Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ed?? Hello Ed?? Ed, are you still here? Front and center, NumisEd!!!

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey Edimage

Tell me it ain't so, tell me you ain't been banned. I really wanted your opinion on this Ike Dollar. Who else can give me an opinion? Who else can tell me if NumisEd is still a member in good standing here??

Al H. image

Comments

• Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I got an E-Mail from him say he was booted for the sheep thread! Who is going to stalk Russ now!!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    Are you happy? Are you satisfied?
    How long can you stand the heat?
    Out of the doorway the bullets rip,
    To the sound of the beat (look out)
    Another one bites the dust.
    And another one gone and another one gone,
    Hey I'm gonna get you too!

Time sure flies when you don't know what you are doing...

CoinPeople.com || CoinWiki.com || NumisLinks.com
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    I certainly hope that NumisEd was not banned for that thread. If he was, frankly, I think it's sad and, down right pathetic.

I have had my disagreements with him. But, unless I missed something he wrote in that thread, I've read dozens, if not hundreds of posts by others, which were far more insulting and/or inflammatory with respect to PCGS and/or its supporters and/or owners.

Edited to add: Hopefully, the ban was not just on the basis of that thread and he had at least received some type of warning.
  • Options
    That's okay...we always have dorkkarl to cheer us up image
  • Options
    jeffnpcbjeffnpcb Posts: 1,943
    That's what I love, NO SENSE of HUMOR!!!! I was accross the street today and at least they have a 3 strike and your out system!image
    NOW I'M GOING TO MISS A FEW CAT FIGHTS!!!!
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I misspelled Mark Feld(s) name and all PCGS did was send me a scathing, warning email. They didn't ban me for heavensakes.

Seriously: Maybe PCGS could do what NGC does? -Send you away for a month or so and then upon further infractions, ban the offending member.

peacockcoins

• Options
    hey Mark

i feel similarly. while me and Ed sparred, we worked out our differences last week via the PM system. he may have been arguementative at times but i enjoyed him in the forum mix. and like you said, worse things have been posted than the sheep thread. i thought it was humorous, especially the comment about Cameron being the tall one to the left!! i actually had to scroll up for a peek and a good laugh.

oh yeah, what about the Ike, guys??

al h.image
  • Options
    Are these bans permanent?
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    BANNED FOR THE SHEEP THREAD????????
    How come 50 people can call David Hall a crook in a flaming thread and nothing happens but you make fun of sheep you get banned?
    BAAAAA!!! BAAAAAA!!!!
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    Braddick/Pat - you should have received a lifetime ban (or worse!) for you offense. image
  • Options

<< <i>i thought it was humorous, especially the comment about Cameron being the tall one to the left!! I actually had to scroll up for a peek and a good laugh >>

I just want to say that I thought it was funny his reference to me. I am very tall. I never pm'd anyone about it.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    Thats hilarious how bout working on moving ot threads to the open forum instead of banning people for joking about PCGS. I think PCGS has there moderating priorities screwed up.
  • Options
    jeffnpcbjeffnpcb Posts: 1,943
    YOUR ARE ALL BANNED!!! At least the kids have a better sense of humor than I thought!
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • Options
    gsaguygsaguy Posts: 2,425
    <<How come 50 people can call David Hall a crook in a flaming thread and nothing happens but you make fun of sheep you get banned?>>

Dog,

He got banned because he wasn't politically correct......that sheep was facially-challenged.imageimage

GSAGUY
  • Options

<< <i>Thats hilarious how bout working on moving ot threads to the open forum instead of banning people for joking about PCGS. I think PCGS has there moderating priorities screwed up. >>

How about banning all the people who post OT posts here?
  • Options
    Thanks gsaguy. I'm scared now because me & k6az were bashing goats. Is PCGS goat lovers too? I hope not or me & k6az are next I guess.
    BAAAAA!!! BAAAAA!!
  • Options
    Who is going to stalk Russ now!!!

hey now, if there's an opening i'd like to apply for the position. get me an application!!

al h.image
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Who is going to stalk Russ now!! >>

Better take a number and stand in line Daddy-o!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rats. I like NumisEd.

I still have Greg's logo on my sig line. I guess I'd better make more room...

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had my share of differences with the chap, but I never wanted him to go away.

Again, image

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    I liked him. I saw nothing particularly offending about the sheep. Nothing vulgar or profane. PCGS is going overboard if they ban him. I trust it will only be temporary.

Tom
    Tom

• Options
    I don't think it was about calling Cameran a sheep, the thread got a bit out of hand about DHRC and the PR70DCAMs. The old story of HRH not making PR70DCAM but buying them on the market came into play!

• Options
    BTW, Cameron ewe were kinda cute!!! LOL

• Options
    I suspect the thread about the sheep got yanked because of the nasty insults freakycoinfreak threw my way.....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    No LucyBop, if that was the case Freakcoin wouldn't be posting in this thread.
  • Options
    islemanguislemangu Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭
    I liked Ed too. We had differences but then we worked them out like most reasonable humans can do. I like straight talk (writing) as it saves so much time and emotions. I dont know about the particulars with the sheep incident but I agreed with previous post here, ban for a time limit. GO to jail directly to jail do not pass go...but keep playing the gameimage
    YCCTidewater.com
  • Options
    TonekillerTonekiller Posts: 1,308 ✭✭

<< <i>BTW, Cameron ewe were kinda cute!!! LOL >>

• Options
    For you that didn't get the sheep thing it implied that people who buy PCGS slabs are like dumb sheep being led to slaughter. In other words NumisEd bashed PCGS & their product. You guys forgot the lesson learned from gmarguli so another example was made to remind you.

