Home U.S. Coin Forum

**The Official Nat'l Purple Heart Hall of Honor 2022 Comm. Thread**2nd round Colorized in hand!

Comments

• HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

Username checks out

BST references available on request

• If your referring to my user name dont take offense.

'Get Bent Sheet Metal Fabrication' is one of the companies i own.

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome aboard. In a few days you’ll be able to post pictures. Please do.
    We are part of the lowly hoard who also ordered with in seconds and beyond the 12-13 th they charged my card and we’ll we’re still waiting and getting emails.
    Thanks for the post 😉🙀🦫

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

edited August 3, 2022 4:48AM

Username checks out> @Getbent said:

If your referring to my user name dont take offense.

No offense taken. Username Checks Out refers to when your username matches the context of your post.
    Your interaction with the Mint, at least to me, seems to have worked well to resolve the issue.
    In past reading here of interactions w/phone and chat CSR's, it seems to indicate, just as you experienced, their knowledge level passed on to customers does not match actual Mint operating procedure or policy.

BTW, love the name of your business - seems perfectly appropriate & BusinessName Checks Out! :)

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got a tracking number for my silver PH so patience is the word of the day. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken

• stawickstawick Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:
    Username checks out> @Getbent said:

If your referring to my user name dont take offense.

No offense taken. Username Checks Out refers to when your username matches the context of your post.
    Your interaction with the Mint, at least to me, seems to have worked well to resolve the issue.
    In past reading here of interactions w/phone and chat CSR's, it seems to indicate, just as you experienced, their knowledge level passed on to customers does not match actual Mint operating procedure or policy.

BTW, love the name of your business - seems perfectly appropriate & BusinessName Checks Out! :)

I was gonna say ... "so YOU'RE the squeaky wheel" to him. :D He used that approach. Hey, it worked.
    And I like the username ... got attitude. >:)

Well now. That’s how it’s done 🤨
    This afternoon I’ll give them a call and request they promptly send my dang coin!! We’ll see how it goes 😉🙀🦫

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Well now. That’s how it’s done 🤨
    This afternoon I’ll give them a call and request they promptly send my dang coin!! We’ll see how it goes 😉🙀🦫

edited August 4, 2022 8:36AM

Got my coins yesterday - the other extra halves are inbound yet.
    I think that pic of the "mail room" isnt too far off the mark - very sloppy pkging.
    2 coins were still in the capsules, but loose in the small mint box. The regular silver$ was loose and partially out of the capsule. Black fibers were all over the capsule and coin. :#:s I used cotton gloves to wipe 'em down gently.

I've been watching the discussion about milk spots. I'll have to go back and check my 80s / 90s ASEs that were graded over the last few years, as I never recalled that. However, the "T" in "CombaT" for my new open-capsule silver $ had some haze / milk spotting already. :#:s

• erscoloerscolo Posts: 574 ✭✭✭✭✭

The first of my Purple Heart Hall of Honor coins, the Silver Dollar, has finally shipped and is due here Saturday. The clad Half-Dollar and Dollar seem to be on perpetual back order which is also holding up my Proof Half-Dollar. The Colored Silver Dollar remains in processing. Will I see these soon after August 22? No, not likely for a very long time. It is also not encouraging to see the sloppy packaging. Most of my orders arrive in good order, and I am very very very careful in removing them from the packing box.

• I appreciate the "welcome's".
    I attached screenshots of the emails i had with the mint. Is it Squeaking? Or is it calling them out on their B.S.
    I just did it while using a little bit of my own. And maybe some of that Get Bent attitude that was mentioned.

*Excuse my grammar i was in a hurry when emailing them. "U" and "I" should not be next to each other on touch screen keyboards. Im always hitting the wrong one.

Yes, squeaky, and squeaking louder. Lets see if that helps tho, good luck (seriously).
    May I suggest switching to decaf. ;)
    Many ppl were online and ordering early - I was, and probably not getting their orders. I got the "Aug 22" email, but my orders came before then, 1 still on the way - soon. So yours may very well be enroute.

To me the hard truth is the Mint is totally divorced from TPGs and and any 1st Strike / FDOI designation or timing, so I dont think that part of your msg matters to them at all. (But then there is that "Advanced Release" thing ... hmmm, so maybe not "totally divorced". But you have to be in the special elite list.)

