Home U.S. Coin Forum

**The Official Nat'l Purple Heart Hall of Honor 2022 Comm. Thread**2nd round Colorized in hand!

Comments

• JeffMJeffM Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    Stupid question...but I'll ask anyhow...since I never bought a "painted" coin until yesterday (God forgive me)...

Is the colorized material an enamel type material or something else?

Yes, I believe it's an enamel type material.

Available: 0. Guess this is indeed a complete sell-out at this point.

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JeffM said:
    Available: 0. Guess this is indeed a complete sell-out at this point.

There may be a few available in the morning like some of the other Mint products.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    Stupid question...but I'll ask anyhow...since I never bought a "painted" coin until yesterday (God forgive me)...

It's printed on. Not enameled.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

@OPA said:

@RichR said:

Will the printed purple color be of any consideration to PCGS in the grading process?

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:

@OPA said:

@RichR said:

Will the printed purple color be of any consideration to PCGS in the grading process?

You need to find out from PCGS , I'm not aware of any downgrades due to flaws in the color application for the previous 2 colorized coins, It might not be an issue.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some where I’ve seen some errors in the colorized versions. Research will be required 😉

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

Was it in your cart? Didn’t see anything this morning but that’s not unusual 🙀🦫

• mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got 2 in my cart, but wasn't quick enough to checkout...

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2022 10:42AM

[[This quick sellout immediately after the HHL was lifted shows that this coin would have quickly sold out on Thursday if there were a bit of of a higher HHL then. Great job, Mint! Victory for us collectors!]]

I totally agree.

Although it might sometimes gum up the webpages from loading quickly...a low HHL does keep the door open longer to give the "real collectors" more of an opportunity to win a prize. Providing those few extra minutes (or in this case hours) seems to make all the difference.

And I can only assume there will also be a flip opportunity on the secondary market since the original quantity was relatively low.

I think the Mint has finally done something to help individual collectors. The combination of the HHL of 1 together with the pre-ordering and delivery months down the road seems to be frustrating the pure flippers and their pet bots. If this is indeed the case, I hope the Mint does this with all of their hot releases.

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JeffM said:
    I think the Mint has finally done something to help individual collectors. The combination of the HHL of 1 together with the pre-ordering and delivery months down the road seems to be frustrating the pure flippers and their pet bots. If this is indeed the case, I hope the Mint does this with all of their hot releases.

I now trade in US MINT COIN FUTURES: USMCF :D

• djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jessewvu said:

@JeffM said:

I now trade in US MINT COIN FUTURES: USMCF :D

Put 10,000 shares of USMCF

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Mint is getting better at letting collectors in and keeping flippers out.

Many happy BST transactions
  • alaura22alaura22 Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2022 3:38PM

@cheezhed said:

Really???
    So why were all the collectors left holding the bag on the Sally Ride Quarters?
    IMO, they have a lot to prove to me that everything is "FAIR" to everyone

edited March 26, 2022 3:50PM

@alaura22 said:

@cheezhed said:

Really???
    So why were all the collectors left holding the bag on the Sally Ride Quarters?
    IMO, they have a lot to prove to me that everything is "FAIR" to everyone

Apparently this is nothing. There’s talk they might have pre sold ase’s (all bye bye) via enrollment.
    Now there’s a mess. Some of what I have read is very specific about enrollment taking everything and clearly sez may not have any available day of release. Seen it with my own eyes.
    The congratulations set my be it for now until later this year. HHL3 30,000 product limit 🙀🦫

@Jzyskowski1 said:

>

Apparently this is nothing. There’s talk they might have pre sold ase’s (all bye bye) via enrollment.

Item Number: 22EA
    Mintage Limit: None
    Product Limit: None
    Household Order Limit: None

Excellent work guys!
    I am grateful to have learned about carting one and coming back for it the next day. Seems you have learned this lesson well.
    Congratulations 😉🦫🙀

Seems to be quiet again 😉🦫🙀

• mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

They were up for less than a minute this morning. I checked the number available after about 20 seconds and it was 2. I would have checked when they first became available but did not think to do it until about my third refresh. My initial intent was to see how long they were up, but now I think the number available would be more interesting (I am not ordering more, I'm just curious to see how these play out)

Thanks. Missed it I guess.

