Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

**** 2023 MORGAN & PEACE SILVER DOLLARS OFFICIAL THREAD****

Comments

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9, 2023 9:13AM

Shipment e-mail received for Peace dollar. Shipped from Texas.

• Options
    spyglassdesignspyglassdesign Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

Morgans at 225k and peace at 69k stocklevel. Interesting to see how long they last!

• Options
    GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

Very easy this morning, doesn't seem to have much pressure on the website (other than claiming it has extraordinary demand)

• Options
    SilverPlatinumSilverPlatinum Posts: 213 ✭✭✭

• Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9, 2023 9:19AM

@spyglassdesign said:
    Morgans at 225k and peace at 69k stocklevel. Interesting to see how long they last!

Those are erroneous numbers and of course, are not updating in real-time. There were an estimated 100K+ of each available based on more reliable data.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options

Something wrong with the U.S. Mint website. The "stocklevel" is not getting updated when viewing the source page!

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

I miss seeing order #s posted, dang subscriptions...... :#

• Options

@SilverPlatinum said:
    Something wrong with the U.S. Mint website. The "stocklevel" is not getting updated when viewing the source page!

They stopped real-time updates of stocklevel back in the beginning of the year. It is now the norm for no real-time update of the page source stocklevel.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JeffM said:

@Aspie_Rocco said:

@HATTRICK said:

My phone silences unknown callers so I don’t have that problem with the calls, however, I get those scam spoof emails all the time about shipping problems.

I solved that problem by not answering my phone unless I know who's on the other end, and I don't open any e-mails unless I know for sure who they're from. I get hundreds of spoof e-mails every day. They fill my trash.

I don’t answer either but they still can leave a message and I just delete. However after getting a call from three times in a row on days a delivery was coming . I thought it was quite a coincidence. Reported to the mint and post office. Had another USPS delivery coming today and got a call from same number again and left same robo message.
    4 times of USPS deliveries same call and message on day of delivery.
    Strange :/

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

@SPalladino said:

@SilverPlatinum said:

They stopped real-time updates of stocklevel back in the beginning of the year. It is now the norm for no real-time update of the page source stocklevel.

Really......I did not know that! So how often they update the "stocklevel" now?

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:

@JeffM said:

@Aspie_Rocco said:

@HATTRICK said:

My phone silences unknown callers so I don’t have that problem with the calls, however, I get those scam spoof emails all the time about shipping problems.

I solved that problem by not answering my phone unless I know who's on the other end, and I don't open any e-mails unless I know for sure who they're from. I get hundreds of spoof e-mails every day. They fill my trash.

I don’t answer either but they still can leave a message and I just delete. However after getting a call from three times in a row on days a delivery was coming . I thought it was quite a coincidence. Reported to the mint and post office. Had another USPS delivery coming today and got a call from same number again and left same robo message.

Someone has access to your Informed Delivery. It may be best to change your USPS password.

• Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JeffM said:
    Someone has access to your Informed Delivery. It may be best to change your USPS password.

This is brilliant and probably the most plausible explanation. Kudos JeffM

• Options
    edited August 9, 2023 12:17PM

@JeffM said:

@HATTRICK said:

@JeffM said:

@Aspie_Rocco said:

@HATTRICK said:

Thanks for the info. I was not signed up for informed delivery, however I changed my USPS.com password and requested a code to sign up for informed delivery. My belief is that someone inside the local distribution center for USPS may be in on it.
    Too many hackers with too many easy targets these days. That is why I use my hackproof banking system. No online accounts as I deal directly with local bankers who I know and who know me. One phone call and its done free of charge as I am a "valued customer"

P.S. Our local post office sucks. This delivery sat two days at regional center. And it has been on the 20 minute trip to the local post office for three days. Probably sitting in a container waiting for workers to show up and sort for delivery.

Or This:https://us.v-cdn.net/cdn-cgi/image/fit=scale-down,width=1600/https://media.tenor.com/Cr3pCSjPWEIAAAAC/gif.gif

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

@SilverPlatinum said:

@SPalladino said:

@SilverPlatinum said:

Really......I did not know that! So how often they update the "stocklevel" now?

