Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***The Official 2022 Negro Leagues Baseball Commemorative Coin Program Thread***…On sale Jan. 6th!

Comments

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Well it’s about time 🤨🙀🦫

Got my shipping notification for one privy also.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2022 1:33PM

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received my three piece Proof set and had to return it because the $5 gold was badly marked up on the reverse. Given the notices about back orders, I image I won’t be seeing any coins any time soon. I hope that I won’t be getting someone else’s reject.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:

I got the same one Chief

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    stawickstawick Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭

My order shipped today. B)

• Options
    SlipKidSlipKid Posts: 51 ✭✭✭

My Dad just received his order of 3 coin/medal sets. Only problem was the box had 3 clad proof sets instead. He was not a happy camper. He thinks the person who fulfilled the order switched them on purpose. I just told him the old quote, "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." (or incompetence)

• Options

the mint ships millions of orders. Bound to get one wrong every once in awhile.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SlipKid said:
    My Dad just received his order of 3 coin/medal sets. Only problem was the box had 3 clad proof sets instead. He was not a happy camper. He thinks the person who fulfilled the order switched them on purpose. I just told him the old quote, "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." (or incompetence)

there is a resolution process for this.

look on the mint website for the CNR form.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2022 8:27AM

Credit card charged for Privy Dollar. The Mint Wheel is turning. It's about time. :D

Then for some it becomes a 12 Step Program

Step 1 CC charged
    Step 2 Shipping method selected
    Step 3 Shipping label printed
    Step 4 Coins Packed
    Step 5 Package received by shipper
    Step 6 Package moves thru shipper system
    Step 7 Package received
    Step 8 Decision to open or sell sealed box
    Step 9 Post sale on Ebay
    Step 10 Sold
    Step 11 Ship to buyer
    Step 12 Rinse and repeat B)

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had all my privy orders recharged today.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2022 9:00AM

Well here’s what I’m getting now. ( My CC has been dinged) Have checked and rechecked it and I don’t know if there’s any “chocolates “in the box or if they are drinking again. This is several days now 🤨🙀🦫

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

You can call the 1-800 number, enter your order number and see if it says “your order should ship today” and then talk to a person. The person should be able to tell if a shipping label has been produced, and give you tracking #, a day or two before the automated systems catch up.

• Options

I’ve gathered enough info on the process lately I was going to start a separate thread. Things like asking if there is a “C9” hold on an order and if so, how to fix it.

I think that type of information would help a lot of folks ask the right questions, in mint rep terms, and get order status info faster and issues fixed sooner.

• Options

You would think that might work but they can’t provide an explanation yet. I’m planning on calling after errands are done.
    Just wondering if anyone else has a shipping notice that is currently moving through the system.
    This didn’t happen last year with the Morgan’s. Oh well 😉🙀🦫

• Options

received a box with no ship notice and the tracking number is not in the order system.

I supposed they will hunt me down in the future, and I'll then find out what's inside but I'd really like to know so I don't lose a box with first strike.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Well here’s what I’m getting now. ( My CC has been dinged) Have checked and rechecked it and I don’t know if there’s any “chocolates “in the box or if they are drinking again. This is several days now 🤨🙀🦫

If your cc was dinged today a shipping label should be printed in 24-48 hours

It seems like their new high speed system is going faster than the people who are using it :o

• Options

My CC was dinged Monday the 9th so hopefully they will get it straightened out soon. 😉🙀🦫

• Options

My Privy order shipping changed to UPS. expect shipping by tomorrow. Glad it is UPS which is 2-3 days delivery as opposed to the USPS which is 4-7. When it gets to USPS distribution site on Friday it sits until Monday for delivery.

"I will wait for delivery each day until 3, Oh UPS please bring my Privy coins to me."

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2022 12:50PM

One order shipped on Thursday, arrived Southern Maryland this afternoon, scheduled delivery Upper Marlboro , MD tomorrow, another order shipped Friday arrived nashville on Tuesday, expected delivery DC on Friday.

(l8-)>>

• Options

Kowski, Kowski, yours still processing.

