Buffalo.
    Kansas City.
    San Francisco.
    New York Giants.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

@grote15 said:
    I cant see KC losing at home to Jax, but I do like the 8.5 points Jax is getting. Same with Giants at Philly getting 4.5. I think the Giants can win outright.

You could be right about KC not covering the spread as they usually don’t but this time I think they win by at least 2 TD’s.
    Don’t bet Giants and the points it’s a trap, they’re not playing the Vikings this time. The Eagles will come out firing on all cylinders and should win by double digits.

I hope you are right. The Eagles looked weak at the end of the season after Hurts got hurt. They couldn’t put away the Giants when the New York team was playing their second and third stringers. The game had meaning because it was for the top seed in the playoffs for the Eagles.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    edited January 20, 2023 5:16AM

@galaxy27 said:
    for the record...

everyone who is predicting that the Niners will stomp the Cowboys, i really hope you're right. no one loathes Dallas quite like i do. i wish you guys could see my Facebook news feed -- it is littered with friends, family and acquaintances of mine who can't stop yapping about how great this DC team is, how they're a team of destiny, and how a trip to the Super Bowl is inevitable. it's really gross and it forces me to think about purging my friends list.

but when i eliminate the hatred from my mind and think back to what (nearly) happened less than a week ago, i get a little queasy when i read "can't happen" and "no way" because it generates terrible flashbacks of a lit match almost touching my "sure thing" parlays last weekend 😂

I also dislike “America’s team” in part because of the label. They sure aren’t my team. I would root for them if they were playing the Russians but otherwise …

As for game against San Francisco, Dallas is very inconsistent. You never know which Dallas team is going to show up, the world beaters or the patsies. If their place kicker has another game like he did against Tampa, they are toast.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said: If their place kicker has another game like he did against Tampa, they are toast.

Think about that statement for a moment........................if the kicker has a game like he did against Tampa Bay it'll mean the Cowboys have scored 4-5 touchdowns and might actually win the game. I sort of figure Maher won't get a chance to screw the pooch like he did last weekend.

• Options

@Maywood said:
    @BillJones said: If their place kicker has another game like he did against Tampa, they are toast.

Think about that statement for a moment........................if the kicker has a game like he did against Tampa Bay it'll mean the Cowboys have scored 4-5 touchdowns and might actually win the game. I sort of figure Maher won't get a chance to screw the pooch like he did last weekend.

I was not figuring on the Cowboys getting that many touchdowns. In close games, missed extra points can make all of the difference. Furthermore, if he is this much of headcase, he might start missing all of his field goals too.

Frankly, I think that the 49ers are going to run over them. The 49ers are not a bunch of popcorns like the sad Tampa team which was poorly coached and over the hill.

• Options

My picks:

Buffalo
    Kansas City
    San Francisco
    Philadelphia (I hope) If they return to mid season form, the Giants won't have a chance.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    My picks:

Buffalo
    Kansas City
    San Francisco
    Philadelphia (I hope) If they return to mid season form, the Giants won't have a chance.

Really going out on a limb there, huh? :D

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Dallas needs to release their Kicker no later than today

If they don't I hope they lose the next game by a missed XP

I say it wasn't his fault

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

Hey Zak, the endzone is the other way - B)

LOL, we shall see on Sunday.....................

• Options

@grote15 said:

@BillJones said:
    My picks:

Buffalo
    Kansas City
    San Francisco

Yea, no upsets. Do you to pick Jacksonville? It might be a good bet next year, but not now.

Cincinnati might be the best upset bet. If Buffalo plays no better this week, they will be goners. You can’t give away that many points from turnovers and survive in the playoffs.

• Options

Oh Hell no - I'm rooting for KC. I have a roofer coming out tommorow to make a patch on my garage and he said he had to be gone by 4PM so he can watch the KC game. Hope he gets done before leaving - :D

• Options

@BillJones said:

@grote15 said:

@BillJones said:
    My picks:

Buffalo
    Kansas City
    San Francisco

Yea, no upsets. Do you to pick Jacksonville? It might be a good bet next year, but not now.

Cincinnati might be the best upset bet. If Buffalo plays no better this week, they will be goners. You can’t give away that many points from turnovers and survive in the playoffs.

I like the Giants as a possible upset...Daniel Jones is playing really well and Philly is overrated imo, though the extra week off definitely helps Hurts.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m still waiting for Buffalo to play 60 minutes. Honestly I think they were playing better last year. Might be Daboll. Might be the absence of Hyde.
    The line is -5.5 so either Vegas or the betting public thinks the Bills are the better team.
    174 minutes of great football and 3 kneel downs with 2 minutes to go. Am I asking too much? 😂

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@grote15 said:

@BillJones said:

@grote15 said:

@BillJones said:
    My picks:

Buffalo
    Kansas City
    San Francisco

I like the Giants as a possible upset...Daniel Jones is playing really well and Philly is overrated imo, though the extra week off definitely helps Hurts.

The Eagles weren’t overrated at all until Hurts got hurt. They were doing it both ways with passing and the ground game. That’s the trouble with those quarterbacks who think they are running backs. It usually leads to untimely injuries, sometimes career ending injuries. There is a reason why running backs have the shortest careers.

