Home U.S. Coin Forum

My 50,000th Post - I have been hired by ICG as a coin grader

This is my 50,000th post and I want to announce something very exciting, which is also coin related!

I have been hired by ICG as a Coin Grader. I will begin working for ICG in April, and will be grading all sorts of coins depending upon the types of submissions received and the needs of the company. I can tell you during my testing period I graded everything – Ancients, Type coins, dollars, gold, 20th century coins and moderns. Business is very good out there, and they are hiring me because they are simply receiving more coins and needed another grader. They did not hire me to replace someone else. This was evident at the ICG office as there were many coins of all types (ancients, US and modern).

I have been asked not to comment on ICG’s standards, procedures or anything else at this time. I hope you understand and respect this and not make this thread go off track. I encourage all questions about ICG to be directed to our President, James Taylor.

For those of you who deal with me all the time, I will finish up all my deals prior to heading to Colorado, and will no longer be able to buy or sell coins. Although we are still discussing it, I believe I will be allowed an exception to collect (in other words “buy”, but not "buy/sell") sample slabs. I will not be able to buy post March-2005 ICG samples. So please keep me in mind with any and all sample slabs as usual (except for post March-2005 ICG issues).

Cool 50,000th post huh?image

Cameron Kiefer

Comments

• imageimageCongrats
  • Congratulations, Cam!
  • Congradulations. On the job that is. image
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    EXCELLENT!

Are you going to wear a goofy hat now too?
  • Way to go Cameron...image

But who am going to buy all my sample slabs from image

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    Does this alos mean you won't be around here either?
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations cameron. Should be a fantastic skill builder seeing so many pieces. image
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • 12500 post a year, wow. That sounds like a full time job.

• << <i>Does this alos mean you won't be around here either? >>

I will still be able to post here but the next few weeks are going to be very busy and I won't be online that much.

Cameron Kiefer
  • laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255

<< <i>12500 post a year, wow. That sounds like a full time job. >>

30,000 in the past 14 months.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Congrats and best wishes.

It is quite an accomplishment to have achieved this at your age.
    "DragonAzz doesn't strike me as a nutcase." clw54 06/18/06

The good thing about having multiple personalities is that there's always a designated driver.

Yes, I'm an agent of Satan but my duties are largely ceremonial.
  • CONGRATULATIONS!!

Good for ICG and You!!

If I only had a dollar for every VAM I have...err...nevermind...I do!! image

My "Fun With 21D" Die State Collection - QX5 Pics Attached
    -----
    Proud Owner of
    2 –DAMMIT BOY!!! ® Awards
  • Hey - can we still pick on you at coin shows and make you give us free sample slabs? image

CONGRATULATIONS! image
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Great news Cameron, they picked the perfect person for the job. Congrats on having the guts to go for itimage Are you going to have to move?-----------------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • TayTayTayTay Posts: 465 ✭✭

<< <i>Congrats and best wishes.

It is quite an accomplishment to have achieved this at your age. >>

I second that, but even though you are given a pretty rough go of it here, I doubt that too many are actually surprised. I wish you well!
    "What are you putting that tape on your nose for?"
    "Exactly."

• Yes, I will be moving to Denver, Colorado.

Cameron Kiefer
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great.

The hobby needed a fouth major coin grading company.

No doubt there will be a whole new series of sample slabs in the works.image
    Tempus fugit.
  • MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743
    That is great news Cameron. I knew you were going to become a part of this industry in a bigger way.
    I hope this is the start of many good things more.image
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it April 1 today?

Congratulations. Will you still be allowed to participate in the forum?
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and congratulations.

...you won't need good luck.
    Tempus fugit.
  • pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355
    Congratulations, and it's nice to hear good news about ICG.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Excellent news and Congratulations.image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Congrats, Cam! imageimage
    3 Jonesy Dammit Girls...CLW POTD!!! 10/9/05 image
  • LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    image and "Good Luck" in your future!!!! Lee

• << <i>Yes, I will be moving to Denver, Colorado.

Cameron Kiefer >>

It snows there!!image

Congrats! Will you get the chance to go to shows?
  • TheRockTheRock Posts: 766 ✭✭

CONGRATULATIONS !!! - Sounds like a fun job. You'll get to see just about everything that is out there. Enjoy CO, it's a great place to live and work.

