Home Sports Talk
Options

The 1420 SMACK page - for E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES PHANS

Eagles 34
Vikings 26
collecting various PSA and SGC cards

Comments

• Options
    You were either smoking something funny when you posted this or you got the scores and teams mixed up cause' the Vikes got this one. Moss is gonna show TO why he's the best receiver in the league. I still think you're yeam will do good this year, just not this week!image

Vikings 34
    Eagles 26
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Randy Moss is indeed the best. The Vikes will not have any running game as Smith may not play, and both Bennet and Williams are banged up. Moss will get his, but will lose.

Sorry, but you still have a good team. Keep your chin up.

edited to add a - image
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evidentally the other NFL fans don't yet understand the 2004 Eagles. The 2004 Eagles are a powerhouse. Viking's fans will understand this by around 11:30pm next Monday night. Vikings are good but the Eagles are better and will beat them with no problem. This is the year of the Eagles and ain't nothing going to stop us!!!

Eagles 31
    Vikings 13
  • Options
    Oh, I totally agree that the eagles are very good, and I have much respect for them, but I think Moss feels like he's gotta go into that game and show TO Who's #1, and I feel like he's gonna do it. This is going to be a very good game, perhaps one of the better NFL games played all year. I just think the Vikes will put up a few more points than the Eagles. This offense is as good if not better than their '98 offense when they just about tasted the super bowl, if not for the knee and Gary Andersons only missed field goal of the entire year.image
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • Options
    Randy will "gather Moss" in the Eagles house. Enjoy the soft landings this game. The turf will be much harder when it's 20 degrees in January - if the Vikes make it to the Champ game.

The Eagles rule at the Linc and on Monday night.

Eagles win, 28 - 17
  • Options
    So far, I have not heard from the Boyz "fans", or cocca-roaches as Philly guys call them. I made a prediction that the Boyz would not win 8 games and they WON'T ...

• Options
    Hey, I don't want to bash the Vikings. Like us they have never won a Super Bowl so I feel the same pain. I just want to cleanly beat them next Monday night. However, it does give me great pleasure to bash the Cowboys. I agree 100% with 1420sports and I stated even before the preseason that the Cowboys would not win 8 games. I also stand by my prediction of over a month ago that Bill Parcells will quit after the end of this season. If you remember Jerry Jones aggitated Parcells a little bit when they didn't win a playoff game last season. Can you imagine Jones aggitation of Parcells when late in the season the Cowboys are eliminated from playoff contention? It will be fun demolishing the Cowboys twice this year, and the Giants. The Redskins might have a slim chance to win one game against the Eagles. Some people on this forum keep quoting the past and that the Eagles choked in the NFC championship. Yes they did, I'll admit that. Some people will keep bringing this up all year. But those past events have nothing to do with this new season and the Eagles new players and attitude. In the NFL, each year is a different year and this year is THE YEAR OF THE EAGLES!!!
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    I love Philly fan...hates to smack and back his team BEFORE they play, but now that they get a win off
    a 4-12 team at best they think they are powerful! This is a team that has had an amzing record the past
    few years, they have had home field but have let other teams come into their place and dominate them.
    McNad is NOT a winner and neither is Reid. Ill admit TO catching 3 TD's in the first game is MIGHTY
    nice but down the stretch this is the same Philly team. TO is the ONLY threat deep and Westbrook isn't
    a superbowl back.

Ill agree that Philly and Mini sota have one thing in common..well besides no rings....and thats they will
    both disappoint when playoff time comes.

I still think the Vikes don't have any D and that wont get them far...the jury is still out on the Eagles...hey
    are we giving up on the Phils yet??

JS
  • Options
    i don't want to "talk smack," because i graduated middle school years ago.

but GO EAGLES!
  • Options
    Joey, you still make me laugh - you know I am a season ticket holder, you've read my posts, and you still consider me ex post smacko (Latin for after the smack)

I do not need to talk "smack"

I have been an Eagles fan forever and ticket holder since 92. This is the year.

As far as 4-12 team ... still a rivalry, and still a victory.

Phillies??? man, they are still there bro ... go figure, they will string us along again
  • Options
    Joe....as I said yesterday....Bucs...Mwahahahahaha...gonna be a looong season.

