Home Sports Talk
Options

2021 NFL scores

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will be watching the Titans vs Chiefs game, I picked the Chiefs to win this game, I'm scared.

• Options

Man, Derrick Henry is such a beast, I might have to start a Derrick Henry card collection, don't think I won't do it!

• Options

The Titans just march right down the field a score, Derrick Henry threw a touchdown pass, why the heck did I pick the Chiefs to win, stupid, stupid!

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

NE broke out the trick plays early today... Mac Jones with the lateral to Kendrick Bourne who threw a TD pass to Nelson Agholor.

• Options
    edited October 24, 2021 10:33AM

Tennessee just scored again, the Chiefs defense is pure garbage, Andy Reid is getting a bit nervous, he just broke out the bottled water.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2021 10:41AM

It’s early but the Chiefs need to at least get it together on offense to make up for their D

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    NE broke out the trick plays early today... Mac Jones with the lateral to Kendrick Bourne who threw a TD pass to Nelson Agholor.

And he didn’t drop it!

• Options

The Titans are now beating the Chiefs 24-0 and it's not even halftime yet, the Chiefs are just getting manhandled, I think this one is over.

• Options

Meanwhile my Panthers have only managed to put up 3 lousy points against the Giants, we're losing by a score of 5-3.

• Options

Wow 24-0 that is crazy

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Wow 24-0 that is crazy

The Chiefs are just pitiful today, I can't believe it, they are getting destroyed, they look depressed on the sidelines, Travis Kelce looks like he's about to cry, and Mahomes just tossed his helmet.

• Options

Patrick Mahomes first half:

5/9
    41 yards
    2 turnovers
    27.8 passer rating

• Options

In other news the J E T S are horrible lol

• Options

@perkdog said:
    In other news the J E T S are horrible lol

Business as usual! 😂😂

• Options

But really the Chiefs inability to score points is a phenomenon. Mahomes has always been able to light up the scoreboard, it’s weird

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2021 1:00PM

Chiefs getting smoked by The Titans and the "Missing Mahomes Magic" is apparent(how's that for alliteration!!). maybe we need a Poll to guess when Patrick's Interceptions will surpass his TD passes. I'm assuming Tyreek Hill is active today but don't see him in the stats. Mahomes must miss him. :s

I'm watching the Lamar Jackson Show vs. Cincinnati and my thinking is that Baltimore is too one-dimensional and depends on Jackson for everything that takes place on Offense. when he is erratic throwing the ball, like he has been today, The Ravens become quite ordinary and beatable. in the first half he's accounted for all of the Offense. that is unsustainable over 17 games and will go nowhere in the post season.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Meanwhile my Panthers have only managed to put up 3 lousy points against the Giants, we're losing by a score of 5-3.

They better get their sh$t together and beat a depleted Giants team or I’m officially off the Sam Darnold wagon. What a terrible interception in the red zone. Take the 3 and you’re up 6-5 in the 4th inning.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

20-17 Bengals. No matter how this turns out, Bengals are for real!! Joe Burrows is accurate today. He’s leading his receivers so they are full speed after the catch. Pleasure to watch.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

..... McDaniels got a little carried away with the trick plays and almost got Jones killed. 😂😂

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

..... McDaniels got a little carried away with the trick plays and almost got Jones killed. 😂😂

Just wait until they run that Harris in shotgun/Mac lined out at WR play a few more times before they actually target him lol.

• Options
    edited October 24, 2021 12:18PM

@2dueces said:

@doubledragon said:

They better get their sh$t together and beat a depleted Giants team or I’m officially off the Sam Darnold wagon. What a terrible interception in the red zone. Take the 3 and you’re up 6-5 in the 4th inning.

That's it, I've had it with the Panthers, they are now losing to the New York Giants 12-3, I'm done with this team, this is the final straw!

• Options

Watching the Panthers play today....

• Options

Are we looking at new contenders in the NFL? I’m not going to say a complete change of the guard just yet but. Kansas City is about to fall to 3-4 with the Chargers at 4-2 and the Raiders 4-2 and could be 5-2 after today
    If the Bengals hold on 27-17 they would be 4-3 and in first place in the division. I think they’ve definitely over took Pittsburgh for the battle at the top.
    Tennessee has made the biggest statement these last two weeks and if the Colts lose they will have a strangle hold on top of their division.

Of course it’s only week 7 but always fun to visit new blood.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@doubledragon said:

Never mention Sam Darnold or the Panthers again. They officially suck. Not only am I off the Darnold band wagon, I’m taking the horses, the drums and guitars home so you can’t you use them. I’m taking my ball and going home.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Are we really talking about the Chiefs being out of playoff talk? It’s crazy but they are not a very good football team. I think it was @keets who mentioned that Mahomes “Lucky non interceptions” last year is evening out, he had another pick today from bouncing out of a receivers hands into a defenders.

• Options

I think it's too early to rule out the Chiefs

• Options

Just saw this stat posted on Instagram

• Options
    edited October 24, 2021 1:09PM

You know Belichick wants to stick it to the Jets whenever possible... NE up 34pts with 3mins left in the game and he's got the backup QB throwing bombs down the sideline. Two plays later they run one in to get that 50 burger.

11 different players have caught at least one pass today for NE's offense.

