Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Seller ended item early because

Comments

• Options
    razorface1027razorface1027 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭
    The fact is that it's chickensh!t to run a no reserve auction and then bail at the last second because it doesn't get bid up to expectations.

There are some chickens**ts in the world Russ, especially when it comes to greenbacks. Not all can be HEROIC.image

Or..."Damn the torpedos" I should've said. Scratch HEROIC!image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    Louis is the Friggin proof xpert ?
  • Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good gamblers make more money because they put the greatest odds in their favor.

Put the odds in your favor with good product, good ending times, good pictures, positive feedback, accurate & honest descriptions.

I think there are plenty of savy e-bay buyers that pay fair money - sometimes at the last second.

• Options
    Maybe i should be Sniping !
  • Options

<< <i>You have no clue how difficult these are to find, >>

I don't doubt they are hard to find.....but you gotta have people that want them to move the bidding up.
    I've gotta figure that the demand for conditional rarity relatively modern proofs that you offered are lower than you desired.

Plus..as a buyer, but never a seller yet, on ebay...I gotta be honest that I want to get the merch at the bare bones lowest price...I really don't care what's fair or how much you have in the coin. I don't say that to sound like an a$$, but combine that sentiment with the level of demand...and there you go.

Now put a 93-S Morgan in NGC F or VF on ebay, and I'll bet you'll do pretty well....
  • Options

<< <i>Louis is the Friggin proof xpert ? >>

When it comes to you Proof, I think I can read you pretty well. image

• Options
    Louis,
    wanna make some friendly wager's on my cross overs ?
  • Options
    wager's

'Wagers!" I love wagers. I can purchase more coinage.image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    Whatcha wanna do ?

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I really don't care what's fair or how much you have in the coin. I don't say that to sound like an a$$ >>

You don't sound like an ass, you sound like a smart buyer.

<< <i>Louis,
    wanna make some friendly wager's on my cross overs ? >>

Proof,

If you're talking cross at same grade, Louis should feel guilty if he takes the bet.

Russ, NCNE

• Options
    I would feel no guilt, but I think he took his ball and went home. image

• Options
    Louis,
    if they cross at 1 grade lower you pay the fees and i keep the coins,if they x at the same or higher you pay me 50% of todays Price guide and i keep the coins,you pay all the fees,if they x at 2 points lower i pay the fee's and you get the coins !
    Put up or shut up !
    keep in mind we have 4 bets here !
    Jeff
    Roosie
    Wash
    Frankie

Proof
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Louis, what do you sell? Do you sell on eBay?

<< <i>I've had coins sell for half of their market value. >>

So what did that prove? That you're a hero or a piss poor businessman? What intelligent businessman stays in business

continuously selling in Red figures?image
  • Options

<< <i>Louis,
    if they cross at 1 grade lower you pay the fees and i keep the coins,if they x at the same or higher you pay me 50% of todays Price guide and i keep the coins,you pay all the fees,if they x at 2 points lower i pay the fee's and you get the coins !
    Put up or shut up !
    keep in mind we have 4 bets here !
    Jeff
    Roosie
    Wash
    Frankie

Proof >>

What's the matter you have no confidence they will all cross at the same grade and designation or higher ?

• Options

<< <i>Louis, what do you sell? Do you sell on eBay?

<< <i>I've had coins sell for half of their market value. >>

So what did that prove? That you're a hero or a piss poor businessman? What intelligent businessman stays in business

continuously selling in Red figures?image >>

That quote didn't come from me. You're confused. image

• Options
    You sissy
    made you a fair wager !
  • Options
    <<if they cross at 1 grade lower you pay the fees and i keep the coins>>

Heads I win, tails you lose. image

• Options
    No Louis, The first one is yours and the second one is Russ'...no disrespect intended toward either of you. Just simple

questions and a point...no more-no less.image
  • Options

<< <i>You sissy
    made you a fair wager ! >>

Someone better warn him fore I knock him off his chair.

• Options

<< <i>No Louis, The first one is yours and the second one is Russ'...no disrespect intended toward either of you. Just simple

questions and a point...no more-no less.image >>

I'm not a dealer, I'm a collector. I have never sold a coin.

• Options
    Bring it !
  • Options
    Be Cool Louis. It's against forum rules to threaten bodily harm to a fellow member. Ya'll stop this craziness...it must be the heat. I KNOW it's hot in Texas as it's hotter n' hell here in Louisiana!image
  • Options

<< <i>Someone better warn him fore I knock him off his chair. >>

imageimage
  • Options
    A long distance wager with someone that didn't live up to the terms of the auctions he listed. image

I think we would need a broker for this. And your terms are rediculous, if they are downgraded 1 point I would pay the grading fees and you would keep the coins. image

• Options

<< <i> I'm not a dealer, I'm a collector. I have never sold a coin. >>

Well ya see, since you've never had any experience in this department then you don't have a clue what it's like, now do ya?!image

<< <i>if they x at 2 points lower i pay the fee's and you get the coins ! >>

I think you missed this part! Sounds like a wager to me! Actually Louis, I think you've got the better end of this bet!

