Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

October………..pick ups.

GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 30, 2022 11:41AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Let’s see what everyone is picking up in October……

Will we have an October of celebrations,

Or will it be a tricky one…….

Comments

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    Greetings from the Northwoods of God's Country. Hope to get back on track with card sharing soon!!

Beautiful!!

God’s country is amazing.

Thanks for sharing 🐠🎣

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

PBR me, amigo!

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    CooptownCooptown Posts: 397 ✭✭✭

Collecting sports cards and autographs is amazing. But wherever you are beats anything.

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cooptown - Hayward Wisconsin. Up Nort'

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AFLfan said:
    My favorite items in my lacrosse collection are the old postcards, especially when they have notes written on the back. This card of the 1910 New Westminster Salmonbellies just arrived in the mail recently.

It is postmarked September 18, 1910, and the note on the back reads:

"Dear Willie- Your pet Nationals lost here Saturday 7-3 before 12000 people. It was a good game in spots but I think the silverware [trophy] will stay with us a while longer. Love to all, Jim"

I did a bit of online research and learned the game being referenced was played the day before, on Saturday, September 17, 1910. The Salmonbellies defeated the Montreal Nationals 7-3.

I just love these little glimpses into history, and wonder just how this postcard was saved for 112 years before it came to me?

hey AFLfan,
    That's pretty cool... :)

• Options

@handyman said:

hey handyman.
    Very nice... :)

• Options

@PNWcollector said:
    These are back after 18 months at PSA. For me, it’s really rewarding to self-submit raw cards and get these grades back.

hey PNWcollector,
    Oh Yeah! You did very well... :)

• Options

@stwainfan said:

This is the last regular card of Hank.

hey stwainfan,
    Very nice... :)

• Options

@rexvos said:
    Did a show in Arlington, TX yesterday. Show was still going today but I decided to drive home instead of fighting Cowboys traffic. From what I could tell people were not spending money but instead everyone was walking up either looking to sell something or trade That being said here is what I walked out with

hey rexvos,
    You did very well there... :)

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DougGlatt said:
    Love cross over cards and got these two this morning. Not high end, but pretty cool IMO.

en

Nice, I had that Gonzo too.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

@KendallCat said:
    Picked up another Bench RC this month. I am looking for an 8/8.5 centered and still seeking one in that grade range, but this one looked strong and price was decent.

hey KendallCat,
    Nice one... :)

• Options
    DougGlattDougGlatt Posts: 49 ✭✭✭

@KendallCat said:
    Picked up another Bench RC this month. I am looking for an 8/8.5 centered and still seeking one in that grade range, but this one looked strong and price was decent.

What did you pay for that?

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rexvos said:
    Did a show in Arlington, TX yesterday. Show was still going today but I decided to drive home instead of fighting Cowboys traffic. From what I could tell people were not spending money but instead everyone was walking up either looking to sell something or trade That being said here is what I walked out with

Great cards! I'm not familiar with the Manning cards. Any idea why they appear to be signed on the back? Just curious.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    GeneralJimGeneralJim Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

Johnny Unitas is on the other side of that card .

looking for 1988 Fournier estrellas stickers , 1985 Prism Jewel stickers , anything Jesse Owens .

• Options

@Kid4hof03 said:
    I haven't had time to scan much the last couple of weeks, so these were picked up in September but not scanned until October

hey Kid4hof03,
    Pretty cool on your unopened material... :)

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AFLfan said:

@rexvos said:

Great cards! I'm not familiar with the Manning cards. Any idea why they appear to be signed on the back? Just curious.

Yep Unitas signed after the fact. It is a passing the torch card. It was signed after the fact not at release. Thought they looked cool so I got them.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options

@dtmodel said:
    3 more Bobby Orr cards - 1 regular issue and the other 2 are newer cards that I simply thought would fit nicely in my Orr collection.

hey dtmodel,
    Pretty cool... :)

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

Strong start to October boys!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@BPorter26 said:
    I'm pretty excited that I was able to add this ticket stub to my ticket collection. This play goes down as NFL's # 1 play in NFL history "Immaculate Reception." I was very fortunate to win this ticket stub a few weeks ago and now it has arrived at PSA for grading.

hey BPorter26,
    Now That's Pretty Cool... :)

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a huge pickup @BPorter26 Congratulations!

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Topps PLL rainbow parallels are #/5 cards. However, two single cards (Trevor Baptiste, card #41 & Blaze Riorden, card #42) have popped up as #/6. There has been no statement/documentation from Topps about these cards. I have yet to see any other examples of rainbow Baptiste or Riorden cards to compare, so I'm not sure what the story may be. Anyway, I received the Riorden today as part of a trade.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    Another Killebrew collector had this in his set for a while and it appears he is selling the set off. I have wanted it for an upgrade to my PSA 2, and finally got it. Highest graded, total graded 3!

That’s awesome Joe, congrats!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,213 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks! I never figured it would become available.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    BuckHunter68BuckHunter68 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭

Mama Mia Montana!!!
    Beautiful!

"You've gotta be a man to play this game...but you'd better have a lot of little boy in you, too"--Roy Campanella

• Options
    BuckHunter68BuckHunter68 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    edited October 4, 2022 12:50PM

@dtmodel said:
    3 more Bobby Orr cards - 1 regular issue and the other 2 are newer cards that I simply thought would fit nicely in my Orr collection.

The Great One. Beautiful additions!
    I really love that Champs card.

"You've gotta be a man to play this game...but you'd better have a lot of little boy in you, too"--Roy Campanella