Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

**The Official Nat'l Purple Heart Hall of Honor 2022 Comm. Thread**2nd round Colorized in hand!

Comments

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2022 11:30AM

@stawick

Negro leagues I see - 1741

data-available="1741.0"

Purple Heart I see 2636

data-available="2636.0"

My data-available also says 2636, but availablecount changed to 2718 now.

Five sets sold in past hour or so.

What is the difference between data-available and availablecount?

• Options
    stawickstawick Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:
    @stawick

data-available="1741.0"

Purple Heart I see 2636

data-available="2636.0"

dunno - I've "always" (not often, just learned the trick recently - "view page source" from browser, search) checked > data-available.

• Options

@stawick said:

@Goldbully said:
    @stawick

data-available="1741.0"

Purple Heart I see 2636

data-available="2636.0"

dunno - I've "always" (not often, just learned the trick recently - "view page source" from browser, search) checked > data-available.

I just learned a few weeks ago too. Both numbers are close enough to each other, so I guess it's a wash in the end.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable could weigh in.

• Options
    edited February 26, 2022 11:15AM

Not 2718, is now at 2627. Sorry for the error.

edited to add: Just noticed the household order limit is now "none."

• Options
    vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somehow the negro series just did not appeal to me any which way and as for the purple hearts, removed them from the cart after I had a good look at them on the way to check out.

Looks like 2022 would be the year I spend very little monies buying from the mint.

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

@vulcanize said:
    Somehow the negro series just did not appeal to me any which way and as for the purple hearts, removed them from the cart after I had a good look at them on the way to check out.

Looks like 2022 would be the year I spend very little monies buying from the mint.

I like both coins and ordered proof dollars and half dollars of each. I also bought the 2 coin set and privy dollar of the Negro Leagues. I actually like the half dollar coins of both series better.

• Options
    vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JeffM said:

I like both coins and ordered proof dollars and half dollars of each. I also bought the 2 coin set and privy dollar of the Negro Leagues. I actually like the half dollar coins of both series better.

I really liked the side where George Washington is featured. Would have definitely picked it up if the silver coins had the same designs as the gold five dollars :wink:

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭✭✭

I might have purchased a silver dollar but the "RED CROSS" turned me off.
    It should have been a combat medic attending to the wounded.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Launch week...W/E 02/27/2022...

2022 NATIONAL PURPLE HEART GOLD PROOF 1,345 $681.25 $916,281.25
    2022 NATIONAL PURPLE HEART GOLD UNC 812 $671.25 $545,055.00
    2022 NATIONAL PURPLE HEART SILVER PROOF 19,644 $74.00 $1,453,656.00
    2022 NATIONAL PURPLE HEART SILVER UNC 6,170 $69.00 $425,730.00
    2022 NATIONAL PURPLE HEART CLAD PROOF 10,360 $35.00 $362,600.00
    2022 NATIONAL PURPLE HEART CLAD UNC 6,258 $33.00 $206,514.00
    2022 NATIONAL PURPLE HEART 3-COIN SET 2,447 $799.50 $1,956,376.50

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you think they stand at a calendar and throw a dart? Ofcourse it’s gunna be on the 24 th. I am beginning to not care ( yah)
    Over ase’s and new wave Morgan or Peace $. The mint shall not win😉

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

I'm in.

• Options
    edited March 4, 2022 6:41AM

$95 plus $4.95 shipping. A hundred bucks. For less than an ounce of silver. Nope. I do dumb things all the time but for me this is stupid.
    I’ll buy one next year while I’m attempting to ignore a different mint gimmick. And for less than a hunski 🙀🤨.859 oz. of silver. Yup that’s over a hundred an ounce.

