2021 NFL scores

Comments

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Not today New Orleans.

Panthers - 26
    Saints - 7

Looks like Sam Darnold out playing Winston and the Saints today. Nice clean win mixing the run and pass. Congratulations @doubledragon
    All your doom and gloom about Darnold is unfounded…. So far.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

@doubledragon said:
    Not today New Orleans.

Panthers - 26
    Saints - 7

Looks like Sam Darnold out playing Winston and the Saints today. Nice clean win mixing the run and pass. Congratulations @doubledragon
    All your doom and gloom about Darnold is unfounded…. So far.

Thank you, but it won't last, it never does.

• Options

Uh oh, the Jaguars lost to the Broncos 23-13 today, Urban is going to beat the crap out of his team.

• Options

The Cowboys beat the Chargers 20-17 on a last second 56 yard field goal, you make Jerry very happy, Jerry do happy dance tonight.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    The Cowboys beat the Chargers 20-17 on a last second 56 yard field goal, you make Jerry very happy, Jerry do happy dance tonight.

He seemed pretty excited after the game. >:)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N5w7zKC3MFs

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

Yes, good ol' uncle Jerry.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I watched parts of 6-7 games and the play seemed very sloppy, lots and lots of penalties. the 2021 crop of QB's had tough sledding, also.

• Options

@keets said:
    I think I watched parts of 6-7 games and the play seemed very sloppy, lots and lots of penalties. the 2021 crop of QB's had tough sledding, also.

Yeah. A lot of hype before the season. I even saw comparisons to the QB class of 83. Lmao. Not one had even sniffed a regular season game yet. 🙄

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@keets said:

Of the 4 that played, 7 interceptions and a fumble.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

I know it’s not even the end of week 2 but if New Orleans spanked the Packers and the Panthers spanked the Saints, holding them to 100 yards, how bad are the Packers? I just saw the line on Alvin Kamara, 8 rushes 5 yards???

I know Rodgers said not to worry but ahem, if Detroit beats them do Packers fans worry?

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@doubledragon

No one was really impressed by the Panthers' 19-14 win over the Jets last week, but people might start paying attention after this win. The Panthers defense absolutely suffocated a Saints offense that put up 38 points last week. The Panthers had Winston running for his life for nearly the entire game. The pressure on Winston led to four sacks and two interceptions for Carolina. Offensively, the addition of Sam Darnold continues to look like one of the smartest moves of the offseason. Darnold threw for 305 yards and two TDs in the blowout win. The Panthers have arguably been the biggest surprise through the first two weeks of the season.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

it was nice to see some negative results for the Mahomes "just throw the ball out there and hope for the best approach" last night. the negative results: one Intentional Grounding and one Interception. a wing-and-a-prayer only lasts so long, as for Lamar Jackson, he'll never win with his arm, so until his legs get tired and if he stays healthy he'll be a threat. the NFL is just to brutal for a QB to do what he does running forever.

• Options

@keets said:
    it was nice to see some negative results for the Mahomes "just throw the ball out there and hope for the best approach" last night. the negative results: one Intentional Grounding and one Interception. a wing-and-a-prayer only lasts so long, as for Lamar Jackson, he'll never win with his arm, so until his legs get tired and if he stays healthy he'll be a threat. the NFL is just to brutal for a QB to do what he does running forever.

The Chiefs forgot the #1 rule when playing Baltimore. Hit the QB every play. If one player just sticks with Jackson and tackles him no matter if he has the ball or not you slow him down. Just put the tape of the Bills- Ravens playoff game and see the way to beat them.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    @doubledragon

No one was really impressed by the Panthers' 19-14 win over the Jets last week, but people might start paying attention after this win. The Panthers defense absolutely suffocated a Saints offense that put up 38 points last week. The Panthers had Winston running for his life for nearly the entire game. The pressure on Winston led to four sacks and two interceptions for Carolina. Offensively, the addition of Sam Darnold continues to look like one of the smartest moves of the offseason. Darnold threw for 305 yards and two TDs in the blowout win. The Panthers have arguably been the biggest surprise through the first two weeks of the season.

Didn't watch one snap of the game, won't watch one snap the entire season, I can't watch, it's too much!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@2dueces said:
    @doubledragon

Didn't watch one snap of the game, won't watch one snap the entire season, I can't watch, it's too much!

Are you serious DD? You have to watch. That's all part of the fun when you're watching a team you care about. Anyone can just watch a random game, but to sit through that agonizing roller coaster of watching your favorite team is special.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

@2dueces said:
    @doubledragon

Are you serious DD? You have to watch. That's all part of the fun when you're watching a team you care about. Anyone can just watch a random game, but to sit through that agonizing roller coaster of watching your favorite team is special.

I've been on that rollercoaster too many times, it has caused me to develop an uncurable motion sickness, therefore, I choose not to ride!

• Options

Saw this pic going around on Instagram, from looking at it it’s pretty hard to believe that Rodgers is 7 years younger than Brady.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

look at the bags under those eyes...

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    Saw this pic going around on Instagram, from looking at it it’s pretty hard to believe that Rodgers is 7 years younger than Brady.

