Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

**The Official Nat'l Purple Heart Hall of Honor 2022 Comm. Thread**2nd round Colorized in hand!

Comments

• Options
    heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 576 ✭✭✭✭

I received my colorized last week and a notice that the “regular” dollar has been shipped.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 23, 2022 5:10PM

@heavymetal said:
    I received my colorized last week and a notice that the “regular” dollar has been shipped.

Was that from the original day of orders with HHL = 1?

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 23, 2022 6:20PM

I really thought I would be upset and regretting having canceled my order.
    I’m not!! I feel impowered and somehow free from the “got to have it” impulsive for Mint junk. $100 for an ounce of silver? What was I thinking. 5 oz apmex silver bars are only $25-30 more. 🤨🙀🦫

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

Wed - Aug 24, 2022
    Credit Card = Nothing
    US Mint Site = Processing

BST references available on request

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:
    Wed - Aug 24, 2022
    Credit Card = Nothing
    US Mint Site = Processing

You might want to call the mint because that’s what I kept seeing and I was told the order was on hold because of billing problems. 😉🙀🦫

• Options

What Is going on Dang it. The font changes when I comment on a quote. The whole message is there but you have to scroll through 🤨

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

My order has been “processing” for quite some time. I decided to call the mint. I was told there are no problems with my order and it will be fulfilled when they have inventory. I explained that the letter I received about a month ago stated shipping will resume on August 22nd and that obviously didn’t take place.
    The representative apologized and said, “the other Purple Heart coins will be shipped in October so maybe that’s when these will ship but that was a guess.”
    A guess? No inventory? But my order is still good. Wonderful….

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

@CoinMeister said:
    My order has been “processing” for quite some time. I decided to call the mint. I was told there are no problems with my order and it will be fulfilled when they have inventory. I explained that the letter I received about a month ago stated shipping will resume on August 22nd and that obviously didn’t take place.
    The representative apologized and said, “the other Purple Heart coins will be shipped in October so maybe that’s when these will ship but that was a guess.”

I am sick of hearing about supply chain problems. It's an excuse used by companies for when they take their sweet time getting what you ordered to you. I ordered something from a company last April and am still waiting for it. When I contacted them about my order, they used the supply chain excuse. It's getting really old.

• Options
    edited August 24, 2022 10:46AM

@CoinMeister said:

Maybe this will make you feel better...
    More appreciation from the Mint for being a loyal customer while they make your customer satisfaction a top priority!

'

Better??

• Options
    stawickstawick Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    What Is going on Dang it. The font changes when I comment on a quote. The whole message is there but you have to scroll through 🤨

FYI - Thats been happening a lot. Surprised you just noticed it. (Just passing it on, I've noticed it for some time in some of your posts - might be the device used?)

• Options

Thanks. I’m using an antique iPhone 7 and the worst Wi-Fi. I’m going to drop by the computer store in town and get some help. 😉🙀🦫

• Options

@HoneyMarket nope! They say a lot in that letter. The Director used the word “significantly” four times! The only thing more significant is the wait time from ordering coins to receiving them. (At least in my case).

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

My colorized Purple Heart Coin just shipped. I can't believe it.

• Options

@OLC Very nice. Glad to hear things are moving. Maybe I’ll see movement on mine soon?

• Options
    stawickstawick Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

@CoinMeister said:

Maybe this will make you feel better...
    More appreciation from the Mint for being a loyal customer while they make your customer satisfaction a top priority!

'

Better??

I just got that letter ... and also got about 4 email notices over the last week or 2 reminding me of the Morgan / Peace enrollments ... and I'm already enrolled.

• Options
    erscoloerscolo Posts: 574 ✭✭✭✭✭

August 22 has come and gone, and my orders remain "processing" where they have been since Spring. The next status will be "Cancelled." At least I did not get a letter from the mint.

• Options

@stawick said:
    ... and also got about 4 email notices over the last week or 2 reminding me of the Morgan / Peace enrollments ... and I'm already enrolled.

Yep, me too...I keep getting e-mail reminders about the enrollments.

and every time, I keep thinking there is a new coin to enroll in and have been excitedly tricked a few times ...only to be let down knowing that I'm already enrolled.

