Home Sports Talk

2021 NFL scores

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pats look awful today. Losing White is not good

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mac throws his first INT. NE's OL play has been atrocious so far. :#

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Washington is starting to mount a bit of a comeback, it's 27-14 Bills lead at the half.

Pats TE Jonnu Smith tips a pass from Mac right to a DB who ran it in for a pick six. the Saints defense owns this game right now.

@erikthredd said:
    Pats TE Jonnu Smith tips a pass from Mac right to a DB who ran it in for a pick six. the Saints defense owns this game right now.

No dammit no, I picked the Pats to win. My plans are going to hell, noooooo!

On top of that, I picked the Steelers to win and Big Ben looks washed up.

Big Ben just threw his second interception of the day, pathetic.

Don't shake your head Ben, you're washed up, grow a beard and get a job coaching!

Oh god, the Bengals just cashed in on Big Ben's interception, nooooo!

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

They're getting smoked at home right now. Not looking good at all.

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

Who would have figured the Saints would play well after that stinker last week, the Saints are a Jekyll Hyde team.

Big Ben should just hang it up, he's playing like week 1 Aaron Rodgers.

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

Who would have figured the Saints would play well after that stinker last week, the Saints are a Jekyll Hyde team.

With no Brees,I considered this one of NE's winnable games this season lol. WIth a better offense & defense coming in next weekend we might see a legit massacre.

The Bills are stomping Washington again, the score is now 36-14.

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

With no Brees,I considered this one of NE's winnable games this season lol. WIth a better offense & defense coming in next weekend we might see a legit massacre.

Any given Sunday, it's tough to tell what's going to happen in the NFL.

NE finally showing some life. Mac runs for a 1st then next play hits Bourne for a TD. One possession game now.

@erikthredd said:
    NE finally showing some life. Mac runs for a 1st then next play hits Bourne for a TD. One possession game now.

That's more like it!

Oh look, the Steelers got a field goal.

Mac finishes off the game with the hat trick. 28-13 Saints.

@erikthredd said:

I just didn’t see a whole lot of improvement today, but week 3 is week 3

Man, all my picks are going to garbage today, the Steelers lost to the Bengals 24-10 at home, and the Chiefs just laid an egg against the Chargers at home 30-24.

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

Gotta credit the Saints front 7 for playing lights out, their pass rush brought real pressure all game and it seems like they were making stops in the backfield on most rushing attempts.

Mac looks promising as their QB of the future but having him throw 51 times in his 3rd NFL game while rushing for twice as many rushing yards as their starting RB,28 to 14, was a recipe for disaster. In his defense though, the OL sucked and aside from White getting carted off the RBs as a whole were pretty ineffective. Its not going to get any easier with TB coming in next week.

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

Gotta credit the Saints front 7 for playing lights out, their pass rush brought real pressure all game and it seems like they were making stops in the backfield on most rushing attempts.

Mac looks promising as their QB of the future but having him throw 51 times in his 3rd NFL game while rushing for twice as many rushing yards as their starting RB,28 to 14, was a recipe for disaster. In his defense though, the OL sucked and aside from White getting carted off the RBs as a whole were pretty ineffective. Its not going to get any easier with TB coming in next week.

I know, I’m not trying to be too hard on him that’s why I said “week 3 is week 3” I’m all about him as our future franchise QB. It was just a crappy game, I’m a little disappointed as all

The Bucs and Rams are tied up at 7-7, we got us a ball game here, Brady vs Stafford.

@doubledragon said:
    The Bucs and Rams are tied up at 7-7, we got us a ball game here, Brady vs Stafford.

10-7 at the half, I figured it would be higher scoring but it’s a barn burner!

Quick question. How the heck can anyone not like football???