Instagram has been delivering some fire lately lol...”Aaron Rodgers looks like Nicolas Cage playing Aaron Rodgers in a movie about Tom Brady”
    :D:D:D:D:D

• Options

In this photo, Aaron Rodgers does kind of resemble Nicolas Cage.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@erikthredd said:

Instagram has been delivering some fire lately lol...”Aaron Rodgers looks like Nicolas Cage playing Aaron Rodgers in a movie about Tom Brady”

Did Rodgers get hair transplants? He’s looking awful thin on top in that picture and now he has hair like Fabio

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@erikthredd said:

@erikthredd said:

Did Rodgers get hair transplants? He’s looking awful thin on top in that picture and now he has hair like Fabio

It’s probably falling out after using his vegan cat girlfriend’s patchouli oil shampoo. ;)

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@2dueces said:

@erikthredd said:

@erikthredd said:

It’s probably falling out after using his vegan cat girlfriend’s patchouli oil shampoo. ;)

Man I love me the smell of patchouli. Reminds me of the 70’s. Patched jeans, army jackets, hippie girls with long beautiful hair. Going to concerts and just chillin without a care in the world. Man!

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

In other news the Lions are still a pathetic organization

• Options

@perkdog said:

I give Mathew Stafford a lot of credit as a human being for staying with them for 90 years. Maybe it was family decision. Kids in school, friends etc but no can say he wasn’t loyal to the Lions.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

•••••I need someone that can photoshop something for me. Please message me••••

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:

I give Mathew Stafford a lot of credit as a human being for staying with them for 90 years. Maybe it was family decision. Kids in school, friends etc but no can say he wasn’t loyal to the Lions.

He definitely hung in there for them, enough is enough for anyone I guess.

• Options

@2dueces said:

Paging @doubledragon Paging Double d…

• Options
    edited September 23, 2021 12:24PM

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

Paging @doubledragon Paging Double d…

Got it. Unfortunately our DD is not a photoshop expert. Yeah, I didn’t believe it either.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

I wish I could photoshop, I've tried many times but failed miserably, it seems that most people that are able to do it are familiar with or have a background in graphic design. I couldn't do anything with it, the images I produce are done through a meme generator, I wish I could photoshop, I would terrorize this place!

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    I wish I could photoshop, I've tried many times but failed miserably, it seems that most people that are able to do it are familiar with or have a background in graphic design. I couldn't do anything with it, the images I produce are done through a meme generator, I wish I could photoshop, I would terrorize this place!

Don’t feel bad. I have no idea how to post a meme.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@doubledragon said:

Don’t feel bad. I have no idea how to post a meme.

Now if you ever need a meme, I'm the guy to see. ;)

• Options

CMC out with a hamstring. He missed 14 games last year and now 2 games in he’s hurt again. This is a huge blow to Carolina and really hurts Darnold.
    He was ruled out immediately after the injury so I wouldn’t expect him back any time soon.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    CMC out with a hamstring. He missed 14 games last year and now 2 games in he’s hurt again. This is a huge blow to Carolina and really hurts Darnold.
    He was ruled out immediately after the injury so I wouldn’t expect him back any time soon.

I knew it, I knew it would all go to sh.., it's over, the season is over, it was nice while it lasted, but it's all downhill from here.

• Options

And we lost our first round draft pick CB Jaycee Horn to a broken foot last night, so that's Christian McCaffrey and Jaycee Horn.

• Options
    edited September 24, 2021 4:15AM

@doubledragon said:

Interesting!! Very interesting, I always thought you were a photoshop wizard!

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

Interesting!! Very interesting, I always thought you were a photoshop wizard!

I wish I was, I'm just a meme generator wizard. I envy those photoshop guys, they have so much more to work with, lucky bastards.

• Options
    W.C.Fields
  • Options

I don't trust him yet, yes he's led us to a 3-0 start, BUT, how is he going to do against the better teams in the NFL? We beat the Jets, the Saints, and the Texans. No sir, if he wants my trust, he'll have to earn it against better teams.

• Options
    edited September 24, 2021 4:57PM

No sir Mr. Darnold, if it's my trust that you seek, you shall have to beat great teams to earn it!

• Options

Would you rather be 0-3 and say I told you so or 3-0 and the Duece was right about Darnold…. So far.

Besides how great it was for Darnold to ease into this season, get his confidence back and look like the #3 draft choice he is.
    He’s never going to be Mahomes or Allen but he’s going to be a solid professional quarterback and man did you get him on the cheap!

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    Would you rather be 0-3 and say I told you so or 3-0 and the Duece was right about Darnold…. So far.

Besides how great it was for Darnold to ease into this season, get his confidence back and look like the #3 draft choice he is.
    He’s never going to be Mahomes or Allen but he’s going to be a solid professional quarterback and man did you get him on the cheap!

Ok, I guess you're right swami, I'd rather be 3-0 and we did get him cheap, but I'm keeping my eye on him and he better not screw up!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@2dueces said:

Ok, I guess you're right swami, I'd rather be 3-0 and we did get him cheap, but I'm keeping my eye on him and he better not screw up!

I take that back, I'm not keeping my eye on him, I can't watch, the stress is too much, the Panthers don't exist!

• Options

Darnold will even out in the long run so you should probably temper you're enthusiasm.

this season is off to a strange start with all the talking heads whipped up about what's happened so far. it might be prudent to wait till mid season before writing anyone off or proclaiming anyone League MVP. after two weeks 18 of 32 Teams, over half the NFL, had a record of 1-1, seven Teams were undefeated and another seven Teams had yet to win a game.

how can anyone make any determination on how good or bad any Team, player, offense or defense is going to be?? :)

• Options

I'm ready for some football, let's get it on!

• Options
    edited September 26, 2021 10:12AM

Oh wow, Josh Allen just threw an impressive TD pass to Emmanuel Sanders facing the wind, Bills lead Washington 7-0.

• Options

Pats down 7, D looks shaky early….

• Options

Someone needs to tell the Pats O-line that the game started at 1. :#

• Options

Damn, the Bills already lead 21-0 against Washington and it's only the 2nd quarter, I bet 2dueces is happy right now.

• Options

Damn, James White carted off the field. He's their most experienced player in this passing offense and would be a huge loss.