Homeβ€Ί U.S. Coin Forum
Options

**The Official Nat'l Purple Heart Hall of Honor 2022 Comm. Thread**2nd round Colorized in hand!

Comments

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

You or us. Where oh where is our little Purple Heart coins? Oh where oh where can they be? πŸ˜‰πŸ™€πŸ¦«

🎢 shout shout, let it all out 🎢

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

All my Purple Heart orders - including colorized - will be arriving in today's mail.

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

@JeffM said:
    All my Purple Heart orders - including colorized - will be arriving in today's mail.

Only one of my orders will be arriving today.

The other, has been "shipped" according to the Mint...but as history has shown AND the tracking number - only a shipping label was printed and is sitting in some inbox somewhere...to be attached to a box in the next day or two (weeks)!

I was able to find this picture of a Mint Employee attaching shipping labels to our boxes...I think I see one of my boxes over in the corner - he'll get to it soon enough!! /s

BST references available on request

• Options
    edited July 25, 2022 10:06AM

@HoneyMarket said:

@JeffM said:

Only one of my orders will be arriving today.

The other, has been "shipped" according to the Mint...but as history has shown AND the tracking number - only a shipping label was printed and is sitting in some inbox somewhere...to be attached to a box in the next day or two (weeks)!

I was able to find this picture of a Mint Employee attaching shipping labels to our boxes...I think I see one of my boxes over in the corner - he'll get to it soon enough!! /s

If you look really hard, buried under the boxes, you can see the kid whose job is to colorize the purple hearts. His parents are filing a grievance for inhumane working conditions.

• Options

Has anyone here...not been able to get one of the colorized ones?

I do not recall reading of anyone on these boards, who wanted a colorized coin, not being able to obtain one???

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 25, 2022 12:10PM

This morning, I received delivery confirmation for 2 color Purple Hearts via USPS tracking...but only one box at my door!

So I immediately went racing after the mailman who said he "only delivers" what's in his cart. So I said, that's fine, but you scanned two boxes...so where is the second box?

Then he immediately got defensive and said I was accusing him of stealing a package! I said...no...I haven't accused you of anything. But all I know is that if a package is scanned as delivered, the USPS will not honor the insurance (if any) and the Mint will not replace the coin as lost in shipment (I know; I've had this exact same thing happen twice already this year)! Once that box is scanned as delivered, you're up a creek!

So...half an hour later...and a postal supervisor called to the scene... after backtracking his route through my building, the box was found THREE FLOORS AWAY outside the wrong door.

Now my wife feels bad that "I made a scene" with the (temporary replacement) mailman in the lobby.

I said, "Sorry...I'm already out $750 in lost or misdelivered coins this year"...and I'm tired of being told that "If the system says it was delivered, that's it"!

I'm done venting...so I'll be quiet now.

• Options

@RichR said:
    This morning, I received delivery confirmation for 2 color Purple Hearts via USPS tracking...but only one box at my door!

So I immediately went racing after the mailman who said he "only delivers" what's in his cart. So I said, that's fine, but you scanned two boxes...so where is the second box?

Then he immediately got defensive and said I was accusing him of stealing a package! I said...no...I haven't accused you of anything. But all I know is that if a package is scanned as delivered, the USPS will not honor the insurance (if any) and the Mint will not replace the coin as lost in shipment (I know; I've had this exact same thing happen twice already this year)! Once that box is scanned as delivered, you're up a creek!

So...half an hour later...and a postal supervisor called to the scene... after backtracking his route through my building, the box was found THREE FLOORS AWAY outside the wrong door.

Now my wife feels bad that "I made a scene" with the (temporary replacement) mailman in the lobby.

I said, "Sorry...I'm already out $750 in lost or misdelivered coins this year"...and I'm tired of being told that "If the system says it was delivered, that's it"!

I'm done venting...so I'll be quiet now.

How does a mail carrier deliver one box correctly and the second box - which I assume is addressed the same way - delivered to someone else? Does this carrier need a course in how to read or is it laziness.......or something else? I have certainly had my problems with the mail, too.