• Options

The difference between the proof and colorized is the purple in the fields of the medal? That’s a lot of money for a dab of paint 🙀

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will not be buying any of these and I am a veteran.
    If say if some % of the sales went to the VA, I would be in.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    originalsandmanoriginalsandman Posts: 155 ✭✭✭

@WAYNEAS said:
    Wayne

"surcharges in the amount of $10 for each silver dollar sold are authorized to be paid to the National Purple Heart Honor Mission, Inc., to support its mission, including capital improvements to the National Purple Heart Hall of Honor facilities."

It's not to the VA, but at least some portion is going to help this organization.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

@originalsandman said:

@WAYNEAS said:
    Wayne

"surcharges in the amount of $10 for each silver dollar sold are authorized to be paid to the National Purple Heart Honor Mission, Inc., to support its mission, including capital improvements to the National Purple Heart Hall of Honor facilities."

It's not to the VA, but at least some portion is going to help this organization.

>

I still would like to see the money go to the support of veterans where it can really be used.
    >
    "The National Purple Heart Hall of Honor Society is not affiliated with any government organization.
    It is a park in NY that preserves recipient stories."

I am not taking anything from this organization.
    Remembrance is so important.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

I have to change a Dr appt to be "there" to order 1. Gonna try at least.

• Options
    edited March 5, 2022 5:26PM

Coin World.............

By Paul Gilkes , Coin World

Published: Mar 5, 2022, 10 AM

Many remain after first day of sales of Purple Heart coins

First-day sales of 2022 National Purple Heart Hall of Honor coins Feb. 24 resulted in less than half of the limited edition of three-coin Proof sets being sold.

The three-coin set product is limited to 5,000 sets.

This commemorative coin program is authorized to produce and release, in Proof and Uncirculated versions combined, 50,000 gold $5 coins, 400,000 silver dollars and 750,000 copper-nickel clad half dollars.

First-day sales by product option are reported as:
    ➤ Single Proof gold $5 coin, 1,205.
    ➤ Single Uncirculated gold $5 coin, 703.
    ➤ Single Proof silver dollar, 17,101.
    ➤ Single Uncirculated silver dollar, 6,427.
    ➤ Single Proof copper-nickel clad half dollar, 9,213.
    ➤ Single Uncirculated copper-nickel clad half dollar, 5,612.
    ➤ Three-coin Proof set, 2,195.

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/many-remain-after-first-day-of-sales-of-purple-heart-coins

• Options
    edited March 7, 2022 7:41AM
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:
    I checked the amount of 3 coin sets left using my browser page source....2723.

Not even 50% sold.

Can anyone else verify this number for me?

@zyskowski1

Can you tell me how this works again? I've tried in the past but just can't get it. Thank you.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

@cheezhed said:

@Goldbully said:
    I checked the amount of 3 coin sets left using my browser page source....2723.

Not even 50% sold.

Can anyone else verify this number for me?

@zyskowski1

Can you tell me how this works again? I've tried in the past but just can't get it. Thank you.

Go to the Mint product page you are looking to get amount remaining.

Right click on the page and pick 'view page source' from drop down menu.

Once there, click on 'Find' and enter 'availablecount' in the box.

Let me know if it works for you.

On the 3 coin proof set I came up with 2176 sets left.

• Options

This is all I can get on my iPhone ,last week

• Options
    edited March 7, 2022 8:16AM

2447+2176 pretty close to 5,000 limit
    Tuesday will be mints next post.
    Interesting 🧐 My math is looking dumb and the cat is laughing at me so I’m probably not correct 🙀😸

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Week Ending 03/06/2022...

