Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My 50,000th Post - I have been hired by ICG as a coin grader

124»

Comments

• Options
    Cameron, I am greatly impressed. Good luck in your new career!
    Gary Fullerton
    We are always better off than we deserve. image
  • Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cameron, ditto to all of the kudos on this thread. I'm sure you're really excited about this, as you should be. The only "words of wisdom" I can share are these: at the shows, don't hit on the ICG booth babes. Everyone else, however, is "fair game."
    "Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    hughesm1hughesm1 Posts: 778 ✭✭
    Congratulations Cameron!!!

I hope you take the I Can't Grade out of ICG.image
    Mark
  • Options
    TUMUSSTUMUSS Posts: 2,207
    Make NO mistakes about it....IGC just gained an asset to their organization. image
  • Options
    Congratulations, Cameron. I hope you have a ball. Enjoy yourself. Oh, bother. Do well. image
    The strangest things seem suddenly routine.
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations, I always liked Darkside ICG coins ,but now I have a reason to submit to them. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    Thanks again everyone for the kind words.

For my sample slab friends: please don't worry about the future of sample slabs. I can still collect them, just not sell them. ICG is even going to give me one of each new type as they come out so we will know EVERY type of ICG sample slab as they are produced. My website will continue to be updated so keep e-mail me new types as you find them!

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    rlawsharlawsha Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭
    Good job Cameron, please remember us wannabe graders when you hit the big time.
  • Options
    Congrats, dude.
  • Options
    Cameron,

Congratulations on your new opportunity.

Best wishes.

-mark
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Cameron! (Note to Marty, don't submit coins to ICG, payback is a ....)
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Cameron, Way to Go.
    Good luck and much enjoyment in your new ICG job
    I always looked to see what you graded coins on the threads.image
  • Options
    KurtHornKurtHorn Posts: 1,382
    Bravo Cameron! Best Wishes!
    "Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." - William Faulkner
    NoEbayAuctionsForNow
  • Options
    RBB617RBB617 Posts: 497 ✭✭
    Cameron,
    Great news. Sounds like a great job in a great city.
    Brian
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    Great job! Congratulations!! Hopefully this new position will be a spring-board for many great things to come and I look forward to following your progress in the hobby. When will you write your first book?
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on your new position. I grew up in South Denver and spent time in Englewood (where ICG is) growing up. Assuming that your work schedule is not so demanding that you spend all 168 hours per week doing nothing other than sleeping and grading coins, you should enjoy the Denver metro area, the front range of the Rockies and the Rockies themselves in your free time. Best of luck. SanctionII.
  • Options
    Congrats Cameron!! image
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice job Dude...please tell them to lay off the MS70 and PR70 awards......and give them an idea of all of our opinions on this board. Maybe you can save the world, err at least this company. They have nice slabs and good bidness practices but handing out 70's like candy on Halloween is not cool. Best of luck and when they start grading to PCGS standards maybe you can post again??? Maybe by then the twins will have .....well anyway thats offtopic. image
  • Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    That's great news, Cam. have a good time! Not many people get to work at what they truly love to do.
  • Options
    Congratulations Cameron! Now, try to get ICG to tighten up their grading of MSRD Lincoln Wheats. I've bought many, many of these on ebay in 66/67 holders with the thought of cracking them and sending them to PCGS. Only ONE was good enough IMO, I cracked it and it came back 66RD (same grade ICG had.) ALL of the others weren't even close. The 67's would only get a 65 at PCGS and the 66's would barely go 64.

I look forward to the "new" ICG slabs in the "Cameron Era!"

Mike
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!
  • Options

1982 D small date

• Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cameron, Congrats to you!!!

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cameron committed suicide several years ago

Every Cameron thread needs to be closed.

ancient Thread Alert

Do not reply

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2022 12:26AM

Wow. 🙁

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

ancient Thread Alert

Do not reply

😢

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

ancient Thread Alert

Do not reply

😢

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file