"GOT TO LOVE THEM SMALL SIZE DEUCES, SC's, LT's & FRN's"

John DeRocker
    President/CEO
    The Rocks Collectables, LLC
    TRC, LLC
    jderocker003@gmail.com
    SPMC Member - LIFETIME
    EBAY - TRC, LLC

• << <i>

Congrats! Will you get the chance to go to shows? >>

If ICG decides to do on site grading or decides to send a grader to a show then yes. Otherwise I will not be attending the major shows like before.

Cameron Kiefer
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations Cameron!! That's a great achievement & I'm happy for you! Who would've known on the day of your first post that the
    50,000th would be something so noteworthy! This is fantastic! Good luck to you and I'm sure you'll enjoy Colorado. image

Quick question- Does this mean you're giving up on law enforcement or will that always be something on the back burner?

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

One more thing- I think you should start up the ICG Forums! image

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• wow. you go guy. thats great news.
    littlejohn
  • ERER Posts: 7,345
    VERY image
    I do hope you bring credibility to ICG and cut down on the undeserved MS/PF70 crap.image
  • Congratulations Cam! I'm real happy for you!

And congrats to ICG, too. Looks like they scored a great hire! image
  • MarkMark Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cameron:

I think ICG has snared one of the best and the brightest! Congratulations.

You mentioned that during your testing period you graded a huge variety of coins. Can you give us some more details about your testing period?

Mark
    Mark

• << <i>Cameron:

I think ICG has snared one of the best and the brightest! Congratulations.

You mentioned that during your testing period you graded a huge variety of coins. Can you give us some more details about your testing period?

Mark >>

I don't think I can comment on that. But I am going to be conservative and try not to comment too much on anything regarding procedures, number of coins, etc. (by the way this is my "canned response" to questions so do not read anything into it).

Cameron Kiefer
  • image and congrats. You'll have fun and make $$$ at the same time.
  • Congrats, Cameron - that is really cool!

You're definately on to a new adventure. You will probably see fewer bikinis in
    Denver, but there are still plenty of babes! I'm surprised nobody mentioned
    that here, yet! image

Ken
  • FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    Congratulations Cameron. The experience gained will greatly benefit your career. image young man!
  • FrankHKP7FrankHKP7 Posts: 116 ✭✭
    Congratulations!!image

Good luck in Denver. There are LOTS of hotties in that town!! Remember, the air is thinner there so don't over exert yourself!

Frank
    A man's not well dressed if his shoes are a mess.

• fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on your becoming a grader. I'll be there are alot of wannabes like me who are jealous!

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• clw54clw54 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations, Cameron. image
  • Congrats Cameron, I knew it was a matter of time before your talent was recognized!! image
    We are finite beings, limited in all our powers, and, hence, our conclusions are not only relative, but they should ever be held subject to correction. Positive assurance is unattainable. The dogmatist is the only one who claims to possess absolute certainty.

First POTD 9/19/05!!

• XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    Wow, how about that!

• Excellent Mr. Keifer. Mr. Cheney said you'd go far. image

We have plans, plots, conspiracies, and coverups...and we do it all for you. image

Scooter is free. image

It was Armitage, heh heh.
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cameron: I am very pleased for you, and wish you the best of success in your new career. You will be a great asset to ICG, and should help them continue to build their reputation in the numismatic community.

Congratulations!!imageimage

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, Cam! You get to look at cool coins all day, and they actually pay you for the privilege. That's some fun.
  • greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations. Are you concerned about leaving the California 'babes' behind? Do you think the CO snow bunnies will be able to match up to your standards?

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    Congrats ... I knew him when. You can't comment, but I can ... here's hoping you can bring a little more consistency/reality to their grading.
  • Wow! That is great news. It sounds like the classic win-win situation. ICG will get a dedicated, enthusastic and knowledgeable grader and you will get to see tons of coins, learn more and make money while doing so.

Congratulations Cameron!
  • 66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations,yySo your saying we read all those post and you get to be a grader and no giveawayimage
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Cameron. You will be about 30 miles from that WhiteLightnin dude up in Loveland. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file