I hate the Giants almost as much as the Cowboys. The only reason why they aren’t at the top of my list is that they haven’t won that much, although they did cost the Patriots a perfect season.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giants over Eagles (assuming Hurts is still Hurt, and I think he is not the same)

Cowboys over 49ers (so I can go back to the purple box)

KC over Jacksonville (because pigs don't fly)

Buffalo over Cincinnati (because it's their year)

• Options
    edited January 21, 2023 10:50AM

@BillJones said:

@grote15 said:

@BillJones said:

@grote15 said:

@BillJones said:
    My picks:

Buffalo
    Kansas City
    San Francisco

The Eagles weren’t overrated at all until Hurts got hurt. They were doing it both ways with passing and the ground game. That’s the trouble with those quarterbacks who think they are running backs. It usually leads to untimely injuries, sometimes career ending injuries. There is a reason why running backs have the shortest careers.

I hate the Giants almost as much as the Cowboys. The only reason why they aren’t at the top of my list is that they haven’t won that much, although they did cost the Patriots a perfect season.

We'll see. They were 14-3 but the beneficiaries of a pretty soft schedule..the best team they beat all year was probably the Cowboys. They were hardly dominant I give them credit they found ways to win. The Giants are heavy underdogs and rightfully so, but if you're not going to just play it safe and pick all the favorites, I believe the Giants do have a chance.

As for the Giants, not winning that much? Most franchises would gladly take 2 Super Bowl championships in the past 15 years. By comparison, the Cowboys havent even made it past the divisional round since the internet was invented.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

OMG if I bet the G Men today that means I actually have to root for the New York Giants 😒

• Options

@perkdog said:
    OMG if I bet the G Men today that means I actually have to root for the New York Giants 😒

Yeah, it feels dirty. I agree. But I am hoping they win. Only because I want to see them lose to Dallas in Dallas. I'd like to see the Cowboys win this weekend and host a championship game. No chance of the Giants winning it all (but of course we know how that goes).

• Options
    edited January 21, 2023 11:44AM

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

Yeah, it feels dirty. I agree. But I am hoping they win. Only because I want to see them lose to Dallas in Dallas. I'd like to see the Cowboys win this weekend and host a championship game. No chance of the Giants winning it all (but of course we know how that goes).

Please don't remind me!

I was rooting for the Bills to get a Super Bowl win but they have bent me over the desk a few times this season and last year so I hope they get smashed to be honest, other than that Ofcourse I don't want the Giants to win, Philly beat us in a Supet Bowl so that leaves Cincy, Dallas and SF any of which I'd be fine with winning

Money talks first though so for today go Giants I guess

• Options
    edited January 21, 2023 3:18PM

KC is in trouble. Hopefully, Mahomes is ok.

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chad Henne orchestrating a 98 yard touchdown drive.

• Options
    edited January 21, 2023 3:41PM

If Mahomes is out for the game it really puts the pressure on the KC defense. Chad Henne is certainly capable, but when was the last time he played, let alone played in such a high-stakes game??

Maybe he'll pull a Purdy!! B)

• Options

They shot him up when he went to the locker room.

• Options

Mahomes back in the saddle. He's one tough SOB.

• Options

@grote15 said:

Not much trouble at all.............Mahomes looks good, KC Defense looks better!

• Options
    edited January 21, 2023 6:45PM

@Steven59 said:

@grote15 said:

Not much trouble at all.............Mahomes looks good, KC Defense looks better!

Yes, luckily, he's ok. Henne helped out, too.

• Options

@grote15 said:

@Steven59 said:

@grote15 said:

Yes, luckily, he's ok. Henne helped out, too.

Yes, had that long TD drive. I imagine Mahome's ankle is gonna be hurting tonight big time but He'll be ready for next week.

• Options

Forget what I said about the Giants winning. Lol

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

@countdouglas said:
    This is for the reading enjoyment of @Darin and then anyone else that needs a refresher on the greatness of Mahomes.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2023/1/19/23561346/nfl-mvp-patrick-mahomes-consistent-greatness

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    Forget what I said about the Giants winning. Lol

Me, too :D

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

Patrick is in better shape than I was watching that one... B)

• Options
    edited January 21, 2023 9:16PM

@grote15 said:

@BillJones said:

@grote15 said:

@BillJones said:
    My picks:

Buffalo
    Kansas City
    San Francisco

38-7

Do you still think the Eagles are overrated?

The acid test will be against the 49ers because I think they will beat Dallas.

• Options

@BillJones said:

@grote15 said:

@BillJones said:

@grote15 said:

@BillJones said:
    My picks:

Buffalo
    Kansas City
    San Francisco

38-7

Giants were clearly overmatched but we'll see what happens next week assuming SF wins.

It's easy to pick the favorites, though.

