Home Sports Talk
Options

Let's talk about our "Jimmy the Greek specials"

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2023 6:03PM

Being honest I don't like anything about tonight's game, it's very similar to the Giants vs Raiders. 2 crap teams and it looks to be a coin toss, I would have bet the house on the Giants and lost so if I were to bet this game the home team plus 3+ points is the only way I'd bet it

Good Luck @galaxy27

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,356 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

2 crap teams

that's being generous

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Being honest I don't like anything about tonight's game, it's very similar to the Giants vs Raiders. 2 crap teams and it looks to be a coin toss, I would have bet the house on the Giants and lost so if I were to bet this game the home ream plus 3+ points is the only way I'd bet it

Good Luck @galaxy27

So the home team ream is the play?

I don’t know if you’ve ever realized this but sometimes your misspellings’ are hilarious. 🤣

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

@Darin said:

@perkdog said:
    Being honest I don't like anything about tonight's game, it's very similar to the Giants vs Raiders. 2 crap teams and it looks to be a coin toss, I would have bet the house on the Giants and lost so if I were to bet this game the home ream plus 3+ points is the only way I'd bet it

Good Luck @galaxy27

So the home team ream is the play?

I don’t know if you’ve ever realized this but sometimes your misspellings’ are hilarious. 🤣

Dude, it's the biggest PAIN IN THE A**, I got a New phone and the freaking thing literally has the most sensitive key pad ever, I mess up all the time

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perkdog, a lot of times spellcheck changes my words into something not even close to the word I’m trying to type. 😡😡

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 877 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

@Martin said:

I don’t bet on games for over 30 years. I find it fascinating but learned my lesson. Not nearly as hard as perkdog
    I realized there was no way I could figure out a system that worked for me. It’s truly amazing how the lines are so equal. Now my question is (since I’ve not gambled in 30+ years how does the money line work. I know it’s straight up no point just win or loose. When they say -4000 what does that mean for a $100 bet? I know the favorite is the - part. And what does it mean for a +4000 on a $100 dollar bet

Thanks guys
    Martin

here's another example. on Sunday the Cowboys are 17-point favorites against the Giants. here's the current money line at my book:

Dallas -1700
    NY Giants +900

when talking about the team that's favored, which in this case is the Cowboys, the money line is set up to where you must bet the amount shown in order to win 100$. in other words, if you want to bypass the point spread and simply pick the Cowboys to win (the money line), then you must risk 1700 if you want to win 100. bet 850 to win 50, so on and so forth.

conversely, the figure next to the underdog -- which in this case is the Giants -- is the amount you'd win if you wagered 100$ on them to win the game. if you bet 50$ and they win, you'd receive 850........so on and so forth.

@galaxy27 said:

@Martin said:

I don’t bet on games for over 30 years. I find it fascinating but learned my lesson. Not nearly as hard as perkdog
    I realized there was no way I could figure out a system that worked for me. It’s truly amazing how the lines are so equal. Now my question is (since I’ve not gambled in 30+ years how does the money line work. I know it’s straight up no point just win or loose. When they say -4000 what does that mean for a $100 bet? I know the favorite is the - part. And what does it mean for a +4000 on a $100 dollar bet

Thanks guys
    Martin

@galaxy27
    That is exactly what I needed
    I was trying to figure it out on my own and I was making it harder than it is to understand.

Thanks
    Martin

• Options

@Martin said:

@galaxy27 said:

@Martin said:

Thanks guys
    Martin

here's another example. on Sunday the Cowboys are 17-point favorites against the Giants. here's the current money line at my book:

Dallas -1700
    NY Giants +900

when talking about the team that's favored, which in this case is the Cowboys, the money line is set up to where you must bet the amount shown in order to win 100$. in other words, if you want to bypass the point spread and simply pick the Cowboys to win (the money line), then you must risk 1700 if you want to win 100. bet 850 to win 50, so on and so forth.

conversely, the figure next to the underdog -- which in this case is the Giants -- is the amount you'd win if you wagered 100$ on them to win the game. if you bet 50$ and they win, you'd receive 850........so on and so forth.

@galaxy27 said:

@Martin said:

Thanks guys
    Martin

@galaxy27
    That is exactly what I needed
    I was trying to figure it out on my own and I was making it harder than it is to understand.