2022 NATIONAL PURPLE HEART GOLD PROOF 1,554 +209
    2022 NATIONAL PURPLE HEART GOLD UNC 949 +137
    2022 NATIONAL PURPLE HEART SILVER PROOF 23,403 + 3,759
    2022 NATIONAL PURPLE HEART SILVER UNC 7,179 +1,009
    2022 NATIONAL PURPLE HEART CLAD PROOF 11,846 +1,486
    2022 NATIONAL PURPLE HEART CLAD UNC 7,309 +1,051
    2022 NATIONAL PURPLE HEART 3-COIN SET 2,840 +393

• Options

Just noticed these ship June 8th.
    The colorized also.
    This 3 month delay causes me “urinary distress “
    🙀

• Options

U.S. Mint product images of the 2022 National Purple Heart Hall of Honor Colorized Silver Dollar

https://www.coinnews.net/2022/03/07/purple-heart-colorized-silver-dollar-ordering-opens-march-24/

• Options
    edited March 8, 2022 7:06AM

Clam shell case and a purple box. It’s better than the whimpy cases from last year. Nice to see.
    Special editions should be, well, special. Glad they did something 😉

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    This is all I can get on my iPhone ,last week

The directions he gave you will not work on your iPhone.

The directions he gave are for a desktop/laptop computer.

BST references available on request

• Options
    HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭

I really like this design, but I suspect it may not have a strong following based on sales of the other purple heart offerings. We'll see tomorrow.

• Options

why is no one else talking about the colorized one coming out tomorrow?

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2022 12:40PM

[[why is no one else talking about the colorized one coming out tomorrow?]]

Are we REALY sure it's coming out tomorrow?

Or are they already gone...like other items?

Maybe there was a double secret probation enrollment for it that was written in ancient Greek and emailed out under a full moon on a Sunday?

• Options

All that being said...I'll be cursing at my three linked computers at 12:00:01 tomorrow!

• Options

@RichR said:
    [[why is no one else talking about the colorized one coming out tomorrow?]]

Are we REALY sure it's coming out tomorrow?

Or are they already gone...like other items?

Maybe there was a double secret probation enrollment for it that was written in ancient Greek and emailed out under a full moon on a Sunday?

Thanks for the reminder. B)
    Double secret probation ...
    Was it over, when the bots bombed the US mint site?
    Bots?
    Let him go, he's on a roll. :p

• Options

WASHINGTON – The United States Mint (Mint) is announcing that the order window will open on March 24 at noon (EDT) for the 2022 National Purple Heart Hall of Honor Colorized Silver Dollar. The order window will be in effect for 30 days, ending on April 25 at 3 p.m. (EDT) or until the limit is reached. Production is limited to 25,000 units, with orders limited to one per household for the first 24 hours of sales.

Struck in 99.9 percent silver, the 2022 National Purple Heart Hall of Honor Colorized Silver Dollar obverse (heads) features the Purple Heart medal with purple shading around the bust of George Washington. Inscriptions are “COMBAT WOUNDED & KILLED IN ACTION,” “LIBERTY,” “1932,” “2022,” and “IN GOD WE TRUST.” Five stars represent the branches of the military.

The coin’s reverse (tails) shows a nurse in a World War I helmet as she bandages a wounded service member on a stretcher. More than 23,000 women nurses served in the Army and Navy during the war. Inscriptions are “UNITED STATES of AMERICA,” “E PLURIBUS UNUM,” and “ONE DOLLAR.”

An image of the coin and its elegant purple packaging is available at: https://catalog.usmint.gov/national-purple-heart-hall-of-honor-2022-colorized-silver-dollar-22CQ.html. The Mint’s Certificate of Authenticity is included with each coin.

The National Purple Heart Hall of Honor Colorized Silver Dollar (product code 22CQ) is priced at $95. Orders will be accepted at https://catalog.usmint.gov/national-purple-heart-hall-of-honor-2022-colorized-silver-dollar-22CQ.html. Information about shipping options is available at https://catalog.usmint.gov/customer-service/shipping.html.

Authorized by Public Law 116-247, the 2022 National Purple Heart Hall of Honor Commemorative Coin Program honors the National Purple Heart Hall of Honor, an institution that commemorates U.S. service members who have been wounded or killed by enemy action. Surcharges in the amount of $10 for each silver dollar sold are authorized to be paid to the National Purple Heart Honor Mission, Inc., to support its mission, including capital improvements to the National Purple Heart Hall of Honor facilities.