• Options

@countdouglas said:

That lay up interception that was knocked away by a teammate was a game changer. Instead of 17-7 it’s 14-10 Jags and Henne might not be so relaxed. Chiefs are blessed by the football gods again.
    Then a fumble while driving late. Ugh

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:

@grote15 said:

@BillJones said:

@grote15 said:

@BillJones said:
    My picks:

Buffalo
    Kansas City
    San Francisco

38-7

I think the> @BillJones said:

@grote15 said:

@BillJones said:

@grote15 said:

@BillJones said:
    My picks:

Buffalo
    Kansas City
    San Francisco

38-7

I don’t think they’re overrated, the Eagles, but as a Giants fan I can say that I think they’re untested. The Giants were simply not a very good football team this year, despite earning a Wild Card birth. I cannot remember a weaker group of wide receivers anywhere for any team. Ever. They have two quality offensive lineman on the entire roster. Their secondary is very weak and their line backers are waiver wire players though they have a the makings of a good, young defensive line. Brian Daboll did a great job coaching all year (until yesterday; you punt on 4th and 8 at 7-0 in the first quarter, man!) and was able to shorten games and wait for the other teams to make mistakes nine times but again, the Giants were 1-4-1 in the NFC East and for good reason because the Eagles and Cowboys were too good for that plan to work. And for the record (pun intended), that’s 8-3 against everyone else, which segues nicely to…

The NFC East played - by far - the easiest schedule of any conference in football with their division playing the AFC south and the NFC North. This schedule was so easy that three teams (and very nearly ALL four) made the playoffs from the NFC East. I can’t ignore that. Yes, the Eagles ran roughshod over their opponents and you can only play the schedule you are given but going out and knocking around a bunch of Spider Rico’s doesn’t impress me all that much, either.

I do believe that the Eagles have the most talented roster of any team remaining but it is now certain that they will have two very high quality opponents in a row for the first time all year. The disparity in talent between the Giants and Eagles is/was enormous; I don’t think the same can be said for the Cowboys, 49ers, Chiefs, Bills or Bengals. I still think the Eagles are the favorite but the road gets a lot tougher from here on out.

There’s no tomato cans left.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow, There will be no mercy today, the 49ers are too powerful, escape is futile, muhahahaha!

• Options

The Giants far exceeded their expectations. I thought Daboll did a fantastic job with what he had. The strength of schedule played a major roll in the success of the NFC East this year as it always has for the Cowboys. Now the rest of the East hopped on board.
    Still my hats of to coach Daboll taking a waiver wire team to a 1-1 playoff record

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Yes, the big test for Eagles will be against San Francisco, if they win. If Dallas pulls the big upset, they might be easier for Eagles, especially at home.

• Options

@2dueces said:

@countdouglas said:

That lay up interception that was knocked away by a teammate was a game changer. Instead of 17-7 it’s 14-10 Jags and Henne might not be so relaxed. Chiefs are blessed by the football gods again.

If i was a Jags fan I would be furious.

• Options

@perkdog said:

Well I went with my better judgment and just couldn't bring myself to root for the G Men so instead I parlayed the over which I brought down to 36.5 and I'm still going, I need Cincy +10.5 and SF -2,5 😅

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@2dueces said:

@countdouglas said:

I thought the game was set for them after Mahomes went down, the Chiefs D stepped up though.

Jags fans have nothing to be ashamed of, they got a solid team just inexperienced but they will build on that and be better next year

• Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2023 8:30AM

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    but going out and knocking around a bunch of Spider Rico’s doesn’t impress me all that much, either.

He's a bum!

You think everyone I fight is a bum.

Well, ain't they?

Great reference.

I suppose we'll find out in the next few weeks. The best teams are the ones that are left.

Edit - Joe Czak would have worked also, but is a bit more obscure, although the name was used in two of the movies.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@2dueces said:

@countdouglas said:

I thought the game was set for them after Mahomes went down, the Chiefs D stepped up though.

Jags fans have nothing to be ashamed of, they got a solid team just inexperienced but they will build on that and be better next year

Nothing to be ashamed of, but the victory was theirs for the taking. Thy failed to do much when Mahomes was out. And they staled on a bunch of good chances. To get to the final 8 is VERY VERY hard.

• Options

The Jaguars need to learn how to protect that football or they won't go anywhere. Last week it was four Int's by Lawrence and they were unbelievably lucky to overcome that. This week it was a fumble and Int in the 4th quarter. The fumble was just careless ball handling and the pass seemed like Lawrence forced the ball. Those things are game killers.

I'm sure this was a good learning experience for the Jacksonville players and coaching staff but there are no guarantees, they may not get another chance. Tennessee will be back.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

I told you, this is a dangerous game for the Bills.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    I told you, this is a dangerous game for the Bills.

The Bills did not play well last week. Cincinnati is beating them this week so far.

• Options

So much for the "Where do we play the neutral sight game at??" It's starting to look like a moot point now and we'll be having a rematch in KC. Sean McDermott is probably gonna hear some version of Bum Phillips in his sleep tonight: One year ago we knocked on the door. This year we beat on the door. Next year we're gonna kick the SOB in!!

• Options
    edited January 22, 2023 4:07PM

Burrow be Da Man today! Cinci D looked pretty good also.................

• Options

:)

• Options

Good, I'm glad Buffalo lost

Sorry Joe but they screwed me so many times I fell off the feel.bad for Buffalo train