years. Had never seen this strip or this card before I purchased this.

1920 W529-1 Uncut strip. This set features numerous variations amongst the numbering, font, placement of names and image flipping with varying combinations of those. Hence, the -1 suffix attached to the set number. This strip features HOFers Jack Dempsey and Georges Carpentier and precedes their mainstream releases by two years.

Arthur
  • Options
    Hey Arthur,
    Do they have Ultimate Fighting Trading Cards? if so, do you collect them......talk about heart pounding...that is a Man's SPort!
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Calling BigDaddyBowman.....

My first '51 Bowman. I absolutely love this set.

image >>

ALRIGHT!!!!!I AM GLAD TO SEE OTHERS APPRECIATING VINTAGE BOWMAN FOOTBALL!

Great looking Conerly! The ironic thing is that this Conerly was the first 51 that I ever bought too. .about 12 years ago. Unfortunately, it was a trimmed card...bummer! Nice first pick up on an awesome set .....I am sure that there will be more in your future because Bowman are like Lay's Potato Chips "You can't eat just one!" If you are looking for any more mid and lower grade 51's or any other vintage bowman, let me know...maybe we can trade or sell.
    Congrats on the great Conerly!
  • Options

<< <i>My first '51 Bowman. I absolutely love this set. >>

Congratulations Tom.

After I complete my 63F BB set - I will be starting a FB set or a Red Man set. Since it'll be of a lesser grade - who knows? Both!

Good luck in completing the set.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    A couple more for the set:

imageimage
  • Options
    Nothing earthshattering or anything...

From the toppsvault - 81T Hoffman pen and ink for the reverse side cartoon.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭

<< <i>I just got these back from a recent submission...The 56's were part of my dad's collection when he was a kid. Some day I'll have to get serious about working on that set.

Great turnaround on this order, btw. Mailed the cards on a Saturday and had my grades the following Tuesday. I was happy with all the grades, but thrilled to finally have an Ozzie Rookie that I can live with for my set.

-Todd-

image >>

Beautiful cards! Clemente is a hard one, my recent submission got back a 5.
  • Options
    Nice 56's !!

Arrived today for my Magic / Dorsett sets

Dave
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭
    I got these TTM today from Spring Training.

Andy Van Slyke

Ryan Zimmerman
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    alifaxwa2

Nice autographs! I used to love sending to spring training for autographs. Those pics make me want to get off my butt and do it again!
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options

<< <i>alifaxwa2

Nice autographs! I used to love sending to spring training for autographs. Those pics make me want to get off my butt and do it again! >>

Thanks alot. I only sent out 7 baseballs and about 17 cards this year, all to guys that were/are Pirates, Nats and Orioles. Those 2 ball are all that i have gotten back so far. Getting those back have really made wish I sent out more. May try to get a few more out soon.

Its not too late for you to get some stuff out. Personally, I always try to get them there no later than when ST games start since I think after that players mail is starting to pile up and those that sign occasionally may be less inclined to sign then since games have started.

Commissions

• Options
    Alifaxwa2, how do you handle the return shipping on the baseballs? Thanks and nice autos!

Arthur
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Alifaxwa2, how do you handle the return shipping on the baseballs? Thanks and nice autos!

Arthur >>

When I sent out a few baseballs, I put them in large padded envelopes, including a similar SASE in the package. Actually, I think I put the ball in small box inside the envelope. Every player put it back in the box before putting that inside the SASE. Works pretty well. I know some people send bats to players through the mail, so I suspect balls are pretty common. In some ways, I think a ball might have a better rate of return, as it sticks out from the more common envelopes and bubble mailers.
  • Options

<< <i>Alifaxwa2, how do you handle the return shipping on the baseballs? Thanks and nice autos!

Arthur >>

ajw has it right. I use 2 big padded envelopes, 1 inside the other. And I have the ball in the box they come in, but opened up so the player doesn't have to deal with it. I also send a blue ball point pen. Zimmerman sent it back in the box, Van Slyke just sent the ball back. But it smeared because of the Gel Pen, not the lack of box.

Commissions

• Options
    Just a couple I picked up this week under $10 Bucks, With more on the way.

imageimage

• Options
    THIS DARN THING LISTENS TO ME LIKE MY KIDS!!! IT DOESN"T!!!!
  • Options
    Obviously patience is not one of my qualities!! LOL
  • Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    tennesseebanker,

Sweet pickup on one HOF'er and one future HOF'er! Can't beat the price either. I wouldn't mind seeing Clemens back in a Sox uinform this summer. image

BigDaddyBowman, nice Joe Perry! Did you get it off Ebay?

Here is a recent pickup of mine.

Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options
    Nice NM7 daddy bowman.....where are you in the registry?
  • Options
    here are a few pickups. I now have dust left in my pocket. I really like the auto. I was thinking of getting one of those modern dual or triple autos...but, then i saw that card up for auction...

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭✭
    Major ... nice on both counts ... especially the auto!!!! well done
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards