imageimageimageimageimage

• Options
    We have to get Russ on board, are you saying you agree to the terms I stated earlier ?

• Options

<< <i>russ cant arbitrate,he hates me ! >>

What happened to bring it on ?

Russ is honest, and besides finding somebody that doesn't hate you might be quite a challenge.

• Options
    You little c u next tuesday !
    put your money where your mouth is !
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>russ cant arbitrate,he hates me ! >>

Proof,

How could I hate you? I don't even know you. Here's an apparently little understood fact. I will warn you ahead of time that this revelation may be difficult to handle and I apologize if it sends you over the edge in to mental oblivion. Are you prepared? Have you steeled yourself for what I'm about to reveal? Okay, here it comes.

This is a message board, not real life.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Bring it !
    just find an impartial judge !
  • Options
    Xpipe,

How many times did you hit refresh waiting to paste that in? image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Russ,
    i just have the impression you dont care for me much.
  • Options
    razorface1027razorface1027 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭
    i just have the impression you dont care for me much.

Now that's absurd proof...We love you.image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options

<< <i>Russ,
    i just have the impression you dont care for me much. >>

Why? Because I illuminate the absurdity of some of your rantings? Puppies sometimes pee on the carpet, but I still think they're cute.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Russ,
    i havent peed on the carpet in days !
    Louis needs to make a wager that is worthwhile and or show some sack !
    i already made a thousand dollar wager !

Proof
  • Options
    Just to keep the counter on the upward climb, proof, all I can say is thank you for finally changing your icon!image
    Keith
  • Options

<< <i>Russ,
    i havent peed on the carpet in days !
    Louis needs to make a wager that is worthwhile and or show some sack !
    i already made a thousand dollar wager !

Proof >>

And what was that wager ? image

• Options

<< <i>You have no clue how difficult these are to find,

Frankly I could give a rats AZZ if you bid anyway ! >>

LOL...you're the one that couldn't sell the junk on eBay and aborted the auction because nobody else realized what great "hard to find" coins these were..It appears we are both happy. You don't care if I bid, and like most of the others that saw your junk, I won't.....

• Options

<< <i> Just to keep the counter on the upward climb, proof, all I can say is thank you for finally changing your icon! >>

AMEN !! image
  • Options
    Millennium !
    um, Junk ?
    You should be lucky enough to own my junk coins !
    KMA

Proof
  • Options
    Yea...right.....you almost had to give 'em away....lol....good thing you did chicken out....the trash was almost taken out for ya...too bad nobody else sees the value of your great treasure....SMD
  • Options

<< <i>Yea...right.....you almost had to give 'em away....lol....good thing you did chicken out....the trash was almost taken out for ya...too bad nobody else see the value of your great treasure....SMD >>

• Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    To be fair, I don't think that the coins were "junk" at all. They all seemed like very nice coins to me.
  • Options
    I don't know if proof is a liar or not, but he is obviously stupid. He keeps coming back for more. Kind of reminds you of the stupid crook jokes, you know, like the bank robber who leaves a hold up note on his own deposit ticket. Fun thread. JMHO. Steve
  • Options
    Louis,
    that's where i send my crap NGC coins to PCGS and if they come back 2 grades lower i pay all the fees and forfeit the the coins to you !
    if they come back 1 grade lower you pay all the fee's and i keep the coins.
    If they come back on a straight cross,you pay me 50% of the PCGS daily price guide plus all the fee's and i keep the coin's.

Proof
  • Options

<< <i>To be fair, I don't think that the coins were "junk" at all. They all seemed like very nice coins to me. >>

Yea...that was unfair..I should have said unwanted disks of nickel....
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    not too much to add here.

Gave Proof a user rating of 1

Louis deserves a user rating of 10

Rookie Joe
  • Options
    100proof1957, do you regret creating this thread or like it as it is?
  • Options
    So you get a downgrade on your "great" coins and it still costs me ? image

Does anybody else find this hilarious ?

Jeeez

• Options
    Eye,
    i have nothing but regrets for starting this !
    there are just too many ignorent people to deal with.
    would not know a nice coin if it slapped em in the face !

Proof
  • Options
    Years ago at another forum I used to frequent, a user by the name of "dessertcart" showed up and posted what became an all time classic smackdown fest. Just like the proverbial plastic blow up clown with the weighted base. Not matter how may times he got pummeled, he'd bounce right back up for more.

This thread brought back that memory.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>there are just too many ignorent prople to deal with. >>

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Junk ?
    You should be lucky enough to own my junk coins ! >>

Look, even as I've ragged your questionable decision to cancel legitimate auctions, I for one don't think your coins are junk at all. They're nice, solid coins if that's what you're looking for.