Thanks
    Martin

actually i goobered one of the figures. it should have said bet 50 on the Giants to win 450, not 850. but i think you've got it.

just remember that the money line is centered around 100 bucks -- how much you have to drop to win 100 on the favorite, and how much you win if you drop 100 on the underdog.

• Options

4 nights ago my alma mater took out Oklahoma State in their house. tonight they are playing another Power 5 school, this time NC State. my gut says they won't be able to replicate that type of performance again. but defense is their strength, and in the past few years they've had a penchant for turning games against bigger schools into ugly rock fights. a few years ago they beat Texas in the NCAA tournament in a very low-scoring affair, and the final tally against Oklahoma St the other night was 64-59.

so with all of that said, i'm going to duck 146.5 tonight. go Cats!

-96.24 pending the second leg of my NFL teaser

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

I visited Kansas on Thursday.

Already won this 7 legger of NCAA basketball that was played Thursday.

My kiosk bets to fulfill the requirements of the Hollywood promotion.

• Options
    edited November 12, 2023 6:31AM

I sweated this out with Memphis big time. There wasn't any really profitable time to hedge them so the struggle ensued but thankfully it went good.

Miami and Florida were decent value and rivalry games you throw the "What should happen out the window" so I hedged a bit to be safe, it cut into the profits but it was necessary just in case.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a sneaky hunch tonight
    Jets defensive touchdown anytime +700
    For $50

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

when you're running as bad as i am right now, you get to a point where you just expect these types of things to happen to you

https://x.com/gavinmchughh/status/1723811558147367271?s=20

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    when you're running as bad as i am right now, you get to a point where you just expect these types of things to happen to you

https://x.com/gavinmchughh/status/1723811558147367271?s=20

Dude that was rough, I had Cincy ML as well.

How about that phantom no safety call in the Miami/FSU game, my buddy live bet it Miami +6.5 and got burned hard by that BS call.

Google it if you want to see garbage. It's one of the worst calls I've ever seen by a ref.

• Options

How'd countdouglas do this week with his bets?

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,288 ✭✭✭✭✭

3 late bad beats for me:Cinn,Jets,GB.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

• Options

good luck count🍻

• Options
    edited November 13, 2023 6:27PM

I have a little 3$ contest going on tonight over at DK

gonna be kinda hard for either of us to win I'd say

• Options
    edited November 13, 2023 10:27PM

i think we've established what it's like to bet on the NBA. it's sheer insanity. no lead is safe.

i'm doing cartwheels over here right now because not only did count win a 3-teamer tonight, but he did so by taking a team that was down 23 points in the 3rd and ended the game on a 21-1 run to win (Toronto). if i had bet on that game i'm sure i would have unloaded on the Wizards. :D

WELL done 💰

• Options

@galaxy27

That's not the half of it.

After betting $4 on that parlay, later in the afternoon, I was feeling frisky, and put another $5 on the exact same play.

Then, I thought, you know what? Caesars had given me a $30 free bet recently that was just waiting for "a sure thing", so I put that on it too.

Lol

I never had any doubt. 😏

(Can't fit everything in the screenshot, but the pertinent info is there.)

• Options

I'm not going to tell you that I was not at least somewhat aware of what was going on in those 3 games, but I did not watch one single second of NBA last night - nor have I - nor will I - watch any highlights of the action from those games. I'm all about just looking forward and on to the next opportunity for the easy money... lol.

(Yeah, I have it aaalllllll figured out.) 😉

• Options
    edited November 14, 2023 4:20AM

I was so wrapped up in other things, including my NBA parlay, that I forgot about this until this morning. I don't watch NCAA basketball at all, either. Lol

I'm the king of "whatever number of teams "x" that I put in my parlay, I'm going to get (x-1)/x."

I had to get the parlay to a minimum of +400, and Caesars would give me a 33% profit boost. It was +495 before the boost to +659. I had 99 cents at the end of my account, so gave it a whirl.

• Options
    edited November 14, 2023 4:28AM

After hitting my big parlay I decided to pull back and only lose a little on Sunday, my last bet was a quick little CD Lamb hit to double up my $30 and call it a day.

That $60 I threw 2 darts on first TD of the Denver vs Buffalo game, figured I'd do Longshots on both sides of the ball and got lucky when Sutton scored first.