Anyone remember the Oakland Raiders of the 70's who got beaten by Pittsburgh everytime it counted until they put it together and won it all the FOURTH time around????

Same here....Eagles go all the way!

Eagles 38
    Vikes 16

No smack Jack, just fact!
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    I'm going with the Bills this year.
    Capecards
  • Options
    Those Eagle fans are so arrogant and obnoxious, nothing like Yankee fans. image
  • Options
    gemmy, bleed green - you will fit right in image
  • Options
    Nah, unfortunately I am a Giants fan, not as avid fan as Yankees though.
  • Options
    Gemmy..admit you are a bandwagon jumper and be done with it. You are either a die hard fan or you aren't.
    I bet you weren't a Yanks fan back in the late 80's early 90's when they sucked!

JS
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    cowboys will win 10 this year. i expected them to get beat by the vikes. hard to win on the road in the nfl just ask the bucs. cowboys will pound browns this week. there offense surprised me against minny didnt think they would have 3 wr's at almost 100 yards defense will show up next week. boys 27 browns 10
  • Options
    The Eagles act like they just won the Super Bowl. You only beat the Gaints. The eagles are no longer a power house. They lost to much on D. Those Corners will be tested on Monday night. Don't count the Boys out it's just one game. The O is better than last year and the D will improve. Cowboys will win 10 or more. Bill will not quit after this season.
    Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options

<< <i>I love Philly fan...hates to smack and back his team BEFORE they play, but now that they get a win off
    a 4-12 team at best they think they are powerful!
    JS >>

Joe -

If you're referring to this PhillyFan check your own smack thread. I was there with everyone else.

Hope you find treatment for your premature e"smack"ulation. image

Thank you to the Pack for treating the Panthers like the dogs they are.

Keith
  • Options
    boys 27 browns 10

Huh? How? You need an offense to score 27.

Browns 27
    Boyz 16
  • Options
    Don't be too concerned about joestalin's comments. Lately he's been lunching on toadstools in his backyard and it's been giving him hallucinations. He doesn't realize it's the 2004 season, not the 2002 season. He actually still believes the Bucs are a contending football team - clearly a hallucination.
  • Options
    steve...no one picked us in 2002 either and you know what..we lost our first game too. Unlike last year
    when we walked into your place with essentially the same team and took you all behind the wood shed.

So our #1 receiver is out for weeks, we will find someone else. The Keenan holdout is hurting us but Gruden will
    find a way to win.

TO is bad news, as long as he is getting the ball against soft defenses, he is fine, but once you guys have
    to go to one of the other losers you will be exposed.

JS
  • Options
    Huh? How? You need an offense to score 27.

355 yards passing 2 wr's over 100 3rd at 95 yards and # rb was hurt. they will be just fine cowboys roll over the browns 27-10. minny game i knew was a loss. hard to win on road in nfl.

bookies have it at -4.5 for dallas so i guess they agree with me image
  • Options

<< <i>steve...no one picked us in 2002 either and you know what..we lost our first game too.
    JS >>

Then in week 2 of 02 the Bucs destroyed Baltimore in Baltimore. If the Bucs destroy the Seahawks Sunday, they'll have my respect. Seattle is for real, even though they have played poorly on the road in the past, they open a 3 pt fav at Tampa. I think it will be a close game.

Brian
  • Options

<< <i>Randy Moss is indeed the best. The Vikes will not have any running game as Smith may not play, and both Bennet and Williams are banged up. Moss will get his, but will lose.

Sorry, but you still have a good team. Keep your chin up.

edited to add a - image >>

Smith is playing, he has no injuries... Anyways, as a Vikes fan...

Vikings 41
    Eagles 0

Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    If the VIkes shut out the Eagles, I will leave this fourm and NEVER POST AGAIN!

you heard it here first!

JS
  • Options
    JS - glad to hear that we will continue to read your comments after next Monday.

Unfortunately, judging by DaBeef's prediction I am saddened to see that the drug problem is running rampant in Minnesota. Just say no Beef!
  • Options
    kuhlman - that line tells me to bet the Brownies. image

• Options
    GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    The Vikes will beat the Eagles this coming weekend. It's the easy games after a tough one that the Vikes think is a gimme, and they get stung. I see the Vikes beating the Eagles. But am worried about a let-down in week 3 against Chicago.

