Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    This is what I love about eBay. I just won this college football program for $1.25!

I went to Penn and Princeton is a big rival. Just the cover art alone is worth more that the price. Something about getting a 66 year old program for less than the cost of any magazine on the newsstand today just makes my day.

• Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Definitely a bargain there, tkd7. Great job!

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UncBob, Those are nice magazines. I have a couple with Mantle on the cover. One is from 1962 and the other is from 1964. Very nice 51s also!!
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    I got my laptop back, which means my scanner's going to be running overtime this weekend. Here are few interesting Will Clark oddball pieces.

The small ones are Red Foley cards. I still don't really know the deal with these, and I don't really consider them cards (maybe they're stickers), but they're cheap and listed on Beckett's checklist, so I picked them up.

The large item is from the 1990 50 Hottest Players set. It's apparently a sticker, but I know absolutely nothing about the issue.

The square sticker is a 1992 BB's Best Hit Men sticker. The seller says it's related to the Red Foley stickers. That's about all I know.

The other two items are a 1992 LK Sports Mug Decal. These were used by LK to put on coffee mugs. The decals themselves are designed to be peeled off their backing and are very fragile.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could check these issues out in the Standard Catalog. I'd like to know a little more about them, if possible.

Here's another new addition to my ever-growing Juan Marichal collection. I really like the 1970 Kellogg's set, but I hate the plastic insert PSA used to slab this one. The slab itself also has a decent scratch in it, which is disappointing.

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    I know most of you aren't FB guys, but I just picked up a sweet lot of 67 Topps. Its a real tough issue and the reason I love the set is because I think the design is the most "60's" of any set issued.

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    nice 67's.. i think its my favorite 60's football set.. although i like the 66 topps too..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Those are really nice 67's. Nice corners and the color is great.
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Im diggin those 67's that is one of my favorite sets of all time. They are all groovy !

• Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    One more Marichal. The T/B centering isn't great, but it's still a sharp card.

I also got a 1991 Topps Cracker Jack card in the mail. I've never been sure how these were different than the Topps micro, so I thought I'd post them for everyone. The top card is the standard issue, the second card is the Cracker Jack and the bottom is the micro. Other than the size, the backs on the CJ and the micro are different. The micro is a perfect copy of the standard issue, while the CJ has a different back. (I'm not sure anyone cares, but I'm happy to finally know the differences...)

(does anyone know how to post images side by side, rather than on different lines?)

imageimage

(Edited after Stown and Arthur both showed me how to place the images next to each other.)
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>(does anyone know how to post images side by side, rather than on different lines?) >>

Just put a space between the two like this (spaces in the IMG done on purpose):

[I MG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/ajwiesner/t.jpg[/IMG] [space] [I MG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/ajwiesner/u.jpg[/IMG]

imageimage
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    When you type out the (IMG)blahblahblah(/IMG) just place them next to each other rather than on the next line down. Like this ...

(IMG)mywickedawesomecard(/IMG)(IMG)myotherwickedawesomecard(/IMG)

Arthur
  • Options
    Guys this has to go down as my biggest mailday ever . . I can tell from the look my wife gave me when she saw all the bubble mailers that she thinks i should be put in the looney bin . . Not real happy about the crack in the 83 Dorsett sticker case but what are you going to do.It's actually alot worse on the backside

Dave
  • Options
  • Options
    Just picked up an Eli Marrero game worn 2006 Rockies helmet to go along with my Marrero game worn 6/4/06 jersey...........now I'm going to try and get all his jersey's and other equipment while playing with the Rockies, since it only lasted less than 3 months

• Options
    Cool game used helmet. That's a great item.

1991 was a great year for Topps. I love that set, they really broke out with some eclectic photography.

Here is an addition to my Red Heart Set:

• Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    Still working on the Pinson set, this is one of my favorite of his cards that I just picked up.

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    rbdjr

Fantastic looking Brock.

Kobe
    that is one heck of a mail day, nice pickups

• Options

Picked this up today!

My first OPC 10
  • Options
  • Options
    mcholke, thank you and that 63 Fleer of Vada is beautiful . . Front scan looks like a 9 to me

Dave
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭✭
    It was a decent mail day here ... I'm still lacking focus but here are a few of today's arrivals.