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2022 12:40PM

correction, the one that departed Nashville, arrived Southern Maryland (destination) is now in IOWA! Still says delivery tomorrow.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    edited May 11, 2022 5:37PM

@edgar said:
    correction, the one that departed Nashville, arrived Southern Maryland (destination) is now in IOWA! Still says delivery tomorrow.

Must be USPS. I had a recent order from Staples that was on truck for delivery three days before delivery
    Also had one before that went back and forth between two states on either side of mine.
    I never had an issue with UPS which is my preferred shipper > @Scooby7272 said:

• Options

Well I called and got one of the good ones 😎 This lady unwound this mess , real quick like 😎

She fixed it, now I have tracking 😉🙀🦫

• Options

I am new here and I was hoping to post a pic of my 2022 with privy mark that I received from the mint today so someone could help me identify the mint error, but I am having difficulty posting the pics.

• Options
    edited May 11, 2022 5:36PM

got my shipping email. hope it gets to UPS tomorrow. :D

• Options

@Scooby7272 said:
    I am new here and I was hoping to post a pic of my 2022 with privy mark that I received from the mint today so someone could help me identify the mint error, but I am having difficulty posting the pics.

Welcome to the Forum

• Options

It's Alive, It's Alive. UPS now shows on the way with estimated delivery Friday.

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:
    Looks like a 70 to me.

That's a NICE looking coin - even the COA is vibrant and beautifully designed for the subject.

BST references available on request

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my privy coins was scratched by the Liberty, the other had distracting scatter specks in the field, both of the Robinson medals in the other set also had smudges and spots in the mirror fields. No 70's in that entire order, except maybe the proof non-privy. Disappointing.

• Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

A mark? on the privy between the player's cap and the rim. Is there a good/easy way to tell if it is on the coin or the capsule without opening it?

• Options

@smuglr said:
    A mark? on the privy between the player's cap and the rim. Is there a good/easy way to tell if it is on the coin or the capsule without opening it?

Need to open capsule.....slowly but surely.

• Options
    edited May 12, 2022 9:45PM

No pictures of the privy? Perhaps…. Obverse and reverse Maybe a few pictures of the slick packaging 😉🙀🦫

• Options
    edited May 13, 2022 3:14PM

Well now 😎. Here we are and it’s friggin magnificent 😉🙀🦫

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Well now 😎. Here we are and it’s friggin magnificent 😉🙀🦫

I hope you can see good. Everything I am seeing is terrible. Looks like the person putting them in the capsules was eating donuts. Haze , smears ,spots. Quality is terrible. Take it out of the capsule and look at it with a loupe at an angle.

• Options

can't tell about the spot on that coin from the pics

if it something on the coin, you'll want to open the capsule anyway.

just be very, very careful

• Options

Looks great to me and that’s the name of the game. I don’t sell, I collect,what I like and this coin in hand is all I could want. 😉🙀🦫

• Options

Hard to tell with all the reflections and quality of picture. If you are collecting and it looks good to your eyes, that is what counts. I have seen far too many coins in 70 slabs that have gouges and scratches, as well as from the mint.

• Options

another box received. no shipped email, and orders do not show the tracking number,

i have no idea what is in the box.

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭✭✭

USPS to deliver mine today

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    another box received. no shipped email, and orders do not show the tracking number,

i have no idea what is in the box.

You need to call customer service.

Good luck, keep us posted.

• Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

I called today to identify contents on 2 boxes. Yes, they know.

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭✭✭

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    edited May 17, 2022 5:21PM

My Privy shipped today......

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got mine just yesterday and rather liked the proof and unc. 50c were my favorite - even over the gold. The dollar coin just left me a bit just, mehhhh.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

Came in this morning.
    Very excited about this Mint Error. I'll be sending it in for the rare First Stitch Label.

• Options

I had dozens delivered that are coated in grime. Terrible quality on the first lot shipped. I’ll lost some pics later

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, there appear to be issues with the quality of these coins. However, it's nothing like the big QC issues they are having in the UK with Royal Mint releases. The Royal Mint is bent on quickly issuing coin after coin, shipments are running late because they can't keep up, and QC is almost non-existent there.

• Options
    edited May 20, 2022 4:44AM

Get em while their up😉🙀🦫

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file