• Options

@RichR said:

Was the mailman ever alone and out of your sight between when you confronted him and calling a postal supervisor?
    If he was out of your sight, and if I was a betting man, I'd say he somehow "mistakenly" delivered the box to another address to cover his original deceitful intentions and then "magically" found it later - Ooops, my bad!

• Options
    stawickstawick Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭

You guys are making me itch for mine, including the colorized. I pre-ordered as soon as it was available, but also added an order for a couple more proof halves later on. I wonder if that is delaying it?

• Options

@RichR said:
    But all I know is that if a package is scanned as delivered, the USPS will not honor the insurance (if any) and the Mint will not replace the coin as lost in shipment (I know; I've had this exact same thing happen twice already this year)! Once that box is scanned as delivered, you're up a creek!

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 25, 2022 12:40PM

[Was the mailman ever alone and out of your sight between when you confronted him and calling a postal supervisor?]

Actually no...when the supervisor came...we all went through the building together. It was the supervisor who went into the system and saw that the 2 packages were scanned a couple of minutes apart rather than exactly simultaneously.

The mailman is literally young enough to be my son (or my grandson)...and I have a deep resonating voice...and I have no patience for BS or illogic "He also said maybe a mail truck delivered it wrong"...so I went off because that was just not possible.

But anyhow, my wife said she thinks that I scared the crap out of him!

• Options

@stawick said:
    You guys are making me itch for mine, including the colorized. I pre-ordered as soon as it was available, but also added an order for a couple more proof halves later on. I wonder if that is delaying it?

All mine came today, and I do really like the clad half dollar. Nice coin. The colorized dollar came with something extra. The kid who colored it signed the COA (in crayon) and even included a piece of his purple crayon!

• Options

@JeffM said:

@stawick said:

All mine came today, and I do really like the clad half dollar. Nice coin. The colorized dollar came with something extra. The kid who colored it signed the COA (in crayon) and even included a piece of his purple crayon!

Telly sez ... Its bonus time baybee!! B):D

• Options

Nothing. Take our money ( even $4.95 shipping, which we are way into free shipping) 14 days ago.
    Several words come to mind. πŸ€¨πŸ™€πŸ¦«

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭✭

For those considering PCGS grading with First Strike label.

https://www.pcgs.com/firststrike

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

Hoping I get mine by the cut off date. I'm beginning to wonder.

• Options

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if the Mint is possibly waiting for some returns to come back...to then send out to those still waiting!!

The only way to possibly prove this out, would be to hear what grades the later received coins are receiving vs. the first submitted ones. I don't think there is a way to ID that other than random posts here.

Ok, tinfoil hat off...

• Options

Got notice my main 3 coin order "shipped". So I got that going for me, ... which is nice. B)
    Colorized and extra halves still in the wings ... as far as I know.

• Options
    edited July 27, 2022 7:55AM

@stawick said:
    ...So I got that going for me, ... which is nice. B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X48G7Y0VWW4

Gunga galunga … gunga, gunga lagunga.

• Options

There’s no need to go that far but…

β€œ hey I told you not to order those β€œ

Dang conspiracy cat.

Although he’s got a point and so do you.

Dang it πŸ€¨πŸ™€πŸ¦«

• Options
    Russell12Russell12 Posts: 203 ✭✭✭✭

Got an email from the mint saying my colorized coin will ship Aug 20. As i am moving next week, I hope is will get rerouted correctly.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess the next hot item will be colorized ASE.

• Options

@JimTyler said:
    I guess the next hot item will be colorized ASE.

I wonder if they will ever have ASEs in bigger sizes, such as 2 oz. and 5 oz.

• Options
    edited July 27, 2022 9:17AM

@Russell12 said:
    Got an email from the mint saying my colorized coin will ship Aug 20. As i am moving next week, I hope is will get rerouted correctly.

Aug 20th!!!!

WOW!!

I guess I'm not a conspiracy theorist!

Time to put the tinfoil hat back on!

• Options
    edited July 27, 2022 11:34AM

Why those dirty no good What the heck??? How does this happen?? 🀐🀐🀐
    I’m gunna pay em a little visit.
    Dang it. πŸ€¨πŸ™€πŸ¦«

We got kicked a couple extra days down the road. The 22 nd🀐🀐🀨

• Options

@Russell12 said:

You best get on the phone pronto with the mint. There’s many many threads on this exact night mare. Do not wait for them to act or the shipping companies to help you. Be proactive.
    Jzyskowski and the boys πŸ˜‰πŸ™€πŸ¦«

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Russell12 said:

You best get on the phone pronto with the mint. There’s many many threads on this exact night mare. Do not wait for them to act or the shipping companies to help you. Be proactive.
    Jzyskowski and the boys πŸ˜‰πŸ™€πŸ¦«

You should cut the Mint some slack. The young kid who has been working very hard to color the coins with his purple crayon is out taking a summer vacation with his family. He needs to do this before he goes back to school. And once that happens, if you do not get the coins by then, you'll have to wait for Christmas vacation in December. This kid works very hard and they only pay him a few dollars a day plus a one-scoop ice cream cone.

• Options

What is the Mint's return policy?? How long until a delivered coin has to be back to the Mint if it is not wanted (I.e. not going to grade at 70) by the original recipient??

Makes me think even more, that those getting coins later (in late Aug) will be getting the early returns of the coins not wanted (i.e. won't grade @ 70).

• Options
    edited July 27, 2022 1:04PM

@Russell12 said:

I just got the 8/22 email. Not sure which (all?) orders were delayed?? gah :#

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received my August 22 notice, of course they "expect" to get a roundtuit. All I can do is wait patiently. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon

• Options

The e-mail - they make it sound so professional and "normal".

I'm surprised they didn't just blame it on "Global Supply Chain Issues" (ex. Purple Crayons) like everyone else.

Looks like the value of those unopened boxes should be going up, up, up...

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:

The e-mail - they make it sound so professional and "normal".

I'm surprised they didn't just blame it on "Global Supply Chain Issues" (ex. Purple Crayons) like everyone else.

Looks like the value of those unopened boxes should be going up, up, up...

Looks like those with coin in hand and sent to PCGS for grading w/First Strike label could have a profitable outcome.

Flippers will not be happy here.

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

Maybe the flippers are the ones that are getting them. They may be really Happy

• Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

I just received the info email saying to expect my colorized purple heart dollar around August 22.

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,720 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine left Memphis yesterday. Should have it by Friday or Saturday.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    edited July 28, 2022 9:40AM

@Goldbully said:

Looks like those with coin in hand and sent to PCGS for grading w/First Strike label could have a profitable outcome.

I'm not exactly following?

The "those" in your first sentence - with coin and hand & sending in for First Strike, as you say could have a profitable outcome (I agree).

But in your next sentence, you state Flippers will not be happy?

Are not "those" in the first sentence, those who could have a profitable outcome, not flippers in a sense??

Or did you mean, the flippers who don't get their coins until late August and thus will not get First Strike designation.

I read that there are flippers in both sentences. Some happy (and profitable) and others not as happy...but still able to turn a smaller profit.

• Options

@stawick said:

@Russell12 said:

I just got the 8/22 email. Not sure which (all?) orders were delayed?? gah :#

Inspecting my orders, my 3 coins ordered in Feb are due Sat.
    My colorized $ (March) and extra halves (June) are still Processing.

• Options
    edited July 28, 2022 9:56AM

....concerning First Strike designation from PCGS.

So, whenever PCGS came up with the "First Strike Designation" - they had to pick a timeframe (makes perfect sense) and they chose 30 days from the 1st date of shipment in order to get the designation.

It seems lately, that the Mint has been having delayed shipping issues in shipping out coins on time, to those who obviously bought their coins at release. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why some get their coins shipped quickly and then others get their coins a month, or two, later than those coins that first started shipping. Shipping coins from the mint does not appear to be based upon when someone ordered their coin (I.e. within the 1st min of the sale vs. the 3rd day of a sale), order number, etc...