Every 24 hours. It could be every 12 hours, but I have not investigated that. It appeared that they did turn on real-time updating about a week ago for one day, but then it has been turn off again since then.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options

Anyone notice that they turned off the waiting room about a half hour in? An indicator of lighter-than-expected traffic?
    Both are still available at nearly 4 hours in.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options

@SPalladino said:
    Anyone notice that they turned off the waiting room about a half hour in? An indicator of lighter-than-expected traffic?
    Both are still available at nearly 4 hours in.

I did notice that. It might have even been sooner than that.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

So are people still enthusiastic about this issue that didn't sell out after 4 hours? With an HHL of 25, no less.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    So are people still enthusiastic about this issue that didn't sell out after 4 hours? With an HHL of 25, no less.

I'm excited to get a couple for myself... But it seems the resalability will likely be limited if it doesn't sell out in days or weeks.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9, 2023 1:20PM

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    MrBearMrBear Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    edited August 9, 2023 1:21PM

@HATTRICK said:

Thanks for the info. I was not signed up for informed delivery, however I changed my USPS.com password and requested a code to sign up for informed delivery. My belief is that someone inside the local distribution center for USPS may be in on it.
    Too many hackers with too many easy targets these days. That is why I use my hackproof banking system. No online accounts as I deal directly with local bankers who I know and who know me. One phone call and its done free of charge as I am a "valued customer"

P.S. Our local post office sucks. This delivery sat two days at regional center. And it has been on the 20 minute trip to the local post office for three days. Probably sitting in a container waiting for workers to show up and sort for delivery.

Or This:https://us.v-cdn.net/cdn-cgi/image/fit=scale-down,width=1600/https://media.tenor.com/Cr3pCSjPWEIAAAAC/gif.gif

Most successful banking hacks happen at the bank level, not at the consumer level. Although social engineering (e.g., phishing) does affect a lot of people.

Occasionally successful coin collector.
  • Options

@spyglassdesign said:

@jmlanzaf said:

I'm excited to get a couple for myself... But it seems the resalability will likely be limited if it doesn't sell out in days or weeks.

That's fine. People should buy whatever they want. I was mostly referring to the people that were predicting what a good value these were going to be. A Mint issue that isn't an instant sell out won't have legs.

• Options
    fathomfathom Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Proofs processing, pretty exciting stuff for the Hobby.

@jmlanzaf said:

How many proofs are they releasing next year?

• Options

Interestingly, the Morgan And Peace proofs are subscribable for 2024 now. This suggests that the mint is considering bring back these products for next year. I imagine that they could cancel these products for 2024, in which case the subscriptions go away, but as of now, it looks like they plan on bringing them back.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options
    MrBearMrBear Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

@SPalladino said:
    Interestingly, the Morgan And Peace proofs are subscribable for 2024 now. This suggests that the mint is considering bring back these products for next year. I imagine that they could cancel these products for 2024, in which case the subscriptions go away, but as of now, it looks like they plan on bringing them back.

Didn't they activate the subscriptions for the Uncs last month as well? I'd assume that if they do one, they'd do the other.

Occasionally successful coin collector.
  • Options

@MrBear said:

@SPalladino said:

Didn't they activate the subscriptions for the Uncs last month as well? I'd assume that if they do one, they'd do the other.

They did keep subscriptions for the uncs active for 2024...as of release day for the uncs. That said, while I have read about the mint's intent to continue the series going forward, I have not read anything about which of 2023 products (unc, proof, RP) would be continued. I had assumed at least the uncs. This action today suggests that the proofs are not a 2023 one-off.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2023 1:57PM

@SPalladino said:

I will assume they will look at sales of these before they make a decision on tooling up for next year. They will want to make sure they can sell through before committing. If these do not sell fairly quickly then I would bet they would pass on proofs or mint very limited, which should help the values. In either case with the new marketing strategies they seem to be employing, trust me they are aware of a potential glut situation and the "perceived value" need to maintain interest and buyer enthusiasm.

• Options
    MtW124MtW124 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:
    Last three times I had a delivery from the mint by USPS I get the same scam robo call about a problem with delivery. BS
    is this happening to anyone else. Call comes from the same spoofed local number

No experience like that but ide say mine was a little worse. I got my 10 $25 dollar bags of Eleanor Roosevelt Qtrs delivered no stops outside of USPS. The box had been opened and retapped. I new the tape was wrong and caught up to my postal carrier to ask him what happened. Opened it in front of him and one of my interior qtr boxes was opened and thrown back in ripped open. My carrier said it should have been noted somewhere on the outside or a note inside. NOTHING! Alerted post office and they had no answer except was there anything missing. I contacted the Mint and they issued a return. The mint was great USPS I was not happy with!