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    Matt,

How far along are you on that Cartledge set? I've noticed you posting a lot of 8's. Nice work.

Arthur
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭✭
    40 or so % down on the Cartledge set and around 24 % down on the 38 Churchman set. Slowly plugging away at both with a stright 8 set goal.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    Wow. Nice work. Have you picked up any of the big $ cards yet or are you chipping away at the others?

Arthur
  • Options
    Matt, I just checked out your registries, pretty impressive. I noticed you've already got a Cartledge Dempsey in 8. I've been holding off on getting one of those in the hopes that a 9 would pop up. Needless to say, one did and I missed out. image

Arthur
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Still working on the Pinson set, this is one of my favorite of his cards that I just picked up.

image >>

Very nice card!

I was bidding on it but quit at SMR. Centering is super!

Congratulations
    mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Still working on the Pinson set, this is one of my favorite of his cards that I just picked up.

image >>

Very nice card!

Congratulations
    mike >>

Mike, thanks for the compliment. Not sure if we were bidding on same card, I got it for less than SMR. If I looked right SMR is $50. In any case, you are right about the centering. Could not pass it up.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

Very nice card!

Congratulations
    mike >>

Mike, thanks for the compliment. Not sure if we were bidding on same card, I got it for less than SMR. If I looked right SMR is $50. In any case, you are right about the centering. Could not pass it up. >>

My bad.

I thought it was 40$ - which was how much I set a snipe for.

It's a great card - a well centered card should go for closer or at or over slightly above SMR.

Again - congratulations - if you don't mind me asking - what did you set a snipe at? I might have considered setting it at 50$ - SMR on that one.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    For Some Reason I have been buying a lot of 83 Donruss lately, Even put them in the registry.

• Options
    Help ! I am buying 83 Donruss and I cant stop !

• Options
    TB

The Boggs is pure perfection!!!

Very nice pickup - what does a 10 go for?

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Ok another Simms for the collection, Life is back to normal..

• Options
    T_Bank, that Boggs is perfect! Nice find. Oddly enough, I actually did a search for PSA 10 Boggs RCs the other day. One of the first non-boxing/non-Mike Greenwell card searches I've done on ebay in months. Great card, congrats.

Arthur
  • Options
    Got in my auto'd Marcus Thames spring training bat today, will take some pics tonight.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options

<< <i>TB

The Boggs is pure perfection!!!

Very nice pickup - what does a 10 go for?

thanx for sharing
    mike >>

Lately I have seen them go from 49-69 dollars on E-bay I used a BIN for $49.99 for this one.

• Options
    Ok somebody held a gun to my head and made me buy these !

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

Very nice card!

Congratulations
    mike >>

Mike, thanks for the compliment. Not sure if we were bidding on same card, I got it for less than SMR. If I looked right SMR is $50. In any case, you are right about the centering. Could not pass it up. >>

My bad.

I thought it was 40$ - which was how much I set a snipe for.

Mike PM Sent

It's a great card - a well centered card should go for closer or at or over slightly above SMR.

Again - congratulations - if you don't mind me asking - what did you set a snipe at? I might have considered setting it at 50$ - SMR on that one.

mike >>

• Options

tennesseebanker
    Nice Simms, you out sniped me on that one.
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    Just back from PSA today

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage

75 OPC Ryan is available.

Josh
  • Options
    I won this card on ebay last night. I can't wait for it to show up!
  • Options
    Those Venezuelan's are tough to find. The best one I have is a 1967 Dave Concepcion PSA 3.
  • Options
    Josh

Nice 67V Mick! Does it have much back damage?

The 75OPC Ryan is sweet!

TB

You're a buying machine! That's a tremendous lot of 80Ts! The Bench looks like a 10!

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Great looking card. He was one of my favorite players growing up. He should be in the HOF
  • Options

<< <i>I won this card on ebay last night. I can't wait for it to show up!
    image >>

Cincy

What can I say - that's a great card - he's just about my all-time favorite catcher. Next to Campy that is.
    I happen to like the 70T set design BTW.

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

I've never seen that Koufax before. Thanks for sharing!
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts