Home U.S. Coin Forum

Ed?? Hello Ed?? Ed, are you still here? Front and center, NumisEd!!!

Comments

• I hope I don't get banned for pissing off democrats in the open forum.image
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I hope I don't get banned for pissing off democrats in the open forum. >>

Not to worry, it's open season. image

Russ, NCNE
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    we seem to have tackled the "banning" in typical forum style, straying from sensible discourse to illogic. is there any chance of someone, anyone, giving a grade opinion on the Ike Dollar. HELLO!!!!!!

al h.image

• dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,691 ✭✭✭
    what in sam's he11 is going on around here? did numised really get banned? why??? what'd he say???

EEEEEEEKKKKKK!!!

K S
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keets, It looks full GEM MS66 to me, but you know how my grading skills have been lately. . .

peacockcoins

• clw54clw54 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I hope I don't get banned for pissing off democrats in the open forum.image >>

That's not a bannable offense. In fact, it's praiseworthy.
  • The sheep thread got him banned because he was making fun of people who buy PCGS coins what a waste banning someone for a joke. Kind of makes you think why PCGS didnt see it as a joke maybe it the... nope I wont say it. ~KK~
  • ldhairldhair Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would guess 64 only because PCGS would never give me a 65image
    Larry

• Hey dog.....thanks for the info about the "Sheep" incedent, i missed it and wondered what the heck was said. Thought perhaps it got really nasty along the lines, as in some countries ,"where men are men...... and the sheep look worried"! image

<< <i>For you that didn't get the sheep thing it implied that people who buy PCGS slabs are like dumb sheep being led to slaughter. In other words NumisEd bashed PCGS & their product. You guys forgot the lesson learned from gmarguli so another example was made to remind you.

I knew something was amiss when I went to town this morning and the sheeps in my neighbors pasture were standing by the gate looking toward the road baaaahing WHEERRRES ED?? WHEEERRRES ED?? WHEEERRRES ED??? >>

The Ex-"Crown Jewel" of my collection! 1915 PF68 (NGC) Barber Half "Eliasberg".

Once again resides with Legend, the original purchaser "raw" at live Eliasberg auction. Laura and i "love" the same lady!

• EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is hard to deny that 1ST AMENDMENT issues have no bearing here, and that PCGS can do whatever they want with their BBS. Now, if someone wants to challenge PCGS's right of total ownership of these boards, then that's a different matter.

For me, the real issue is if NumisEd ought to be missed. If he was a positive contributor here, then I think it is too bad that he's gone. If his contribution here was essentially negative, then I would not miss his forced departure.

Then again, this is only a BBS to me, and I doubt that I'd miss anyone's departure after a while... (No offense intended to the generally excellent folks here, but this is just a BBS!)

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Where was this sheep thread everyones been talking about??
    PCGS,NGC & ANACS certified toned Morgan dollar dealer.
  • RBB617RBB617 Posts: 498 ✭✭
    I am a relatively new poster, but a long time lurker, it was usually enjoyable to see the trouble that Ed stirred up, and he was certainly knowledgable in some areas. Although it seems that nobody knows the exact reason for the banning, my guess is that it was because of his stance on the conflict of interest. I suspect that any of us can constructively question the relationship between the divisions of CLCT, but to suggest a very specific scenario that implacates one of the executives on a website owned by CLCT, is a bit over the line. I have a feeling that we will see him again in some form. Until then, let's move on or move out. Maybe someone can help Keets with a grade on the Ike. I'd try, but Ikes aren't my strong suit.
    Brian
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 23,023 ✭✭✭✭✭
    some people just don't get it...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• << <i>I hope I don't get banned for pissing off democrats in the open forum. image >>

You might. It appears that David Hall makes the rules at will. You will have to ask him if making fun of Democrats is a banning offense or you can just take the risk and continue and hope David Hall isn't a Democrat.
  • K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295

<< <i>some people just don't get it... >>

...and some never will.
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Don't you people listen!!! It wasn't the sheep thread that got Ed banned. Someone posted a thread showing DHRC PR70DCAM state quarters for sale (was the one with the label in upside down). We were all making fun of the funny looking slab. Basicly, Ed started in on how DHRC always has PR70DCAMs in their inventory and that there must be hanky-panky going on. I stated that HRH has said many times that DHRC does not submit coins and buys them on the open market. Ed, really let me have it with both barrels and suggested at HRHs driver submits the coins and David fixes the grading. I told him before he goes shooting his mouth off, he better have proof to back it up and that he was crossing the line. Then I had to go to school, a few hours later I got an E-Mail from Ed telling me he was banned and didn't know why.

Well when you come out and state that the head of both PCGS and DHRC is fixing grading to make PR70DCAMs for profit, he crossed the line. I like Ed and always enjoy the jabs we send back and forth. But this time I think he went too far. It had nothing to do with the sheep, or any of the other woodland creatures! It had to be because he pissed the big guy off!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you people listen!!! It wasn't the sheep thread that got Ed banned.

I am so relieved! Bring on the sheep!

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
    Speaking of sheep, Why do Scotsman wear kilts? Sheep can hear a zipper a mile away!

• Free Speech????????

Obviously there are a few who do not understand the concept.

