Home Sports Talk
Options

Let's talk about our "Jimmy the Greek specials"

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    Here’s the $60,000 question. Does Rodgers still own the Bears?

@thisistheshow said:
    Yes, for at least one more game.

Is Rodgers playing this week?

Broken thumb and a rib injury?

I really think Love will be taking over or so I thought

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭✭✭

so, i'm a liar. either that or i'm allowed to change my mind. but let's just call me a liar.......that's way more fun. i really didn't want to do this, but i kinda felt like i had to. it was either take my $1.62 and order something off the dollar menu at Mickey D's, or trudge forward. and seeing as i ate enough over the holidays to last me three weeks, i'm opting for the latter. but hey, at least i've learned my lesson with parlays after all of the bellyaching i've done about unpredictability in the NFL.

i just lied again.

see how much fun that is?

+1.62

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    so, i'm a liar. either that or i'm allowed to change my mind. but let's just call me a liar.......that's way more fun. i really didn't want to do this, but i kinda felt like i had to. it was either take my $1.62 and order something off the dollar menu at Mickey D's, or trudge forward. and seeing as i ate enough over the holidays to last me three weeks, i'm opting for the latter. but hey, at least i've learned my lesson with parlays after all of the bellyaching i've done about unpredictability in the NFL.

i just lied again.

+1.62

Didn't you crush it with USA vs Iran?

• Options

@perkdog said:

Didn't you crush it with USA vs Iran?

i was stuck almost 400 prior to that bet........it cleaned my slate

and speaking of parlays, check this out:

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/betting/bettor-turns-100-into-75k-after-hitting-nfl-parlay-2683976/

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is Fields out for the Bears?

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alfonz24 said:
    Is Fields out for the Bears?

I think he is out but I’m not certain

• Options

Galaxy I’m glad you stayed away from k-state - tcu. Wildcats could pull the upset as they’ve been playing well lately.
    Hope usc beats Utah that could go either way.

• Options

Fields practiced apparently, still questionable though

Rodgers is looking like he will play, if Fields is in against Rodgers I might seriously consider a Bears ML

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

i just lied again.

you reminded me of this

But I am a liar, that's the truth; go home and think it through

• Options

• Options

Perk why didn’t you bet $500?
    Just kidding Sweet win 💰

• Options

@Darin said:
    Perk why didn’t you bet $500?
    Just kidding Sweet win 💰

Funny thing is I was playing some world cup parlays ( $10 ) I won a $100 on early cash outs, Morocco win and Croatia/Belgium draw both tied into a US win or draw so I took my profit while I could.

Brazil and Cameroon were tied at the half and I saw Cameroon +900 for a win and like +450 for a draw so I split 50 each on those bets ( dart throw ) and got lucky

I wish I threw the entire 100 on Cameroon but I will take it!

I know as much about Soccer as I do junior Hockey which is absolutely nothing so it was just a bored at home random action lol

• Options

@perkdog

SWEET hit bro!

• Options
    edited December 2, 2022 4:36PM

@galaxy27 said:
    @perkdog

SWEET hit bro!

Thanks bud 🍻

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog
    I second that. Sweet win! Congratulations buddy.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    @perkdog
    I second that. Sweet win! Congratulations buddy.

Thanks Joe! 🍻

• Options
    edited December 3, 2022 10:43AM

let's try this again shall we

• Options

My only bet this weekend

Dolphins +160 moneyline

• Options

@Darin said:
    Galaxy I’m glad you stayed away from k-state - tcu. Wildcats could pull the upset as they’ve been playing well lately.
    Hope usc beats Utah that could go either way.

Galaxy have you considered a
    Parlay anonymous meeting?

• Options
    edited December 3, 2022 5:44PM

@Darin said:

clearly you are omniscient

if you could just like, warn me ahead of time so i don't place a bet on a team coached by an imbecile, that would be greatttttttt

edit: hope you got some of that, seeing as you were feeling the Utes and Cats

• Options

good luck with your Sunday picks gents

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    good luck with your Sunday picks gents

I like this one

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@galaxy27 said:

@Darin said:

clearly you are omniscient

if you could just like, warn me ahead of time so i don't place a bet on a team coached by an imbecile, that would be greatttttttt

edit: hope you got some of that, seeing as you were feeling the Utes and Cats

Galaxy I apologize for that post I went too far. But I really was hoping you would just stay away from betting against k state, I’ve watched most of their games and they just got better as the season progressed. Looks like they’ve found a great replacement for bill snyder.
    I root for you guys to win your bets so let’s go on a winning streak like deuces! 👍

• Options
    edited December 4, 2022 2:15PM

@Darin i wasn't offended by anything you said. hell you were speaking the truth -- i have been regularly unable to connect on more than one winner all season long, yet i still attempt parlays and teasers like a demented person. and when i called you omniscient i was being serious -- you were leaning K-State and Utah in those games and i was hoping you dropped some coin on them. no need to apologize.

win or lose (probably lose), at least the bet below is only one game 😂

• Options

Glad I stayed away from the 49ers. Jimmy G out 5 minutes into the game

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Galaxy cha Ching! Nice bet on lv.

