Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

**** 2023 MORGAN & PEACE SILVER DOLLARS OFFICIAL THREAD****

Comments

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

@alefzero said:
    Got my enrollments in for the BU Morgan and Peace, 3 each. Guess the others will follow. Had not done enrollments before. Avoided the Mint for years as I dealt only with REAL coins. LOL.

What I am certain would be popular would be if they did them in 90% silver. (Clad ones would be interesting too, but probably not popular except with speculators.)

You better go look again, they are all available now, Morgan Unc, Peace Unc, Morgan Pr, Peace Pr, And the reverse set of proofs

• Options

@GRANDAM said:

@Tomthemailcarrier said:
    I signed up for the enrollments on the Silver dollars. I’ve never owned a proof silver dollar before. The reverse proof sounds particularly interesting!

Anyone have a link for the enrollments?

I can't find one.

Go to the mint site and log in
    once logged in type enrollments in the searc window
    That should bring you there

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 8, 2022 12:28PM

@GRANDAM said:

@Tomthemailcarrier said:
    I signed up for the enrollments on the Silver dollars. I’ve never owned a proof silver dollar before. The reverse proof sounds particularly interesting!

I can't find one.

OK, that worked,,,,,,,,, THANKS!!!!!

Any ideas on pricing? I thought read the regular finishes were going to be priced at $65 ea?

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    BucketHeadBucketHead Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:

I can't find one.

If you go to shop and then coins you should get a menu. Select Morgan and Peace Silver Dollars. Select the ones you want a subscription to as well as the quantity. If you don't have your cc info saved you will need to enter it. Be sure to use a card that is good through 2023.

Cheers.

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 8, 2022 3:11PM

Totally serious question...instead of a privy mark, couldn't the Congress simply declare that the CC Mint exists for this and future special Morgan issues and then move a few presses into the basement of the former Carson City Mint building...and start striking away? I think I'd like a "real" mintmark rather than a privy park.

And how long would that take to strike a relatively small number of coins?

• Options

I ordered 3 of each, wish I knew how much I just put on my CC.
    Just received comformation email
    Anybody know the ship date?

• Options

Ok, they put a limit on each coin at 3. How many will be available for enrollment before they stop taking pre-orders? Does anyone know the mintages on these?
    Anybody have this info?
    Thanks

• Options

I got a '21 PCGS slabbed MS70 Morgan, so I'm good.

• Options
    edited July 8, 2022 4:21PM

@alaura22 said:

See the first comment of this thread for prices

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

@alaura22 said:
    Ok, they put a limit on each coin at 3. How many will be available for enrollment before they stop taking pre-orders? Does anyone know the mintages on these?
    Anybody have this info?
    Thanks

Mintages are shown on the mint order page. The mint will announce how many enrollments they will accept when they are ready

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks buddy.
    I, “the great”, enroller completely missed this but now we are enrolled for 3 of everything.
    I’ve been working lately and I really miss this place. To tired to do much but hit and run comments. 😉🙀🦫

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

My theory on this based on my experience as a Controller for a manufacturing company is that, since they already published a selling price in the Federal Register they should already have a contract price for the planchets and a projected time frame and cost for the production of the coins. This being said I am guessing these coins will be released very early next year and possibly in January.

• Options

@HATTRICK said:

@alaura22 said:

See the first comment of this thread for prices

I totally missed that
    Thank you
    A duh moment..........

• Options
    Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did 2 of each, myself.

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 567 ✭✭✭✭

Did 2 of the Rev. Proof sets which I will have graded. The others I will buy from Pinehurst already graded.

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

I ordered the proof coins

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    UpGrayeddUpGrayedd Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone think that by skipping 2022 interest/future demand will be affected?

Philippians 4:4-7

• Options

@bramn8r said:
    Maxed out my enrollments, oh my god, what have I done?

Just when you thought you were done overspending this year, they pull you back in.😮😬

• Options

I have received confirmation for 4 out of the 5. One is still processing.
    Had one of last year’s Peace order with the missing payment issue.
    I worried all the way until shipment, however all was good and it shipped.😱😄

• Options

Just received my final order confirmation. The Mint is overwhelmed with processing with all the new enrollment options. Now to sit back and wait for shipping info. As I said in my theory post above, these may come early next year. :)

• Options

[[Maxed out my enrollments, oh my god, what have I done?]]

So did I...

I'm pretending that I "saved" money this year with no purchases...so I'll splurge next year.

• Options

My enrollments list is still totally blank. It may take a day or two until they restore all the lists again.

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

Confirmation 3 of everything...

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

I ordered all 5 enrollments at the same time and got one confirmation for all 5. I enrolled for the ASE S separately and got the confirmation for that too.

• Options

Just got the 2022 Collector’s Guide from the Mint in the mail today. It shows the 2023 Peace &Morgan enrollments. It states the prices are subject to change

• Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 9, 2022 3:57PM

From CoinWorld... This Week's #1 Most Read: 2023 Morgan and Peace Dollar Details

I'm beginning to believe these dollars will be VERY popular.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ordered the proof and received conformation for them.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2022 6:43AM

@alaura22 said:

You placed an advanced order. An enrollment order can be cancelled or quantity changed up to three days prior to release date once release date is announced (unknown at this time). Mint has been known to freeze further enrollments and freeze changes to quantity once they see that limits are being reached which is why it is good to get signed up for the enrollment while you can. You can always cancel later.

“The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust.” - Satoshi Nakamoto

• Options
    edited July 10, 2022 6:15AM

@alaura22 said:
    Anybody have this info?
    Thanks

For now a purchase of 1 ea. will get you in the enrollment program but you can order up to 3 ea. for now. Enrollment limits on the recent ASEs were set at 100 max (once they appeared in My Enrollments page) even though household limits on day of web sale were much lower. In the past you could change your quantity at a drop down window in the My Enrollments page once the coins show up there. Even though you are now signing up for these enrollments and getting a confirmation email from the mint, they will likely not show up in your My Enrollments page until 2023. Once there hopefully quantities can be changed or cancelled (as in the past) up to three days before release.

those that ordered one each and now wish to increase order to the current limit of three can do so by simply going back to the order page and ordering two more of each coin. Loading them all into the cart before processing the order will save time.

“The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust.” - Satoshi Nakamoto

• Options
    jeffas1974jeffas1974 Posts: 329 ✭✭✭

I did what derryb mentioned above and placed a second order on Friday night to get to the hhl of 3. The second order still says processing instead of confirmed. Has anyone else has the same thing happened where they have yet to receive a confirmation email after 24 hours? I called the mint but the rep wasn’t helpful and didn’t seem to understand my question of why it was still at processing status even though I have a buddy or two that received confirmation emails on orders placed after mine.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2022 6:34AM

@HATTRICK said:
    My enrollments list is still totally blank. It may take a day or two until they restore all the lists again.

Here’s my enrollment page 😉🙀🦫
    She’s a blank as in what the mint calls “ updating “😂

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

@jeffas1974 said:
    I did what derryb mentioned above and placed a second order on Friday night to get to the hhl of 3. The second order still says processing instead of confirmed. Has anyone else has the same thing happened where they have yet to receive a confirmation email after 24 hours? I called the mint but the rep wasn’t helpful and didn’t seem to understand my question of why it was still at processing status even though I have a buddy or two that received confirmation emails on orders placed after mine.

changed my order for each coin to three and received a second email confirmation. Here's what my Orders page now looks like. Don't know why they are showing the first order of one each as being shipped. One can only hope.

• Options

Although Enrollments page has not been updated, My Orders page should reflect your enrollment.

• Options
    edited July 10, 2022 7:16AM

Appears that if three each of all five coins are ordered all at once the mint will be sending one sealed box containing all the coins. For those that want each coin (3 ea.) in a separate sealed box then they should place five separate orders for 3 ea.

• Options
    jeffas1974jeffas1974 Posts: 329 ✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@jeffas1974 said:

changed my order for each coin to three and received a second email confirmation. Here's what my Orders page now looks like. Don't know why they are showing the first order of one each as being shipped. One can only hope.

Thanks derryb. Maybe the Mint software isn’t sophisticated enough to check across multiple orders against the hhl limit and they need to wait for an actual human being to verify and approve the order past the processing status.

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:

@GRANDAM said:

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

I can't find one.

OK, that worked,,,,,,,,, THANKS!!!!!

Any ideas on pricing? I thought read the regular finishes were going to be priced at $65 ea?

• Options

I just discovered that after adding the new enrollment for the 2023 Peace and Morgans, my existing, open enrollment for the 2022 S ASE is no longer showing in my account.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2022 12:31PM

@derryb said:
    I just discovered that after adding the new enrollment for the 2023 Peace and Morgans, my existing, open enrollment for the 2022 S ASE is no longer showing in my account.

I noticed that on my 2022 Mint Set Enrollment. Guess I better call The Mint.

Update:

Just tried and of course The Mint's phone is dead.

2nd Update:

I checked my credit card and the Mint has hit it for the Mint Sets ,,,,,,,,, the charge wasn't there yesterday so I guess the enrollment worked.

GrandAm :)
  • Options

I must be suffering from severe heat stroke...as I just put in additional enrollments for 2 more of each on a separate account linked to a different address.

I suspect these HHL's might ultimately be cut back from 3 to 2 or even 1 of each.

I'd love to know the % of total coins available for each option that are already soaked up be the enrollments?

• Options

Please note prices are subject to change until released. The my enrollment page may take several days before it is fully restored. Also there may be new rules that make it harder to change or cancel an enrollment

• Options
    edited July 10, 2022 2:16PM

so why is an advance order (enrollment) showing shipped on order page and why is credit card being hit this far in advance of actual shipment? Coins won't be available until after Jan. 1

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    so why is an advance order (enrollment) showing shipped on order page and why is credit card being hit this far in advance of actual shipment? Coins won't be available until after Jan. 1

In my case:
    ~ the "order history" page displays a "shipping status" of "shipped" when the enrollment order is 'placed/processed'. In contrast, when an enrollment item actually ships, it displays a "shipping status" of "enrollment shipped";
    ~ my credit card was 'hit' for $0.00 when the enrollment order was 'placed/processed'.

• Options

For enrollments "SHIPPED" means confirmed and "ENROLLMENT SHIPPED" means the order has shipped and a tracking number will show on the order information page it will also have a different order number.

• Options

[[my credit card was 'hit' for $0.00 when the enrollment order was 'placed/processed']]

With HHLs and cost per coin still up in the air, I would assume that they won't actually charge your card until months from now...when they also send out their standard "Please confirm your credit card/shipping details, etc." email.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    [[my credit card was 'hit' for $0.00 when the enrollment order was 'placed/processed']]

With HHLs and cost per coin still up in the air, I would assume that they won't actually charge your card until months from now...when they also send out their standard "Please confirm your credit card/shipping details, etc." email.

Yes, you wont get charged till order ships.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    oilers99oilers99 Posts: 204 ✭✭✭

Are any of the Mint sleuths able to determine the remaining allotments for these after the launch?

• Options
    edited July 10, 2022 6:07PM

[[Are any of the Mint sleuths able to determine the remaining allotments for these after the launch?]]

Yes...all enrollments will be reduced to a HHL of 1...until online sales start...at which time HHL limits will be removed altogether!

That seems fair, right?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file