At least we have a kicker now! image
  • Options
    At least we have a kicker now!

At least we have a receiver now - TO BABY!!!! LOOK OUT!
  • Options
    1420: My Fantasy Draft was very painful this year. I drafted Mcnaab,the Philly Defense and yes, I am starting both Monday night. All I could think about was this game when I was making these selections. It can be nauseating when your fantasy players are going against your favorite team, but you don't win Fantasy Championships playing with your heart.

That said, I will be rooting hard for the Vikes as blood is thicker than water. It's a shame this game isn't a little later in the season. It was hard to get a read on the Eagles vs. the Giants. As usual, I have some concerns about the Vikes D, but mark my words, barring further injuries, they will be good unit by Week 6.

This game could go either way. Moss can be Superman on Monday nights, but beating the Eagles at home could prove difficult. While I believe Minnesota to be the superior team, I'm going to predict Philly pulls this one out in a shootout.

This will likely be one of only 3 or 4 Vikings losses this year and will be avenged in the NFC Championship game at the Metrodome (If Philly makes it that far.)

Look for Culpeppers numbers to once again be superior to Mcnaabs this year, even with the addition of TO.
    Collecting PSA and BGS 500 HR & 3000 Hit Club Baseball
    HOF Quarterbacks Football
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Birds all the way!

On a fantasy note, is it certain the Onterio Smith will start and not be suspended for the game. He's
    my 3rd RB and I think I should start him...not that I think Philly's run defense is bad...image

aconte
  • Options
    vikes, I hear you on the fantasy stuff. I have Burleson on one of my teams, and I am debating on starting him this week. I think he will score. I would have liked to see this game around the midway point, as both teams are strong contenders for the NFC crown.

Look for Culpeppers numbers to once again be superior to Mcnaabs this year, even with the addition of TO.

I will give the edge to Culpepper, but I really believe this is a McNabb breakout year.
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    ~"As usual, I have some concerns about the Vikes D, but mark my words, barring further injuries, they will be good unit by Week 6."~

After reading Tuesdays with Teddy for the past three years I wish you well.
  • Options
    After reading Tuesdays with Teddy for the past three years I wish you well.

what is that?
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    ~"After reading Tuesdays with Teddy for the past three years I wish you well.

what is that?"~

1420 Sports - On the Jets website, every Tuesday after the games they had Tuesday's with defensive co-ordinator Ted Cottrell (now the Vikings defensive co-ordinator). He would come on and explain how the defense gave up 200 rushing yards to someone whose prior career high was 55. It was very funny.
    While he was with New York it was difficult to tell if it was Cottrell's or Edwards defensive scheme. Then was it a scheme defeciency or a players defeciency that caused such a woeful defense. After reading Tuesday's with Teddy I began to think it was him.
    When asked why he called so few blitzes he would respond with, "actually, 35% of the calls had blitzes." BS - you could watch the game on replay and determine that number was a blatent lie. Plus, he would say, "the defensive alignment we put in for that play was designed to give up a 3 to 4 yard run not an 8 or 9 yard run." The topper was when Rick Mirer was quarterbacking the Raiders for the first time last season and the Raiders on their opening drive ran 19 straight running plays using up the entire quarter and scoring a touchdown. They acted surprised that the Raiders were not throwing the ball. Anyway, I do not like a passive D so I did not like Cottrell from the start but in fairness to him he was very successful in Buffalo.
  • Options

<< <i>

I will give the edge to Culpepper, but I really believe this is a McNabb breakout year. >>

That's why I drafted him. Of course Culpepper was already gone. Mcnaab has always been too inconsistent to be my Fantasy QB and I always thought he was over rated. But with the addition of TO and hopefully a healthy Westbrook I think Mcnaab will be very good and much more consistent this year.

Can't wait for Monday night. I just try to block the Fantasy thing out and root for the Purple.
    Collecting PSA and BGS 500 HR & 3000 Hit Club Baseball
    HOF Quarterbacks Football
  • Options
    As long as you aren't playing McNad on week 20 you will be alright. He tends to choke down the stretch!