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never worried about the Bills game even when it got to 21-14. 70 yard screen pass and a fluke kick off gave the WFT hope, for a minute. Josh Allen 4 TD’s and a rushing TD. Looked like 2020 again. The defense was stout again. Smoking cigars at halftime.
    Better pump the brakes on all the Mac Jones- Tom Brady comparisons for at least a week.
    KC has been ripe for the picking. Finally someone found a ladder.
    Atlanta finally won when I picked them. Almost changed my mind 6 times.
    Another comparison better pump the brakes on is the 1983-2021 draft class of QB’s. 1-9 combined isn’t exactly lighting up the world.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

@perkdog said:
    Quick question. How the heck can anyone not like football???

Best sport in the world, hands down!

@2dueces said:
    Never worried about the Bills game even when it got to 21-14. 70 yard screen pass and a fluke kick off gave the WFT hope, for a minute. Josh Allen 4 TD’s and a rushing TD. Looked like 2020 again. The defense was stout again. Smoking cigars at halftime.
    Better pump the brakes on all the Mac Jones- Tom Brady comparisons for at least a week.
    KC has been ripe for the picking. Finally someone found a ladder.
    Atlanta finally won when I picked them. Almost changed my mind 6 times.
    Another comparison better pump the brakes on is the 1983-2021 draft class of QB’s. 1-9 combined isn’t exactly lighting up the world.

Josh Allen is a beast, congrats on the win!

It's 21-7 Rams lead right now, but I've learned to never count number 12 out.

Bucs scored, it's 21-14, but it appears Gronk got injured, he's been taken back to the locker room for x-rays, it could be his ribs.

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

tough sledding today for four of the "big five" 1st round QB's. the best news for them as a group is that nobody has been hurt, especially Justin Fields.

Rams just scored again, it's 28-14 Rams lead, I'm not having a good day with picks!

Justin Tucker kicked an NFL record 66 yard field goal today to beat the Lions,19-17, unbelievable, here's the video.

• dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's early, but the NFC East is 2-6 against the rest of the league. This projects to 10-30, which would break the record for futility set by the 2020 NFC East, who had broken the previous record for futility set by the 2019 NFC East.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.

Check this out, the Cardinals beat the Jaguars 31-19 today, but Jamal Agnew broke the record for the longest touchdown in NFL history when he caught a missed field goal and returned it 109 yards.

that was on the 68 yard miss by the then current record holder, Matt Prater. it would have been a new record and held when Tucker made the 66 yarder.

no Brady magic today as the Rams look to win going away.

I saw Tuckers kick but had no idea it was 66 yards. With the grandkids and just catching updates besides the Bills game. Baltimore needed a break. Hate they won but congratulations

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • TabeTabe Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

Through 3 games, Matthew Stafford is 3-0 with 942 yards passing, 9 TDs and 1 INT and just dominated the defending Super Bowl Champs. He's had passer ratings of 156.1, 101.8, and 134.

I'm thinking LA is probably pretty happy with the trade so far.

@Tabe said:
    Through 3 games, Matthew Stafford is 3-0 with 942 yards passing, 9 TDs and 1 INT and just dominated the defending Super Bowl Champs. He's had passer ratings of 156.1, 101.8, and 134.

Stafford deserves this, the poor guy played his heart out for that joke of a franchise in Detroit. I wish him success

How HORRENDOUS is Matt Nagy?

@perkdog said:

Trubisky was the scapegoat. He did lead them to the playoffs in 2018. I think it’s about time everyone sees the real problem in Chicago. So the Bears let Trubisky walk and spend 1st round draft choices for Justin Fields? I got news for Chicago. If he ever becomes a QB it won’t be any time soon. He never impressed me and you can scan back through my posts and see it. He can’t read defenses and tucks and runs too soon.
    But, Nagy build a game plan around what? He went with 5 blockers 80% of the time. No backs, no TE to chip or help a rookie QB. Definitely not on Fields. Kid ran for his life. No quick hitches called. Nagy should be removed immediately. Actually he should have been removed before they let Trubisky leave and spend some of their draft choices on an offensive line. As for Fields, he ain’t got it and never will.
    Bye bye Matt Nagy. Don’t let the door hit you in the arse.