I find myself researching more than picking up a second coin. Information is available ,getting it can be tricky. I’m thinking these will stay unavailable from now on. We shall see 😉🦫🙀

• CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

I picked one up this morning. Since they aren’t shipping until July, I wonder how the popularity of this produce might wane.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."

Was it in your cart. I was waiting and saw nothing?😉🦫🙀

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Was it in your cart. I was waiting and saw nothing?😉🦫🙀

I put it in my cart yesterday and completed the transaction today.

• AvocetAvocet Posts: 243 ✭✭✭✭

I apologize if this is a dumb question--> I am curious why a few coins become available sporadically after selling out. I don't understand why someone would return a pre-order item so soon after purchase. I have been tracking this post to see if an explanation would surface, and it's still a bit of a mystery.

Could this be explained by adding coins to a shopping cart but not completing the purchase within a 24-hour window?

I assumed that if you didn't immediately complete the purchase for items in the shopping cart, you might not be able to later due to sold-out inventory. What's going on?

🤔

@Avocet said:
    I apologize if this is a dumb question--> I am curious why a few coins become available sporadically after selling out. I don't understand why someone would return a pre-order item so soon after purchase. I have been tracking this post to see if an explanation would surface, and it's still a bit of a mystery.

Could this be explained by adding coins to a shopping cart but not completing the purchase within a 24-hour window?

I assumed that if you didn't immediately complete the purchase for items in the shopping cart, you might not be able to later due to sold-out inventory. What's going on?

🤔

The world may never know.

Could be orders canceled by buyer or by mint (credit card declined).

Any today?

• My PH colorized flipped today to processing? What gives with that? Anyone else?

edited April 5, 2022 9:51AM

Mines been at processing for awhile. You’ll be ok. Couple days before they will start notifying us.
    Remember how they did the morgan and peace fulfillment 😉🙀🦫

• GemstrikeGemstrike Posts: 87 ✭✭✭

Mine also!

I’ve got seven orders processing.
    😯😯😯

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got trouble

I'm in the "card no longer valid" camp.

Some CSR tried the new one 3 times and their system said "trouble fetching card" - my CC company says there were no declined transactions.

has anyone had this error happen to them and what was the solution?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
    edited April 5, 2022 11:51AM

No not personally. I seem to remember something about being able to correct CC info. If this is a preorder/ backorder I think they contact just before and at that time you can fix it. Now if for something that should be shipping I would call the mint 😉🙀🦫
    Shipping is July 14. Good luck

That "trouble fetching card" was the mint trying to process the new card

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

I’ve got 4 different payment CC and PayPal listed.
    Hopefully you will be able to get a different CC listed. Sorry, they really can be frustrating 😉🙀🦫

yeah. there needs to be a "gun to head" suicide emoji. I'd be using it. I really wanted these.

@MsMorrisine said:
    yeah. there needs to be a "gun to head" suicide emoji. I'd be using it. I really wanted these.

😣🔫 <~~best I could do

My order is processing but my card hasn't been pinged yet.

They won’t ping until they finish processing and they charge as the order is approved. Watch for the order prices to appear on invoice with shipping and final total cost. Shipping carrier will change from bestway to an carrier you use
    Check out this. My enrollment is moving and. not yet for preorder or backorder.

Here’s my enrollment being processed for April 7 clad proof set

• BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭

I wish I had been paying more attention to this hobby because I would have tried to get one of these. I'll try to get one in the future but I won't play flipper games.

I visited the Purple Heart Hall of Honor late last year, it's an amazing place but also somber and poignant. Most museums I visit are less depressing but it's also uplifting because it showcases how our servicemen and women have overcome and treated their injuries.

There is a section where you can look up and learn about recipients of the Purple Heart. Amazingly none of my family members got one despite the fact that we've had people in every US war from the Revolution to Afghanistan in the last decade.

I have an extensive photo gallery on my website, which you can see here:
    https://public.fotki.com/ElCaminoBilly/museums/purple-heart/

I wonder if the coins will get a display in the museum section? It's less than an hour from me so going back to check will not be a problem.

The basement display of cannons is also awesome, with several used in the Revolution.

Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file