• Options

@countdougIas
    @perkdog

💰💰💰💰💰

• Options
    edited November 15, 2023 7:06AM

My thoughts of lighting striking twice with a big parlay were quickly snuffed out by Bowling Green snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory losing by a point.

I tried to get cute and hit a Longshot live play while Western Michigan was playing a tight game against Northwestern

Kansas live play bailed me out

• Options

was at a high school football game last night and tossed a couple of NBA bets in, but didn't get a chance to post em until now

lo and behold, two winners......hallelujah

still have lots of work to do

• Options

i have got to be the biggest wanker for continuously trying to connect on these death bets NFL parlays. but they are my crack and i keep snorting them

if the Texans win, the Jags win, and the Cowboys lose to the Panthers, i will pour cyanide in Dak Prescott's coffee

• Options

and i would hate for pro hoops to feel neglected, so here's a suicide wager NBA parlay tonight

• Options

Good luck @galaxy27

• Options

https://nypost.com/2023/11/17/sports/dave-portnoy-fumes-over-lost-120k-bet-after-joe-burrow-injury/

I guess I shouldn't be too annoyed about wasting a $50 spot on Cincy

But I am 😒

• Options

NFL parlay placed Monday with early lines.

NFL parlay placed this morning. Needed to get it to +400 for a 50% profit boost.

• Options

NBA - a 4 legger and a 3 legger.

• Options

NCAA Football. All teams were 10+ point favorites except Georgia, which was only 9.5 on the Caesars app. Once it was at least +400, I got a 50% profit boost.

• Options

NCAA Men's Basketball. All teams were at least 10 point favorites.

• Options

Lots of action!!

• Options

My 3 NFL bets that I'm required to make at the Hollywood kiosks to fulfill their promotion.

I believe I'm buying a Chiefs win here, if you know how the gambling gods work.

• Options

Hit them bets fellas!!!

• Options

the Spurs have been playing terrible basketball. historically bad defense. lost 7 in a row. i played the law of averages game last night with the Clippers, so why not again?

• Options

with 4:22 left in the 3rd quarter: San Antonio 85, Memphis 67

so with the +3 i'm up 21

final score: Memphis 120, San Antonio 108

someone kindly shoot me in the head while i'm asleep

😴🔫

• Options

here's another gem from tonight that i didn't have action on

with 4:53 left in the first quarter: Miami 22, Chicago 1

final score: Chicago 102, Miami 97

😂

• Options
    edited November 19, 2023 1:52AM

Yes, I lost the Chicago game.

RESULTS:

2/3 and 3/4 on the NBA parlays

21/23 on the NCAA football moneyline parlay, all were 10+ point favorites except Georgia at 9x.

14/17 on the NCAA basketball moneyline parlay, all were 10+ point favorites.

Let's see some points today in the NFL!

• Options

An email congratulating me on my progress in the promotion. Penn Cash is essentially free slot play, but they double the value of the Penn Cash when redeemed for food. The chart is a bit off on the formatting. You have to bet all 18 weeks to get the $1,000. They don't add $750 after week 17.

• Options

count i saw your bets but didn't realize until your post that the Spurs got you too.........and so did the Heat. really gross, but that's the nature of the NBA. i sound like a broken record, but i can't emphasize it enough...........no lead is safe in pro basketball. this season isn't even a quarter old and i've already seen 15-20 examples of teams with ~20 point leads lose games outright. i have a difficult time wrapping my mind around what's going on.

honestly, a profitable strategy would probably be to monitor every game and go the live action route. drop a 10-spot on any team that is way behind early, because there's a puncher's chance that they will come back and win & you'll really get paid off. but ain't nobody got time for all that.

gl today

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,288 ✭✭✭✭✭

Michigan next week for me. My play is in for the Championship:Georgia for the Holy Ghost,3 peat.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

i won an NFL parlay......i'm thinking about taking my pants off and running down the street

slipping another in

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    i won an NFL parlay......i'm thinking about taking my pants off and running down the street
    content edited
    slipping another in

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

content edited
    slipping another in

• Options

Nice work @galaxy27

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

@thisistheshow said:

content edited
    slipping another in

my bizzle, I apologize 🤷😂

• Options

My NFL bets were a mile long list of same game parlays with more legs than centipedes, all short over team point totals with a few ML mixed in, Miami. SF, Dallas and Detroit.

Bottom line, In the GREEN