W.C.Fields
  • streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    I know it’s not even the end of week 2 but if New Orleans spanked the Packers and the Panthers spanked the Saints, holding them to 100 yards, how bad are the Packers? I just saw the line on Alvin Kamara, 8 rushes 5 yards???

I know Rodgers said not to worry but ahem, if Detroit beats them do Packers fans worry?

Packers fans aren't worrying today.
    "Y’all left 12 with time on the clock? Y’all ain’t seen his résumé?" Valdes-Scantling tweeted.

Have a nice day
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

sir galaxian chiming in here

if you take a look around, there has been a ton of reverence and adoration for the Bucs, the Chiefs, Tom Brady, and Patrick Mahomes. after week one i just shook my head when i read all of the certifiably crazy talk about undefeated seasons, waltzing to the Super Bowl, getting sized for rings and the like. i'm amazed that some of you have become so enamored with quarterbacks and offenses that you completely disregard the guys who play on the other side of the ball for these teams. newsflash: thru 3 weeks, the TB & KC defenses have been downright offensive. two of the very worst in the NFL -- giving up 29.3 and 31.7 per game, respectively.

and some of you think they're gonna meet up again in the Super Bowl?

Mahomes will get his revenge?

it's a foregone conclusion that TB is gonna get #8?

please, please set the crack pipes down and slowly walk away

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, the adoration of QBs is certifiably crazy. But what puts the icing on the crazy cake is that people will believe that Mahomes (or Brady, or Stafford, or any QB) is less great if "he" doesn't win the Super Bowl. The statement that "he won X number of Super Bowls" is without question the most ignorant statement about sports that can be made; and that's true whether the number is 0, 1, 7 or any other number.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

aa> @galaxy27 said:

sir galaxian chiming in here

if you take a look around, there has been a ton of reverence and adoration for the Bucs, the Chiefs, Tom Brady, and Patrick Mahomes. after week one i just shook my head when i read all of the certifiably crazy talk about undefeated seasons, waltzing to the Super Bowl, getting sized for rings and the like. i'm amazed that some of you have become so enamored with quarterbacks and offenses that you completely disregard the guys who play on the other side of the ball for these teams. newsflash: thru 3 weeks, the TB & KC defenses have been downright offensive. two of the very worst in the NFL -- giving up 29.3 and 31.7 per game, respectively.

and some of you think they're gonna meet up again in the Super Bowl?

Mahomes will get his revenge?

it's a foregone conclusion that TB is gonna get #8?

please, please set the crack pipes down and slowly walk away

While there might be a general narrative around Mahomes and TB, I think for the most part we (the collective we?) appreciate the subtleties and importance of defense. We can all look back at the last twenty years of Patriots teams and see the importance of the defenses and the year-to-year hiccups.

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@Tabe said:

Stafford deserves this, the poor guy played his heart out for that joke of a franchise in Detroit. I wish him success

Every Lions fan I know is rooting hard for Stafford in LA. He wasn't perfect in Detroit, for sure, but deserved better. And we hope he has a ton of success there.

Well I’m going on record right now in week 3 and will say with 100% confidence that a team with a top tier QB will be in the AFC and NFC championship game. Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, Stafford, Allen will be in the mix. It’s not going to be

“You can write that” > @Tabe said:

@perkdog said:

@Tabe said:

Every Lions fan I know is rooting hard for Stafford in LA. He wasn't perfect in Detroit, for sure, but deserved better. And we hope he has a ton of success there.

That’s good to hear, he definitely did the best he could and it’s good to know most Detroit fans wish him well

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

supremely horrendous. never should have been hired in the first place, and never again should he work in the NFL. thankfully i was watching golf and missed Justin Fields almost getting murdered in his first start yesterday. 9 sacks and 114 yards of total offense.

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet