Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My 50,000th Post - I have been hired by ICG as a coin grader

Comments

• Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Congratulations image

imageHere's to a long career in the coin industry (GTG says it can make you money) image
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    Congratulations Cameron!
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just realized.....

CarolJ will miss you at the shows image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Cameron!
    Something most collectors dream of.
    Al
  • Options
    uofa1285uofa1285 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭
    Cam,

Congratulations! Is the collector in you sad at all that you will not be able to buy newps anymore?

Doug
    Visit my eBay Store to see my (mostly) overpriced Rainbow Toned PCGS/NGC coins! IshopCoinShows4You
  • Options
    GeminiGemini Posts: 3,085
    Congratulations Cameron and with your expertize you'll have them whipped into shape in no time...image
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭
    BAN HIM!!!

Congratulations Cameron.
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options

<< <i>Congratulations! Is the collector in you sad at all that you will not be able to buy newps anymore? >>

Yes but no. I haven't collected as much as I did in the past, and have been dealing a lot more then collecting. I'm going into it knowing I can't buy or sell and that is ok with me.image

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options

<< <i>Yes but no. I haven't collected as much as I did in the past, and have been dealing a lot more then collecting. I'm going into it knowing I can't buy or sell and that is ok with me. >>

Pete Rose. image
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Cameron!

Cam: Why would there be a ban on you buying post March 2005 ICG samples?

I would think that as an employee, you could get one of each new sample for free, as long as you don't sell them?
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting on another level====who will run the sample slab new market clearing house?

One other thing Cam, will you be permitted to continue to update your sample slab website?
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    So how much do graders at ICG make?
    When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
  • Options
    Coingratulations Cameron image this sounds like a good year for you!

With best wishes,
    Magikbilly
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely Outstanding!!!!! What a dream job!!! image

Cathy

• Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    When are you going to have your half off sale? image
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    VERY image !!

I'm sure they're grading will show improvement with you on the team !
    I may have to send smoe coins your way.

• Options

<< <i>One other thing Cam, will you be permitted to continue to update your sample slab website? >>

Yes I will be able to keep it up to date and will probably even be able to buy non ICG samples. They are still discussing it. Don't worry. My website is informative and even if I can't buy sample slabs I will just ask you guys to e-mail pics of new ones as they come out or are discovered.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    Very cool Cameron!
    Well done image
  • Options
    PistareenPistareen Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Cameron, this is great news for you. Congrats! You'll learn a lot I'm sure, including some of JP's jokes that aren't the kind they tell in Visalia ...

I'm very proud of you and will be looking forward to full reports from Denver.
  • Options
    razorface1027razorface1027 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭
    Congratulations, Cameron.image

Tom
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    That's awesome Cam. Give 'em he!!.

HH Metaldtct AKA Dan.
    That we are to stand by the president, right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.~Theodore Roosevelt-Republican president.

We know that dictators are quick to choose aggression, while free nations strive to resolve differences in peace.~George W. Bush.

• Options
    Congrats Cameron! image

As you know ICG has taken a beating on this forum, primarily regarding the grading of moderns. Hopefully you can bring some of that perspective to them first hand and help improve their image. I would like to see ICG compete with the top tier, not be the "best" of the lower tier.

Good Luck!! image
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    That's interesting, collecting slabs might be OK because you are not collecting the coinsimage---------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Congratulations mate. I am very pleased for you
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    It couldnt have happened to a nicer person.

Best wishes for a happy and successful career.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    Con grade u lations Cameron, I do believe that you will be an asset to Mr. taylor's organization, and odds are your skills at grading which are damn good now, will vastly improve. I'm sure you will be missed around here- we will definitely need another VIRGIN to flame from time to time- do you wish to nominate some new blood for this position? image

Hey keep in touch with all of us- a pm letting us know how life is in the rockies will do.

MH2
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Cameron. I wish you all the best. Keep your standards high and call em as you see em.
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    That's awesome, Cameron. Congrats! image
    - -

Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies.
  • Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh great, just what we need here in Colorado - another Californian moving here! image

I guess it could have been worse - at least your not a Texan!

Just kidding - congratulations and you'll love it here (just don't tell everyone how nice it is here, 'cause they'll ALL want to move here too!).

• Options
    I'm happy for you Cameron image Congratulations image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    Cameron, Good luck man, I have bought from you and always happy.........best of luck again.

Can you still post here?
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a good day! Something bright and happy shining out of this forum! image

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    I hope that the job is everything you have always wanted----and more!!! image
    Becky
  • Options
    tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, Cam. That's great news. Denver is a great place. Boulder is awesome. As others have said, the women are very nice there.
  • Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    Congrats on the Job!!!!!!!!

Excellent work getting to 50k as well!!!!!
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    Congratulations Cameron! image Good job!
    David
  • Options
    You da man Cam, way to go. image

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So how much do graders at ICG make? >>

That's a rude question.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    No more "Stick Girl of the Day" posts on the OF.image

• Options
    I didn't read 'all' of the congrats posts, but just in case nobody mentioned it - be very careful in the winter - the roads can get very treacherous. Getcha some good snow tires - and chains.

Luck to you!
  • Options
    May I add my congratulations as well. That's one Hell of a position to have.

Way cool. image
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    mongoosemongoose Posts: 589 ✭✭
    Congrats Cameron, I wish you the best.
    Joe
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coingratuations!@ image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    Cameron,
    Congrats! Good going young man!
    Joe
  • Options
    zennyzenny Posts: 1,549
    nice timing!

a hearty congratulations to both Cameron and ICG.

z
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I stated in my PM . . . that is wonderful news Cameron! It's a win-win proposiiton for both you and ICG. You will learn a lot from JP, James, and Keith!

I look forward to your visits to headquarters in Colorado Springs . . . the first lunch is on me!

Lane
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    Congrats Cameron! Best of luck in the new job. How neat to be able to work at something you enjoy so much. I live in Denver and you can post here with any questions. Pretty costly on housing, but apartments are pretty reasonable. Denver is a pretty neat place to live. I have lived all over the US and enjoy it here a lot. I am fairly new here so don't know where your coming from, but a lot to do out here. Enjoy.
  • Options
    ccexccex Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭
    Congrats. Cameron!

Will this hiring decision change IGC's opinions on 66+ coins to be more in line with the opinions of the majors?
    "Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor
  • Options
    StratStrat Posts: 612 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Cameron, this is great news! Lookout, you're a pro now!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file