Come on this is sad smack. It boils down to this, the loser of this game will be labeled the biggest pretender of the
    year..I mean come on, after this both teams play a bunch of under .500 teams, you will have to wait weeks
    to get another test. I think we all know the vikes just don't have it on the defensive side of the ball, we all
    know that Duante and Moss will be pouting on opposite sides of the bench soon, but if the Eagles lose this
    game they are really gone..you just can't say you are great beating up on the Giants, Cowgirls and the Bengals!

This game HAS to be a blowout, the winner of this game can crown themselves dominant only if they take
    it to the other team. No 21-20 game here, its either Moss goes ape *hit and scores 4 times or TO gets to use
    his entire 10 pack of sharpies.

Actually if you want to see a real D, tune in this sunday to FOX at 4 est..the bucs will show you how it is done!

Remember ladies, the last three times the bucs played you both, they pounded you all! What do you think this
    D Brooks pic is from??

...and if I see philly fan rolling out Rocky again Im going to puke!

Someone take care of business will ya!

JS
    GO BUCS
  • Options
    JS-

It's a good thing that the Bucs have a defense. At least someone on the team will score some points.

God knows, Brad Johnson won't do it for them.

Where is Shaun King anyway?
  • Options
    Brad Johnson will get going, heck he has no running game and no receivers! Keep in mind our 1-2-3 receivers
    are all out.

As far as Shaun King and his one ring, he is playing backup somewhere. He will surface again!

JS
  • Options
    OK, count me in as giving a smack to the Eagle fans.
  • Options
    Boys 19-12!! was off a little but they covered and pretty much dominated that sloppy game!
  • Options

Don't worry, the Cowpies will have at least two maybe three more losses by the time the Eagles machine hits town on November 15.

Have fun riding the bubble until Philly puts them down like a high school JV team and buries their playoff hopes.

At least you have Keyshawn to provide his usual entertainment. Parcells should clock him on national TV then cut him right there. "Johnson, you're fired!" Any player who commits such an obvious foul on the field then actually gives the coach a hard time afterwards should not play.
  • Options
    In a few more hours I will be drinking some Schaeffer beer and getting ready.

Again

Eagles 34
    Vikings 26

The Redskins are a fraud, as are the Pack. The Boyz got lucky as they do not have anything on that team.
  • Options

Let the beatings begin!
  • Options
    Our Eagles are gonna put a hurtin' on the Vikings tonight. Randy Moss is gonna be running like moss after Brian Dawkins sticks him with a forearm shiver. The Freak is gonna nail Culpepper early with a hard sack. Culpepper isn't gonna want to get up. And McNabb to TO or Freddie is gonna happen all night long. This is our house on Monday Night and we're gonna be playing Eagles Football. After the game, these Vikings are gonna wish they had never heard of Philly, let alone come here.

Eagles 31
    Vikings 13
  • Options
    Cowboys will smack the sorry birds around!! woodson will be back after the by week. eagles have one damn player owens. there defense sucks they will get exposed.

cowboys have nothing on that team LOL might have the best o line in the nfl. and we all know games are won by who dominates the line of scrimmage. vinny i think was hit once in 2 weeks. 677 yards passing already. once they start finding the endzone watch out.
  • Options

Kmann -

Just make it a dreamer's exacta and tell us how many games it will take the Mets to win this year's World Series.

The Cowpatties don't have a chance this year. 8-8, possibly 9-7. Vinnie has good intentions but won't last the year - you can see that in Parcell's face. Keyshawn will be booted out of town by midseason. Four 300 pound O lineman have to have somebody to block for, don't they?
  • Options
    It will take the mets another year before they win the series. if your a phillies fan you have zero room to talk there talk about a disapointment!!

Dont you think you need a defense to win the superbowl?? kearse will be gone by week 5 he is always injured. you have no secondary dawkins is your only good player back there. one wr in owens the rest of them are garbage! and Mchoke will start throwing his picks as usual. cowboys are going to start rolling!! Meshawn is fine parcells knows how to handle him.
  • Options

Enjoy your trip, but at the end of the season you may want to find the guy who gave you the bad acid. image