Dont know what they can really do for you, but we'll see how it turns out.

edited August 6, 2022 10:50AM

Get bent
    Could you please post a picture. Thanks 😉🙀🦫

• dpshtdpsht Posts: 14 ✭✭

Has anyone received a shipping notice for any of the colorized that were ordered after the first day?
    I missed the first day but was able to get several orders in after
    one was going to go to my Nephew on his birthday who was awarded A Purple heart in the Gulf War
    Christmas might be here first before these are

Only thing they have done is grab my money and stretch the truth about shipping. Same old same old. 😉🦫🙀

• JeffMJeffM Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Only thing they have done is grab my money and stretch the truth about shipping. Same old same old. 😉🦫🙀

I wonder if there is any system as to how they are sending these out? I ordered mine the minute it went on sale and got the coin over 2 weeks ago. This makes no sense (except for the Mint).

• @stawick said:
    Yes, squeaky, and squeaking louder. Lets see if that helps tho, good luck (seriously).
    Many ppl were online and ordering early - I was, and probably not getting their orders. I got the "Aug 22" email, but my orders came before then, 1 still on the way - soon. So yours may very well be enroute.

To me the hard truth is the Mint is totally divorced from TPGs and and any 1st Strike / FDOI designation or timing, so I dont think that part of your msg matters to them at all. (But then there is that "Advanced Release" thing ... hmmm, so maybe not "totally divorced". But you have to be in the special elite list.)

I already received it at the time of posting that. That was the point of the story. I received the email saying the 22nd on Thursday went back and forth with the mint on Friday. Got a tracking number Friday afternoon and it was in my P.O. box by 10 am monday morning. And living out in the sticks like do. Nothing ever gets here that fast. So I'd say it turned out pretty good.

May i suggest comprehending before commenting.

And here are some pictures

• CalifornianKingCalifornianKing Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭✭

I got the colorized one dollar one. Wdym by it will be a winner?

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalifornianKing said:

I would think a PCGS graded 70 First Strike® colorized Silver $1 would be a winner. The pool of candidates for First Strike® was limited due to the Mint's shipping problems. Time will tell. Cut off for First Strike® is tomorrow, August 15th.

So everyone bought the colorized coin within a day or two of most everyone...yet some get lucky and are able to pay extra to get First Strike tags.

So, one has to ask, Does First Strike really mean First Strike?? The US Mint has had months to produce these particular painted coins. After production, they then had to be shipped all the way up to a town just outside of Boston, Massachusetts to be be painted and then shipped back to Memphis for ultimate distribution to buyers. There ain't nothing "First Strike" about any of these particular painted coins when it comes down to it. Just random dates thrown around from a particular 30 day window on a calendar, MONTHS after they were originally struck!

edited August 15, 2022 4:21AM

@HoneyMarket said:

There ain't nothing "First Strike" about any of these particular painted coins when it comes down to it. Just random dates thrown around from a particular 30 day window on a calendar, MONTHS after they were originally struck!

Good observation.

Here are the Pops for the colorized to date.

edited August 15, 2022 7:22AM

@Getbent said:

@stawick said:

I already received it at the time of posting that. That was the point of the story. I received the email saying the 22nd on Thursday went back and forth with the mint on Friday. Got a tracking number Friday afternoon and it was in my P.O. box by 10 am monday morning. And living out in the sticks like do. Nothing ever gets here that fast. So I'd say it turned out pretty good.

May i suggest comprehending before commenting.

Yes, I did miss that post - slipped right past my eyes. Went back and saw it. I honestly thought you went at 'em again and thought - they gotta LOVE this guy.
    Good that it worked out. Nice pix.

The mint also seems to care more, way more, than I gave them credit for.

For all those that STILL have not rcvd their colorized Purple Heart coin...it's all good - the US Mint has sent out a letter of apology for all of their @%(*#^^ this year. They even wrote that they have "significantly...reduced the average number of days for order fulfillment.

I feel whole again!

/s

@Goldbully said:

@CalifornianKing said:

I would think a PCGS graded 70 First Strike® colorized Silver $1 would be a winner. The pool of candidates for First Strike® was limited due to the Mint's shipping problems. Time will tell. Cut off for First Strike® is tomorrow, August 15th.

Well too late now lol.

Tbh it was very under whelmed for $100. Was expecting something nice. What’s the market price of them rn?

@CalifornianKing said:
    Tbh it was very under whelmed for $100. Was expecting something nice. What’s the market price of them rn?

PCGS 69FS on eBay selling for around $300.

