Options

2021 NFL scores

Comments

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

@perkdog said:

How HORRENDOUS is Matt Nagy?

supremely horrendous. never should have been hired in the first place, and never again should he work in the NFL. thankfully i was watching golf and missed Justin Fields almost getting murdered in his first start yesterday. 9 sacks and 114 yards of total offense.

On the bright side they did have 1 net passing yard.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

my take-away from the Bears is that their front seven is pretty solid and game worthy, but there is just too much pressure kept on them because the offense can't score or sustain drives. the Bears had chances yesterday because Mayfield was uncharacteristically off-target, but the Browns running game eventually wore the defense down and the game was won.

watching what the Bears did on offense leads me to the opinion that the offensive scheme was designed to allow Justin Fields to fail.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

Warm up the thread post, kind of like warming up a car on a cold morning. Nothing to see here. Carry on.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Mahomes will put up more than 50 points on the Eagles pathetic defense today. The Eagles will look like a Thanksgiving Turkey after this game.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

I'm watching the Chiefs vs Eagles game, I refuse to watch my Panthers get their beatdown. Right now the Eagles are leading the Chiefs 10-7, of course that is subject to change.

• Options

Eagles just let Mahomes get away with a run on third and 12. No defense at all.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

Eagles had a chance but blew it with that offensive pass interference call, they can't afford to keep settling for field goals against the Chiefs, they need touchdowns.

• Options

The Chiefs just scored, it's 28-16, Chiefs lead.

• Options

The Eagles just scored, it's 28-23 and the Eagles are back in this one......for now.

• Options
    edited October 3, 2021 12:37PM

Oh god, I just checked the Panthers score and my cats are getting destroyed 33-14, oh lord, oh mess, oh mercy, I can't take it, I haven't been this devastated since I found out that Santa Claus was a drunken pervert!

• Options

Well that didn't last long, the Chiefs just scored, the score is now 35-23 Chiefs lead.

• Options
    edited October 3, 2021 1:10PM

I was close. Kansas City scored 42 points with a blown coverage for their last touchdown.

The Eagles defense coach should give “STOP!” signs to all of his players. That might work better than the defense he puts on the field now. It is pathetic. Like I wrote elsewhere, the Eagles defense couldn’t stop a hamster on wheel.

Your Panthers will get a chance to play the worst defense next week.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Oh god, I just checked the Panthers score and my cats are getting destroyed 33-14, oh lord, oh mess, oh mercy, I can't take it, I haven't been this devastated since I found out that Santa Claus was a drunken pervert!

They didn’t even include that scene in the “Bad Santa” movie.

• Options

@BillJones said:

@doubledragon said:

They didn’t even include that scene in the “Bad Santa” movie.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options

I can't believe the Titans are in danger of losing to the Jets, it's 24-24 in overtime right now.

• Options

Jets win. Grabel is not only and idiot but add dumb a—. Delay if game and he doesn’t call time out. Missed field goal. Jets win. Dumb a—.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

Buffalo wins a squeaker today. Edge of my seat victory. After laying an egg against the Steelers the Bills,
    35-0
    43-21
    40-0
    And on to Kansas City

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    Buffalo wins a squeaker today. Edge of my seat victory. After laying an egg against the Steelers the Bills,
    35-0
    43-21
    40-0
    And on to Kansas City

The Bills are steamrolling over opponents, congrats on the victory!

• Options

Anthony Miller cut by the Texans.
    Man I thought this guy was going to ball out. In Memphis he was the man. I know he has a chip on his shoulders and had some on field altercations in Chicago. They traded him to Houston and after 4 games cut. I still think in the right spot he can be a good receiver. Anyone got any inside insight on him?

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    Anthony Miller cut by the Texans.
    Man I thought this guy was going to ball out. In Memphis he was the man. I know he has a chip on his shoulders and had some on field altercations in Chicago. They traded him to Houston and after 4 games cut. I still think in the right spot he can be a good receiver. Anyone got any inside insight on him?

I'm not sure about Miller, but I am sure about the Panthers, and I don't like it, I just don't like it!

• Options

The Falcons beat the Jets in England 27-20, got that pick right. I knew I could count on the Jets.

• Options

vicious hit on the legs of Joe Burrow as he scrambles when flushed from the pocket, down on the field as they go to a commercial. the Packers have already sacked him 3-4 times and appear willing to pressure him heavy.

• Options

Washington and the Saints are tied up at 13-13, good game here.

• Options
    edited October 10, 2021 11:53AM

Big Ben Roethlisberger must have heard the talk of him being washed up because he came to play today, the Steelers lead the Broncos 17-6 at the half.

• Options

Come on Washington, just get the damn ball in the endzone!

• Options

The Texans, with their zero yard punt.

• Options

Check out the Jaguars Laviska on this play, sloppy Tennessee.

• Options

Oh god no, my Panthers have been leading the Eagles the entire game and we let them right back in it and now the Eagles are leading 21-18 with 2:00 to go in the game. Stupid, dumb, idiot, useless cat!

• Options

My wife and I were watching some of the Packers game and my wife said, "Rodgers needs a haircut." 😂😂😂😂

• Options
    edited October 10, 2021 2:22PM

Uh oh, the Jaguars lost today, you know where Urban Meyer is going after the game.

• Options

Tom Brady had over 400 yards passing and threw 5 TDs, unbelievable as the Bucs destroyed the Dolphins 45-17.

• Options

Saquon Barkley is injured again, this time it's his ankle.

• Options

Kyler Murray wearing a Bruce Lee thigh pad today.

• Options
    edited October 10, 2021 4:24PM

The Browns and Chargers are having a slugfest shoot out in L.A. it's back and forth, the score is now 47-42 Chargers lead with 0:26 left in the game.