About the United States Mint
    Congress created the United States Mint in 1792, and the Mint became part of the Department of the Treasury in 1873. As the Nation’s sole manufacturer of legal tender coinage, the Mint is responsible for producing circulating coinage for the Nation to conduct its trade and commerce. The Mint also produces numismatic products, including proof, uncirculated, and commemorative coins; Congressional Gold Medals; silver and bronze medals; and silver and gold bullion coins. Its numismatic programs are self-sustaining and operate at no cost to taxpayers.

Note: To ensure that all members of the public have fair and equal access to United States Mint products, the United States Mint will not accept and will not honor orders placed prior to the official on-sale date of March 24, 2022, at noon EDT.

https://www.usmint.gov/news/press-releases/united-states-mint-opens-order-window-for-the-2022-national-purple-heart-hall-of-honor-colorized-silver-dollar-on-march-24

• Options

RichR. You didn’t get the message? Me either. Guess we’ll meet on the field of battle tomorrow at noon. I’ll. look for someone flogging three PC’s(you) and I’ll be threatening my iPhone 7 with a hammer 🔨and swearing that would make my pop and grandpa (Navy) proud 🥲
    Good luck.

• Options
    edited March 23, 2022 1:32PM

[[RichR. You didn’t get the message? Me either. Guess we’ll meet on the field of battle tomorrow at noon. I’ll. look for someone flogging three PC’s(you) and I’ll be threatening my iPhone 7 with a hammer 🔨and swearing that would make my pop and grandpa (Navy) proud 🥲]]

I already told my wife...OK...I'll be on the first laptop being me...and I'll also be on the second laptop....as your mother!

You'll be on the second laptop being you! Got that?!?

Our iPhones will be held in hot reserve until the battlefield situation becomes clear!

• Options
    edited March 23, 2022 1:31PM

Hold on...let me edit that press releases...

WASHINGTON – The United States Mint (Mint) is announcing that the order window will open on March 24 at noon (EDT) for the 2022 National Purple Heart Hall of Honor Colorized Silver Dollar. The order window will be in effect for 0.0000000000000000001 seconds.

HA HA HA HA HA HA SUCKERS!

• Options

So June 8th shipping for Purple Heart products. That was nice.
    The colorized do not ship until,ready, July 14,2022
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🙏😂😂😂😂
    Help me.

• Options

This is going to be a battle at noon....just a gut feeling the night before.....sleep well, comrades.

• Options

I like the purple coloring of the cardboard sleeve.

Shipping of the commemoratives is scheduled to begin on June 8, 2022. The colorized coin will arrive in a U.S. Mint clamshell case with a purple cardboard sleeve and a certificate of authenticity.

https://www.coinnews.net/2022/03/24/u-s-mint-2022-purple-heart-colorized-silver-dollar-pre-ordering-begins/

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    originalsandmanoriginalsandman Posts: 155 ✭✭✭

Good luck everyone!!!

• Options

@Goldbully said:
    This is going to be a battle at noon....just a gut feeling the night before.....sleep well, comrades.

I dunno. I thought I saw more than a few ppl here saying they werent all that into the commems this year.
    ... Just my wishful thinking. ;)

• Options
    edited March 24, 2022 7:41AM

OK men...GIRD YOUR LOINS!!!

As my wife pulls on her chainmail!

• Options

The purple cardboard is magnificent and coin in a clamshell. The Baseball privy has a rather nice cardboard and a clamshell.
    Reinforcements are on the way 🙀🦫

• Options

A notification half hour before release? I can’t believe it. Good job!
    They never come early. I’ll take it as a sign. Stop 🛑 or go remains to be seen 😂

• Options

Ready 🙀

• Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

Done. Easy.

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too easy. In and out in less than 15 seconds. USM127130xx

Leave a Comment