To make up for it, I believe the Mint should allow me/us to opportunity to double our household limit of the coins we are already enrolled in, every time they send out another e-mail reminder for something we're already enrolled in.

What's that saying, left hand not talking to the right hand, or was it the right hand not talking to the left hand???

Typical Guvment operation...

• Options

Finally, just got a USPS priority mail tracking number for my 5 colorized silver $1's.

• Options

Just received this email from US MINT:

😡😡😡🤬🤬

National Purple Heart Hall of Honor 2022 Colorized Silver Dollar
    PRODUCT UPDATE: CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER
    Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately, we are not able to fulfill it at this time. Please call our Customer Service Center at your earliest convenience at 1-800-872-6468

*so I called. The representative said, “we are just letting you know it’s not available. But when it does become available, we will let you know.”
    I said, “to clarify, you aren’t canceling my order. You are just out of inventory, correct? My order is still good?”
    Mint Representative, “yes sir, your order is still good.”

Today I received the infamous letter of how they are “significantly” improving things. How ironic! 🤬

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got the same email but keep getting hung up on by the automated system

• Options

@jessewvu said:
    I got the same email but keep getting hung up on by the automated system

I’m sure the mint representatives hate when these emails go out. There is a surge of queries with upset customers. That said, I only did what the email requested.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 25, 2022 9:24AM

Here is what I did because order status path didn’t work.

Called the 1-800 number, pushed 1 to place an order, pushed 1 to order whatever they said. Asked the guy about my order and he said that the pre-authorization timed out. I entered my cc number in their system, he said it was good, and I now see a pending authorization on my cc.

Good luck!

• Options

@jessewvu said:
    Here is what I did because order status path didn’t work.

Called the 1-800 number, pushed 1 to place an order, pushed 1 to order whatever they said. Asked the guy about my order and he said that the pre-authorization timed out. I entered my cc number in their system, he said it was good, and I now see a pending authorization on my cc.

Good luck!

I spoke to another representative just to make sure nothing timed out. The representative said, “your order is on a release date hold. Nothing else is wrong with the order. They are being shipped throughout this month as inventory becomes available.”
    ….and so I wait (still)

• Options

I got a shipped notice today for one colorized dollar. Yippee!

• Options

I’m still so dang happy I canceled. Bought 5 oz of apmex for Cheap 😉🙀🦫. Yep, from Walmart 😁

• Options
    edited August 25, 2022 4:54PM

After this extremely long wait, these coins should all be 70's......just sayin'!!

edited to add: This Mint product went on sale March 24, 2022......it's going on Fall U.S. Mint!!!

• Options
    edited August 26, 2022 3:00AM

August 25. March 24. Last year, with the Morgan’s and peace dollar, they attempted to let us know that 5-6 months out was estimated delivery. They did ok.
    This is elementary school excuses 😉🙀🦫

• Options

Got these yesterday...........

• Options
    edited August 30, 2022 4:38PM

@Goldbully said:
    Got these yesterday...........

What is your plans (if you don't mind my asking) with them?
    Are you getting them all graded? Do they all look like they'll get awarded a 70?

The one I'm waiting on, will be here Thur/Fri.

• Options
    erscoloerscolo Posts: 574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2022 5:05PM

August 30, 2022 is a monumental day, the Hall of Honor Purple Heart Uncirculated and Proof Half Dollars, and the Uncirculated and Colored Silver Dollars all arrived today. The Proof Silver Dollar had arrived on August 5, 2022. For the first time in more than six months I have no orders processing with the US Mint. I would say their interior packaging needs work, though the packaging is undamaged. The purple on the Silver Dollar is tastefully done and looks very nice. I do not believe I have ever received three packages from the US Mint in one day.

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had to call in and charge to my CC because my Paypal authorization had expired. Should be on its way now. I had planned on keeping these raw but I have one sealed that is FS eligible, wonder if it would be worth grading.