Nothing personal George!image
  • Options
    Nuff of this BS
    Put up or shut up !

Proof
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Someone better warn him fore I knock him off his chair. >>

imageimage >>

Oh no !!! image The snitch is in the house.

• Options

<< <i>Oh no !!! The snitch is in the house. >>

imageimageimageimageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimage

• Options

<< <i><< I've had coins sell for half of their market value. >>

continuously selling in Red figures? >>

Sometimes I wonder why I respond to idiots even as I'm typing.

Boom,

I've been in business - continuously at the same location - for almost 15 years. Yep, sometimes they sell at a loss, other times they sell at a HUGE profit. Real businessmen understand that concept. Johnny-come-latelys are a little slow to grasp it.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Catch22Catch22 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭
    "I lose money on every sale, but I make up for it in volume!"

When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.

Thomas Paine
  • Options

<< <i>Nuff of this BS
    Put up or shut up !

Proof >>

I will put up through a broker that has the stakes in hand from both sides, you have already proved yourself not trustworthy by your actions in the auctions.

I will bet according to the earlier statement you challenged. I said to be prepared for possible downgrades.
    My bet is they will not all cross at the same grade and designation or higher.

• Options
    Louis,
    You said my coins sucked and would be downgraded,i said if they went down 2 points i would pay the fee's and give you the coins !
    if they downgrade 2 points im out nearly a grand !
    ?

Proof
  • Options

<< <i>Louis,
    You said my coins sucked and would be downgraded,i said if they went down 2 points i would pay the fee's and give you the coins !
    if they downgrade 2 points im out nearly a grand !
    ?

Proof >>

Now you are flat out telling lies. This is what I said, ver batim.

<<Expect some downgrades. >>

Your auction actions speak volumes about your integrity.

• Options
    Louis,
    accept the wager as is if you are so sure my coins are BS !
    Broker ? whoever wants to get in the middle of this pissin match
    and do not call my integrity in question ! lest i need to slap you off your bar stool

Proof
  • Options
    Sometimes I wonder why I respond to idiots even as I'm typing.

Boom,

I've been in business - continuously at the same location - for almost 15 years. Yep, sometimes they sell at a loss, other times they sell at a HUGE profit. Real businessmen understand that concept. Johnny-come-latelys are a little slow to grasp it.

You just can't help yourself with the Name calling, can you? Now....you've been in business 15 years...I'm impressed...REALLY

I've been in business since 1980, so how exactly does this make me either an idiot OR a Johnny Come Lately?

Who's the REAL businessman? I've proven you wrong everytime you've opened your mouth! All you know how to do is hurl

insults, sitting behind a keyboard all day. You didn't impress or intimidate me from day one and here it is almost a year later

and you still don't! I even said in a gentlemanly fashion to both of you, "No disrespect intended", yet you must resort to Name

calling.
  • Options
    Your terms are damn near as rediculous as you and your integrity.

• Options
    Counter Wager ?
  • Options
    I know it's hard but,...."Can't we all just get along?" Is there a full moon today?image
  • Options

<< <i>Counter Wager ? >>

Quote from earlier post.

• Options
    Louis,
    Put up my 1K against your 2K !
    no different than playing craps (and i like craps)
    wanna play my 1k VS your 1K

Proof
  • Options

<< <i>You just can't help yourself with the Name calling, can you? >>

Boom,

Do you even read the drivel that emanates from your keyboard prior to hitting the submit button? I simply responded to your name calling. If you can't take it, don't start it.

<< <i>I even said in a gentlemanly fashion to both of you, "No disrespect intended", yet you must resort to Name

calling. >>

You're a moron. No disrespect intended.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

• Options
    Now he's wanting odds. Jeez, I'm outa here.

• Options
    Louis,
    Hello !
    4 for 4 on a PCGS cross ? 100%
    do i really seem that stupid ?
    while i am confident i could get 50-75%,would i bet a thousand bucks @ 100% ? LOL
  • Options
    Must be the heat. Fellas, let it go. This is all much to do about nothing! George, check what I posted earlier when I was trying to "share" a little experience, with you. Unlike some other REAL businessmen, I know how to deal with this situation and still make money without selling at a loss trying to prove God knows what.

I'll say it again...ANYONE who continues to sell in Red figures won't be in business very long, unless they make HUGE profits every now and then to offset their being too tight to place a reserve on items or a starting price that, in essence, IS the reserve!

Being too tight to spend a few dollars to protect your item is far better losing than the item itself. I'd rather lose $7.00 than be taken to the cleaners on a $1000 item.image
  • Options
    <<do i really seem that stupid ?>>

Do I need to answer that ?

• Options
    Didnt ask for odds !
    If you are so positive you can win,just take the bet !
  • Options
    Louis is a P-ssy,wont play coins with somebody that has a sack
    done deal
    forget it !

Proof
  • Options

And the stakes would need to be in the hands of an agreed upon third party. This third party as well as myself would have to have the submission #.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file