Why don't all you free speech groupies go to your office tomorrow stand right in the middle of the place and start preaching to all the other employees about how big of an A** your boss is and that he don't know Sh** about anything and you think he should be working for you?

Go ahead you have the right to Free Speech........If he fires you I guess he is a communist nazi to. image

Edited to correct my spelling of SPEACH image Reading Nedcoinage post about free SPEACH was on the brain. Thanks DanC image
    Bill

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
  • DanCDanC Posts: 1,189
    Pssst.

edit:
    Much better. and ooops, almost forgot the smiley image

For what it's worth you are correct.

Speech is free as far as freedom from government intervention in your right to free speech.
    Free speech also includes the freedom to suffer the consequences of expressing it in the private sector.
  • ERER Posts: 7,345
    Haven 't we beat the dead horse, err..., sheep enough already?image

Hey Dog, now that Uday and Qusay are toasted, they 'll need new encapsulators. That was the slabbing warehouse the 101 Airborne toasted yesterday.image

Seriously though, I 'll miss NumisEd. With the many crooked big companies going down in the past couple of years, I can understand why he is skeptical.
    Marty, if the sheep thread wasn't the problem, then why did they nuke the thread?
  • Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭
    Yeah where's the sheep thread? There's always a Proof 70 bashing thread going on. Nobody gets barred over a Proof 70.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • I believe the sheep thread got pulled because it got outright abusive, one member calling another a downright rude name. I am shocked that there weren't TWO members banned.
    Alpha Mike Foxtrot
    I must have missed the rude comment. Some newbie was giving Lucy a hard time. I had lunch, and when I came back to flame the newbie, the thread was gone.
    They should have banned K6AZ after what he said about the bad stinking billy goat that drinks........uhh..I can't bring myself to say it.
  • DCAMFranklinDCAMFranklin Posts: 2,862 ✭✭

<< <i>I suspect the thread about the sheep got yanked because of the nasty insults freakycoinfreak threw my way..... >>

right...........

<< <i>They should have banned K6AZ after what he said about the bad stinking billy goat that drinks........ >>

....his own urine.
    Oh my he said it! (shudders)
    K6Az you are a bad bad man!
  • BearBear Posts: 18,953 ✭✭✭
    K6Az, for that go stand in the corner.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened here? Can't keep up with the gossip. Dog... you're good with the re-caps. How bout it?image
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow,

What a bummer. I wasnt tight with Ed by a long shot. While I think that PCGS has the right to ban anyone that they want from this board I personally think that it is chicken**** for them to do so.

They make this a public forum but mediate its contents... Poor form in my opinion....

Ed had a big mouth and was short on tact but didnt deserve this....

coinlieutenant
    What can I say? I calls them as I see them. image
    Hey Bear, I'll go stand in a corner as long as you give me some jelly donuts! image
    Bears eat sheep don't they?
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What happened here? Can't keep up with the gossip. Dog... you're good with the re-caps. How bout it?image >>

See MadMartys post on page 3.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• 1jester1jester Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭
    "Some newbie was giving Lucy a hard time. I had lunch, and when I came back to flame the newbie, the thread was gone." --K6AZ

LOL!!!

I'll miss NumisEd too.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • bengalsbengals Posts: 241
    Ed is right! i'm just a sheep with stripes.
  • bengalsbengals Posts: 241
    there is also some snake specie that likes to feed on sheep... he,he,he ...it will never go hungry here!
  • dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,691 ✭✭✭
    numised's deliver was certainly somewhat, aahhhh, interesting. but ban-able???

that completely sucks.

K S
  • yes, it was buhh-nahh-bhhaal !! toohhh baaahhhddd, i lihhh-eeked hhhiiimmm ahhhh lothhhh
    OK maybe it was the sheep thread! The PR70DCAM thread is still here. But the sheep thread is gone. Beats the hell out of me!

• << <i>Speaking of sheep, Why do Scotsman wear kilts? Sheep can hear a zipper a mile away! >>

Friends are Gods way of apologizing for your relatives.
  • LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of those sheep jokes are really ba-a-a-a-a-a-ad

• << <i>Some of those sheep jokes are really ba-a-a-a-a-a-ad >>

Friends are Gods way of apologizing for your relatives.
  • ZerbeZerbe Posts: 587 ✭✭
    I like the " flamboyant " posters and without them this forum could become pretty boring. I still think a strong warning to the "bad Boys"
    should be the first step and then a banning if they continue being "bad boys". I will miss whatever NUMISED had to contribute
    to this forum, as he had some 'off the wall comments', which I did not take seriously and were sort of interesting.
  • Sheep 4 lyfe yo.
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭
    the Sheep thread had to go with freakycoinfreak's name calling and then his rude obscene remark about my underwear had to of been the reason that one is gone, anyone that read it probably will agree. Why freakycoinfreak didn't go as well is a mystery.
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    many members have remarked that PCGS should at least warn members before they ban them. if i'm not mistaken, several members have replied in the past that they did in fact receive an e-mail or PM to that effect. i think it's safe to say that we would be warned about possible repercussions to off-color or slanderous/libelous posting before a ban. i'd assume NumisEd probably received one. i mean, hey, it's not like his comments were the first time he got down and dirty. image

al h.image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file