• Options

@2dueces said:

@2dueces said:

@doubledragon said:

Never mention Sam Darnold or the Panthers again. They officially suck. Not only am I off the Darnold band wagon, I’m taking the horses, the drums and guitars home so you can’t you use them. I’m taking my ball and going home.

We're now losing to the New York Giants 25-3 and Darnold has been benched. I'm through with this team, I will no longer support such incompetence!

• Options

What the heck? The Cincinnati Bengals destroyed the Ravens today 41-17.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the Bengals hold on 27-17 they would be 4-3 and in first place in the division. I think they’ve definitely over took Pittsburgh for the battle at the top.
    --- The Bengals will be 5-2 and in first place, sort of hard to wrap my head around. yes, they seem to playing well but The Ravens defense played really terrible. strangely, they were playing well in man-coverage through most of the first half and then that defensive genuis, "Wink" Martindale, decided it was time to warm-up the Zone!! suddenly their were open spaces in the middle, DB's running around and chasing nobody, pathetic tackling, etc. the most comical play, well, there were too many in the second half as The Ravens became a dumpster fire.

I said it earlier, they will live-and-die according to how accurate Lamar Jackson passes. he is too erratic. he was 15-31 today, looked amazing at times and through the ball five yards short at other times. he can do incredible things, both good and bad.

I think it's too early to rule out the Chiefs.
    --- I don't, I think they're toast and won't even make the play-offs this season. it is the common symptom of what's wrong with the NFL in today's World, too much depends on too few players which means most franchises have no balance. all it really takes is for one Team to expose the fatal flaw(s), a little inconsistent play by the 1-2 guys who drive a Team and the bottom falls out. with film study what it is, once the flaw(s) is revealed the end is near.

that happened to The Chiefs, their defense sucks.

I think it happened to The Ravens today. play some man coverage and force Jackson to pass, keep him inside the pocket and don't allow him outside to run free. The Ravens are limited past that with RB's and they really only have two receivers. if the coverage is tight Jackson will fail.

two other "powerhouses" that were exposed won't play today, we won't know if my theory holds true till next week. I doubt The Bills will be challenged by The Dolphins, but the game between The Chargers and The Patriots will be one to watch. the New England defense is tough and Belichick seems willing to cut loose on Mac jones a little more each week, so it should be good.

I'm sort of waiting for someone to come up with the right formula to beat Arizona. nobody is un-beatable.

• Options

I hate the Panthers, hate them, I wish I was never born!

• Options
  • Options

@erikthredd said:
    Brady just threw TD pass #600

That guy gave up the ball too easily. I hope they really are going to take care of him. @doubledragon can you follow up on this and let me know what he ends up with.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

That guy gave up the ball too easily. I hope they really are going to take care of him. @doubledragon can you follow up on this and let me know what he ends up with.

The Bucs vs Bears is no longer a game, it's a beatdown.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

i had to see who exactly found this statement to be humorous

• Options
    edited October 24, 2021 5:35PM

@galaxy27 said:

I was laughing at the “Beatdown” statement.

Btw I never knew how to see who likes or lol’s at posts. Interesting

Btw no disrespect, I don’t wish your Bears to get beat

• Options
    edited October 24, 2021 5:37PM

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

I love Brady but ZERO chance I would have given him that ball, I would have wanted money. Call me a jerk or whatever but him giving say 50K for that is like one of us giving out a dollar bill.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

totally a tongue-in-cheek post by me bud lol

trust me, if I hadnt been so appalled i wouldve been laughing too

but hey, whatever it takes to get Nagy out at this point

more beatdowns, bring em!

• Options

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

I love Brady but ZERO chance I would have given him that ball, I would have wanted money. Call me a jerk or whatever but him giving say 50K for that is like one of us giving out a dollar bill.

I seriously do want to know what the guy got. If it was me, I agree, I am not giving it up that easily.

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

I seriously do want to know what the guy got. If it was me, I agree, I am not giving it up that easily.

I've read reports that the fan only received in exchange a different game used ball and a $1,000 gift card to the team store.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

totally a tongue-in-cheek post by me bud lol

trust me, if I hadnt been so appalled i wouldve been laughing too

but hey, whatever it takes to get Nagy out at this point

more beatdowns, bring em!

Hahaha believe it or not I remember the pre Parcells Patriots way back in the day and can relate. Hopefully Fields will get better and Nagy will be shown the door.

• Options

@countdouglas said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

I've read reports that the fan only received in exchange a different game used ball and a $1,000 gift card to the team store.

Sorry Tom, not good enough you cheapo

• Options

Can’t remember which talking head said take Fields out at halftime so not to damage him any more than has to. He said, he can’t read defenses. Period. He had 3 interceptions by half time and 58 yards passing.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fields would drop back to pass and the defenders were already there waiting for him. Top college QBs playing for top programs usually have such good protection they could send out for a cheeseburger as they wait for someone to get open. The necessity to read the defense and get rid of the ball quickly is one reason many college stars don't measure up in the NFL.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I wish I was never born!

So did George Bailey and we know how that turned out,

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

Good morning @Doubledragon

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    Good morning @Doubledragon

Good morning @thisistheshow, I'm ready for the day!

• Options

We'll start off with the new Panthers logo!

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    We'll start off with the new Panthers logo!

You think they will be in the market for Watson?