• Options

47-42 Chargers. Insane game!

W.C.Fields
  • Options

It's over, the Chargers beat the Browns 47-42.

• Options

Yeah, and the Raiders just laid an egg to the Bears, Jon Gruden didn't look so good at the press conference after the game....

• Options

47-42 Chargers. Insane game

that's the best "Coaching loss" of the season so far. it's hard to believe Stefanski won Coach of the Year in 2020 after watching the end of that game, just disgusted with the strategy, play calling and time management.

BTW, I guess all the ESPN inspired mania over Baker Mayfield was just BS, he had a pretty good stat line.
    --- 23/32 for 306 yards with 2 TD's and no int's.

my middle boy came over to watch the game and brought his $10k Herbert card, so we liked what Justin did today!! B)

• Options

12 extra points missed Sunday ties a record. Give the ball to start at the 25. Do away with kickoffs and kickers and let the 350lbers decide the game. You either punt or go for it. 59 minutes 59 seconds of football decided by a 140 lb soccer player. I say ban them all. 😂

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Do away with kickoffs and kickers

why not "do away with" instant replay or just not play the games at all when so much is decided by the Ref's and the calls they make/don't make. they have gone from regulating play to directly influencing the outcome of games by the calls made at pivotal moments. the announcers don't help, they move between their BS line of "letting them play" to refusing to acknowledge when a really bad call has been made.

to the Bills/Chiefs game, that was entertaining and enlightening, especially the QB play. the Bills seem willing to allow Josh Allen to run freely. why?? it always scares me when a QB is a Teams leading runner. as for Mahomes, his confidence looks shaken and it shows in how he's playing. the magic is fading as the ledger starts to even out --- he went for almost two seasons without paying much of a price for his "luck plays" which always seemed to work out in his favor. now, even when he's not making a mistake, the ball is bouncing weird. suddenly, the Chiefs have turned into a turn-over machine.

• Options

@keets My post was tongue and cheek.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

as for Mahomes, his confidence looks shaken and it shows in how he's playing. the magic is fading as the ledger starts to even out --- he went for almost two seasons without paying much of a price for his "luck plays" which always seemed to work out in his favor. now, even when he's not making a mistake, the ball is bouncing weird. suddenly, the Chiefs have turned into a turn-over machine.

The talk of a Chiefs dynasty was very premature. Their defense has made that look like a one and done.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited October 11, 2021 12:03PM

The talk of a Chiefs dynasty was very premature.
    I made mention either earlier in this thread or in another about the similar trajectory of Mahomes/Chiefs and Wilson/Seahawks only to criticized. it is what it is. both won their Super Bowl and lost their next appearance there, only to be annointed as the next dominant QB with a Team ready for their dynasty. ask Russell Wilson how that worked out. ask Patrick Mahomes if he thinks the judgement may have been pre-mature.

My post was tongue and cheek.
    my response wasn't, it is serious. we saw what happens with the New Orleans Saints "PI non-call" two seasons ago and how it affected the game's outcome and the eventual STupor Bowl participants. that sort of thing happens routinely in games while the NFL has the ability to make things right without slowing down games. the only legitimate question: does the NFL want to do what's right or continue with games that are adversely affected by on-field Officials??

we can all mention several instances where bad calls decide games, that just isn't proper if the mechanism(s) are in place to correct errors made on the field. I'm not advocating a review of every play or cameras over-viewing everything, but the Referees miss things and make improper calls. the League has almost instantaneous review. either use the technology or get rid of it and go back to what we had in the 1960's and play games like that.

• Options

I just gotta put this out there and I’m done ragging on this QB.
    I’m a Miami Dolphin fan (theoretically) and the 2020 NFL is under way. We have the #5 pick. Who does management chose. Do they chose the kid out of the University of Oregon. 6’6” 235 lbs and a cannon for an arm?
    No we pick a kid that is coming off major hip surgery.
    Now the Buffalo Bills have no room to talk. The Bills traded the #10 pick in the 2017 draft to the Kansas City Chiefs. The Chiefs selected Patrick Mahomes. Only saving grace was with the picks the Bills drafted Josh Allen and Tremaine Edmunds in the first round the next year.
    Dolphin fans can only look back and know they lost their chance for their franchise QB and wonder what if?

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Not counting tonight
    12 missed extra points
    12 missed field goals

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I see some of the bad calls or missed calls I wonder if the Refs have Fan Duel accounts.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

We find out this week if the Chargers are the elite team everyone is saying they are. They go to Baltimore and face the Ravens. The Ravens on a short week after an overtime game will have to be ready to face an explosive offense. Brandon Staley has instilled confidence in a team that seemed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory the past 3 seasons. You want confidence? Going for it on 4 and 7, 4 and 3 etc, and making it.
    Justin Herbert a star in the making will be a tough test for Baltimore. For me this is the game of the week.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Going for it on 4 and 7, 4 and 3 etc, and making it.

well, it sort of helps when the Refs assist you. the trouble is that the blown PI call might come back and haunt the Chargers because of the false confidence it gave them. had the Refs made the proper call or no-call the Browns would have been first and 10 at the Chargers 38 and Staley would be in the hot-seat about going to the well one too many times.

thanks for bailing him out Refs.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

Arizona @ Cleveland this Sunday

hope i'm wrong about this, but i've been processing this game in my head and i suspect that the Cardinals are gonna go down for the first time this season

Arizona's D has improved, but they are not very good against the run. and Cleveland just so happens to have the #1 rushing attack in the league. if i'm Stefanski, my game plan includes a heavy dose of Chubb & Hunt, which should then open up the play-action pass for Mayfield to take some shots down the field

• Options

Warm up bump.