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got mine yesterday. Cool coin, will post pics later.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    I’m still so dang happy I canceled. Bought 5 oz of apmex for Cheap 😉🙀🦫. Yep, from Walmart 😁

I paid $112.50 per 5 oz APMEX bar offered from Walmart today.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/5-oz-Silver-Bar-APMEX/344710460?athbdg=L1100

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

@OPA said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

I have taken several minor floggings for buying from Walmart
    Caveat Emptor. Their cheaper than same thing on eBay. Sometimes not.
    Congratulations buddy. The price moves with market but does remain steady over the weekend. 😉🦫🙀

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@OPA said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

Congratulations buddy. The price moves with market but does remain steady over the weekend. 😉🦫🙀

I'm not concerned re purchase, since it's an APMEX product & mailed from APMEX. I should have waited another day...price is down to $110.30

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

@Batman23 said:
    I had to call in and charge to my CC because my Paypal authorization had expired. Should be on its way now. I had planned on keeping these raw but I have one sealed that is FS eligible, wonder if it would be worth grading.

I'm glad I saw this post. I called the mint and they said the PayPal authorization was defunct.

• Options

@spotthedog said:

@Batman23 said:

I'm glad I saw this post. I called the mint and they said the PayPal authorization was defunct.

I called twice in two days asking about my payment method. I was told there is an “inventory issue”. That’s why the order is on hold not a payment method issue.
    Moments ago I received this email:

Act Now to Avoid Order Cancellation

Dear Valued Customer,
    Thank you for your pre-order. Unfortunately, we are not able to fulfill it at this time due to an issue with the credit card on file. Please call our Customer Service Center (1-800-872-6468) at your earliest convenience in order to provide an updated method of payment.

Ok. So I called. “Yes sir. Your payment pre-authorization that was made in March is no longer valid. Would you like to reissue a new method?”

I gave them my credit card and they “released the hold”. Maybe I will actually get the coin soon?!

• Options
    dpshtdpsht Posts: 14 ✭✭

@CoinMeister said:

@spotthedog said:

@Batman23 said:

I called twice in two days asking about my payment method. I was told there is an “inventory issue”. That’s why the order is on hold not a payment method issue.
    Moments ago I received this email:

Act Now to Avoid Order Cancellation

Dear Valued Customer,
    Thank you for your pre-order. Unfortunately, we are not able to fulfill it at this time due to an issue with the credit card on file. Please call our Customer Service Center (1-800-872-6468) at your earliest convenience in order to provide an updated method of payment.

Ok. So I called. “Yes sir. Your payment pre-authorization that was made in March is no longer valid. Would you like to reissue a new method?”

I gave them my credit card and they “released the hold”. Maybe I will actually get the coin soon?!

Same thing happened to me also I got an email last week telling me to call they said my order was OK since it was paypal
    got the email today and had to re-authorize using my Credit card

• Options

@OPA said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@OPA said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

I'm not concerned re purchase, since it's an APMEX product & mailed from APMEX. I should have waited another day...price is down to $110.30

$111.55 all weekend, so far. Grabbed another this early morning 😉🦫🙀

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 9, 2022 7:22AM

Here is mine. I like it. Plus, it is already CAC approved! :D

• Options
    edited September 9, 2022 8:27AM

Latest POP report on the colorized silver $1.

The First Strike population appears fairly low, and understandably so.

• Options
    Coin crewCoin crew Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited September 13, 2022 8:28AM

Received tracking #, cc charge 8/24 -but it never moved...🤦‍♂️

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just received a PCGS PR70DCAM gold purple Heart $5 proof and I can say it looks fantastic and I have seen a lot of gold commemoratives. My photo would not do it justice, but it just sparkles in light, and the deep cameo vs shiny vs matte-like parts seem to balance together very well.

The obverse design works well as what look like 3 different finishes in the medal from matte/frosty varieties around the perimeter of the heart medal that highlight the center heart with George in proof.

• Options

@Goldminers said:
    I just received a PCGS PR70DCAM gold purple Heart $5 proof and I can say it looks fantastic and I have seen a lot of gold commemoratives. My photo would not do it justice, but it just sparkles in light, and the deep cameo vs shiny vs matte-like parts seem to balance together very well.

The obverse design works well as what look like 3 different finishes in the medal from matte/frosty varieties around the perimeter of the heart medal that highlight the center heart with George in proof.

Is there a TrueView of this coin?

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

My quick photo. No true view, but I should get one.

• Options

@Goldminers said:
    My quick photo. No true view, but I should get one.

Very nice coin and photo.

I just checked the PCGS Website and CoinFacts, and there are no examples of this coin that I could find.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file