Home Sports Talk

2021 NFL scores

15678911»

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kyler Murray is now 9-0 at Cowboys stadium, unbelievable, Mustache Jerry Jones doesn't like him very much, Mustache Jerry Jones has his eye on him.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@Steven59 said:
    Looks like "Bad" Dallas showed up today............

I wouldn't know, I'm being forced to watch the suck a.. Panthers because I live in Carolina, I wanted to watch that Dallas game, I hate geography!

I was bummed all day because my stupid cable guide said my local Fox Channel claimed they were airing the Seattle-Lions game. Really? Who outside of Seattle and Detroit wanted to see that playing out the string contest? Fortunately the guide was wrong. :D

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brady's game winning drive was a thing of beauty. Here it is if you missed it.
    https://youtu.be/LWYrxyjCT4c

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m starting to think Mike Zimmer should be fired even before Matt Nagy

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    Brady's game winning drive was a thing of beauty. Here it is if you missed it.
    https://youtu.be/LWYrxyjCT4c

They're gonna need games like this from Grayson & Johnson going forward. Maybe even Le-Veon Bell too,He did nothing in the run game but did have 3/30 in the passing game.

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭✭✭

The best pass defense is pressure on the QB. You could have eleven drop back but a good QB could still pick you apart if there is no pressure on him. Brady is much better than a good QB. Make the QB make a decision and throw within a couple seconds. With a blitzing defender Brady might handle it well but I think the odds are better.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Brick said:
    The best pass defense is pressure on the QB. You could have eleven drop back but a good QB could still pick you apart if there is no pressure on him. Brady is much better than a good QB. Make the QB make a decision and throw within a couple seconds. With a blitzing defender Brady might handle it well but I think the odds are better.

To beat Brady there has to be pressure that makes him leave the pocket. Or at a minimum pressure with four defenders so that there is pressure while all receivers are covered. Most times he will beat an all out blitz.

edited January 9, 2022 11:21AM

I'm watching Big Ben's last game, Big Ben vs Ravens, Big Ben leads the game 3-0 at ye olde moment.

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got the Browns - Bengals "preseason game 4" on for background noise but can't force myself to actually watch it.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

@Steven59 said:
    I've got the Browns - Bengals "preseason game 4" on for background noise but can't force myself to actually watch it.

I'm watching the Steelers vs Ravens game, it's tied up at 3-3 at halftime. It's like watching two old ladies fighting!

It's like watching two old ladies fighting!

That looks a whole lot more entertaining - LOL!!!!!!!!

@Steven59 said:

It's like watching two old ladies fighting!

That looks a whole lot more entertaining - LOL!!!!!!!!

It is, believe me! 😂😂

Meanwhile in Green Bay....

Good one - that reminds me of.................

The Indianapolis game

@Steven59 said:
    Good one - that reminds me of.................

The Indianapolis game

You beat me to it! 😂😂

The Steelers have finally taken the lead 13-10 over the Ravens with 2:00 to go in the game, will Big Ben get a win in his final game ever?

Justin Tucker just tied it up at 13-13.

It looks like the Steelers vs Ravens game is going into overtime.

The Colts should be ashamed of themselves for losing to the Jaguars today.

I can't believe this sh.., they're making me watch the Panthers game! The Steelers and Ravens are in overtime, Big Ben's last game ever, the Steelers are driving and near field goal range and due to NFL contractual obligations, they're turning it to the start of the stink a.. Panthers game!

You didn't miss much - Ravens let Ben drive the steelers down to the 10 and they kicked a FG so Ben can go out a winner..........I'm wondering was that enough to get the Steelers in the playoffs???

Horrible start by NE. Give up an opening drive TD then Mac throws a pick 6. :#

@Steven59 said:
    You didn't miss much - Ravens let Ben drive the steelers down to the 10 and they kicked a FG so Ben can go out a winner..........I'm wondering was that enough to get the Steelers in the playoffs???

I'm not sure, I think they would probably need some losses from other teams, we'll have tp wait and see, but I'm happy for Big Ben to go out a winner if they don't make the playoffs, I know that game was stressful for him, the Ravens didn't make it easy.

No, I think that was not Big Ben's last game, I think the Steelers are in the playoffs. I was just reading that all the Steelers need to make the playoffs is for tonight's Chargers vs Raiders game not to end in a tie.

I love that the Colts made complete fools of themselves today

Pittsburgh doing what they do best, play like a JV team on offense in the first half then miraculously cone from behind in the second half. I want them to make the playoffs and get destroyed first game

Brady just threw his 43rd TD and he's got roughly 7mins to get one more to match his age.

I'm sitting here watching the 49ers vs Rams game and the Rams had a 24-17 lead with about 2:00 to go and they just let the 49ers drive down field and tie it up, it's going into overtime.

edited January 9, 2022 5:45PM

Matthew Stafford just threw a pick, 49ers win 27-24 in overtime, the 49ers are going to the playoffs.

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:
    [Matthew Stafford just threw a pick, 49ers win 27-24 in overtime, the 49ers are going to the playoffs.]

Ouch! Last game of the season and he's still throwing interceptions - guess he wasn't "Fine tuning his game" ??

Stafford is not going to ever be a Super Bowl QB, I said this earlier in the season and I still say it.

Holy Crap - what a stupid call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Raiders.......

Really? The Raiders are pulling out the Mariotta card???