I knew something was amiss when I went to town this morning and the sheeps in my neighbors pasture were standing by the gate looking toward the road baaaahing WHEERRRES ED?? WHEEERRRES ED?? WHEEERRRES ED???
  • Options
    I guess PCGS did not learn their lesson the first time. It's called FREE SPEACH!
  • Options
    I don't think that was it at all, I think it was accusing HRH of making PR70DCAMs. Or having his driver submit coins for him!

• Options
    I dunno MadMarty there was a thread last month comparing him to Martha Stewert and Jeffery Dahmer and nobody got banned over it.
  • Options
    Yes there is free speech but they pay for the board so they can decide what we can or cannot say. Like if you came to my house and said I was a goody two shoes and who made me hall monitor I would boot your ass outta my house.
  • Options
    I am very disappointed to hear there is another banning. Again, I say it speaks more for the banner than the bannee.
  • Options

<< <i>Yes there is free speech but they pay for the board so they can decide what we can or cannot say. >>

Obviously.
    Time sure flies when you don't know what you are doing...

CoinPeople.com || CoinWiki.com || NumisLinks.com
  • Options
    Kidd,
    We are all one family here. In most families you don't disown someone because they have a different opinion. This is America, Jack, we are all entitled to our opinions no matter what they are. PCGS appears to be communist.

HEIL HALL
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    Well, I think I know who the next bannee is. image
  • Options
    ahah Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    Have you ever wondered what happened to the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence?

Five signers were captured by the British as traitors, and tortured before they died.
    Twelve had their homes ransacked and burned. Two lost their sons serving in the Revolutionary Army
    another had two sons captured.

Nine of the 56 fought and died from wounds or hardships of the Revolutionary War.

They signed and they pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor. The loss of life
    and fortune continued ....
    I won't continue the head count but,
    NOw numised is to be added to the count.

Al

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I guess PCGS did not learn their lesson the first time. It's called FREE SPEACH!"

Free speech shmee speech. You can have all the free speech you want but if I was HRH I'd be damned if you would be bashing me at my expense. sorta like the golden rule HRH has the gold and he makes the rules.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    And thats how it should be ned but they do have the right to do it.
  • Options
    islemanguislemangu Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭
    entitled to our opinions no matter what they are. PCGS appears to be communist.

Is that why you selected that icon?imageimageimage
    YCCTidewater.com
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    I liked NumisEd and I always counciled him to mellow out a bit.

He seemed to want to push the envelope when he was not feeling well.

I will miss him, but the company that owns the website sets the rules.

We all know and understand those rules. People who go over the line

understand the risk they are taking and the penalty they may invoke

be their actions, words and intent. There are always people that are unable to

resist challanging reasonable rules . None should be suprised when the resulting

penalty in applied. If you are uncomfortable with the system on this site, no one forces

anyone to continue to participate on this excellent Forum.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    Now PCGS is communist? What's next? Osama bin Laden is a senior grader at PCGS? Think before you talk.
  • Options
    jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    He who pays the bills makes the rules. That is the way it is in my office and at my home. Why would it be any different here Nedcoinage?
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    Uh oh, it's jelly donut time! image
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you came in my house and called me a communist you would be on your a$$ more that onceimage
    Larry

• Options
    <<<Osama bin Laden is a senior grader at PCGS?>>>
    Yes, it's true. The reason you haven't seen Saddam Hussein lately either is he's working side by side with Osama as a finalizer.
  • Options

<< <i>They signed and they pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor. I won't continue the head count but, NOw numised is to be added to the count >>

Last time I checked, NumisEd hadn't pledged his life, fortune, and sacred honor to the defense of these boards. Comparing him to the signers of the Declaration of Independence is going way over the edge.

<< <i>This is America, Jack, we are all entitled to our opinions no matter what they are. >>

Exactly, and the CEO of a company can exclude or include anyone he desires from a privately run bbs.

<< <i>PCGS appears to be communist. HEIL HALL >>

Comparing David Hall to a man who killed millions of human beings is a cheap shot and demonstrates your lack of ability to make a point without resorting to name calling. I seriously doubt Hall's employees wait in line twelve hours for a loaf of bread.

• Options

<< <i>Yes, it's true. The reason you haven't seen Saddam Hussein lately either is he's working side by side with Osama as a finalizer >>

Dammit boy...... No wonder my Frankie got a bodybag!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i><< PCGS appears to be communist. HEIL HALL >>

Comparing David Hall to a man who killed millions of human beings is a cheap shot and demonstrates your lack of ability to make a point without resorting to name calling. >>

It also demonstrates his ignorance. Hitler was a nazi, not a communist.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Good point there Russ. I didn't even catch that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file