• Options
    edited August 9, 2023 2:06PM

The mint did update the sales stocklevel for these current proof sales. Not sure when they updated, but it has been in the time since noon EDT. At 1:47pm PDT, the mint was showing stocklevels of 71244 for the '23 Morgan proof, and 78224 for the '23 Peace proof.
    There were an estimated ~100K of each available just prior to release. If my estimate was correct, that would suggest roughly ~20-30K sold in 5 hours. Not likely a day one sell-out. The removal of the waiting room early on today was a clear "tell", IMO.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options

How is this possible! This does not make sense to me :/

Peace Proof:
    Noon time: stocklevel:69466
    Just now: stocklevel:78205

• Options

@MrBear said:

@HATTRICK said:

Most successful banking hacks happen at the bank level, not at the consumer level. Although social engineering (e.g., phishing) does affect a lot of people.

Yes but those are quickly caught and cleared up. Not so easy or quick with an unknown hacker.

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:

Mine are showing and it’s by subscription.

• Options

@robec said:

@Bullsitter said:

He's referring to the old Forum game of posting the order number as orders were placed on the day of release.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@robec said:

@Bullsitter said:

He's referring to the old Forum game of posting the order number as orders were placed on the day of release.

Ah, gotcha!! I remember that. I guess subscriptions have taken a bite out of that.

• Options
    edited August 9, 2023 3:00PM

@SilverPlatinum said:

Peace Proof:

Because, as I mentioned before, the numbers that you posted from noon (actually the same numbers as on 8/8) were erroneous. The mint occasionally mucks up the reported sales stocklevel numbers up through the release.
    ( have been following the subscription and sales pages stocklevels for Morgan and Pease issues of 2023 daily since mid-March)

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options

@robec said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@robec said:

@Bullsitter said:

Ah, gotcha!! I remember that. I guess subscriptions have taken a bite out of that.

They've eliminated it. Lol. Used to be a regular party in these parts... even for releases that weren't terribly popular.

• Options
    edited August 9, 2023 3:02PM

@HATTRICK said:
    Pinehurst has a golden ticket NGC MS70 FDOI certified on Ebay for $12,995

https://ebay.com/itm/175853971596

I saw that 🤣

When I first saw it I didn't realize it was slabbed.

• Options

@SPalladino said:

@SilverPlatinum said:

Peace Proof:

Because, as I mentioned before, the numbers that you posted from noon (actually the same numbers as on 8/8) were erroneous. The mint occasionally mucks up the reported sales stocklevel numbers up through the release.
    ( have been following the subscription and sales pages stocklevels for Morgan and Pease issues of 2023 daily since mid-March)

Thanks......

• Options
    Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Peace dollars shipped, Morgans maybe tomorrow, still processing.

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have received shipping confirmations!!!! WEEEEE!!!!

• Options

@Cranium_Basher73 said:
    My Peace dollars shipped, Morgans maybe tomorrow, still processing.

Same here!

• Options
    edited August 10, 2023 6:38AM

Those coins look spectacular!

Has a true cameo Peace Dollar ever been produced? EVER???

Seriously...can you even imagine a more beautiful US silver coin (other than maybe a Walker)?

• Options

Yes the proof would be stunning! I'm surprised that they are not sold out yet!

• Options

I'm in for more.

Spectacular.

• Options
    edited August 10, 2023 7:57AM

[I'm surprised that they are not sold out yet!]

And if they don't sell out...go ahead and melt down the remainder...less is better...FOR US!!!

Actually, melting down excess Peace and Morgan dollars is totally on brand for those coins historically!

• Options

@RichR said:
    [I'm surprised that they are not sold out yet!]

And if they don't sell out...go ahead and melt down the remainder...less is better...FOR US!!!

Actually, melting down excess Peace and Morgan dollars is totally on brand for those coins historically!

They don't have to melt them. They can continue to sell them into next year...or the year after.

• Options

Can you imagine the mania if any error proofs were produced!!!

• Options

@RichR said:
    Can you imagine the mania if any error proofs were produced!!!

Clash a die pair real good. Produce 200 clashed proofs. Much better than 200 Director's Strike COAs IMO.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file