My Dad got his colorized coin Monday.
    He sent me a couple pix. His come out less blurry than mine if you can believe it (bad, old camera for me).
    I rely on TVs, real-world pix are pretty bad from me.

Some weird artifact going on in this pic? :/ -

@stawick said:
    He sent me a couple pix. His come out less blurry than mine if you can believe it (bad, old camera for me).

That second photo shows an obvious Mint defect. The coin does not even line up! Tell your dad to send it back and ask the Mint to send him one that's lined up!

@JeffM said:

@stawick said:

That second photo shows an obvious Mint defect. The coin does not even line up! Tell your dad to send it back and ask the Mint to send him one that's lined up!

That die crack is so bad, even the airtite capsule was affected. :D

You should see us with a microscope. :p:D

• OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

Does everyone here have their colorized coin? Not hearing much about people receiving

edited August 18, 2022 3:55PM

edited August 19, 2022 8:26AM

Anyone think the second round of colorized Silver dollars will be shipping next week? The Mint email letter said by August 22nd.............not holding my breath.

"We expect to ship your order by August 22nd."

Latest Pop Report.

Three 68's out of 124

edited August 19, 2022 9:26AM

@Goldbully said:

I'm pretty certain thats either the phone and / or transmission to me thats causing that morphing. He said he was having troubles sending the pix with his phone. Even the obverse pic looks like its "morphing", but not as bad.
    Butcha got me thinking so I'll ask him.

• Confirmed - its just the pix (as I initially thought).
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stawick said:

@JeffM said:

@stawick said:

that is a picture processing problem coming from the phone or photo editing software.

it does not look like that in hand

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

waiting

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

@MsMorrisine said:

@stawick said:

@JeffM said:

@stawick said:

that is a picture processing problem coming from the phone or photo editing software.

it does not look like that in hand

Thx. Thats what I thought, even mentioned it originally, and hence the joking around.
    Wasnt sure what Goldbully's update was about, other than exactly what you said, maybe. It just made me paranoid (queue Sabbath ... rawk!!! >:)B) ).

I still think you should send that photo to the Mint and ask them if they make their crap in China. Tell them that you demand a swift refund.

@OLC said:
    Does everyone here have their colorized coin? Not hearing much about people receiving

I rcvd one colorized one already (and sold it) but I am still awaiting one more (subject to the Aug 22nd e-mail) that I will probably keep.

Just checked and the other one is still processing.

@JeffM said:
    I still think you should send that photo to the Mint and ask them if they make their crap in China. Tell them that you demand a swift refund.

Tell them to get ben .... nah, thats the other guy.
    I'd like to keep receiving orders from them, thank you very little. :p:D

• CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

Still waiting.
    I’m not holding my breath in regard to the August 22nd date. My guess is that was a date the mint threw out to purchasers so they wouldn’t be inundated with queries about “where’s my coin I ordered in March?!”
    I still feel that way to a point. I suppose their email worked insofar as I’m not really asking ‘when’ I’m getting the coin but more so ‘why’ they did this to people? They had months to get this right and in those months only a small population was sent over a month ago.
    So again, still waiting.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."

Well it's August 22nd everyone.

Three more 70's added to Pops since last check.

Indeed it is!!
    Nothing changed on my order. It’s kinda funny because the processing order is so old it’s on my 2nd page of orders. Page one filled up. 😉🙀🦫

Is anyone else, NOT getting notifications from this website about updates to bookmarked posts?

My notifications seemed to have stopped working a week ago??

The mint just said blah blah blah.
    I’m done. Canceled the order and will spend the $100 on something else. The longer they screwed this up the less I wanted one.
    If I need one I’ll get it next year on eBay. 😉🙀🦫

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    I’m done. Canceled the order and will spend the $100 on something else.

You never know what you will or won’t get. 😀

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    I’m done. Canceled the order and will spend the $100 on something else.

You never know what you will or won’t get. 😀

I guess I can’t blame you. I figured August 22nd was a farce. There really is no good excuse for this. What do they call it in business when you promise something to customers and don’t deliver? (Sarcasm!)

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."

@HoneyMarket said:
    Is anyone else, NOT getting notifications from this website about updates to bookmarked posts?

My notifications seemed to have stopped working a week ago??

...and just like that, notifications are now working again??
    If only the Mint was as reliable!

o:)

101 of the three coin sets remain.

Just checked my credit card online, Aug 23, 2022 US MINT COIN SALES-DR

The second wave of colorized PH Silver $1's appears to be on the way!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file