I think you may be overestimating the size of the market for the kind of coins you're bringing to market. Are they nice coins that I'd love to have if I were building that collection? Unquestionably. Are they worth a premium to bring into a collection? Yes. Are they worth the premiums some publications are putting on modern MS-69.39192 coins? Honestly, in my opinion, no. There are still SO MANY of them unslabbed that entering that market is very risky. As Dave Bowers regularly implies in Coin World articles, most people will derive more pleasure from ten MS-65 coins than from one MS-68.

I'll admit to being biased -- other than Lincolns from 1909-1933 (mostly because of interest sparked in me as a lad), I have zero interest in the "dead president" coins. I think a lot of other folks I know don't, either. It's not that it's not a legitimate numismatic endeavour; it certainly is -- but a lot of collectors really don't have interest in it. The interest may be deep (among a few devotees), but not wide.

Stuff with a *wide* interest, IMO, can be posted for sale at a low bid and no reserve with little fear. Stuff that attracts a narrow interest doesn't. That's why I plan to move to a series with little interest when my XF-AU small cent collection from 1857-1933 is complete (and with the recent addition of 1877 and 1914-D, it almost is). If you want top dollar, you need to know where the interest is. Problem is, it's very hard to obtain inventory in those coins at a cost that makes quick resale easy and profitable.
  • Options
    I think he's been drinking acetone.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>there are just too many ignorent prople to deal with. >>

Russ, NCNE >>

He can't even spell it. imageimageimage

• Options
    Route 66.
    Dont think you want to compare "IQ's" with me
  • Options
    He spelled IQ correctly. image

• Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭

Proof,

Could you ramble on and on and on and on..... using no paragraphs or capitalization?

Then we could start a conspiracy theory about you being pooperdoodle in disguise!

It could go another 100, easy image
  • Options

<< <i>Dont think you want to compare "IQ's" with me >>

Oh man! I'm having a flashback! That was the thrust of the "dessertcart" thread I mentioned. He was a genius and we were all idiots.

Proof,

PLEASE say the following "I am a person of high intellect and many of my family are members of Mensa". PLEASE!

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    CherwoodCherwood Posts: 1,073

<< <i>Louis,
    that's where i send my crap NGC coins to PCGS and if they come back 2 grades lower i pay all the fees and forfeit the the coins to you !
    if they come back 1 grade lower you pay all the fee's and i keep the coins.
    If they come back on a straight cross,you pay me 50% of the PCGS daily price guide plus all the fee's and i keep the coin's.

Proof >>

Proof, I'm not wanting to seem like I'm taking sides, but WHAT KIND OF A BET IS THAT??? Let me get this straight.......if they ALL come back 2 grades lower is the only way Louis will come out ahead??? What kind of idiot would accept that bet?
    Cheryl........."She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot." - Mark Twain

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Options
    Louis,
    maybe my spelling is off,i dont believe you want to compare IQ'S
    you still refused to answer my bet !

Proof
  • Options

<< <i>maybe my spelling is off,i dont believe you want to compare IQ'S >>

Are you also a 6' 6" bodybuider karate champion with a 12" wanger and a red Ferrari?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>Louis,
    maybe my spelling is off,i dont believe you want to compare IQ'S
    you still refused to answer my bet !

Proof >>

Hey dumbass, your bet is rediculous and shows your lack of confidence in your coins. What do you do for a living Mr. IQ.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>maybe my spelling is off,i dont believe you want to compare IQ'S >>

Are you also a 6' 6" bodybuider karate champion with a 12" wanger and a red Ferrari?

Russ, NCNE >>

You forgot jet pilot.

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Are you also a 6' 6" bodybuider karate champion with a 12" wanger and a red Ferrari? >>

I can't speak for anyone else, but I promise you that I'm not 6'6" and I don't have a red Ferrari. image
  • Options

<< <i>You forgot jet pilot. >>

I was worried about posting too much of a run-on sentence.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    ok,
    Louis pays all the fee's and pays me 50% of todays PCGS price guide and he gets the coins !
  • Options

<< <i>Are you also a 6' 6" bodybuider karate champion with a 12" wanger and a red Ferrari? >>

HEY !!! You guys leave me outta this !! image
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have nothing but regrets for starting this !

Then why dont you just drop it already.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

<< <i>ok,
    Louis pays all the fee's and pays me 50% of todays PCGS price guide and he gets the coins ! >>

You're not dumping that crap on me. image

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,234 ✭✭✭✭✭
    clankeye... are you taking notes hello hello I mean it image

where is Lucy when you need her?

Proof is beginning to sound like that gentleman that drank the anti-freeze I read about somewhere.

Someone mentioned most of us here are morons or whatever - I believe the envy is palpable to the fact that the vast majority of us are true collectors with very ethical conduct and great humor to boot......sorry proof.....I know the rtuth must hurt.

Marc
  • Options
    SandhawkSandhawk Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭
    You forgot jet pilot.

Don't include that Dumas in the same category as me!

imageimage

• Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    imageWARNING...MELTDOWN IN PROGRESS...WARNING image

imageWARNING...MELTDOWN IN PROGRESS...WARNING image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file