Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Flight cancelations and FUN

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dscoin said:
    Ok so I have an honest question. At MSP tomorrow, they are forecasting 1-3” of snow with 20 mph winds. Does this cancel flights? I honesty don’t know, I don’t fly much. I know there are 100s of other things going on that are canceling flights, I just don’t know how much snow is needed for that. I would think a Minnesota air post would be able to handle snow but again, I am ignorant. Any knowledge would help….
    Thank you

At MSP? Hell, no. That is mild winter weather. In Dallas the airport would be snarled for a week from those conditions.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

In the current window I see only a few total cancellations in/out of MCO

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:

@RYK said:

@Dscoin said:
    Ok so I have an honest question. At MSP tomorrow, they are forecasting 1-3” of snow with 20 mph winds. Does this cancel flights? I honesty don’t know, I don’t fly much. I know there are 100s of other things going on that are canceling flights, I just don’t know how much snow is needed for that. I would think a Minnesota air post would be able to handle snow but again, I am ignorant. Any knowledge would help….
    Thank you

At MSP? Hell, no. That is mild winter weather. In Dallas the airport would be snarled for a week from those conditions.

Robert, as a Dallasite, I’m deeply offended by your “snarled for a week” comment. I’d be surprised if such weather would snarl our airport for more than five days - OK, maybe six.

😉

That's a full "business week".

In MSP, 3 inches of snow and 20 mph winds is called "Summer".

• Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 904 ✭✭✭✭✭

My flight (from San Diego) wasn't canceled. But didn't chance it. Gave my table to two guys who are driving. I had too many reasons for not going but still really miss and slightly regret it. Hoping for a good show at Long Beach. To those who are going: good luck and stay safe.

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bolivarshagnasty said:
    You weenies still hashing the FUN show? I heard the pretzel kiosk at the back of the room has pulled out. Put that on your list. See you there @golden and @Yorkshireman !

So looking forward to meeting you.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

That stock guy crop dusts the forum

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2022 8:37PM

@bolivarshagnasty said:
    You weenies still hashing the FUN show? I heard the pretzel kiosk at the back of the room has pulled out. Put that on your list.

If there's no pretzel kiosk, where are dealers going to get mustard?? :o

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

@bolivarshagnasty said:
    You weenies still hashing the FUN show? I heard the pretzel kiosk at the back of the room has pulled out. Put that on your list.

Hot dog stand is still open.

• Options
    edited January 4, 2022 8:40PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@Zoins said:

@bolivarshagnasty said:

Hot dog stand is still open.

Whew! I thought the show was really in trouble for a moment!

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

Southwest and JetBlue fighting for 1 and 2 over cancellations in/out of MCO Today. Today.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    ByersByers Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2022 8:53PM

@Zoins

Please add the pretzel kiosk at the back of the room to the cancellation list.

mikebyers.com Dealer in Major Mint Errors, Die Trials & Patterns - Author of NLG Best World Coin Book World's Greatest Mint Errors - Publisher & Editor of minterrornews.com.
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2022 9:18PM

@Byers said:
    @Zoins

Please add the pretzel kiosk at the back of the room to the cancellation list.

Good point Mike! That's an important update and people need information to make informed decisions!

This discussion has been closed.