Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Seller ended item early because

Comments

• Options
    But i'll call you a liar.
  • Options
    razorface1027razorface1027 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭
    Since there are "Wagers" being posed, would anyone care to wager on 200 posts b-4 12:00am EST?image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Since there are "Wagers" being posed, would anyone care to wager on 200 posts b-4 12:00pm EST?image >>

I'll bet Pete Rose would.
  • Options
    Kane,
    what grounds to you have to call me a liar ?
  • Options
    You can't even be trusted to have honest ebay auctions, yet you want to make wagers?
  • Options

<< <i>Kane,
    what grounds to you have to call me a liar ? >>

You ended your auctions early because they weren't going to bring the money you thought. That is the truth. You then try to cover your lying ass by giving other excuses as to why you ended them. Be gone now fool.
  • Options
    clw54clw54 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    We, as a nation, are losing our concept of the absurd.

So is the forum!image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    Kane,
    you have no idea as to my motivation so i suggest you shut up NEWBIE
  • Options

<< <i>Louis would not call my bet !
    if he was so sure about it he shoulda had the nads to step up ! >>

A bet where your coins get downgraded 1 point, I pay the slabbing fees and you keep the coins. You're not only a liar, you're stupid. You were bragging about reslabbing with PCGS and selling for more money. I made the challenge that you would get at least 1 downgrade and you wouldn't accept the bet. You must not have any confidence in the grades of your coins. You are the one with no nads and no integrity.

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>would anyone care to wager on 200 posts b-4 12:00am EST? >>

I think that's a pretty safe bet. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>Kane,
    you have no idea as to my motivation so i suggest you shut up NEWBIE >>

I should let this go, but I can't.

The assumption that someone new to THIS board must be a NEWBIE?

That makes me a newbie, too. This "newbie" has collected coins since he was a wee lad in the early 1970s. He's been on the Internet since 1988, off and on at r.c.c on Usenet since its birth, and a very grizzled old veteran of online message boards very regularly since 1990.

Yep. I'm a newbie. Maybe I should just sit here and keep saying "me too!", if that would make you happy...
  • Options

<< <i>Kane,
    you have no idea as to my motivation so i suggest you shut up NEWBIE >>

Ok George, you just keep digging the hole deeper while this newbie watches. image
  • Options
    ziggy29,

Besides all that, the comment came from somebody who's only been here for three months himself. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    The moral to this whole story is not to try to sell valuable coins on eBay. I wouldn't dream of listing any of my hi grade CC Morgans or toned coins there. eBay has been on a slippery slope the past year.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • Options

<< <i>The moral to this whole story is not to try to sell valuable coins on eBay. I wouldn't dream of listing any of my hi grade CC Morgans or toned coins there. eBay has been on a slippery slope the past year. >>

as stated before, there is such a thing as reserves and minimum bids. Don't blame ebay becuase of a waterhead dufus like George.
  • Options

<< <i>The moral to this whole story is not to try to sell valuable coins on eBay. I wouldn't dream of listing any of my hi grade CC Morgans or toned coins there. eBay has been on a slippery slope the past year. >>

Or at least not when you CHOOSE to do it with no reserve and a starting bid below what you're willing to take.
  • Options
    as stated before, there is such a thing as reserves and minimum bids. Don't blame ebay becuase of a waterhead dufus like George.

LMMFAOimage...Kane must be taking lessons from Russ..image I'm DYIN' over here
  • Options
    I dont appreciate being called a liar.
    i will send my coins to PCGS as a x-over and post the grades
    if anyone would like to meet me face to face and call me a liar
    i would be happy to !
  • Options
    Post the submission # as soon as you have it so we can all watch. It could be the subject of another entertaining thread.

• Options

<< <i>i will send my coins to PCGS as a x-over and post the grades
    if anyone would like to meet me face to face and call me a liar
    i would be happy to ! >>

Given turnaround times at PCGS, I guess we'll hear from you about this again in October.

(Joke!!!!) image
  • Options
    I love this place. image Pick a side, any side. image

• Options
    Iwill post the submission as soon as possible !
    in the mean time,who would like to meet me mano E mano and call me a liar ?
  • Options
    Louis,
    do you have a decent bet ?
    or do you have no balls ?
  • Options
    I would hate to travel a long distance and then have you cancel at the last minute. image

• Options
    in the mean time,who would like to meet me mano E mano and call me a liar ?

Proof;
    Let's be realistic...Who would have the airfare to fly out and see you. image
  • Options

<< <i>Louis,
    do you have a decent bet ?
    or do you have no balls ? >>

I have stated the terms, do you have no confidence in your coins ?

• Options

<< <i>I would hate to travel a long distance and then have you cancel at the last minute. image >>

• Options

<< <i>I would hate to travel a long distance and then have you cancel at the last minute. >>

Classic! image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    The boy's about to the point of having his alligator mouth overload his hummingbird ass.

• Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

<< <i>I would hate to travel a long distance and then have you cancel at the last minute. image >>

wrap it up, it's all over

Game, set and match to Louis

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options

All right, I admit it -- I can't stop cracking up at this one! Nice shootin', Tex!

• Options

<< <i>It's just because they are NGC! If your nickle had been PCGS I would buy it! >>

HEY whats wrong with NGC?

imageimage
  • Options
    Louis,
    meet me halfway !
    bout Colorado so i can meet the blind mule that grades coins for you and i can school you and the mule about respect !
  • Options
    I'm done here, it's time to let these nice people in the coin forum have thier peace. If you care to continue this Proof bring it to the open forum where we will blend in with the rest of the idiots. image

• Options
    Louis,

Don't go away yet. We haven't hit 200 posts. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    This is almost as good as the KingPlatinum threads!

• Options
    besides "Russ"
    has to win the 200 post bet !
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have nothing worthwhile to add here--never did, in fact--just helping to milk this thread to 200. Carry on.

<< I would hate to travel a long distance and then have you cancel at the last minute. >>

• Options
    The "boy" has some alligator mouth for ya
  • Options
    I'm still here. image

• Options

<< <i>The "boy" has some alligator mouth for ya >>

That's exactly what I said hummingbird ass.

• Options
    I'm not sure what's funnier - the thread itself, or the fact that Proof doesn't have a clue that he's been thoroughly owned. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    pick an arbibtrator and make a wager you sissy !
  • Options

<< <i>Louis,
    meet me halfway ! bout Colorado so i can meet the blind mule that grades coins for you and i can school you and the mule about respect >>

This may get pulled -- and I'm sorry in advance to the moderators (if any) for this, because I've moderated some nasty message boards at CNN a few years ago myself, so I know how much it can be a sucky and thankless job, but -- I can't resist this. Why can't I get the phrase "squeal like a pig" out of my mind when I read this? image
  • Options
    I think Russ would arbitrate for the bet.

• Options
    Proof SAYS,
    Bring it on !
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
  • Options
    russ cant arbitrate,he hates me !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file