• Options

@2dueces said:

I had the dolphins and when jimmy went out thought I had an easy win.😭

• Options
    edited December 5, 2022 3:57AM

@Darin said:

@2dueces said:

I had the dolphins and when jimmy went out thought I had an easy win.😭

Tua looked like the old Tua with a pass rush.
    Last 5 games they beat
    Steelers
    Browns
    Bears
    Lions
    Browns

Not exactly defensive juggernauts.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

a nationally televised tilt in week 13 has the real feel of a show-me game for Brady & the Bucs. if they can't take care of business at home against a Saints team that can't score in a brothel, it'll officially be time to whip out the proverbial fork and jam it in them.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    a nationally televised tilt in week 13 has the real feel of a show-me game for Brady & the Bucs. if they can't take care of business at home against a Saints team that can't score in a brothel, it'll officially be time to whip out the proverbial fork and jam it in them.

😄😄😄😄😄😄😄 👍🍻

• Options

Tom terrific with the playoffs on the line. I’ll take him at home -3 every time

W.C.Fields
  • Options

for my sake I'm glad he did this, but Mark Ingram needs to be federally investigated

https://youtu.be/MCPBsMAx9SE

• Options

a little world cup prop action this afternoon

• Options

Nice W @galaxy27

• Options

@perkdog said:

Nice W @galaxy27

thank you amigo

feel strongly about anything this coming weekend ?

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@perkdog said:

Nice W @galaxy27

thank you amigo

feel strongly about anything this coming weekend ?

The Vikings are +115 ML against Detroit, other than that nothing is jumping out to me with any value

Ofcourse with my track record Detroit will probably crush them

On the Soccer end of things I will win $50 if Brasil wins

Yes I purposely spelled it BraSil 😁

• Options

@Darin said:
    My only bet this weekend

Dolphins +160 moneyline

I fell victim to this as well 😒

• Options

I’m looking at a couple of dogs that in my mind shouldn’t be.
    Ravens +2.5 at Steelers.
    I’ve seen Jackson and Huntley. There is a drop off in talent but is it enough to really effect the Ravens game plan. If they can run the ball and work some play action into the game it should be a grind em out game. Not sure if Gus Edwards is 100% healthy. Looks like a nice tease with the unders.
    Minnesota +2.5 at Detroit. Line moved from +1 to +2.5. 10-2 vs 5-7. Vegas is begging you to take Minnesota. The Vikings lost 2 games, Philadelphia and Dallas in blow out fashion but have taken care of the games they needed to win.

How about a $100 teaser
    Minnesota +8.5
    Ravens +8.5

and another $100
    Ravens +8.5
    Under 44.5

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2022 11:39AM

can you imagine being 10-2 on the season and being a 2.5 dog to the sub-.500 Lions?

if that doesn't motivate a team to the point of being completely pissed off idk what will

• Options

bypassed the early games, now time for a little afternoon action

• Options

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    bypassed the early games, now time for a little afternoon action

Seattle cost me a $375 winner 😡

• Options

@perkdog said:

Seattle was not ready to play. came out and spotted the Panthers 17 points and never had the lead the entire game.

what i could not believe was how horrible Tua looked last night. he was going up against a Chargers D that was completed decimated and he posted a 24.7 QBR. he looked like he has one of the weakest arms in the league -- every pass hangs in the air and has very little zip on it. how on earth he was the top-ranked passer going into that game is completely beyond me.

there i was thinking that Miami was going to hang 40 on LA, and they were lucky to have scored a single touchdown that entire game. you know how my saying goes -- that's what i get for thinking

you just never freaking know

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@perkdog said:

Seattle was not ready to play. came out and spotted the Panthers 17 points and never had the lead the entire game.

what i could not believe was how horrible Tua looked last night. he was going up against a Chargers D that was completed decimated and he posted a 24.7 QBR. he looked like he has one of the weakest arms in the league -- every pass hangs in the air and has very little zip on it. how on earth he was the top-ranked passer going into that game is completely beyond me.

there i was thinking that Miami was going to hang 40 on LA, and they were lucky to have scored a single touchdown that entire game. you know how my saying goes -- that's what i get for thinking

you just never freaking know

Miami’s 5 game win streak. Steelers, Lions Bears Texans and Browns.
    3rd place schedules make teams look great. Now the Dolphins faced the 49ers, Herbert and the Chargers and go into Buffalo with a healthy defense, not 100 degrees on the visitors side line. Tua folded under pressure, looked lost and they are starting to play like a 3rd place team.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

On a side note the Eagles signature win was against 1 top tier QB, Cousins, if you call him that. Don’t say Rodgers, everyone beat Rodgers this year. Well see soon enough if all the smoke and mirrors works in December and January.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

I have zero feel for SF-Sea tonight.......which is pretty much every NFL game this season 😂.........so i'm waking this thread up with a little NBA action

• Options

Purdy is playing so I’m taking SF -3.5

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    Purdy is playing so I’m taking SF -3.5

Same here