So, I wonder, should PCGS not re-look at this "First Strike Designation" 30-day time line and extend it to 60-90 days? The 30 day timeline, it appears, is out of the control of the coin buyer/PCGS submitter?? It seems there have been shipping delay issues over the past year, where buyers (who both purchase their coins on the same day) have no control over when the Mint decides to finally ship out all orders that were made on the 1st day.

• Options
    edited July 28, 2022 10:50AM

HoneyMarket
    I ordered mine with in the first nano second.
    I have a hundred different words to describe how I feel about this situation but can’t use any of them.
    🀨.
    πŸ˜‰πŸ¦«πŸ™€

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:

@Goldbully said:

I'm not exactly following?

The "those" in your first sentence - with coin and hand & sending in for First Strike, as you say could have a profitable outcome (I agree).

But in your next sentence, you state Flippers will not be happy?

Are not "those" in the first sentence, those who could have a profitable outcome, not flippers in a sense??

Or did you mean, the flippers who don't get their coins until late August and thus will not get First Strike designation.

I read that there are flippers in both sentences. Some happy (and profitable) and others not as happy...but still able to turn a smaller profit.

Flippers usually buy in quantity, because most folks got ONE on day one. Day two HHL off, flippers buy quantities and now have no First Strike label. I have one in hand and four more from day 2. Was going to send in all five for FS label. Perhaps I’m a flipper here.

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    I have a hundred different words to describe how I feel about this situation but can’t use any of them.
    🀨.
    πŸ˜‰πŸ¦«πŸ™€

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuALWGBW-DA

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Batman23 said:
    I have two still in Processing. One was a low number early order from day one. The second was an order on day 2 when the HHL was lifted. It seems that I am always the last one to get shipping from the mint...

@Goldbully I don't know why your laughing. I am quite serious with my observation. And just to help prove this my order number that was accepted within the first handful of seconds from availability is USM127127xx. I just got an email telling me they might ship on August 22. Anyone here with a higher order number that already has them in hand?

• Options
    edited July 29, 2022 2:45AM

Well mine is 127223xx. First few seconds of the first day. We got the email. August 22 delivery πŸ€¨πŸ™€πŸ¦«. Nothing funny here and no dang coin Just the mint holding on to my hundred bucks

• Options

USM127130xx - Order Received
    USM127385xx - Order NOT Received (expected ship - ~Aug 22nd

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got mine on the 21st.

Order # was 127127XX

Good luck to those still waiting.

• Options

127196xx colorized $ - got the shipment notice email just now. B)

• Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Enrollment - received the Aug 22nd email this week. Just now received shipment notice. Quick shipment date change may be due to cancellations after that Aug 22nd notification.

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some good news. I had ordered two of these. The US Mint sent me three different emails so I figured both of my coins would be shipped about August 22. I just got a shipping notification that my first one has shipped. So I am now at...

USM127127xx - Shipped
    USM127393xx - Processing with expected ship date of August 22.

• Options

@stawick said:
    127196xx colorized $ - got the shipment notice email just now. B)

3 coin order, ship status :
    Was supposed to be last Sat. ...

In Transit to Next Facility (Arriving Late)

Colorized $ (was supposed to be today) :

In Transit to Next Facility

And the extra halves I ordered got the "phantom" charge on my card. Still shows as Processing.

So they're gonna consolidate all 3 shipments into 1 delivery (USPS)???
    I mean, its not like they have multiple vehicles that can make separate deliveries almost daily or anything like that!! :p:D

Until then, I'll console myself looking at the very nice pix u guys loaded into this thread.

• Options
    GetbentGetbent Posts: 4 ✭

I got the August 22nd email also which i was not happy about as i purchased within seconds of sale opening so i emailed customer service and got a response of "we fill orders in the order they were received". So at that point i tore into them calling B. S. on them which got me a response saying " i am forwarding your concerns to my supervisor". This all happened June 28. The 29th i got a tracking number. And hit my door step Monday the 1st. Got through to someone i guess.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file